2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] ARSE v TOT [WK 4]

Post by cchinukw »

kenmega wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
kenmega wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Congratulations to the arse, holding Spurs to a draw at home is a good result for them
No. Congrats to Spurs!

With the defense we had on the pitch, it is a mystery how you didn't win the game.
Emery gifted us a point with his useless substitutions.
Before the substitutions nko?

The Xhaka craziness was that due to subbing?

Even the first goal could have been nipped in the bud sooner before it became worse. A very unprofessional display by Arsenal defenders.

Why bring on the Armenian dude and kept Xhaka on? Emery messed up there...
Ok. I see your point now. Yes.

It is worrying that Mik and Xhaka are on this team. But that Xhaka is my biggest worry. I am not sure he should be in an Arsenal shirt at all.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Refereeing in this game was weird. Arsenal player goes down, foul. Spurs players have to get serious wiped for a blow.

That said we came, we saw, we drew. Spurs will have wanted a win but we will not complain about a draw. Arsenal with new players couldn't do much apart from act like irritating bugs - Sokratis and Torreira I dey look you.

On to Pochettino, you had Moura on the bench you decided to bring on Lo Celso. Wahala dey. You left that warey at RB. I have not seen that kind of defending since I played at RB in secondary school.

Kane and Alli - you two numpties you have a chance to run at goal and you decide to go for the penalty or foul. Are your heads correct?

Lloris - well done but bia you still not fit pass ball. You want give person heart problems.

Danny Rose - go learn how to defend again.

Winks - well done. Eriksen - offensively good defensively ok. Don't want you as my cover in a fight though.

Lamela - chop knuckle. Sissoko - Zokora II.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

CII, as usual, I agree with most of your points aside the criticism of Danny Boy. He would have been an 8 or 9 if not for the jittery at the end of first half when he didn't clear the ball completely leading to their goal. He was all that plus a bag of chips.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

cchinukw wrote:
kenmega wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
kenmega wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Congratulations to the arse, holding Spurs to a draw at home is a good result for them
No. Congrats to Spurs!

With the defense we had on the pitch, it is a mystery how you didn't win the game.
Emery gifted us a point with his useless substitutions.
Before the substitutions nko?

The Xhaka craziness was that due to subbing?

Even the first goal could have been nipped in the bud sooner before it became worse. A very unprofessional display by Arsenal defenders.

Why bring on the Armenian dude and kept Xhaka on? Emery messed up there...
Ok. I see your point now. Yes.

It is worrying that Mik and Xhaka are on this team. But that Xhaka is my biggest worry. I am not sure he should be in an Arsenal shirt at all.
Worst he is Captain of the team
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v CYP [WK 5]

Post by Its a Goal »

Must win match. No 2 ways about it. Failure to do so will put pressure on Poch's position.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is really annoying me to see how Pool has easily carve Newcastle open. Why couldn't Spurs do the same?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is good to see Dele and Ndombele, both on the bench. Sanchez didn't make the team. It appears to be a 4-2-3-1 formation:

Kane
Son * Eriksen* Lamela
Winks * Sissoko
Rose * Vertonghen * Toby * Aurier
Lloris

ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I think Poch needs to start putting Parrott on the bench. Can’t just have Kane as the only real no 9 for the whole season.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

A Serge Aurier sighting!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Not feeling this team this season. I'm keeping my emotions in the bank. I'm not investing it in this team for now
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son. That's my boy

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Get in Son
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]pajimoh[/color] wrote: Not feeling this team this season. I'm keeping my emotions in the bank. I'm not investing it in this team for now
Funny enough I feel the same way. I am tempering my expectations of them. The Newcastle defeat did it for me.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Aurier makes it two.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:It is really annoying me to see how Pool has easily carve Newcastle open. Why couldn't Spurs do the same?
Who is going to do the carving? Momo Sissoko? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Spurs running riot. Son gets his second off a brilliant Aurier cross.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:Not feeling this team this season. I'm keeping my emotions in the bank. I'm not investing it in this team for now
After all these years, you are learning. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: It is really annoying me to see how Pool has easily carve Newcastle open. Why couldn't Spurs do the same?
Who is going to do the carving? Momo Sissoko? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Eriksen. Unfortunately Ndombele was injured as he could have also done the job.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I hope they don't stop and try to see the match out now. One goal can change everything so they better look for more goals.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

What a goal. Kane to Lamela for the 4th.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

That a great transition from defense to attack. Son found Kane to the right who sees Lamela racing to the other side of the goal post. His cross was inch perfect and the pace on the ball was enough to beat the 2 defenders to find Lamela who could only just tap it in.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

All 4 goals came from the right side. Palace's need to plug that hole before more damage is done.