Ukraine 2 vs Nigeria 2 [Aribo,Osimhen] Espn3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ukraine 2 vs Nigeria 2 [Aribo,Osimhen] Espn3

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Etebo is to blame for Ukraine's second goal.
Yea, you can lose the ball in central midfield, but where was his DM cover? What were the defenders doing not tracking their man?
Esiti was an absolute disaster and looked out of place the entire time he was on the pitch. I won’t blame Etebo who was one of the best performers on the pitch but once the subs entered everything fell apart.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

vancity eagle wrote:THat useless Esiti.

If I ever see him called up ever again.

When I told you all of these useless fat players who have no business playing to level football.

What a piece of rubbish.
:agree:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

osita wrote:If our boys passed to each other we would have scored 5 goals
Easily. Kalu and Chukwuezi were the biggest culprits which led to Osimehn fighting for crumbs in a game where we had good possession in dangerous areas numerous times.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

green4life wrote:
Easily. Kalu and Chukwuezi were the biggest culprits which led to Osimehn fighting for crumbs in a game where we had good possession in dangerous areas numerous times.
Make we forgive dem.
Na small boy dey worry dem....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

iworo wrote:I feel that we should have won this game. Chukwueze needs some talking to in my own opinion.

Chukwueze did just fine.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote:
green4life wrote:
Make we forgive dem.
Na small boy dey worry dem....
I really think they need to ride the pine for a while. That's the only way kids learn.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ukraine 0 vs Nigeria 2 [Aribo,Osimhen] Espn3

Post by green4life »

metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:Can somebody comment on the defence Collins, Aina, Ekong etc.
Some of us no get links and are following your comments but na so-so strikers and midfielders una dey focus
They have been a bit shaky as a unit. Zinchenko has found space time and time again with through passes that beats all three via one pass. 1v1 they have been solid individually bar a few mistakes, Aina flubbed a header and left Uzoho exposed 1v1, Ajayi turned th ball over in our half. The midfielders have done well to come back to help when we are defending, and our shape hasn't been as bad as some people have harped on here. The team as a whole has pressed quite well and we are winning second balls which leads to counter attacks where we have looked quite deadly. That being said, we still have work to do in the back.
Our defensive line at the back was routinely flat and uneven or “shapeless” leading to them being susceptible to obvious through passes all along the line. It was better in the second half but still an issue.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

ANC wrote:
iworo wrote:I feel that we should have won this game. Chukwueze needs some talking to in my own opinion.

Chukwueze did just fine.
If dancing ajasco with little end product is your thing. But if you appreciate that team work and humility in your play/ though process are critical ingredients of wining teams, then he and Kalu get a 3/10 score for me apiece.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I like how this Aribo is calm
But does a Rohr know how to fit him into the team when Ndidi returns or does he hit the bench waiting for garbage mins?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

elerineye wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
john12 wrote:imagine beating a team that's ranked higher than you 2 0 at their turf and people still have the nerve to denigrate our coach? as in, I'm convinced people have MENTAL issues here. what sort of delusions are people living in? they will never give the man his credit NEVER. even if he defeats a team 5-0 they will say it should had been 6. Bunch of DELUSIONALS
You are the one that should make up your mind and stop being confused. You can't eat your cake and have it.
1.) If we beat Ukraine, to you it's because Rohr is a genius.
2.) If we lose to Ukraine, it's because our players are from backwater leagues and it is delusional to expect victory over a higher ranked team.
The point people are making that keeps flying over your head is that Nigeria can stand up against any team in the world and we don't need any manager telling our players that they are inferior even if they all play for Sharks of Port Harcourt. We faced the very best in the world as world cup rookies in 1994 and we stood tall with no iota of fear. We matched the very best and left an unforgettable mark in world cup history. It shouldn't be a tall order in 2019.
Nuff said, thank you sir!
Well said. John is annoying with his repetitive ‘they have better players so we should lose’ rant. So silly and juvenile on many counts.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

green4life wrote:
ANC wrote:

Chukwueze did just fine.
If dancing ajasco with little end product is your thing. But if you appreciate that team work and humility in your play/ though process are critical ingredients of wining teams, then he and Kalu get a 3/10 score for me apiece.
Abi o. His maddening selfishness last night made him look like a skillful Victor Nsofor.

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

iworo wrote:Osihmen is an hothead!
You work so hard on multiple occasions only to be robbed by the referee continually. It was frustrating to watch talkless of the player involved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

DIMKA76 wrote:How did the lines man overrule the ref?
That was comical. Referee saw the play and initially made the correct call. You don’t overrule without being 100% certain which is near impossible to do without var.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

john12 wrote:we draw a team that's rated higher than us at their home through an handball goal, no biggie. They 2 teams are on the same level
My friend abeg shut up. We have been beating this type and level of European opposition consistently since the 90’s - even on their home soil. You would know if you weren’t born yesterday.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Watched the game.

I guess congratulations are in order for being forced to a draw by a good Ukraine team.

Positives.
Aribo: man, this is a pro's pro. Keeps it simple, has high football IQ and is exudes confidence. Love his play.
Uzoho: getting better and better. Lord knows how good he could be as his confidence grows. Without him we could be talking about another thing.
Iwobi: before he got exhausted putting double shift... for a professional, and a forward/midfielder, he can't shoot to save his life. Kai.
Osimihen (liked his first touch, aggression... seems to lack a left foot. Couple of times he could have scored if he had a left foot.

Negatives.
Our wide players: Chukwueze, in particular, was playing very unprofessional juvenile football. If he was less selfish and squared the ball to better positioned players we could have embarrassed these guys at home. Kalu was slightly better than Chukwueze but he could be a lot better and a lot more professional in his approach.
Our backline was a bit static. Getting caught out multiple times by back shoulder passes and showed some slow reaction time. Also a function of some poor positioning both from them and from the guys who were to shield them. The team tried to hold their lines but sometimes the gaps between the lines were exploited due to spacing issues.
Etebo. Really needs to work on his discipline and in-game awareness and responsibility of his position. When you find yourself in a position where you can't afford to lose the ball, PLEASE do just that. Don't depend on getting subjective calls from Refs when if you don't get those calls it will lead to a scoring threat for the opposing team.

Coaching. I am not a Rohr fan. So pardon my bias. He is doing somethings well but he still needs to learn how to make timely subs and the right subs. I am glad he brought in Esiti so that argument will be done and dusted and the file thrown away. Esiti is just tooooo STIFF. He was left standing like a drill cone on multiple occasions. Nuff said. I thought the coach left Iwobi there for too long in a friendly when the opposing team kept sending in fresh players in an attempt to salvage the game. Same with Osimhen. Finally, I will like to see us play for a full 90+ minutes without tiring or losing concentration. Timely subs and the right subs will fix some of that.

To the Coach and NFF, thank you for bringing in legitimate young players. I hope the performance and the experience of these new guys would encourage others who are still undecided to give Naijaria a chance.

Want to see more of these guys.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

john12 wrote:na only people wet think sey a team wey dey ranked 33th in the world be World beaters. the high time we humble ourselves, the better for us
Dude, you need to take your deep inferiority complex to Ghana Web.

FIFA ranking is flawed so it doesn't really hold water when it comes to who should beat who.

In your world, why would a lower-ranked team beat a higher ranked team if the results are already predetermined?

Anyway, when you open your inferiority ridden brain to yarn your rubbish I remind you of Mada#$%&ingascar.

As that wasn't enough, Algeria who were not top 10 in Africa and with a new coach won the AFCON. But here you are trying to infect us with you self worthlessness. :curse: :curse:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Sorry for the break in transmission but there is a need to post this below regarding forum rules:

3. Please be respectful of your fellow members.
While we encourage open discussions, every Forumer agrees to not post inappropriate material or topics. This includes but not limited to the following:

- content which is knowingly false,
- defamatory,
- deceptive,
- inaccurate,
- tribalistic,
- racist,
- insulting,
- abusive,
- inflammatory,
- vulgar,
- hateful,
- obscene,
- profane,
- sexually graphic,
- or physically threatening.
- Baiting of a forumer is not allowed.
- It also includes posting anything invasive of another member's personal privacy outside of their posted content on CE, or in violation of any law including any stalking or otherwise harassing any member.

4. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.
Type in your word and let the filters do their job of substituting asterisks for letters. Then check your post to see if all profanity was filtered. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable.
We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not. Do not attempt to use vernacular to abuse someone. It will be treated as an abuse regardless of the language it is written on.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=295638

God bless and thanks for your valuable time in reading this.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:Can somebody comment on the defence Collins, Aina, Ekong etc.
Some of us no get links and are following your comments but na so-so strikers and midfielders una dey focus
They have been a bit shaky as a unit. Zinchenko has found space time and time again with through passes that beats all three via one pass. 1v1 they have been solid individually bar a few mistakes, Aina flubbed a header and left Uzoho exposed 1v1, Ajayi turned th ball over in our half. The midfielders have done well to come back to help when we are defending, and our shape hasn't been as bad as some people have harped on here. The team as a whole has pressed quite well and we are winning second balls which leads to counter attacks where we have looked quite deadly. That being said, we still have work to do in the back.
Our defensive line at the back was routinely flat and uneven or “shapeless” leading to them being susceptible to obvious through passes all along the line. It was better in the second half but still an issue.

I think the root cause of the problem was in midfield and our tactical organization in the non-possession phase.

Made worse by Etebo not being the most strategic player in an anchor role. Again and again, an oasis would magically appear in front of that defence!!! Laughable at times....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
green4life wrote:
ANC wrote:

Chukwueze did just fine.
Abi o. His maddening selfishness last night made him look like a skillful Victor Nsofor.

Some of this was as a result of the change in his role as an auxiliary forward, drifting to the center to partner Osihmen. But that doesn't excuse the poor decision making...

One has to pay close attention to see the tweaks Rohr makes; perhaps b/c they are so rare...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I like how this Aribo is calm
But does a Rohr know how to fit him into the team when Ndidi returns or does he hit the bench waiting for garbage mins?

I think we have the makings of a 4-3-3 team, with constant rotation across the frontline, with some dynamic thinking from the coach...

The key, continuing problem remains the quality in central defence. I think Omeruo is not high level and both he and Ekong are prone to lapses of concentration...

I'll keep an eye on Ozonwafor's progress. And Tomori at Chelski...Fat Frankie's politicking might just produce an EPL CD for Nigeria :P

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:Watched the game.

I guess congratulations are in order for being forced to a draw by a good Ukraine team.

Positives.
Aribo: man, this is a pro's pro. Keeps it simple, has high football IQ and is exudes confidence. Love his play.
Uzoho: getting better and better. Lord knows how good he could be as his confidence grows. Without him we could be talking about another thing.
Iwobi: before he got exhausted putting double shift... for a professional, and a forward/midfielder, he can't shoot to save his life. Kai.
Osimihen (liked his first touch, aggression... seems to lack a left foot. Couple of times he could have scored if he had a left foot.

Negatives.
Our wide players: Chukwueze, in particular, was playing very unprofessional juvenile football. If he was less selfish and squared the ball to better positioned players we could have embarrassed these guys at home. Kalu was slightly better than Chukwueze but he could be a lot better and a lot more professional in his approach.
Our backline was a bit static. Getting caught out multiple times by back shoulder passes and showed some slow reaction time. Also a function of some poor positioning both from them and from the guys who were to shield them. The team tried to hold their lines but sometimes the gaps between the lines were exploited due to spacing issues.
Etebo. Really needs to work on his discipline and in-game awareness and responsibility of his position. When you find yourself in a position where you can't afford to lose the ball, PLEASE do just that. Don't depend on getting subjective calls from Refs when if you don't get those calls it will lead to a scoring threat for the opposing team.

Coaching. I am not a Rohr fan. So pardon my bias. He is doing somethings well but he still needs to learn how to make timely subs and the right subs. I am glad he brought in Esiti so that argument will be done and dusted and the file thrown away. Esiti is just tooooo STIFF. He was left standing like a drill cone on multiple occasions. Nuff said. I thought the coach left Iwobi there for too long in a friendly when the opposing team kept sending in fresh players in an attempt to salvage the game. Same with Osimhen. Finally, I will like to see us play for a full 90+ minutes without tiring or losing concentration. Timely subs and the right subs will fix some of that.

To the Coach and NFF, thank you for bringing in legitimate young players. I hope the performance and the experience of these new guys would encourage others who are still undecided to give Naijaria a chance.

Want to see more of these guys.

Was quite a useful friendly I must say; ignoring the std dross post match commentary by Rohr...

There needs to be some serious pressure on Rohr to quicken the pace of the changes required here. Sadly, it will not come from a badly compromised sporting press....

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:Nigeria was robbed, if you ask me :!:

Cheers.
Yeah, hopefully if an opponent scored a goal with his arm in a major tournament VAR will expose it.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

cchinukw wrote:Sorry for the break in transmission but there is a need to post this below regarding forum rules:

3. Please be respectful of your fellow members.
While we encourage open discussions, every Forumer agrees to not post inappropriate material or topics. This includes but not limited to the following:

- content which is knowingly false,
- defamatory,
- deceptive,
- inaccurate,
- tribalistic,
- racist,
- insulting,
- abusive,
- inflammatory,
- vulgar,
- hateful,
- obscene,
- profane,
- sexually graphic,
- or physically threatening.
- Baiting of a forumer is not allowed.
- It also includes posting anything invasive of another member's personal privacy outside of their posted content on CE, or in violation of any law including any stalking or otherwise harassing any member.

4. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.
Type in your word and let the filters do their job of substituting asterisks for letters. Then check your post to see if all profanity was filtered. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable.
We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not. Do not attempt to use vernacular to abuse someone. It will be treated as an abuse regardless of the language it is written on.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=295638

God bless and thanks for your valuable time in reading this.
F*rk outta here mod scum!!!!

just kidding no ban me o lol!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!