THAT ONDO BOY: ARIBO IS WORLD CLASS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Re: THAT ONDO BOY: ARIBO IS WORLD CLASS

Post by chief nfachairman »

JACKAL wrote:You can take that to the bank !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Honestly, we have 4 potential world class players on this team...Iwobi showed class today, Chuckweze, and Yes Osimhen has a lot of potential...even though I remain skeptical.. :mrgreen: and Kalu.

We should have won the game by 5 goals to 3...that would have been a fair result. A lot of misses...ridiculous!! But I am happy that our first team is definitely better than theirs...even though they got an Ojoro 2-2 result.
The players with World class potentials for me are:
Ndidi
Osimhen
Chukwueze
Kalu
Aribo
Ekong
Aina
Onyekuru

Jury out on
Etebo
Iwobi
Collins
Ebuehi
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Honestly, we have 4 potential world class players on this team...Iwobi showed class today, Chuckweze, and Yes Osimhen has a lot of potential...even though I remain skeptical.. :mrgreen: and Kalu.

We should have won the game by 5 goals to 3...that would have been a fair result. A lot of misses...ridiculous!! But I am happy that our first team is definitely better than theirs...even though they got an Ojoro 2-2 result.
Ndidi
Osimhen
Chukwueze
Kalu
Aribo
Ekong
Aina
Onyekuru

Jury out on
Etebo
Iwobi
Collins
Ebuehi

World class must have a completely different meaning here.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

I live in Glasgow and have been following this dude since the summer move. Glasgow Rangers fans still dont know how on earth they managed to land Aribo. He is by far the best player in their team right now and wont be there for too long (two seasons tops) plus a huge transfer fee expected. My gym instructor is captain of East Fife that played against Rangers last month; he was full of adulation for the boy.

With his full box to box approach and being more cerebral than rugged, I was a bit worried about his defensive side and always saw him as alternative for Etebo. I took it all in with a pinch of salt preferring to see how he would fit into SE - the best thing that could happen was Ndidi's absence. I thought he would be drafted in to sit in front of the back 4 at the start, but thank goodness that wasnt the case (whether by design or just his sheer ability to cover the grass). He showed PURE CLASS. Surprisingly Etebo did very well as the main holding midfielder for the first 60mins or so, then seemed to tire out.

Another test will be to see how he can manage on African soil when qualifiers kick off, when athleticism needs to match guile and class. We should let him ease into the team anyway, but great to know that there is no monopoly to the central midfield (Etebo and Ndidi) pairing anymore. There are at least two class players in Aribo and Nwakali, then U23 skipper Okechuckwu banging hard on the door.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Ndidi
Osimhen
Chukwueze
Kalu
Aribo
Ekong
Aina
Onyekuru

Jury out on
Etebo
Iwobi
Collins
Ebuehi
Sorry but Ekong is not world class or going to be one. While I like his Tenacity, he lacks a lot of technical skills. He is not very comfortable with the ball at his feet and has a big problem passing the ball out of the back.

Aina has a long way to go. Alethic, big, and very mobile for a big guy...but he is mistake prone in the sense that he over commits to tackles, gets caught out of position from time to time, and he allows too many crosses by the opponent from his wing...he just simply forgets to stick him leg out. He has a lot of work ahead of him.

Who is Oyekuru going to be competing agansit ? Chukweze ? Kalu ? Osimeh ? He may be on the bench a lot...

I think Iwobi showed his class yesterday. Actually he surprised me and I think Arsenal is going to regret selling him.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

BigMuze wrote:I live in Glasgow and have been following this dude since the summer move. Glasgow Rangers fans still dont know how on earth they managed to land Aribo. He is by far the best player in their team right now and wont be there for too long (two seasons tops) plus a huge transfer fee expected. My gym instructor is captain of East Fife that played against Rangers last month; he was full of adulation for the boy.

With his full box to box approach and being more cerebral than rugged, I was a bit worried about his defensive side and always saw him as alternative for Etebo. I took it all in with a pinch of salt preferring to see how he would fit into SE - the best thing that could happen was Ndidi's absence. I thought he would be drafted in to sit in front of the back 4 at the start, but thank goodness that wasnt the case (whether by design or just his sheer ability to cover the grass). He showed PURE CLASS. Surprisingly Etebo did very well as the main holding midfielder for the first 60mins or so, then seemed to tire out.

Another test will be to see how he can manage on African soil when qualifiers kick off, when athleticism needs to match guile and class. We should let him ease into the team anyway, but great to know that there is no monopoly to the central midfield (Etebo and Ndidi) pairing anymore. There are at least two class players in Aribo and Nwakali, then U23 skipper Okechuckwu banging hard on the door.
The commentators on ESPN 3 were commenting on the fact that a lot of big teams wanted him in Europe...and people were really surprised he signed for Rangers. I think it was a good move for him. Getting coached by a guy who really understands and is a legend in that position and getting to play week in week out is very important at this stage of his career.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Is it true Aribo could still go back and play for England since he only played a friendly for us ?
https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/rangers ... ug-of-war/

Plus I fear the Oyinbos are going to force FIFA to change the rules on Dual player Eligibility !! They are already talking about it. They want huge financial compensation for the players that get raised and trained in their country
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

JACKAL wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Ndidi
Osimhen
Chukwueze
Kalu
Aribo
Ekong
Aina
Onyekuru

Jury out on
Etebo
Iwobi
Collins
Ebuehi
Sorry but Ekong is not world class or going to be one. While I like his Tenacity, he lacks a lot of technical skills. He is not very comfortable with the ball at his feet and has a big problem passing the ball out of the back.

Aina has a long way to go. Alethic, big, and very mobile for a big guy...but he is mistake prone in the sense that he over commits to tackles, gets caught out of position from time to time, and he allows too many crosses by the opponent from his wing...he just simply forgets to stick him leg out. He has a lot of work ahead of him.

Who is Oyekuru going to be competing agansit ? Chukweze ? Kalu ? Osimeh ? He may be on the bench a lot...

I think Iwobi showed his class yesterday. Actually he surprised me and I think Arsenal is going to regret selling him.
Spot on assessment on Ekong and Aina. The defender with WC potentials IMO is Chidozie Awaziem, he's got all the right tools.
I am happy
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

If we could get Adarabioyo. Tomori, Ojokojo and that German defender kid who keeps dissing us, we could really have a great defence......we would really be a tough team to beat...
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Box 2 Box Aribo

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]

enjoy his goal here as well
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chief nfachairman wrote:When I discovered Aribo and kept giving updates on him, I was accused of been an agent and trying to push my players into the SE. Same with Josh Maja and some others
you are an agent and you only care about your stomach..fyi you never ever discovered Aribo, you have zero link to him etc... you are a typical monkey dey work baboon dey chop..get the heck out of here with that"hey look at me " i need credit from another man's labor...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Box 2 Box Aribo

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Bigpokey24 wrote:[/video]

enjoy his goal here as well

who be the Frank Onyeaka?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Donzman wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Ndidi
Osimhen
Chukwueze
Kalu
Aribo
Ekong
Aina
Onyekuru

Jury out on
Etebo
Iwobi
Collins
Ebuehi

I think so too.
For me, 'World Class' basically suggests the player can either walk into or be in serious consideration for a 'World Squad' in their era.

I dont think any country in the world at the moment has more than a cuple of players at best that can be describd as 'World Class'.
Maybe 'international class' might be a better description.
However, NFA Chairman did describe them as 'potential' world class players....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:
Donzman wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Ndidi
Osimhen
Chukwueze
Kalu
Aribo
Ekong
Aina
Onyekuru

Jury out on
Etebo
Iwobi
Collins
Ebuehi

I think so too.
For me, 'World Class' basically suggests the player can either walk into or be in serious consideration for a 'World Squad' in their era.

I dont think any country in the world at the moment has more than a cuple of players at best that can be describd as 'World Class'.
Maybe 'international class' might be a better description.
However, NFA Chairman did describe them as 'potential' world class players....
Dafunk… I only described Aribo as "World Class".. the rest have great potential.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

BigMuze wrote:I live in Glasgow and have been following this dude since the summer move. Glasgow Rangers fans still dont know how on earth they managed to land Aribo. He is by far the best player in their team right now and wont be there for too long (two seasons tops) plus a huge transfer fee expected. My gym instructor is captain of East Fife that played against Rangers last month; he was full of adulation for the boy.

Nwakali again.
What is it you guys are seeing in Nwakali today that keeps you all pushing him for a SE slot?
I am sorry to say this, but he is simply running on past glories, from his 2015 U17 heights.
That was 4 years ago.
From that same team have come Chukwueze and Osimhen, with Okonkwo and Kingsley close behind.

His rating is based solely on potential, but we should know by now that potential never won a race. Iheanacho is from the class before him and we can all see that he will really struggle to make the SE team as things now stand. Their Golden Boots are only as good as their youth forms from 'back in the day'.

Nwakali really needs to prove himself in the senior game or he will be left behind.
Football is a tough, tough game.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:

Nwakali again.
What is it you guys are seeing in Nwakali today that keeps you all pushing him for a SE slot?
I am sorry to say this, but he is simply running on past glories, from his 2015 U17 heights.
That was 4 years ago.
From that same team have come Chukwueze and Osimhen, with Okonkwo and Kingsley close behind.

His rating is based solely on potential, but we should know by now that potential never won a race. Iheanacho is from the class before him and we can all see that he will really struggle to make the SE team as things now stand. Their Golden Boots are only as good as their youth forms from 'back in the day'.

Nwakali really needs to prove himself in the senior game or he will be left behind.
This Nwakali shrinning na real head-scratcher for me. I just don't get it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:When I discovered Aribo and kept giving updates on him, I was accused of been an agent and trying to push my players into the SE. Same with Josh Maja and some others
you are an agent and you only care about your stomach..fyi you never ever discovered Aribo, you have zero link to him etc... you are a typical monkey dey work baboon dey chop..get the heck out of here with that"hey look at me " i need credit from another man's labor...

The mumu has spoken!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Damunk wrote:

Nwakali again.
That was 4 years ago.

Its the Rabiu Ibrahim Syndrome that a lot of Nigerians suffer from. Once they get it in their head that a player is supposedly great at the Junior level they automatically think it will translated to senior level success. It does not, and they cant believe their lying eyes.

Ayo Akinfe is the most notable Nigerian afflicted with this disease. And there are so many others. I already told them Nwakali is an Ajebuter… so was Rabiu and a host of others.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Lolly wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Nwakali again.
That was 4 years ago.

Its the Rabiu Ibarahim Syndrome. You would think after like 6 clubs rejected him they would see the hand writitng on the wall...but no ! Those coaches must be wrong is their conclusion. !
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

I see!
Last edited by BigMuze on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

JACKAL wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Nwakali again.
That was 4 years ago.

Its the Rabiu Ibarahim Syndrome. You would think after like 6 clubs rejected him they would see the hand writitng on the wall...but no ! Those coaches must be wrong is their conclusion. !

I totally understand where you guys are coming from. Truly I admit it is sentiment for me, because he is yet to cut it in league football. The most talented seemed to make really wrong development decisions, Iheanacho and Nwakali are examples. But let's not write him off. Dont forget that even Osimhen was almost drowning in Wolfsburg, but the boy seems a fighter. He rebuilt in lowly Belgium. There are currently no grounds for inviting Nwakali to SE, but maybe his Huesca move and isolation from London boy thins will set him straight. Watch this space.

The point is that we dont just need workhorse characters in our central midfield, we need sleek young Adepoju-like players with goals in them. Notice I didnt say Okocha or Mikel type? :taunt:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

BigMuze wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Nwakali again.
That was 4 years ago.

I totally understand where you guys are coming from. Truly I admit it is sentiment for me, because he is yet to cut it in league football. The most talented seemed to make really wrong development decisions, Iheanacho and Nwakali are examples. But let's not write him off. Dont forget that even Osimhen was almost drowning in Wolfsburg, but the boy seems a fighter. He rebuilt in lowly Belgium. There are currently no grounds for inviting Nwakali to SE, but maybe his Huesca move and isolation from London boy thins will set him straight. Watch this space.

The point is that we dont just need workhorse characters in our central midfield, we need sleek young Adepoju-like players with goals in them. Notice I didnt say Okocha or Mikel type? :taunt:
Here is my full synopsis on Nwakali. He is a very talented ..He is a really , really good player !!
Here is the bad part, at the senior level, talent is not enough...The things you can get away with at the junior level, the seniors wont give you a chance. He is not physical enough, not quick enough, not competitive enough, does not work hard enough. Senior football is awash with Midfielders. The boy is just not ready for Senior level soccer. When you start at Arsenal and you drop down to the dutch 2nd div , Porto 2nd Div and now Spanish 2nd Div...this is not a good trend.Rohr already Invited him and said he is not good enough,,...You should trust all those coaches...

I feel he still has a chance to make it, the window of opportunity is still there, unlike for Rabiu….its really up to him to go to this 2nd division club in Spain to go re-invent himself...
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Ndidi
Osimhen
Chukwueze
Kalu
Aribo
Ekong
Aina
Onyekuru

Jury out on
Etebo
Iwobi
Collins
Ebuehi
Ndidi and maybe Iwobi. I would have added Chukwueze but he has that Nigerian monkey post player mentality that might hold him back.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Love the boy.

Oozes class.

And bobo get high football IQ.

Na to find Scottish league package for TV.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!