There is no Improvement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

blueangel
Egg
Egg
Re: There is no Improvement

Post by blueangel »

danfo driver wrote:Ukraine were better organized than us, 100% and had better control. You could tell that it was a very well coached side and I am shocked because I even forgot that their coach was Shevchenko, until I saw him yesterday. To think he has only been coaching for 3 years and he made our old donkey look like a buffoon!

Yes, our first goal was brilliant skill from our players. However, most of our chances came from counter-attack when Ukraine had to push forward to get goals, since they were playing at home.

blueangel wrote:Lets look at Ukraine,

Were they better organised ?

Their defense was very porous.

If our players were not selfish in the Ukraine 18 yard box, or the point blank header was scored, Ukraine fans for burn that stadium down with the 5-0 in the first half dem for collect from our Super Eagles.

It appears we were sitting back and letting them come to us.

Ukraine definitely pass the ball brilliantly when attacking but we definitely were not out coached.

The biggest problem as usual is timely substitution by Rohr.
Also why him no play all those players on the bench like Ukraine did ?
You have a point Danfo Driver that they looked better than us.
My view is that football is about creating scoring opportunities, they rarely threatened our defence except a few times. Shots from tight angles i do not count because defenders drive them there & the goalies will save them 95% of the times.
All they were doing was passing ball around. If they could they would definitely have penetrated and scored many goals for their fans. You no see their fan faces during game and for half time ? They were like : "which kin wahala be this "
We were far Superior attacking and creating chances, Their defence could not contain or keep up with our fast paced strikers. If VAR dey, we for have a 2nd penalty and their 2nd goal would not been allowed.

GUYS MAKE YOU NO DEY ARGUE.
There are Only Two Lost Cases on this Site.
Let's STop all unncessary Insults.
The other 2, Just Ignore Them.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

blueangel wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Ukraine were better organized than us, 100% and had better control. You could tell that it was a very well coached side and I am shocked because I even forgot that their coach was Shevchenko, until I saw him yesterday. To think he has only been coaching for 3 years and he made our old donkey look like a buffoon!

Yes, our first goal was brilliant skill from our players. However, most of our chances came from counter-attack when Ukraine had to push forward to get goals, since they were playing at home.

blueangel wrote:Lets look at Ukraine,

Were they better organised ?

Their defense was very porous.

If our players were not selfish in the Ukraine 18 yard box, or the point blank header was scored, Ukraine fans for burn that stadium down with the 5-0 in the first half dem for collect from our Super Eagles.

It appears we were sitting back and letting them come to us.

Ukraine definitely pass the ball brilliantly when attacking but we definitely were not out coached.

The biggest problem as usual is timely substitution by Rohr.
Also why him no play all those players on the bench like Ukraine did ?
You have a point Danfo Driver that they looked better than us.
My view is that football is about creating scoring opportunities, they rarely threatened our defence except a few times. Shots from tight angles i do not count because defenders drive them there & the goalies will save them 95% of the times.
All they were doing was passing ball around. If they could they would definitely have penetrated and scored many goals for their fans. You no see their fan faces during game and for half time ? They were like : "which kin wahala be this "
We were far Superior attacking and creating chances, Their defence could not contain or keep up with our fast paced strikers. If VAR dey, we for have a 2nd penalty and their 2nd goal would not been allowed.

GUYS MAKE YOU NO DEY ARGUE.
There are Only Two Lost Cases on this Site.
Let's STop all unncessary Insults.
The other 2, Just Ignore Them.

Honestly lets all agree that there's no improvement on game management. And it all goes back to one person ROHR regardless of whatever efforts credited to him. The game and a litany of other games were either lost or tied due to poor or complete absence of minuet but strategic injections in dyeing minutes of the games. Same was true yesterday.
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

tobi which side are you on bro? today, you're on the Rohr side, tomorrow youre on the criminal/crooks side. pick 1 boss. we dont tolerate olosho behavior here

mods: please stop tampering with my words. you guys keep editing it when I'm not breaking forum rules
Last edited by john12 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

john12 wrote:tobi which side are you on bro? today, you're on the Rohr side, tomorrow youre on the side. pick 1 boss. we dont tolerate olosho behavior here
WOWO propaganda is irresistible to impressionable minds until evidence to the contrary knocks them back to reality.

I wouldn't blame him. :oops:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

John12 abi na Tobi17, whichever of you is inside there at the moment, are we owing **** salary?

Tobi17 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
john12 wrote:even if rohr likes, let him defeat argentina 10-0, they will say it should had been "11 - 0" They will never give rohr credit for anything and it isn't football related.
At least make him defeat na?

Let him do it. I am pleading to Rohr. All we are saying is defeat Argentina in your tenure as coach. Defeat top opposition.

How difficult is it? Yesterday is a case in point. We should have won the game yesterday convincingly. Even that is beyond Herr Gernot Rohr. That was no surprise :roll:
Well it's not Rohrs fault that your defenders couldn't do the basic job of defending... it's not like these problems haven't existed long before Rohr became coach!
Is he a care taker? Which is why I continue to question why his contract has not been terminated. :roll:
And what happens after Rohrs contract ends, and the prevailing issues continue with the next coach... will you transfer your bitterness to the next coach, or get a bit more realistic at last?
We need a top foreign coach. Not these journey men.

At the end of Rohr's tenure, you can be certain that the only party with any benefit from this relationship will be Rohr.

There will be nothing of note. I even doubt we would have learnt anything of note.
I hope you will be able to pay that top foreign coach on time, make sure you give him the enabling factors and environment for him to thrive, provide all the facilities he needs to excel, be patient when the gong gets rough etc... if you are amble to fulfill those requisites as a fan... then maybe your perspective and expectations will get better.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

John12 abi na Tobi17, which one of you is inside? :rotf: :rotf:

Tobi17 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
john12 wrote:even if rohr likes, let him defeat argentina 10-0, they will say it should had been "11 - 0" They will never give rohr credit for anything and it isn't football related.
At least make him defeat na?

Let him do it. I am pleading to Rohr. All we are saying is defeat Argentina in your tenure as coach. Defeat top opposition.

How difficult is it? Yesterday is a case in point. We should have won the game yesterday convincingly. Even that is beyond Herr Gernot Rohr. That was no surprise :roll:
Well it's not Rohrs fault that your defenders couldn't do the basic job of defending... it's not like these problems haven't existed long before Rohr became coach!
Is he a care taker? Which is why I continue to question why his contract has not been terminated. :roll:
And what happens after Rohrs contract ends, and the prevailing issues continue with the next coach... will you transfer your bitterness to the next coach, or get a bit more realistic at last?
We need a top foreign coach. Not these journey men.

At the end of Rohr's tenure, you can be certain that the only party with any benefit from this relationship will be Rohr.

There will be nothing of note. I even doubt we would have learnt anything of note.
I hope you will be able to pay that top foreign coach on time, make sure you give him the enabling factors and environment for him to thrive, provide all the facilities he needs to excel, be patient when the gong gets rough etc... if you are amble to fulfill those requisites as a fan... then maybe your perspective and expectations will get better.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

My take.

***1- I do not like Rohr. **
2- The team had too many fresh faces hence were less organized especially in back line. If the game had been a competitive one; more than likely SE would have scored more goals, all things being equal.

3-the Game was one of the more positives Games under Rohr.
4- I do not like the style of play by Rohr, but a with one or two additional quality players he may actually stand a chance against the powerhouses; if he (Rohr) is brave enough.
5 Iwobi football IQ is off the charts, but it’s painful watching him treat a simple pass like hot patotoes. I was not a fan of okocha but this was part of his game that I liked; ability to receive a pass from the defense calmly and effectively hence relieving pressure from the back line.
6- What is Moses still doing in that team? One of the many reason
** Rohr sucks***
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote:My take.

2- The team had too many fresh faces hence were less organized especially in back line. If the game had been a competitive one; more than likely SE would have scored more goals, all things being equal.

4- I do not like the style of play by Rohr, but a with one or two additional quality players he may actually stand a chance against the powerhouses; if he (Rohr) is brave enough.
5 Iwobi football IQ is off the charts, but it’s painful watching him treat a simple pass like hot patotoes. I was not a fan of okocha but this was part of his game that I liked; ability to receive a pass from the defense calmly and effectively hence relieving pressure from the back line.
** Rohr sucks***
And Ukraine would have been looking, anya-anya? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote:

** Rohr sucks***
And Ukraine would have been looking, anya-anya? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Guy you daft sha, kai!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

** Rohr sucks***
Guy you daft sha, kai!
Jette1/John12/Tobi17, yes now... if it was a competitive game, Ukraine will just be looking and do nothing, while we will be taking all our chances 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: