Bernardo Silva tweet condemned by Kick It Out

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Bernardo Silva tweet condemned by Kick It Out

Post by Bigpokey24 »

another racist tweet by another naive football, I can bet my bottom $$$ , Pajimoh will turn a blind eye to this...we know he isn't a fan of the African/black struggle towards discrimination
Kick It Out has condemned a tweet sent by Bernardo Silva to Manchester City team-mate Benjamin Mendy, calling for retrospective action to be taken against the Portugal international.

Bernardo Silva tweeted a photo of Mendy as a child alongside a dated image from Spanish confectionary 'Conguitos' that has been criticised for its racist connotations, with the caption: "Guess who?".

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bernardo-s ... 42640.html
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bernardo Silva tweet condemned by Kick It Out

Post by danfo driver »

That one spends 1 year and half with Guardiola and he has picked up racism. Before he met Guardiola, not once did he make any racist post. Smh.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

it is shocking i tell you
SuperEagles

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I hear both of them have been friends for a long time, even he did not find the post offensive, these days, one has to be careful about what they post in a public space
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote:I hear both of them have been friends for a long time, even he did not find the post offensive, these days, one has to be careful about what they post in a public space
it's racist, there is no excuse for such, he could have sent a private text to his friend.. he wanted some attention, so he posted it on the social media, so he could get likes.
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

It's funny how different the views on race differ from Anglophone countries to the rest of the world.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What the racist posted was horrible, he posted a picture of Mendy and a caricature character with huge red lips
SuperEagles

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

For those who don't know the meaning and implications of what was said or implied. just google it. It get's far worse than the above depiction. it actually depicts blacks in thatched houses and grass skirts.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

[/video]
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Thread only has 9 posts because this implicates their Massa. Disgraceful! The hatred many CE members have for blacks and Africans is shocking to say the least. This was the same reason, Gareth Bales thread went to 10 pages in 1 hour and Lukaku's thread could not even pass 1 page in 3 days.

If Mendy had insulted Guardiola or Bernardo Silva now, this thread would have reached 10 pages. There'd have been a collection of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth across this forum. But alas, its Massa humiliating a worthless black, so no one cares.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

one has to be careful how they use social media, Bernardo Silva was naive to post that in a public space, a text message would have just been fine especially if they have been friends for ages
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote:one has to be careful how they use social media, Bernardo Silva was naive to post that in a public space, a text message would have just been fine especially if they have been friends for ages
So your friends of other races are allowed to joke with sensitive racial jokes? Silva knew what he was doing...I repeat he knew it was wrong and decided to get more likes on the social media
SuperEagles

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
marko wrote:one has to be careful how they use social media, Bernardo Silva was naive to post that in a public space, a text message would have just been fine especially if they have been friends for ages
So your friends of other races are allowed to joke with sensitive racial jokes? Silva knew what he was doing...I repeat he knew it was wrong and decided to get more likes on the social media
well it is odd to be honest! my friends will never send me stuff like that especially if they are a different colour but who knows what type of friendship they both have? insensitive to put stuff out like this, bit embarrassing if you ask me

Marko
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Bigpokey24 wrote:What the racist posted was horrible, he posted a picture of Mendy and a caricature character with huge red lips
I don’t think Bernardo is racist, that tweet was stupid though. If it’s a joke between friends then why make it public?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:What the racist posted was horrible, he posted a picture of Mendy and a caricature character with huge red lips
I don’t think Bernardo is racist, that tweet was stupid though. If it’s a joke between friends then why make it public?
Someone posted a racist joke and you say you don't think they are racist.... really?
SuperEagles

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Someone posted a racist joke and you say you don't think they are racist.... really?
those guys have been friends since their days at Monaco, i dont know type of friendship they have, racist? only Mendy cant make that judgement, stupid to post that on public space? yes indeed

Marko
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

marko wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
those guys have been friends since their days at Monaco, i dont know type of friendship they have, racist? only Mendy cant make that judgement, stupid to post that on public space? yes indeed
Indeed. I have friends who are chinese, black, white, indian etc and sometimes we joke about these things. Sometimes they tease me and i tease them too, no hard feelings and all because i know them and they know me, i know they are not racists and they know i am not. Now if we post what we say online. Ahhhh, nah wahala oh, people will call us racists from hell.

Do i know if he is racist or not? No, i don't know him personally but it was a foolish thing to post it online. In this day and age, not a wise decision at all.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

peron33uk wrote:
marko wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Indeed. I have friends who are chinese, black, white, indian etc and sometimes we joke about these things. Sometimes they tease me and i tease them too, no hard feelings and all because i know them and they know me, i know they are not racists and they know i am not. Now if we post what we say online. Ahhhh, nah wahala oh, people will call us racists from hell.

Do i know if he is racist or not? No, i don't know him personally but it was a foolish thing to post it online. In this day and age, not a wise decision at all.
exactly! jokes between friends, no matter the nature should not make the public space especially if they are high profile individuals, what if Mendy sends Silva jokes of a race nature without been offensive, please let us not rush to judgement and call someone we hardly know a racist!

Marko
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Okay, Bigpokey24, if you say so.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

peron33uk wrote:
marko wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

Same. In high school, my Indian and Vietnamese friends and I used to joke with each other about things like this all the time. Things we used to say then would never fly in this era.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The racial nature of the post is irrefutable, whether intended as banter or not is irrelevant, the reference is disparaging to a particular group of people. That said, there is need for context, what has gone before this posting, perhaps in the private jabs shared between them? What if Mendy has shared “jokes” mocking or rather slurring Silva’s ethnicity? If this how “friends banter” then ‘tis best reserved for an arena where it is understood and interpreted in said context? Bernardo was foolish to publicise his post and deserves the punishment that comes.

Racism is many limbed and broad spectrum. Overt, covert, implied, deliberate, unintentional and all in between. Regardless of the variety, the common denominator remains the remark and derogation directed at an individual as a consequence of their race and colour. Once upon a time, Mourinho mocked Samuel Eto’o’s age, questioning the validity of his claims, a conclusion hinged entirely on stereotype and bigoted opinion of black Africa. How many times were the ages of Ricardo Carvalho and Arjen Robben questioned, despite both resembling Benjamin Button in their “20s” apparently. Rather than condemn the accusation, the good folk of Black Africa danced. Wonderful.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
well it is odd to be honest! my friends will never send me stuff like that especially if they are a different colour but who knows what type of friendship they both have? insensitive to put stuff out like this, bit embarrassing if you ask me
Personally i have non black friends and especially good workmates who tend to get too excited and occasionally try these kind of jokes, i put an end to that at once, it shall never happen again, only because i think i could end up being a jester, their 'good' black guy.
They could get too excited and make such jokes in front of strangers or something, it can get awkward.

So i decided i don't even want to know if they are racist or not, it just doesn't happen full stop.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Coach wrote:The racial nature of the post is irrefutable, whether intended as banter or not is irrelevant, the reference is disparaging to a particular group of people. That said, there is need for context, what has gone before this posting, perhaps in the private jabs shared between them? What if Mendy has shared “jokes” mocking or rather slurring Silva’s ethnicity? If this how “friends banter” then ‘tis best reserved for an arena where it is understood and interpreted in said context? Bernardo was foolish to publicise his post and deserves the punishment that comes.

Racism is many limbed and broad spectrum. Overt, covert, implied, deliberate, unintentional and all in between. Regardless of the variety, the common denominator remains the remark and derogation directed at an individual as a consequence of their race and colour. Once upon a time, Mourinho mocked Samuel Eto’o’s age, questioning the validity of his claims, a conclusion hinged entirely on stereotype and bigoted opinion of black Africa. How many times were the ages of Ricardo Carvalho and Arjen Robben questioned, despite both resembling Benjamin Button in their “20s” apparently. Rather than condemn the accusation, the good folk of Black Africa danced. Wonderful.
are we talking about age cheats or the joke intending for personal consumption? Bernardo will likely get fined by the FA, they will be keen to use him an example, i think its dangerous to accuse people of being racist when we dont know them personally, back in the days, what could pass as banter between friends is seen as politically incorrect these days, something i stress Bernardo should have been aware of, stupid yes, naive yes, Racist? sorry i cannot answer that question

Marko