Samuel Kalu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Samuel Kalu

Post by Tobi17 »

Bona-fide and complete baller, love how he initiated that brilliant attack that had four Ukrainian defenders torn to pieces with neat skill, the whole attack of Kalu, Iwobi, Osimhen and Samu looks beautiful.

We need to improve that defence so badly though, seems Tomori has declared his intention to represent Nigeria, we should get him cause he's been quality in that Chelsea defense... big shout out to Aribo, a definite refreshing addition to that midfield (hopefully we get Ejaria and maybe Eze), then we are set to rumble.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Samuel Kalu

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kalu had a good game but he needs to make better decisions with the ball at times.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

They’re all good but we aren’t set until our boys are playing for Arsenal, Chelsea’s, man city, Barcelona, relmdrud, Bayern, etc or even historically big names like AC Milan, Dortmund
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

john12 wrote:They’re all good but we aren’t set until our boys are playing for Arsenal, Chelsea’s, man city, Barcelona, relmdrud, Bayern, etc or even historically big names like AC Milan, Dortmund
Smh
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tobi17 wrote:Bona-fide and complete baller, love how he initiated that brilliant attack that had four Ukrainian defenders torn to pieces with neat skill, the whole attack of Kalu, Iwobi, Osimhen and Samu looks beautiful.

We need to improve that defence so badly though, seems Tomori has declared his intention to represent Nigeria, we should get him cause he's been quality in that Chelsea defense... big shout out to Aribo, a definite refreshing addition to that midfield (hopefully we get Ejaria and maybe Eze), then we are set to rumble.
Samuel is quality but greedy. Same goes for chukwuezi. Had either one been as generous with the pass as the likes of Iwobi, Osimehn and Aribo were, Osimhen would’ve easily had a hat trick and game would’ve been done possibly as early as first half.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
john12 wrote:They’re all good but we aren’t set until our boys are playing for Arsenal, Chelsea’s, man city, Barcelona, relmdrud, Bayern, etc or even historically big names like AC Milan, Dortmund
Smh
I know, right? :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Kalu had a good game but he needs to make better decisions with the ball at times.

If only Moses can get to the level of ball decision making as Kalu. :lol:

Kalu sucked, second half.
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

green4life wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Bona-fide and complete baller, love how he initiated that brilliant attack that had four Ukrainian defenders torn to pieces with neat skill, the whole attack of Kalu, Iwobi, Osimhen and Samu looks beautiful.

Samuel is quality but greedy. Same goes for chukwuezi. Had either one been as generous with the pass as the likes of Iwobi, Osimehn and Aribo were, Osimhen would’ve easily had a hat trick and game would’ve been done possibly as early as first half.
Chukwueze will come good. He needs to get closer into a better shooting position and then he is a top 20 world top striker.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Kalu needs to spend quality time practicing his shooting. For now, it's hit and miss. He needs to get to the level where he can score the type of goal he scored against Libya in Uyo regularly.
He's a big boy in Bordeaux and I'm hoping he has a good season. Roma and Fiorentina were looking him up last season but the season fell apart due to injury and the trauma of his Mother's kidnapping.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The boy is doing well though I wasn't too sold on him before his move to Bordeaux. He is still too immature for me in his decision making and casual attitude but he will get better.

On the other hand Simon Moses has lost form compared to the days when we had him and Victor Moses on the wings and needs to get his form back before he is invited again, that's if he succeeds. He was a better play that Kalu in their Belgium club but he has lost it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

green4life wrote:

Hmm, I thought Ighalo was the only problem we had with selfishness and as soon as he was hounded out of the team we would be all good and dandy? I wonder if these guys are gonna get the same level of criticism. After all, the other dude was banging in goals but because he was apparently "selfish" he deserved to be relentlessly criticized.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I hope that Samuel Chukwueze can find his way to Liverpool. Right now, he reminds me of Thierry Henry when he was still struggling to find himself at Juventus and AS Monaco before finally becoming the world class player that all knew he could be at Arsenal.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Orion wrote:
green4life wrote:

Hmm, I thought Ighalo was the only problem we had with selfishness and as soon as he was hounded out of the team we would be all good and dandy? I wonder if these guys are gonna get the same level of criticism. After all, the other dude was banging in goals but because he was apparently "selfish" he deserved to be relentlessly criticized.
I don’t see the relevance of Ighalo in my post. You have me mixed up with someone else
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Dammy wrote:Kalu needs to spend quality time practicing his shooting. For now, it's hit and miss. He needs to get to the level where he can score the type of goal he scored against Libya in Uyo regularly.
He's a big boy in Bordeaux and I'm hoping he has a good season. Roma and Fiorentina were looking him up last season but the season fell apart due to injury and the trauma of his Mother's kidnapping.
Not just shooting but first, decision making. You must dribble with a purpose. By the time you’ve decided to dribble past your marker(s), you should already know your best option: shoot vs pass. That is the difference between a player like Mane and chukwuezi/ kalu. They have the skill but the mental part is lacking which makes their work more difficult than needed and results in an increasingly frustrated striker waiting for obvious passes that never arrive.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:
Dammy wrote:Kalu needs to spend quality time practicing his shooting. For now, it's hit and miss. He needs to get to the level where he can score the type of goal he scored against Libya in Uyo regularly.
Not just shooting but first, decision making. You must dribble with a purpose. By the time you’ve decided to dribble past your marker(s), you should already know your best option: shoot vs pass. That is the difference between a player like Mane and chukwuezi/ kalu. They have the skill but the mental part is lacking which makes their work more difficult than needed and results in an increasingly frustrated striker waiting for obvious passes that never arrive.
Strong this. Osimhen's movement was very good last night. All he needed was a well delivered final pass that too often never arrived. Chukwueze was a big culprit, but not the only one.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

green4life wrote:
Maybe the real difference is that Mane is 27 years old and they are not. He was not the beast he is today 5 years ago when he was 22.
We need to give these guys time to grow.
They don't buy maturity and experience in the market.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "