Tammy Abraham indirectly courting the SE?!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tammy Abraham indirectly courting the SE?!

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Thank you, these guys are trying to rewrite history like Iwobi and Moses were being heavily courted by England and yet chose Nigeria. Extremely unlikely, as over-protective as Iwobi's parents are over him you don't think they would have preferred the safer, more lucrative option, than an FA that will be owing its players with one logistical issue after another? These guys are simply fooling themselves, its simply when a player feels their chances of being selected by England are slim that they come over.
Actually, you might be totally wrong on that one.
You might be speaking for yourself but there is more to it for a parent than choosing the 'safer' option wrt national teams.
Its a sentimental issue above everything else. Once your child's financial future is secured at the club level (in ways which as a parent you could never even dream of), the rest is about the heart.
I am yet to meet a father of a young Nigerian player here in the UK that doesn't want his kid to play for Nigeria. I've met Chuks Aneke's father. I've spoken to Iwobi's father and I've seen Aina's father on video talking emotionally about the day he will see his son play for Nigeria - which as we know eventually happened.
My own nephew who was on the books of Crystal Palace and later courted by Spurs as a 15 year old was constantly bombarded by myself and his father about his future national allegiance ever since he was recruited at 8yrs old - until he suddenly called it quits at 15. It broke his dad's heart, but how for do?

This is why Dominic Iorfa's active discouragement of his son's Nigerian football heritage was so baffling. But see them now, offering themselves up for SE consideration.
Could be wrong, but also not a single one of those players you mentioned had a real shot of playing for England else they would have knocked sense into the parents about the various benefits of choosing 3Lions, logic at some point would prevail. Aside from the sentimental aspect there is not a real reason to choose Nigeria. Once 3Lions start courting you, your parents would be in the way of your greatness by suggesting going with the much lesser country.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Thank you, these guys are trying to rewrite history like Iwobi and Moses were being heavily courted by England and yet chose Nigeria. Extremely unlikely, as over-protective as Iwobi's parents are over him you don't think they would have preferred the safer, more lucrative option, than an FA that will be owing its players with one logistical issue after another? These guys are simply fooling themselves, its simply when a player feels their chances of being selected by England are slim that they come over.
You might be speaking for yourself but there is more to it for a parent than choosing the 'safer' option wrt national teams.
Its a sentimental issue above everything else. Once your child's financial future is secured at the club level (in ways which as a parent you could never even dream of), the rest is about the heart.
I am yet to meet a father of a young Nigerian player here in the UK that doesn't want his kid to play for Nigeria. I've met Chuks Aneke's father. I've spoken to Iwobi's father and I've seen Aina's father on video talking emotionally about the day he will see his son play for Nigeria - which as we know eventually happened.
My own nephew who was on the books of Crystal Palace and later courted by Spurs as a 15 year old was constantly bombarded by myself and his father about his future national allegiance ever since he was recruited at 8yrs old - until he suddenly called it quits at 15. It broke his dad's heart, but how for do?

This is why Dominic Iorfa's active discouragement of his son's Nigerian football heritage was so baffling. But see them now, offering themselves up for SE consideration.
Could be wrong, but also not a single one of those players you mentioned had a real shot of playing for England else they would have knocked sense into the parents about the various benefits of choosing 3Lions, logic at some point would prevail. Aside from the sentimental aspect there is not a real reason to choose Nigeria. Once 3Lions start courting you, your parents would be in the way of your greatness by suggesting going with the much lesser country.
You may be right but my point refers to your comment about parents, not about the players.
Parental influence can only go so far and they can't force anything, but I have no doubt that the greater percentage of Nigerian parents here in the UK would be sentimental about it and want their kids to play for Nigeria.
I suspect the US is different for a number of reasons, but here in the UK the Nigerian identity is quite strong, probably stronger than it has ever been.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

You may be right but my point refers to your comment about parents, not about the players.
Parental influence can only go so far and they can't force anything, but I have no doubt that the greater percentage of Nigerian parents here in the UK would be sentimental about it and want their kids to play for Nigeria.
I suspect the US is different for a number of reasons, but here in the UK the Nigerian identity is quite strong, probably stronger than it has ever been.
That is true but Abrahamar is made his decision so lets wish him good luck and move on!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

they willl cap him against Bulgaria.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -chelseas/
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Sir V wrote:
oloye wrote:I hear bobo don rule out Naija for England again. Scoring 4 goals in two matches can make you become the bride England wanted again. And the attention of England can make a diva bride swoon and change his fickle affection.
I missed Tammy papa for Kings last Saturday, I would have asked him if Tammy will play for Naija.
Lol! save your breath - England got him. However I think the way he conducted the whole affair is distinctly distasteful. I would have more respect for him if he made it clear from the outset he had England as his sole target and not waste NFA's time. Silly boy! I wish him more success though.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Some sausage seem to get off on one by calling for me to comment on some Italian d1ck head's comment on Lukaku.
I even refuse to enter that thread on a matter of principle. I comment when I want to comment.

So I feel like commenting now.

Here's the same sausage's comment when Tammy Abraham, a black man, a Nigerian by origin was racially abused

Sausage, you have no moral authority to call anyone out

to me Abraham isn't good enough for the SE and I hope we reject him , however he made his bed..now he is being racially abused. He should think twice when he picks a national team to play for.... However i have no care for bobo's choice, but left to me he isn't a top footballer and has no potentials to get better..the racist insults are horrible...this tammy was busy choosing England eh...smh
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pajimoh wrote:Some sausage seem to get off on one by calling for me to comment on some Italian d1ck head's comment on Lukaku.
I even refuse to enter that thread on a matter of principle. I comment when I want to comment.

So I feel like commenting now.

Here's the same sausage's comment when Tammy Abraham, a black man, a Nigerian by origin was racially abused

Sausage, you have no moral authority to call anyone out

to me Abraham isn't good enough for the SE and I hope we reject him , however he made his bed..now he is being racially abused. He should think twice when he picks a national team to play for.... However i have no care for bobo's choice, but left to me he isn't a top footballer and has no potentials to get better..the racist insults are horrible...this tammy was busy choosing England eh...smh
2 huge different issues here... did you enter the thread yes or no, however you failed to make a comment because you see nothing wrong with Africans/Black players being racially abused.... you even posted that some of the abuses aren't racist and that just maybe the players brought such on themselves...

Now Tammy played vs a continental European team and was exposed... you people are here shouting the guy is good, 4 goals against Chelsea this season were all errors from tammy.... what sort of man is called tammy anyways? that's the name of a woman..

I repeat we do not need that guy and most of his goals were pure luck, Pool is next , this guy will go missing again.

focus and learn to dissect your points critically
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
I repeat we do not need that guy and most of his goals were pure luck, Pool is next , this guy will go missing again.

Without meaning to get personal, when are you going to have that same kind of luck in your life BigPokey?

As Damunk (I think) inferred some time ago in this thread, the guy is young and has potential to improve. How many players on this planet have and will do well against a very well set out team like Liverpool?

We get it, you don't like him, 'Tamaraebi' Bakumo-Abraham will continue to live his life to the fullest while you are here besmirching him and battling all and sundry over him.

E don do abeg BigPokey, not everything you strain your sinews over.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Aswani wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Without meaning to get personal, when are you going to have that same kind of luck in your life BigPokey?

As Damunk (I think) inferred some time ago in this thread, the guy is young and has potential to improve. How many players on this planet have and will do well against a very well set out team like Liverpool?

We get it, you don't like him, 'Tamaraebi' Bakumo-Abraham will continue to live his life to the fullest while you are here besmirching him and battling all and sundry over him.

E don do abeg BigPokey, not everything you strain your sinews over.
So you know my life? Abi you've seen me play football? Wetin concern me with that trash tammy's life? This your man crush for tammy get as e be....get a hold of yourself.....deal with it tammy is a stop gap and will be shipped out once the transfer ban is over....he can meet his level in the championship..scoring against promoted teams is no feat
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jette1 wrote:what a stupid thread; so because he displayed a Nigerian flag? did he tell you guys he didn't know he was Nigerian before and so did Jordan aka eyeb. one can play for another nation and still recognize their nigerianness.
:atc: even tomori has Nigeria, England and Canada's flags on his IG...we didn't get a story from the junk journalist from the vanguard....smh
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
jette1 wrote:what a stupid thread; so because he displayed a Nigerian flag? did he tell you guys he didn't know he was Nigerian before and so did Jordan aka eyeb. one can play for another nation and still recognize their nigerianness.
Kpom..... :agree: even tomori has Nigeria, England and Canada's flags on his IG...we didn't get a story from the junk journalist from the vanguard....smh
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This thing nor go easy.
TV and radio discussions everywhere about "raw English talent" and "future Egland players" and 'young talented Engish players".
Names frequently thrown up include Tammy Abraham, Fikayo Tomori, Callum Hudson-Odoi all Chelsea players
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote:This thing nor go easy.
TV and radio discussions everywhere about "raw English talent" and "future Egland players" and 'young talented Engish players".
Names frequently thrown up include Tammy Abraham, Fikayo Tomori, Callum Hudson-Odoi all Chelsea players
It's only going to get worse. I think we are at the start, of an explosion of young Nigerian talent dominating the English footballing landscape, what the Dutch territories were for Oranje and the African was for France is going to be Nigeria for England. We will benefit from this but marginally, it always would be hard to convince a kid to play for the worse off national team.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kalani JR wrote:
It's only going to get worse. I think we are at the start, of an explosion of young Nigerian talent dominating the English footballing landscape, what the Dutch territories were for Oranje and the African was for France is going to be Nigeria for England. We will benefit from this but marginally, it always would be hard to convince a kid to play for the worse off national team.
Spot on.
Our own 'tug-of-war' might be more high profile because Nigeria has a much higher footballing pedigree than most if not all of the French colonies for France or the Dutch colonies for Holland.

Like it or not, Nigeria has a presence and is the dominant African culture esp in recent times and even more so in the UK. So unless we tone down our 'inheritance' (like some are suggesting we should), the battle for talent will be increasingly hostile. The British press will pump up the volume for various reasons and Nigeria being Nigerians will not stay quiet either.

All this will bring the realities for the players into sharp focus. Ultimately we'll win some of them and lose some.
If, as is possible, the SE are able to start making a REAL impact on the world stage, then it will no longer be a straightforward 'England first, Nigeria second' choice.

That's my prediction sha.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Yeah Probably :sad:

I laughed at this comment :lol: :lol:
Southgate is determined not to be railroaded into handing Abraham a recall because of Nigeria's interest in the striker and will only select the youngster if he feels it's warranted.
Bottom line is if they miss out on Tammy and he ends up tearing up the EPL and Kane gets injured or loses form and England gets dumped out of a tornament the press will NEVER EVER forgive Southgate and he will be hounded out of his job and may never work in England again.

He (and the FA) simply cant take that chance so he will be capped ASAP.

It wont be the best choice in my opinion as Kane has at least another 5 years playing for England barring injury so he wont get many chances. Also i am unsure if he will be able to handle the HUGE pressure that will be thrust upon him if Kane is injured and England turn to him to lead their attack. Imagine him missing a crucial chance or penalty that knocks ENgland out in a World cup knockout game? The abuse he received for his penalty miss for Chelsea will be small potatoes compared to what he will be faced with.

I am sure his advisers will highlight this all for him anyway so best luck to the lad what ever choice he makes.
YNWA
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this damunk is all over the place. Tammy is not a Nigerian International... he isn't and will not play for our SE... why do you keep on forcing this pathetic player on us?
SuperEagles

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

kalani JR wrote:

1st of all Dude Nigeria is not Surinam, Guadaloupe , Mali, Guinea or some other colonial outpost. We will take back some of those English Naija players. We are to England what Algeria and Senegal is to France. They have lost a lot of talent to France, but they are getting talented players to dump France for them eg, Mahrez, Koulibaly etc The English know this that is why they are panicking. 2ndly, do you think those racist English will tolerate the England NT filled with 90% black players talkless of black players with names like Saka, Eze, Tomori, OVie, Okonkwo, Lookman, Balogun etc? No they wont. John12(I cant belive I am agreeing with that angel*) is right, these boys need us more than we need them. I think looking forward, we will lose Abraham and maybe Tomori, but we will gain the likes of Okonkwo, Eze, Ovie, Lookman and Saka. As time goes on, we will gain even more English Naija boys.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

1st of all Dude Nigeria is not Surinam, Guadaloupe , Mali, Guinea or some other colonial outpost. We will take back some of those English Naija players. We are to England what Algeria and Senegal is to France. They have lost a lot of talent to France, but they are getting talented players to dump France for them eg, Mahrez, Koulibaly etc The English know this that is why they are panicking. 2ndly, do you think those racist English will tolerate the England NT filled with 90% black players talkless of black players with names like Saka, Eze, Tomori, OVie, Okonkwo, Lookman, Balogun etc? No they wont. John12(I cant belive I am agreeing with that angel*) is right, these boys need us more than we need them. I think looking forward, we will lose Abraham and maybe Tomori, but we will gain the likes of Okonkwo, Eze, Ovie, Lookman and Saka. As time goes on, we will gain even more English Naija boys.
Mahrez, Koulibaly and those guys play for the African countries because they were late bloomers. Do you honestly think that had they had been higher profile young players they would not be singing "La Marseillaise" every FIFA break? Unless you're Brazil or Argentina more often than not you will play for the UEFA country, they will guarantee it.

The "Three Lions" whether the fans like it or not are getting more black or "diverse", the outfield starting lineup is now almost always guaranteed to have their players be of black ancestry.

Finally do you think England is more racist than France or the Netherlands or is it just when they say their racist words you actually understand them?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Mahrez, Koulibaly and those guys play for the African countries because they were late bloomers. Do you honestly think that had they had been higher profile young players they would not be singing "La Marseillaise" every FIFA break? Unless you're Brazil or Argentina more often than not you will play for the UEFA country, they will guarantee it.

The "Three Lions" whether the fans like it or not are getting more black or "diverse", the outfield starting lineup is now almost always guaranteed to have their players be of black ancestry.

Finally do you think England is more racist than France or the Netherlands or is it just when they say their racist words you actually understand them?

1) Kulibaly was not a late bloomer. Dude played for France youth teams. He was smart enough to dump France for Senegal. 2) England NT is not getting "blacker" Aside from Sterling and Sancho, name a black player starting for England? Their NT is lilly white. France team has more black players but France NT has always been made up of mostly Immigrants. Not the same with England 3) these EURO countries are all racists but some don't mind seeing their sports teams represented by black players like France and Holland. England and the rest of them do. English fans will not tolerate an English NT with majority black faces especialy black faces whose last names they cannot pronounce. Like I said, we will lose some but we will gain some as well. All these English Naija boys popping up will not play for England Some will have to give Pinnick a call.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

1) Kulibaly was not a late bloomer. Dude played for France youth teams. He was smart enough to dump France for Senegal. 2) England NT is not getting "blacker" Aside from Sterling and Sancho, name a black player starting for England? Their NT is lilly white. France team has more black players but France NT has always been made up of mostly Immigrants. Not the same with England 3) these EURO countries are all racists but some don't mind seeing their sports teams represented by black players like France and Holland. England and the rest of them do. English fans will not tolerate an English NT with majority black faces especialy black faces whose last names they cannot pronounce. Like I said, we will lose some but we will gain some as well. All these English Naija boys popping up will not play for England Some will have to give Pinnick a call.
Koulibaly played for Senegal because France didn't call him.

Trent, Danny Rose, Trippier, Rashford.

Sure.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Trent Arnold, Rose, and Rashford seldom start for England. Tripper is not Black but keep grasping to straws tho. Also notice their last names sounds very "English" unlike the likes of Tomori, Saka and Eze and Okonkwo.

heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

bret- hart wrote:Trent Arnold, Rose, and Rashford seldom start for England. Tripper is not Black but keep grasping to straws tho. Also notice their last names sounds very "English" unlike the likes of Tomori, Saka and Eze and Okonkwo.
You obvioulsly dont know anything about the England team. Who plays left back for England??

First it was Black players will not play now its Black players with Non English sounding names... its you grasping straws mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way add Gomez, Oxlaide-Chamberlain and Callum Wilson to the list...
YNWA