SE coach praises best half of footie ever

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE coach praises best half of footie ever

Post by maceo4 »

-**** praises his teams first half performance, says Ukraine’s second goal shouldn’t have stood.
-Wants to play 2 more friendlies in October against African opponents.
-Continues focusing on the age of his team saying this is the youngest he’s coached.
-Gives respect to Benin so wants to have good preparations before we play them at home in Afcon qualification.

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE coach praises best half of footie ever

Post by jette1 »

Enough of the embellishment already; yes it was ok but it really wasn’t all that. Very labile display - indication of ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The players from the Ukraine game were at the nations cup and our coach refused to play them.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

kalu was Sick all through the tournament
Chukwueze played all games
osimehn was benched for the Highest goal scorer at Afcon. people will say anything whatsoever to discrete their coach
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

[quote="john12"]kalu was Sick all through the tournament
Chukwueze played all games
osimehn was benched for the Highest goal scorer at Afcon. people will say anything whatsoever to discredit their coach
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Our coach.the man with a plan. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jette1 wrote:Enough of the embellishment already; yes it was ok but it really wasn’t all that. Very labile display - indication of ?
The guy has to milk it now... :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

maceo4 wrote:-**** praises his teams first half performance, says Ukraine’s second goal shouldn’t have stood.
-Continues focusing on the age of his team saying this is the youngest he’s coached.
-Gives respect to Benin so wants to have good preparations before we play them at home in Afcon qualification.

[/video]
MATCH AGAINST UKRAINE WAS GOOD, AND...

…I know it's one step at a time but the man should know that in the long run, Ukraine is not Nigeria's ultimate objective.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:
maceo4 wrote:-**** praises his teams first half performance, says Ukraine’s second goal shouldn’t have stood.

[/video]

…I know it's one step at a time but the man should know that in the long run, Ukraine is not Nigeria's ultimate objective.
Bell
There is nothing in his interview to suggest he believes so.
And the reference to the "young team" was more about praising their performance and how it indicates a positive sign of things to come.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

[/video]

Bell
And the reference to the "young team" was more about praising their performance and how it indicates a positive sign of things to come.
Damunk,

I wonder if this repeated mention of "young team" does not have a deeper "sinister" ( :dream: ?) meaning. It seems to me that this is beginning to sound as comparison to previous teams used by Nigeria and, perhaps, a reflection of discussions going on behind closed doors. The repeated mention is going beyond what one may ordinarily think of it. It may just be me but the repeated mention is giving me the clue that we should go beyond ordinary meanings and examine the use of those two words a bit deeper.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

[/video]

Bell
Damunk,

I wonder if this repeated mention of "young team" does not have a deeper "sinister" ( :dream: ?) meaning. It seems to me that this is beginning to sound as comparison to previous teams used by Nigeria and, perhaps, a reflection of discussions going on behind closed doors. The repeated mention is going beyond what one may ordinarily think of it. It may just be me but the repeated mention is giving me the clue that we should go beyond ordinary meanings and examine the use of those two words a bit deeper.
The man went to the WC to gain experience.
He went to the AFCON to gain experience.
With this young team, he will keep gaining experience.
He has a young team.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

all of a sudden all**** says is the term young team...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

[/video]

Bell
Damunk,

He has a young team.
Chief, maybe you should ban him from recruiting young 20-yr old players and instead stay with the Ogus, Mikels, Ighalos and ......the Musas. Or just call up some old Hey-yous to make the team older. :)

That way he won't need to lie about "young teams" which can virtually be shipped wholesale into the U23 Olympics, no exceptions.

Again, not wanting to hear anything positive Rohr has to say dey do una.

G. Southgate is always going on about his "youthful'' (England) team and has even said they are on a "learning curve" and the press didn't bite his head off.

But we understand the "emotional'' reaction. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

[/video]

Bell
Damunk,

Prof, What do you think the deeper implications might be?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

[/video]

Bell
Damunk,

He has a young team.
He's not building a team. He's building a tower of excuses.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

It's said that, 'he who pays the piper dictates the tune'.
Those paying Rohr are comfortable with his way of running things.
Meanwhile those who cannot afford to pay, and still owing previous coaches
are busy clamoring for Rohr to be fired so they can bring in their own person.
Money talks louder than emotions.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

niyi wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

[/video]

Bell
Damunk,

He has a young team.
He's not building a team. He's building a tower of excuses.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Not a fan, of .....; but its a step in the right direction. The more the team plays together, the better. The team is not experiencing drastic personnel changes as was in the past.

The man should be made the manager and a proper coach brought in to manage the actual games.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

[/video]
If this was the best half Eagles have ever played and Musa was not there, I wonder what the future holds for Musa in the SE.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

chief nfachairman wrote:

[/video]
If this was the best half Eagles have ever played and Musa was not there, I wonder what the future holds for Musa in the SE.

and the other Musa, aka Moses, did not play in the first half either :P
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

But watch the mugu play Musa and Moses on the wings when the quali starts
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

[/video]

Bell
Damunk,

It's just Rohr preparing his excuses. When we don't qualify or are knocked out it'll be because Nigeria is a "young team". Expect these words to be a running theme while he remains in charge.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

[/video]

Bell
Damunk,

There's one thing everyone keeps neglecting! experience ought to have taught us that it makes sense to always leave room for alternate or connotative interpretations when dealing with people whose first language is not English. so bearing in mind that inherently the German culture doesn't necessary embellish or excuse youthfulness as a passport for irresponsibility and neither does Nigeria it is highly questionable if Rohr is banking on his father figure to try and force a new kind of compassion into our rigid compassion stingy culture. His infactuation with "young team" could be more about shielding the players than using them to shield himself.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."