The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Sleaky72 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... alace.html

Zaha seems really miffed about not getting that move to Arsenal and just fired his agent. Don’t know what the agent could hv done if Palace was asking far more than any team was willing to pay.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Sleaky72 wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:At this stage ur simply arguing for the sake of arguing. There is no rhyme or reason 2 ur statements. But since u feel like splittin’ hairs .. facts are that he did sign for Barcelona and was assigned to their B team and he flopped. He saw game time at Arsenal, captained their youth team and had the likes of Juventus after him when he refused to extend his contract with Arsenal. I’m not here to piss on IB, who I actually rate but anyone with half a decent knowledge of the Gunners youth structure knew how far the club went to retain MCGuane and how badly his decision to leave hurt them. Again, one left for Barca against the team’s best intentions to retain him and the other with no sniff at making it at Arsenal signed with the Mighty Empoli. Have it ur way, I’m done with this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 91051.html

Bk one:

How many games did he play then at Arsenal?
Dude....Barcelona B is in the second division. He joined a second division team just like Bennacer.
Unlike you am willing to accept when am wrong.....he played two dead rubber Eufa cup games. None of them as a starter for Arsenal. He joined Barcelona B team(even your article stated that) where he had a chance of playing against men in the segunda division B. Something he couldn't get at Arsenal. He played more games there for Barcelona B than he ever did.....fact......He has already started more games for Telstar than he did for Arsenal....fact....That is more important for the player's development than the mythical "close to first team squad" without even training with the first team.

It's weird that for all your assertions.....you haven't presented anything factual and somehow I am the one who doesn't know what am talking about.
Ok thanks. Chris Willock left early just like McGuane and got 60 plus games for Benfica B and is now Barry making the bench at West Brom. Yeah so much for the development games at a low level. Carry on Bro. All good.
Guendouzi left PSG to a lower league team and guess what happened.....Rene Adelaide left arsenal for a newly promoted french team and now he is going for 30 million euros.....Bennacer went to italian second division and later on both Napoli and AC Milan wanted to sign him....Donyell Malen left arsenal for at the time a PSV bench and guess what.....now he is a Dutch international(one goal one cap).

You might be right that it might not work out for him but you cant write off a 20 year old still at the beginning of his career......player development is not black and white thing but using the above examples.....going a step down might be what the player needs in order to get game time(not always guaranteed) in order for him to take the next step forward.

This whole thing started when I said it makes perfect sense for him to join a dutch(not danish :sneaky: ) second division team because the said team is coached by Andries Jonker who coached McGuane at arsenal development side.......something you intentionally ignored because it does not support your assertions(damn i need to use a different word).....and that he will be getting improved game time(already a guaranteed starter) which is important for his development........and again you ignored that.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bk-one wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:At this stage ur simply arguing for the sake of arguing. There is no rhyme or reason 2 ur statements. But since u feel like splittin’ hairs .. facts are that he did sign for Barcelona and was assigned to their B team and he flopped. He saw game time at Arsenal, captained their youth team and had the likes of Juventus after him when he refused to extend his contract with Arsenal. I’m not here to piss on IB, who I actually rate but anyone with half a decent knowledge of the Gunners youth structure knew how far the club went to retain MCGuane and how badly his decision to leave hurt them. Again, one left for Barca against the team’s best intentions to retain him and the other with no sniff at making it at Arsenal signed with the Mighty Empoli. Have it ur way, I’m done with this.

Bk one:

Dude....Barcelona B is in the second division. He joined a second division team just like Bennacer.
Unlike you am willing to accept when am wrong.....he played two dead rubber Eufa cup games. None of them as a starter for Arsenal. He joined Barcelona B team(even your article stated that) where he had a chance of playing against men in the segunda division B. Something he couldn't get at Arsenal. He played more games there for Barcelona B than he ever did.....fact......He has already started more games for Telstar than he did for Arsenal....fact....That is more important for the player's development than the mythical "close to first team squad" without even training with the first team.

It's weird that for all your assertions.....you haven't presented anything factual and somehow I am the one who doesn't know what am talking about.
Ok thanks. Chris Willock left early just like McGuane and got 60 plus games for Benfica B and is now Barry making the bench at West Brom. Yeah so much for the development games at a low level. Carry on Bro. All good.
Guendouzi left PSG to a lower league team and guess what happened.....Rene Adelaide left arsenal for a newly promoted french team and now he is going for 30 million euros.....Bennacer went to italian second division and later on both Napoli and AC Milan wanted to sign him....Donyell Malen left arsenal for at the time a PSV bench and guess what.....now he is a Dutch international(one goal one cap).

You might be right that it might not work out for him but you cant write off a 20 year old still at the beginning of his career......player development is not black and white thing but using the above examples.....going a step down might be what the player needs in order to get game time(not always guaranteed) in order for him to take the next step forward.

This whole thing started when I said it makes perfect sense for him to join a dutch(not danish :sneaky: ) second division team because the said team is coached by Andries Jonker who coached McGuane at arsenal development side.......something you intentionally ignored because it does not support your assertions(damn i need to use a different word).....and that he will be getting improved game time(already a guaranteed starter) which is important for his development........and again you ignored that.
Please Jesus help me with these people!! Why do I hv 2 break things down in2 the most trivial minutiae with U ppl? Why are u being so obtuse? Ok against my better judgment I’ll continue this waste of time.
Let’s go back to the beginning. Arsenal desperately wanted 2 keep McGuane who was one of the jewels of their academy and he refused to stay amidst the lure of some of the biggest clubs in the world. Anyone with any knowledge of the team set up knew he was as much of a lock to make the team as anyone, because he filled a defensive need at the club!

I started watching the kid when on vacation, by good fortune, happened to be in the same place with someone who turned out 2 be a Fulham youth coach & he told me as an Arsenal fan 2 watch out for the next “British Raphael Varane”!! Similar in physique and skill set, I soon noticed what the scout was talking about and so did Juve and Barca!

So far his trajectory to elite football which Arsenal would have fast tracked him 2 has seen him to the second division of Denmark! Now you keep arguing and saying this makes “perfect sense”!!! In what word does this make sense???

And what’s this based on? Surely he didn’t expect his path to lead 2 the Danish lower division? I gave the example of C Willock who chose a similar path and is now languishing as a training day body with West Brom. You keep bringing up Adelaide and Bennacer and comparing them to MCGuane where the clear difference is that the Adelaide was told to leave before the door hit him and Bennacer was barely noticed when he packed his bags to Empoli. Again it seems U just wanna argue. M2 was technically and athletically superior to Rob Holding. All he lacked was experience. My argument is that had he stayed at Arsenal he would have had a better chance at top level football than is the present case 4 him. I will follow the career of Xavier Amaechi who forced his way out and see how things work out for him. It’s funny how peeps make noise here. I remember some banging the drums 4 Benik afobe and Chuks Aneke when he left for Belgium (I think) and blasted Arsenal for not keeping them .. well don’t hear much noise now! In the end this all opinion. We shall see. From an Arsenal fan perspective I lament the loss of a blue chip prospect who failed to take note of how many Arsenal players have been lured by the bright lights of Barca and learned to regret it. Alex Song, Alex Hleb, Manu petit say hello!! Even the great Fabregas was more or less chased out ...
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Guess he learned from his older Bro’s mistake of seeking more playing time abroad and ending up being a training cone at the Hawthorns. So happy 4 Willock. Great News!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sleaky72 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... alace.html

Zaha seems really miffed about not getting that move to Arsenal and just fired his agent. Don’t know what the agent could hv done if Palace was asking far more than any team was willing to pay.
He should fired his Agent for failing in his duty to secure a clause in his last contract with Palace which guaranteed him leaving for a certain amount of money or after fixed period of time.

Zaha had less than 2 years left when he signed his new deal. His fired Agent said there were verbal promises made by Palace. Well, they amount to nothing. Zaha is stuck at a club he wants to leave. Many wonder if the Agent acted in Zaha's interest.

His agent deserves to be fired.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I have mentioned a few things about Willock here over the years. One thing I have never mentioned is how good particular aspects of his game is. Perhaps, the very best ability is his defensive side for an offensive minded player. He reads the game like a veteran, he anticipates danger, and gets himself quickly in position to deal with the danger.

Then he is off attacking but always mindful to be in unison with team mates. The kid is fantastic, yes he needs to add more in terms of key passes, assists and goals. But we know he has that talent from his junior days, so this is not a problem. Willock for one so young appreciates the importance of sacrifice for the team.

Arsenal could have in their hands a truly top class player in the making. For me, if he continues like this, greatness beckons.

When he was left out of the team, everyone around me in that stadium felt it was the wrong decision. I greed.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Waffiman wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... alace.html

He should fired his Agent for failing in his duty to secure a clause in his last contract with Palace which guaranteed him leaving for a certain amount of money or after fixed period of time.

Zaha had less than 2 years left when he signed his new deal. His fired Agent said there were verbal promises made by Palace. Well, they amount to nothing. Zaha is stuck at a club he wants to leave. Many wonder if the Agent acted in Zaha's interest.

His agent deserves to be fired.
Great point. I missed that.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very good player.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Sleaky72 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
bk-one wrote:

Bk one:

Please Jesus help me with these people!! Why do I hv 2 break things down in2 the most trivial minutiae with U ppl? Why are u being so obtuse? Ok against my better judgment I’ll continue this waste of time.
Let’s go back to the beginning. Arsenal desperately wanted 2 keep McGuane who was one of the jewels of their academy and he refused to stay amidst the lure of some of the biggest clubs in the world. Anyone with any knowledge of the team set up knew he was as much of a lock to make the team as anyone, because he filled a defensive need at the club!

I started watching the kid when on vacation, by good fortune, happened to be in the same place with someone who turned out 2 be a Fulham youth coach & he told me as an Arsenal fan 2 watch out for the next “British Raphael Varane”!! Similar in physique and skill set, I soon noticed what the scout was talking about and so did Juve and Barca!

So far his trajectory to elite football which Arsenal would have fast tracked him 2 has seen him to the second division of Denmark! Now you keep arguing and saying this makes “perfect sense”!!! In what word does this make sense???

And what’s this based on? Surely he didn’t expect his path to lead 2 the Danish lower division? I gave the example of C Willock who chose a similar path and is now languishing as a training day body with West Brom. You keep bringing up Adelaide and Bennacer and comparing them to MCGuane where the clear difference is that the Adelaide was told to leave before the door hit him and Bennacer was barely noticed when he packed his bags to Empoli. Again it seems U just wanna argue. M2 was technically and athletically superior to Rob Holding. All he lacked was experience. My argument is that had he stayed at Arsenal he would have had a better chance at top level football than is the present case 4 him. I will follow the career of Xavier Amaechi who forced his way out and see how things work out for him. It’s funny how peeps make noise here. I remember some banging the drums 4 Benik afobe and Chuks Aneke when he left for Belgium (I think) and blasted Arsenal for not keeping them .. well don’t hear much noise now! In the end this all opinion. We shall see. From an Arsenal fan perspective I lament the loss of a blue chip prospect who failed to take note of how many Arsenal players have been lured by the bright lights of Barca and learned to regret it. Alex Song, Alex Hleb, Manu petit say hello!! Even the great Fabregas was more or less chased out ...
Dude....so still you ain't said nothing to dispute my point....now you slowly descending to trying to belittle me and that usually happens when you don't have nothing to say.

And off course the move makes perfect sense for him and you have failed to state why it doesn't.

To each his own.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

BK, let’s agree to disagree. If I stepped outta line I sincerely apologize . No disrespect meant at all.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Sleaky72 wrote:BK, let’s agree to disagree. If I stepped outta line I sincerely apologize . No disrespect meant at all.
Don’t worry its fine....You don't need to apologize.

And bravo to you for sticking to your point though....respect :clap: :clap:

At the end of the day we want the same thing....to see arsenal winning.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Did anyone here Mertersacker's recent comments on Wenger?

Waiting for comments.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:Did anyone here Mertersacker's recent comments on Wenger?

Waiting for comments.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

cchinukw wrote:

Waiting for comments.
I was under the impression that this is an Arsenal thread?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Waiting for comments.
Is Arsene Wenger still part of Arsenal's current season? :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Waiting for comments.
Per's book is my number one Xmas reading. As for the comments, I did. I also read Per's comments on Le Prof. Great stuff. :D
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

cchinukw wrote:
Nkume wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Waiting for comments.
Is Arsene Wenger still part of Arsenal's current season? :sneaky:
Arsene Wenger WILL ALWAYS be part of Arsenal.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so 2 weeks don finish eh, nah who assanal dey play sef?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Thanks for spamming the thread L!ttled!ckey