Brazil names Neymar, Firmino etc vs Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Brazil names Neymar, Firmino etc vs Nigeria

Post by naijaguy »

Brazil national team coach Tite has announced a 23-man roster for the upcoming games against West African giants Senegal and Nigeria on October 10 and October 13 respectively.

An analysis of the squad list revealed that three goalkeepers, eight defenders, six midfielders and six attackers are in contention to face the Super Eagles at the National Stadium in Singapore.

PSG's Neymar, Liverpool's Roberto Firmino and Barcelona loanee Philippe Coutinho are three of the top stars named in the squad.

Super Eagles winger Alex Iwobi could face his teammate at Everton Richarlison as he is among the strikers listed.

The other Premier League players summoned for the games are Ederson (Manchester City), Fabinho (Liverpool) and Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City).

Brazil Roster For Senegal, Nigeria Friendlies

Goalkeepers (3) : Ederson (Manchester City), Santos (Athletico-PR), Weverton (Palmeiras)

Defenders (8) : Eder Militão (Real Madrid), Marquinhos (PSG), Rodrigo Caio (Flamengo), Thiago Silva (PSG), Alex Sandro (Juventus), Daniel Alves (São Paulo), Danilo (Juventus), Renan Lodi (Atlético de Madrid)

Midfielders (6) : Arthur (Barcelona), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fabinho (Liverpool), Lucas Paquetá (Milan), Matheus Henrique (Grêmio), Philippe Coutinho (Bayern)

Strikers (6): Everton (Grêmio), Gabigol (Flamengo), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Neymar (PSG), Richarlison (Everton), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool
Source: Allnigeriasoccer.com
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Brazil names Neymar, Firmino etc vs Nigeria

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

This has to be their premier squad. Rohr better bring it :!:

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:scared: :scared: :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote::scared: :scared: :scared:
:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Time don reach wey one African team suppose waz the full Brazilian NT. Either Senegal or Naija must come correct next month. :curse:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

It's not a World Cup Semi Final so I'm not expecting stage fright Nigeria should go for it with no pressure as for Senegal they look better when it's not an important game!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

They'll probably use some of the stars for Senegal and try the rest vs Naija. But I like the fact that each segment of the team has at least one player listed, they really support their local league even though they have a battalion of players abroad they don't have to call local ones.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

naijaguy wrote:Brazil national team coach Tite has announced a 23-man roster for the upcoming games against West African giants Senegal and Nigeria on October 10 and October 13 respectively.

An analysis of the squad list revealed that three goalkeepers, eight defenders, six midfielders and six attackers are in contention to face the Super Eagles at the National Stadium in Singapore.

PSG's Neymar, Liverpool's Roberto Firmino and Barcelona loanee Philippe Coutinho are three of the top stars named in the squad.

Super Eagles winger Alex Iwobi could face his teammate at Everton Richarlison as he is among the strikers listed.

The other Premier League players summoned for the games are Ederson (Manchester City), Fabinho (Liverpool) and Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City).

Brazil Roster For Senegal, Nigeria Friendlies

Goalkeepers (3) : Ederson (Manchester City), Santos (Athletico-PR), Weverton (Palmeiras)

Defenders (8) : Eder Militão (Real Madrid), Marquinhos (PSG), Rodrigo Caio (Flamengo), Thiago Silva (PSG), Alex Sandro (Juventus), Daniel Alves (São Paulo), Danilo (Juventus), Renan Lodi (Atlético de Madrid)

Midfielders (6) : Arthur (Barcelona), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fabinho (Liverpool), Lucas Paquetá (Milan), Matheus Henrique (Grêmio), Philippe Coutinho (Bayern)

Strikers (6): Everton (Grêmio), Gabigol (Flamengo), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Neymar (PSG), Richarlison (Everton), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool
Source: Allnigeriasoccer.com

sauce? :D
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Are they trying to lose?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

This one is serious oh! Kongi is not even shaking. This one pass shaking abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

You can only get better if you play the best. Good test for Nigeria. The goods news is it is just a friendly.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:They'll probably use some of the stars for Senegal and try the rest vs Naija. But I like the fact that each segment of the team has at least one player listed, they really support their local league even though they have a battalion of players abroad they don't have to call local ones.
em they've won more world cups with local players, go check out the 2002 WC squad ....their League is one of the top leagues in world football....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

To me Brazil lives from their past glories.
They might have won the cup in South America but they are not the power house anymore people want us to believe.
Where are their superstars except from Neymar the diva who wastes his talent in frustration?
There were times when Brazil were loaded with superstars - these times are long gone.
I know that a team is more than their individual talent but Brazil is one of these teams that was loaded with super stars in their word cup winning squads.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

metalalloy wrote:Time don reach wey one African team suppose waz the full Brazilian NT. Either Senegal or Naija must come correct next month. :curse:
metalalloy,

Cameroon did that already at the Confederations Cup the year Marc Vivien Foe died.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...with Neymar we will be seeing rolling on the grass for a long time.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Why are you scared, bro? Relax, it's going to be 11 players vs 11 players. Thus, ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:They'll probably use some of the stars for Senegal and try the rest vs Naija. But I like the fact that each segment of the team has at least one player listed, they really support their local league even though they have a battalion of players abroad they don't have to call local ones.
em they've won more world cups with local players, go check out the 2002 WC squad ....their League is one of the top leagues in world football....
Thats my point now, they can name a team full of only foreign based Brazilians at anytime if they wanted, but they always make sure they include home based, that is something we need to build towards to actually be a top team in world footie we can't forgo our local league for foreign left-overs...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

DAgrin wrote:To me Brazil lives from their past glories.
They might have won the cup in South America but they are not the power house anymore people want us to believe.
Where are their superstars except from Neymar the diva who wastes his talent in frustration?
There were times when Brazil were loaded with superstars - these times are long gone.
I know that a team is more than their individual talent but Brazil is one of these teams that was loaded with super stars in their word cup winning squads.
They just won Copa America without Neymar though. They may not have stars of yester years but are still very strong.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Time don reach wey one African team suppose waz the full Brazilian NT. Either Senegal or Naija must come correct next month. :curse:
metalalloy,

Cameroon did that already at the Confederations Cup the year Marc Vivien Foe died.

OH yea i remember that with etoo scoring a ridiculous volley. Been a minute though

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

metalalloy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
metalalloy,

OH yea i remember that with etoo scoring a ridiculous volley. Been a minute though
So if we HAVE to sacrifice a player who will you choose?

I'm just speaking hypothetically our words obviously won't have any bearing.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kalani JR wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
metalalloy,

So if we HAVE to sacrifice a player who will you choose?

I'm just speaking hypothetically our words obviously won't have any bearing.

Sacrifice? i offer you... hypothetically of course.

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

For real.

Wha choo looking at?!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
For real.
so for real is as excited as you get? im not surprise expectations and standards are at all time low thanks to Rohr
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."