Africa has a responsibility to black coaches...

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Africa has a responsibility to black coaches...

Post by bushboy »

I was listening to talksport today, and Emile Hesky had a lot to say about the lack of opportunities available to black coaches. He went on to list at least 10 former top black players who have successfully earned their grade A coaching badges for several years only to see the likes of Gerrard and Lampard waltz into good jobs they never had the opportunity to compete for.

It got me thinking. Charity begins at home. I think the time has come for African teams to embrace the black coaches. I think ANY CAF national team who is interested in hiring a foreign coach should give the opportunity first and foremost to a QUALIFIED BLACK man.

I like what Cameroon did with with their Dutch coaching duo. I think it was a step in the righ direction, and it is time for other Africans to follow. Enough of these white journey men who come to Africa for the paycheck.
The likes of Sol Campbell. Andy Cole. Dwight Yorke. Les Ferdinand. JF Hasslebaink. And a host of others are all UEFA badges coaches! Let them all be hired by African teams. I want to one day see all CAF teams headed by a competent, deserving black man. They cannot be worse than the oyinbos brought in from 5th division teams!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Africa has a responsibility to black coaches...

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Now it’s cockney coaches. Btw, Hesky helped England beat up on African teams . Let him find a job in England. You want us cap every player of Nigerian decent in England now you’re yanning dust about Dwight Yorke and Hesky. We have Finidi, Aminike and other black African who have actually served African teams and paid their dues. Gtfoh with this colonial rubbish.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

My post clearly says for teams who are interested in hiring a FOREIGN coach. If they are hiring local coaches, then obviously that is adequate.
I am speaking about BLACK FOREIGNERS as opposed to the usual white old men we tend to hire in Africa.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Now it’s cockney coaches. Btw, Hesky helped England beat up on African teams . Let him find a job in England. You want us cap every player of Nigerian decent in England now you’re yanning dust about Dwight Yorke and Hesky. We have Finidi, Aminike and other black African who have actually served African teams and paid their dues. Gtfoh with this colonial rubbish.
Dwight and Heskey are not even Cockney!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

PERSONALLY, I'M NOT COMFORTABLE SAYING WHITES NEED NOT APPLY

I'd rather keep it simple by saying it's either a Nigerian, regardless of race, or the best foreigner, also regardless of race or nationality.
Bell
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Enough of these Rohr type coaches.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Please leave Rohr out of this discussion. He is our one and only hope titilailai - John12
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Now it’s cockney coaches. Btw, Hesky helped England beat up on African teams . Let him find a job in England. You want us cap every player of Nigerian decent in England now you’re yanning dust about Dwight Yorke and Hesky. We have Finidi, Aminike and other black African who have actually served African teams and paid their dues. Gtfoh with this colonial rubbish.

I don't know but don't you think that the likes of Tammy Abraham would reconsider their decisions when they see maybe Nigeria giving the likes of Heskey/Toure/Yorke a chance as managers....maybe they will think that it makes sense to play for Nigeria/Cameroon because they are gonna give me a fair chance at management/coaching than England?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

bk-one wrote:

I don't know but don't you think that the likes of Tammy Abraham would reconsider their decisions when they see maybe Nigeria giving the likes of Heskey/Toure/Yorke a chance as managers....maybe they will think that it makes sense to play for Nigeria/Cameroon because they are gonna give me a fair chance at management/coaching than England?
:agree:
I have nothing to base it but I also feel these black coaches would actually have some sort of emotional connection to the team
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I just think it's highly hypocritical for us to sit and complain about a lack of opportunity for black coaches abd then as soon as there is a vacancy on ANY African national team, the same old recycled white men get the call.

There are a bunch of highly successful retired black soccer players who have played at the very highest levels of world football AND have also secured their full coaching badges. Why on earth should they not get an opportunity on a continent of their own kind? It seems like a no brainer to me.
Who will be next?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And sans experience, should said black coaches be cast into the deep end? What has Nigeria, for instance, done to heighten the allure and appeal of its domestic game, which could serve as the springboard for coaches with aspirations to commandeer the national team? The Chinese super league is attracting the likes of Ighalo and John Obi, Aluko and Anichibe, why aren’t former internationals heading back to Nigeria for their twilight years?

Brethren, if anyone believes simply having a big Emile Heskey in the dugout will sway the dual nationality decision in our favour, they’re gravely mistaken. For as long as Nigeria continues to boast a national league inferior in all administrative and infrastructural aspects to League 1, it has no chance of being considered a viable option by any well-meaning candidate.

How many stadiums in Nigeria can stand up against that of AFC Fylde, 21st in the National Conference league? Simply put, Nigeria are the senator’s ugly daughter, it’s all about the money.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

bushboy wrote:I was listening to talksport today, and Emile Hesky had a lot to say about the lack of opportunities available to black coaches. He went on to list at least 10 former top black players who have successfully earned their grade A coaching badges for several years only to see the likes of Gerrard and Lampard waltz into good jobs they never had the opportunity to compete for.

It got me thinking. Charity begins at home. I think the time has come for African teams to embrace the black coaches. I think ANY CAF national team who is interested in hiring a foreign coach should give the opportunity first and foremost to a QUALIFIED BLACK man.

I like what Cameroon did with with their Dutch coaching duo. I think it was a step in the righ direction, and it is time for other Africans to follow. Enough of these white journey men who come to Africa for the paycheck.
The likes of Sol Campbell. Andy Cole. Dwight Yorke. Les Ferdinand. JF Hasslebaink. And a host of others are all UEFA badges coaches! Let them all be hired by African teams. I want to one day see all CAF teams headed by a competent, deserving black man. They cannot be worse than the oyinbos brought in from 5th division teams!
It starts with ownership.

When you look at many boardrooms, how many people of color do you see?

And even us natives believe that White (oyibo) is better.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The domestic league has zero presence on the global scale and has no desire to be any more than a busker at the big dance. Again, look at AFC Fylde, the infrastructure and then look at what Nigeria are shamelessly calling “football stadiums”. Pathetic.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

bushboy wrote:I was listening to talksport today, and Emile Hesky had a lot to say about the lack of opportunities available to black coaches. He went on to list at least 10 former top black players who have successfully earned their grade A coaching badges for several years only to see the likes of Gerrard and Lampard waltz into good jobs they never had the opportunity to compete for.

Maybe Africa needs to start hiring these ex-black English internationals! instead of these journey men who come to pick up cheap pension
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nope. Simply hiring black faces will change nothing, unless they come with the necessary reverse transcriptase and ribosomes, to uncoil the double helix and rebuild it new, nothing changes. The revolution needed within the field of football is no different to that necessary in fields of Nigeria’s existence. From grassroots all the way to the okosisis mashing millions into swallow, change is imperative. The answer is not a couple Heskeys, for the problem is far deeper.