10 observations I would like to make about yesterday's game

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 observations I would like to make about yesterday's game

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Francis Uzoho is by far our best goalkeeper. he saved at least three free kicks similar to the one that Mahrez beat Akpeyi with in Egypt. We all knew that using Akpeyi in Egypt was a no-no but alas, Rohr pressed the self-destruct button. Having said that, Uzoho is still not the complete article. He should not have been beaten at his near post for that first goal

[2] Ola Aina defends woefully. He is great going forward but against quality strikers, he will be our weak link. For me, Tyronne Ebuehi has that rightback position in lockdown

[3] Jamiu Collins is just an average left fullback. He is nowhere near the class of say Celestine Babayaro or Ifeanyi Udeze. Rohr needs to step up the search for someone to compete with him

[4] William Ekong has improved on his distribution. If Kenneth Omeruo can improve on his aerial ability, we might have a good, solid centreback pairing

[5] I have never rated the likes of Anderson Esiti or Oghene Etebo highly. They give the ball away too much for anchormen. For me, Wilfred Ndidi and Joe Aribo might be the solution to protecting out back four. Rohr needs to look for other quality players to compete with them and drop those who are simply not good enough

[6] Iwobi is establishing himself as our playmaker. I would like to see Kelechi Nwakali come through and compete with him for that number 10 role

[7] Victor Osimhen was full of energy yesterday but I am not convinced he is strong enough to play as a targetman. Can he gold the ball up with his back to goal like say Yekini, Agali, Emenikle or Ighalo?

[8] Samuel Kalu had a good game too but his finishing was woeful. His decision-making was also atrocious at times. For me, Henry Onyekuru would get the nod over him any day, anytime, anywhere

[9] Samuel Chukwueze also needs to work on his decision-making and finishing. Too often he ran into cul-de-sacs and I lost count of the number of times he sent the ball into Row Z

[10] Rohr has got to clear out all those Forest Gump players like Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa. They are headless chickens who just put their heads down and run. Rohr is never going to win anything with them in his team
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 10 observations I would like to make about yesterday's g

Post by ohenhen1 »

It was a friendly.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Another day, another chance to promote Onyekuru and Nwakali....I really wish you would stop insulting Musa though. He's far and away the best Nigerian player ever at a World Cup
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ayo, can you kindly lose any reference to Nwakali in any immediate SE line up abeg :mad:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We need an Ejaria or Ebere Eze type player to complete that midfield, not Nwakali.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:We need an Ejaria or Ebere Eze type player to complete that midfield, not Nwakali.
They're waiting for their England call up not SE. What we need are NIGERIAN players who want to play for SE not useless cockney players waiting for the queen's call like a servants.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I would like to see Gideon Duru tried out in our next friendly to see how good he is. From what I can see, he is the one coming through the ranks.

There is no tournament around the corner yet but our best squad is looking like this at the moment in my opinion:

*******************************Osimhen************************

************Chukwueze****************Onyekuru*************

*********************************Iwobi****************************

******************Aribo****************Ndidi*********************

***Collins*********Ekong*********Omeruo**********Ebuehi****

**********************************Uzoho***************************

Alampasu
Okoye
Aina
Duru
Awaziem
Ajayi
Etebo
Esiti
Nwakali
Awoniyi
Kalu
Maja
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I would like to see Gideon Duru tried out in our next friendly to see how good he is. From what I can see, he is the one coming through the ranks.

There is no tournament around the corner yet but our best squad is looking like this at the moment in my opinion:

Alampasu
Okoye
Aina
Duru
Awaziem
Ajayi
Etebo
Esiti
Nwakali
Awoniyi
Kalu
Maja

Nwakali based on what? Dont you think playmaker Rabiu Ibrahim and Lukman Haruna are a much better fit? ?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I would like to see Gideon Duru tried out in our next friendly to see how good he is. From what I can see, he is the one coming through the ranks.

Alampasu
Okoye
Aina
Duru
Awaziem
Ajayi
Etebo
Esiti
Nwakali
Awoniyi
Kalu
Maja
I knew you will sneak in Nwakali’s Name somewhere in there... :rotf:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

No matter what you guys say, Kelechi Nwakali is by far Nigeria's most talented player in the world today. He just needs to harness that talent.

I wish I knew why he has not burst on to the scene. He and Toni Kroos are similar type of players and they should be playing at the same level now.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:No matter what you guys say, Kelechi Nwakali is by far Nigeria's most talented player in the world today. He just needs to harness that talent.

I wish I knew why he has not burst on to the scene. He and Toni Kroos are similar type of players and they should be playing at the same level now.
So if he hasn't harnessed the talent how can we use it? He's the most talented player in the world who can't even get PT for a 2nd division team and has to be sent to a 3rd division team. And yet you want a 3rd division player in our NT? This is just clown ish... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:No matter what you guys say, Kelechi Nwakali is by far Nigeria's most talented player in the world today. He just needs to harness that talent.

Correct! He’s made for the AM position but I suspect the young man might have some trouble following instructions or assimilation into a different environment. I watched some of his games at Porto recently and noticed that his class is not in doubt. He’s a true MF general that pulls the string from deep. His transition play is superb but for some reason coaches have refused to give him more time.
OCCUPY NFF!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Francis Uzoho is by far our best goalkeeper. he saved at least three free kicks similar to the one that Mahrez beat Akpeyi with in Egypt. We all knew that using Akpeyi in Egypt was a no-no but alas, Rohr pressed the self-destruct button. Having said that, Uzoho is still not the complete article. He should not have been beaten at his near post for that first goal

[2] Ola Aina defends woefully. He is great going forward but against quality strikers, he will be our weak link. For me, Tyronne Ebuehi has that rightback position in lockdown

[3] Jamiu Collins is just an average left fullback. He is nowhere near the class of say Celestine Babayaro or Ifeanyi Udeze. Rohr needs to step up the search for someone to compete with him

[4] William Ekong has improved on his distribution. If Kenneth Omeruo can improve on his aerial ability, we might have a good, solid centreback pairing

[5] I have never rated the likes of Anderson Esiti or Oghene Etebo highly. They give the ball away too much for anchormen. For me, Wilfred Ndidi and Joe Aribo might be the solution to protecting out back four. Rohr needs to look for other quality players to compete with them and drop those who are simply not good enough

[6] Iwobi is establishing himself as our playmaker. I would like to see Kelechi Nwakali come through and compete with him for that number 10 role

[7] Victor Osimhen was full of energy yesterday but I am not convinced he is strong enough to play as a targetman. Can he gold the ball up with his back to goal like say Yekini, Agali, Emenikle or Ighalo?

[8] Samuel Kalu had a good game too but his finishing was woeful. His decision-making was also atrocious at times. For me, Henry Onyekuru would get the nod over him any day, anytime, anywhere

[9] Samuel Chukwueze also needs to work on his decision-making and finishing. Too often he ran into cul-de-sacs and I lost count of the number of times he sent the ball into Row Z

[10] Rohr has got to clear out all those Forest Gump players like Simon Moses and Ahmed Musa. They are headless chickens who just put their heads down and run. Rohr is never going to win anything with them in his team
Bros..shey U know sey 9ja na free kontri ba? :evil: If a friendly pisses U off like so U can feel free to suit up and go try out for the team na! :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

maceo4 wrote:

So if he hasn't harnessed the talent how can we use it? He's the most talented player in the world who can't even get PT for a 2nd division team and has to be sent to a 3rd division team. And yet you want a 3rd division player in our NT? This is just clown ish... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The irony is that whenever Nwakali plays, he dazzles. His problem appears to be that coaches do not trust him enough to use him.

I am beginning to suspect that his attitude in training is not right. No honest person would see Nwakali and Etebo and pick the latter in their midfield.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I guess the coaches of the 2nd division teams that refused to field Nwakali are dishonest.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

The irony is that whenever Nwakali plays, he dazzles. His problem appears to be that coaches do not trust him enough to use him.

I am beginning to suspect that his attitude in training is not right. No honest person would see Nwakali and Etebo and pick the latter in their midfield.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

His problem is that he is not performing.
Period.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Goodness, gracious. What's with this Nwakali dude sef. It's like Rabiu Ibrahim a few years back. Some young players never quite pan out. That's the nature of sports.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I hope Nwakili eventually fulfills his promise, as it would be a great asset to Nigeria.
However, he should not be mentioned in the Super Eagles context for now. At this point, Etebo is far ahead of him.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

olu wrote:I guess the coaches of the 2nd division teams that refused to field Nwakali are dishonest.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Every time he actually gets to play he performs. How many times have you seen him have a bad game?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:I guess the coaches of the 2nd division teams that refused to field Nwakali are dishonest.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Every time he actually gets to play he performs. How many times have you seen him have a bad game?
Ayo you sound suspiciously like John12 but with an even weaker case.
How many times have you seen Nwakali play not including the U17 WC?
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

I would replace the entire backline. All should be subs. Their defending is atrocious. Ola Aina is not a wing back IMHO. More of a DM.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kali wrote:I would replace the entire backline. All should be subs. Their defending is atrocious. Ola Aina is not a wing back IMHO. More of a DM.
Who with?
Names please.
Me sef would replace the whole freaking team with Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, De Gea, Hazard, Modric, VVan Djik and the rest if I had my way.
But sadly, for some strange reason its not possible.

So who would you replace them with?
I hear there is one brilliant defender that plays under the 3rd Mainland bridge in Lagos.... :tic:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Ayo you sound suspiciously like John12 but with an even weaker case.
How many times have you seen Nwakali play not including the U17 WC?

Whenever he had cameo appearances for Venlo, he looked very good. I assume you also saw this game: