The case for the "cockney eagles"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
The case for the "cockney eagles"

Post by bushboy »

I grew up in the era of the "green eagles" and at some point, I grew accustomed to the new name to the "super eagles" but I think we are headed for the biggest and most significant change of all. All hail the "cockney eagles!"

As I watched the game against Ukraine yesterday, I noticed a level of calm and confidence in the fundamentals of 4 players that seemed out of place with the "run fast, dribble and shoot" mentality of their peers. It was obvious to me that their peers possibly had more natural talent than the 4 aforementioned, but something about them seemed "mentally" better. These 4 were: Iwobi. Aribo. Ajayi. Aina.

This got me thinking. What if the other players on this team had also benefited from having their football foundation built in a structured academy of a team with resources to spare? The EPL is without question the best league in the world and some of these academies are truly world class. It is no coincidence that even the English national team is in the midst of the best talent the nation has produced in decades!

I am tired of the local academy, with falsified ages and profit making model. I think the future of our SE lies with these Nigerian young men trained and taught football from a young age at the highest level under former club legends and top level coaches.

Adarabioyo. Tomori. Abraham. Ejaira. And a host of other Nigerian brits MUST be brought in.

Yes, there is room for the brilliant talents of the Chukwueze, Kalu, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Etebo...but I really believe for us to hit the dizzying heights of world dominance, our team must be 60-70% made up of the cockney boys! That in my opinion will be a jolly good show!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The case for the "cockney eagles"

Post by danfo driver »

I heard "cockney" is a derogatory word.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:I heard "cockney" is a derogatory word.

because of the similarity with Tottenham's cockerel? :woot: :woot: :woot:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: e fit be!

The person told me that its a term used for people of lower class. When I googled it, this came up:
Originally a pejorative term applied to all city-dwellers
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

This thread is not to debate linguistics. I am very serious about the premise I propose.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

bushboy wrote:This thread is not to debate linguistics. I am very serious about the premise I propose.

you need to get out of the bush more often :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This one has absolutely lost his mind without question. Cockney Eagles?? WTF! Are U freaking serious? This is inferiority complex at its worst. This is the kind of mentality that led to millions of people taken into slavery. Cockney Eagles? Thunder faya u wherever u Dey right now. Holy Ghost faya burn ya compura .

Which cockney Academy did Mikel, oliseh and Finidi go to? I suppose you think Aina is better on the ball than even chidi Ordiah. You’re a real akotileta. :curse:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what a racist thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

When Aina was floping like a catfish that jumped out a bucket all in the name of trying to head the ball, was that calm too?

with this bs thread.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote:what a racist thread

He's the type that orders pizza in london to be delivered by British Airways. he gets the pizza the next day all cold and mushy but because it was on a British Airways the mugu thinks he has the best Pizza in the world. meanwhile he just paid 20 times what the pizza is worth and has no Microwave or power to even warm it up. This is what this Cockney bushman is trying to do to our football.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bushboy wrote:This thread is not to debate linguistics. I am very serious about the premise I propose.

you need to get out of the bush more often :sneaky:
I doubt he can. :lol:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:what a racist thread

He's the type that orders pizza in london to be delivered by British Airways. he gets the pizza the next day all cold and mushy but because it was on a British Airways the mugu thinks he has the best Pizza in the world. meanwhile he just paid 20 times what the pizza is worth and has no Microwave or power to even warm it up. This is what this Cockney bushman is trying to do to our football.
I have no idea what you are talking about. There are some things that are just fact. It has NOTHING to do with race. Are we sitting here arguing whether EPL academies are BETTER than Nigerian ones? That is a no brainer. It is not conditioned on race or any perceived inferiority or superiority complex. It is the tuth based on the QUALITY of coaching, available funds and facilities.
The same man talking about me is behind his keyboard or phone in a foreign country! Go figure!
If I say electric power is more stable in America than Nigeria? Am I racist?

The bottom line is the English trained players on our team are technically better than their MORE SKILLED counterparts trained in Naija. The younger they are when they go abroad (Osimhen. Chukwueze. Musa. Onyekuru) the better for them. Those who are in Nigeria past a certain age are doomed to be skills without refinement. Its the truth!
Who will be next?
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

bushboy wrote:I grew up in the era of the "green eagles" and at some point, I grew accustomed to the new name to the "super eagles" but I think we are headed for the biggest and most significant change of all. All hail the "cockney eagles!"

As I watched the game against Ukraine yesterday, I noticed a level of calm and confidence in the fundamentals of 4 players that seemed out of place with the "run fast, dribble and shoot" mentality of their peers. It was obvious to me that their peers possibly had more natural talent than the 4 aforementioned, but something about them seemed "mentally" better. These 4 were: Iwobi. Aribo. Ajayi. Aina.

This got me thinking. What if the other players on this team had also benefited from having their football foundation built in a structured academy of a team with resources to spare? The EPL is without question the best league in the world and some of these academies are truly world class. It is no coincidence that even the English national team is in the midst of the best talent the nation has produced in decades!

I am tired of the local academy, with falsified ages and profit making model. I think the future of our SE lies with these Nigerian young men trained and taught football from a young age at the highest level under former club legends and top level coaches.

Adarabioyo. Tomori. Abraham. Ejaira. And a host of other Nigerian brits MUST be brought in.

Yes, there is room for the brilliant talents of the Chukwueze, Kalu, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Etebo...but I really believe for us to hit the dizzying heights of world dominance, our team must be 60-70% made up of the cockney boys! That in my opinion will be a jolly good show!
What is the Ethnic breakdown of your cockney Eagles.....so we know its a rouse to get some of your village boys into the team through the backdoor !!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Allow bushboy be Abeg, this attack is not nice, why una dey bully the man?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Let us not kid ourselves. Training is very important. Which one of us, if facing life saving surgery and asked to choose a doctor would pick one trained at LUTH over one trained at John Hopkins? Be honest!

Say what you want, but the English have a long line of very successful footballers churned out by their academies. For all Yekini's skill, he never attained the level of a Lineker, Owen, Shearer or even Kane!

Do we have a Lampard? Barnes? Beckham? Scholes? Our most decorated player was groomed by Chelsea.

Now we are on the cusp of having a conveyor belt of NIGERIAN young men who are the beneficiaries of this time tested system. Who can combine the skill and flair of Naijaness with the discipline and technical soundness of the English, and we turn it down? For some stupid "national pride?" That to me, is lunacy! We need the cockney eagles biko!
Who will be next?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

From whom did you hear that?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Abegi as good as your cockney eagles were, they didn’t show more talent than the REAL SUPER EAGLES ala chukwueze, Kalu and osimehn and your yekini vs Owen comparison makes no sense because if yekini was an English man, he would had attained the status of Owen, shearer etc
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: e fit be!

The person told me that its a term used for people of lower class. When I googled it, this came up:
Originally a pejorative term applied to all city-dwellers
A Cockney is a Londoner, the original Cockneys are East Londoners and any Londoner that can hear the Bow bells ring there’s nothing derogatory about that.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

john12 wrote:Abegi as good as your cockney eagles were, they didn’t show more talent than the REAL SUPER EAGLES ala chukwueze, Kalu and osimehn and your yekini vs Owen comparison makes no sense because if yekini was an English man, he would had attained the status of Owen, shearer etc
You're missing my point. Yekini had more SKILL and PHYSICAL girfts than the players I mentioned. But their football TRAINING led them to become better strikers than Yekini because they were properly taught about positioning, technique, and other things that made them better that Yekini ever was.

Yekini was a Nigeria international. He was visible! Do you think a big team would not have taken a chance on him? This was the 90s, there were African strikers everywhere from Efan Ekoku to Owobokiro to John Obiku. Why was Setubal the highest level Yekini reached? He lacked the basic training required at that level.
Who will be next?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

All I know is that I hear people being described as having cockney accent..
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:All I know is that I hear people being described as having cockney accent..

Babayaro
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I think I see Bushboy's point, however way anyone chooses to interpret his message... the fact still remains that we are at a stage in our football where our talent feeding conduits for quality/decent players will come mostly from foreign nations and academies especially England where we have probably the highest population of Nigerian youths playing football. The percentage per stats will be some around 70% of English born/academy bred Nigerians who will end up playing for Nigeria, as our brand and appeal increases. Now is this a good thing? is it a bad reflection on our local leagues back home that we now almost rely on England and other foreign nations with far better leagues and football academies than ours to be talent feeders to our national teams? perhaps so, but perspective doesn't always come with a clean slate. The French national team benefits a lot from its diasporan nature (majority of that French players are of French African descent), Algeria has benefited a lot from its mostly French born nationals who ended up representing them... Germany isn't far off as well etc... so Nigeria is surely getting to that point where we might see more English boys of Naija descent donning the green and white colors.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we should also open a thread and talk about " the Case for the Igbo eagles" also we can add the case for the Hausa eagles, then include the case for the Yoruba eagles. Why stop there we can add the case for the dutch eagle, or better yet the German eagle.
I will like to add the case for the Efik eagles

what a very race baiting thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved