Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Liverpool (6 x European Champions): NEWS - SEASON/19-20

Post by mcal »

Sleaky72 wrote:
mcal wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
oloye wrote:Mane has every right to be angry, it is becoming ridiculous, Sallah is doing it deliberately
Fair point but to throw such a temper tantrum when your team is winning 3-0? It makes it seem more about “You” than the “team”. Yes Salah used him as a decoy but goodness, it can’t be that serious now.
...Liverpool and City are raking up goals, that may be the decider at the end.
Mane is right to be mad, Salah's selfihness is gonna ruin the team progress.
This is just like SE video match in the 90s I believe, where Siasia failed to make clear pass to Yekini for a comfortable win vs Algeria and Westerhoff was pissed about it.
Wow aren’t we being a little too desperate and OTT here? What an analogy. Comparing a World Cup qualifier to a league game that ur up by three goals? Ok have it ur way. I’m dne here.
...forget the "qualifier/league game" thing. I am referring an individual's attitude toward a given match. Could be at any, friendly or real.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

mcal wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
oloye wrote:Mane has every right to be angry, it is becoming ridiculous, Sallah is doing it deliberately
Fair point but to throw such a temper tantrum when your team is winning 3-0? It makes it seem more about “You” than the “team”. Yes Salah used him as a decoy but goodness, it can’t be that serious now.
This is just like SE video match in the 90s I believe, where Siasia failed to make clear pass to Yekini for a comfortable win vs Algeria and Westerhoff was pissed about it.
City scored four goals. Maybe Sadio wanted to match it, and the selfish Salah, who thinks he is Messi, but is not, would not pass the ball.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Much ado about nothing....Stuff like this happens with almost all top players.

Folks forget Sadie himself was guilty of this in a game last season...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Salah's a repeat offender.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:Salah's a repeat offender.
So is Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, even Messi sometimes.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

ohsee wrote:
mcal wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
City scored four goals. Maybe Sadio wanted to match it, and the selfish Salah, who thinks he is Messi, but is not, would not pass the ball.
He does that a lot whenever I watch him, he’s so desperate to live up to the standard he set two years ago.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

I am getting more frustrated at Mo Salah too. If you have to be selfish, please do but make sure you do a Sergio Aguero. Score every damn time you have a teammate who would have had a better chance if you slotted it coolly to them.

Mane is right to be frustrated. Klopp clear the air afterwards but I think Salah needs to be told to either start scoring more or better start passing. Firmino is a better player at the Mo and I think if Salah continues at this rate - he will be back to the guy Chelsea and Roma didn't fancy.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

The one where he failed to pass to Firmino deserves that he be taken off. I trust Pep to be that ruthless and that decision making type process is probably why City will win the league again.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

txj wrote:Much ado about nothing....Stuff like this happens with almost all top players.

There is a God in Heaven!!!
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Alategun wrote:I was really mad at the non pass to Mane. In that situation you have 2 options, use him as decoy or pass to him. He chose the former but that non pass to Firmino is really bad. It just makes it look like he wants the team to work for him instead of the other way round.
Happy about the win. Take 2 weeks and make up and get back at it.

Meant to say I wasn’t really mad at the non pass to Mane.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote:Much ado about nothing....Stuff like this happens with almost all top players.

I am ok with Salah not passing to Mane there. He had the ball on his left foot, just like I wasn’t mad at Mane last year against Everton. He had a chance on goal. He just pulled his shot. But Salah should have passed the ball to Firmino. He has never scored with his right foot from that position because he has a weak right foot. Firmino was wide open. He Salah needs to go back to playing with a wingers mentality who scores lots of goals. Trying to match the high standard he sets for himself 2 years ago. Nothing wrong with that but that ball needs to go to Firmino 100%
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Liverpool looking great so far 4 games 4 win,they have not even come out of gear one.
Hopefully City drops points but Liverpool need to up their goals
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sado and Salah

Post by Senator WIRES »

"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Origi

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Lallana, Shaqiri

Early games after international break often are hard games without rhythm. Playing at Anfueld should help though. Get a win and watch the rest of the games relaxed will be a bonus. Let’s go RedMen! YNWA.......
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

1-0 to Newcastle
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

A pile driver :lol: :lol:
!

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Origi can’t press. I would rather he plays in the middle. With him playing left, means we changed 2 positions with mane central.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Yes Mane
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Sado and Salah

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mods, no content
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

That is what I mean by pressing. It is learning and anticipating when u apply the press. Firmino is best at it
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Nice. Salah
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Job done.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Alategun wrote:That is what I mean by pressing. It is learning and anticipating when u apply the press. Firmino is best at it
Is there any striker better than him in England?This guy a the most complete striker in ePL,very underrated,he came in change the game completley