Who else loved Osimehn FIGHTING spirit

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Who else loved Osimehn FIGHTING spirit

Post by Cally »

Damunk wrote:
Cally wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ANC wrote:Moses Simon remains minus 1
Simon came off the pines cold but he's still one of our best 2 way player on the wing. He's a starter and the main creativeness force for Nantes. I think that says more about him than the 15mins he played today.
For someone that calls players useless to be defending that Simon..SMH

Anyways Osimhen was very good, but I noticed one trait that irritated me - he kept throwing his hands in the air and showing clear signs of frustration whenever the ball wasn't passed to him by Samu, Iwobi, or Kalu. However, he I saw 3 or more occasions where he shot instead of passing. He should cut that air of entitlement out real fast.
Read the 2015 article on him and comments from his childhood friends and family when he first hit the U17 team.
It said the same thing.
He is really hungry for success and hopefully as he matures he'll be in better control.
He always wants to win – friends

Many of his friends testified to the fact that Osimhen is a gentle, reserved and almost an introvert, but some of them following close encounters have found out over the years that the striker usually loses his cool on the football pitch. “He is a fighter when playing football so we are not surprised to see him like that in the Nigerian team,” Orji said.

“Whenever we are playing kick-about football in the community, you could incur his wrath if as a teammate you didn’t play well. He wants to win every game, he can shout at you, abuse you if you stop him from winning.” “He is a tough opponent as well as sometimes a difficult teammate.
He wants you to give as much as he is giving to the team and if you fall short of that, he can pick up quarrel, that is the time you will see him in bad mood,”

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=266562&start=0
Thanks for providing that background.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
I welcome Osimhen's aggressive football

Post by Bigpokey24 »

He looked as deadly as he was during the u17s...my goodness, I have zero problems with his harassing and shouting at his teammates plus yeye refs.... .we've had too many soft players and all this gentleman like footballers, that's how we were punked out of the world cup in 2014.. I expect the NFF etc to encourage our new and explosive number 9..VICTOR OSIIMHEN a real Super Eagle
I enjoyed his vexing and focus, Chuks is lucky Vic didn't get too vex with his selfish play
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I welcome Osimhen's aggressive football

Post by danfo driver »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a joy to watch. If we had proper tactics, he'd have destroyed Ukraine yesterday. What a striker! :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It was a joy to watch. If we had proper tactics, he'd have destroyed Ukraine yesterday. What a striker! :clap: :clap:

wasn't he considered too rude and falling at every touch just 2+ months ago during the ANC?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we have a very bad and tactically naive manager, however our FA is so stuck on him. So many top quality players suffering from such incompetence
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

wasn't he considered too rude and falling at every touch just 2+ months ago during the ANC?
yeap, the useless manager we have said he was lazy in training along with Onyekuru
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the most troubling part, is that rohr plays defensive football, but the SE keeps letting in an average of 2 goals every match :lol: :lol: wow, something just aint right .... let this man go...
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

na so we see am o!

Akpeyi and the other one who looks like an Onitsha spare-parts dealer wey sabi greet well well, go to airport to pick the coaches up and help coach wife carry plantain from market were seen as courteous.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:the most troubling part, is that rohr plays defensive football, but the SE keeps letting in and average of 2 goals every match :lol: :lol: wow, something just aint right .... let this man go...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Thats actually the funniest part. Dude spends 90 minutes putting 11 players behind the ball and yet the team gets carved open every attack! What is the point???!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Seriously?! :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odiegwu! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My kind of player! cheii! This is the kind of person you take to "war" and you know "we all die here, today!" :lol: :clap: :clap:

Damunk wrote:
Cally wrote:
Simon came off the pines cold but he's still one of our best 2 way player on the wing. He's a starter and the main creativeness force for Nantes. I think that says more about him than the 15mins he played today.

Anyways Osimhen was very good, but I noticed one trait that irritated me - he kept throwing his hands in the air and showing clear signs of frustration whenever the ball wasn't passed to him by Samu, Iwobi, or Kalu. However, he I saw 3 or more occasions where he shot instead of passing. He should cut that air of entitlement out real fast.
Read the 2015 article on him and comments from his childhood friends and family when he first hit the U17 team.
It said the same thing.
He is really hungry for success and hopefully as he matures he'll be in better control.

Many of his friends testified to the fact that Osimhen is a gentle, reserved and almost an introvert, but some of them following close encounters have found out over the years that the striker usually loses his cool on the football pitch. “He is a fighter when playing football so we are not surprised to see him like that in the Nigerian team,” Orji said.

“Whenever we are playing kick-about football in the community, you could incur his wrath if as a teammate you didn’t play well. He wants to win every game, he can shout at you, abuse you if you stop him from winning.” “He is a tough opponent as well as sometimes a difficult teammate.
He wants you to give as much as he is giving to the team and if you fall short of that, he can pick up quarrel, that is the time you will see him in bad mood,”

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Dan Amokachi :clap: :clap: :clap: famously subbed himself into a game and scored the winning goal :woot: :woot: :woot:
danfo driver wrote:Odiegwu! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My kind of player! cheii! This is the kind of person you take to "war" and you know "we all die here, today!" :lol: :clap: :clap:

Damunk wrote:
Cally wrote:

It said the same thing.

Last edited by Chief Ogbunigwe on Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cally wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Cally wrote:

It said the same thing.

Thanks for providing that background.
Thats cool and all, but it needs to be channeled constructively as he risked getting red carded the way he was going at the ref. How he talks to his teammates is only between them, and as long as they don't have a problem with it then its fine. But you can't be hot-headed towards the ref, it will land you in big trouble at some point.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:the most troubling part, is that rohr plays defensive football, but the SE keeps letting in an average of 2 goals every match :lol: :lol: wow, something just aint right .... let this man go...

Perhaps he is not. Good fit for the Super Eagles
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:the most troubling part, is that rohr plays defensive football, but the SE keeps letting in an average of 2 goals every match :lol: :lol: wow, something just aint right .... let this man go...

No mine am.
I don't recall Rohr ever calling himself a defensive coach.

People want an attacking team, playing "the Nigerian style".
What is never mentioned is that this 'Nigerian style' was notorious for its defensive frailties, even naivity. There was a reason why for decades we were described as "naive". Annoying as the label was, our players continued to play their part in confirming it.

It is what painfully lost us crucial World Cup games v Italy, Argentina, England, Paraguay and shame of all shames, Denmark back in the so-called 'Golden Era'.

Now we have the attacking flair coming back as demanded, we suddenly realize that our defence is suspect.
Before nko?
When was that never the case?
So where did the 'defensive' coach' come from and what does it even mean?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the mod that merged this thread, your head no dey house
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:

No mine am.
I don't recall Rohr ever calling himself a defensive coach.

People want an attacking team, playing "the Nigerian style".
What is never mentioned is that this 'Nigerian style' was notorious for its defensive frailties, even naivity. There was a reason why for decades we were described as "naive". Annoying as the label was, our players continued to play their part in confirming it.

It is what painfully lost us crucial World Cup games v Italy, Argentina, England, Paraguay and shame of all shames, Denmark back in the so-called 'Golden Era'.

Now we have the attacking flair coming back as demanded, we suddenly realize that our defence is suspect.
Before nko?
When was that never the case?
So where did the 'defensive' coach' come from and what does it even mean?
oh my, spoken like a true rohrbot.... how can someone have nothing inside dem pari? my goodness are you slow or what? you just listed some trash games , with WOWOs as the managers...you do know that just indicates WOWOs have no clue on how to set up a defense?

Keshi took us to WC 2014 , we let in 5 goals in 4 games.. Fetus took us to WC2002 we let in 3 goals in 3 games, bottom line , a Nigerian coach sets up our defense way way better than any FC...FACT not feelings..let me help you some more
Clemens 4 games and we let in 4. Bora , 4 games and we let in 9 goals... lagabeer 3 games 5 goals, and **** had 3 games and let in 4 , now you are very well aware the bobo set a world record when it comes to AFCON in our history as the worst defense since 1976, letting in 7 freaking goals in AFCON?. . so do not come here with that BS you rohrbot
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

exposes enemy of progress damunk
SuperEagles

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

In all my years of watching Nigerian football, I have never seen a person (not player) like Osimhen before.

Initially I mistook his zeal for anger issues or impatience. I actually thought he was immature. But watching him closely I come to realise that this is a man with a desire to succeed.
That is how he was able to score 10 goals in 30 league appearances with 5 injuries?

The off the pitch issues have a family component that I do not think undermines his integrity, he has learned from it and moved on. On the pitch, his workrate is unrivalled.

His mentality is admirable. I think his mentality and drive to succeed is good enough to become the APOY. This guy is different. He is not like all the other players I have seen in GWG. He doesn't pick and choose when he wants to play.
Name ANY super eagle, they picked and chose when they wanted to show up. Osimhen has not been in his best form, but it doesn't come from a lack of trying. He is not yet where he needs to be, I have spotted some flaws in his game.

BUT, with this attitude, I think not only will he be able to correct those flaws, I think he will EXCEED the expectations that we have of him. He is different. I don't want to mention other players to buttress the argument, because that would probably be in bad taste.

but I think Osimhen is our future captain. I am calling it this early. He will lead this team in the future.

If I have one non technical advise for the man, it would simply be, that his passion is perfect, but when facing goal, he has to forget about the scoreline and just maintain his composure. Actually that would be my advise to all of the Super Eagles players. You want urgency, but you do not want to play differently due to the scoreline. Football has a rhythm, and if you rush that rhythm or delay the rhythm it doesn't work. You cannot rush your passes because of the scoreline, you cannot be anxious to score because of what is at stake. If he was in this zone, he would have had a hattrick in the 2nd game. In one attempt he anticipated the keeper's reaction based on intuition, but he did not have the awareness to anticipate the defender, because he was in a hurry, he actually had time.

Your strategy and your opponent's shape and strategy determines the tempo of the game. There is an element of increasing risk when the situation demands it, but, this is simply a gamble. The most important thing is playing to the natural rhythm of the game, one that should have been largely decided before the match even started. This is the main reason why Nigeria struggled against CAR. But anyway I digress.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT