ARIBO INJURED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
ARIBO INJURED

Post by Gotti »

Tuned into the Rangers vs Livingston game only to learn that Joe Aribo was substituted in the first-half with a “nasty-looking” head injury that apparently required stitches on the field, although (crucially) HE WAS ABLE TO WALK OUT OF THE FIELD UNDER HIS OWN POWER, so hopefully it’s just a bad cut.

Speedy recovery Joe! :thumb:
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ARIBO INJURED

Post by Gotti »

Picture credit from the Scottish Daily Record...
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... s-20191275

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:Tuned into the Rangers vs Livingston game only to learn that Joe Aribo was substituted in the first-half with a “nasty-looking” head injury that apparently required stitches on the field, although (crucially) HE WAS ABLE TO WALK OUT OF THE FIELD UNDER HIS OWN POWER, so hopefully it’s just a bad cut.

Speedy recovery Joe! :thumb:
>
Head injury is kind of like an all-or-nothing injury. Like you said, he walked off the field with a nasty cut. So it should be fully healed in the next week to 10 days.
Taking him off was probably just a precaution.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

get well Joe
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

:shock: |Dr. did you study the pic? He is dripping like a tap :shock:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The wicked shall never cease btobdo evil. Dem don wound the boy already! :shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

From the report below, he had 20 stitches. However, he could still make the Brazil friendly as Gerrard notes he'll be out for "a short while". Speedy recovery, Joe. See you in Singapore.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football ... -1-5011625
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

No Kain.
Taribo West played WC 02 against Argentina with head cut and bandage!

We need warriors
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

DIMKA76 wrote::shock: |Dr. did you study the pic? He is dripping like a tap :shock:
Head injuries tend to bleed like that as 20 percent of the blood flowing from your heart goes to the head area with tremendous pressure!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote::shock: |Dr. did you study the pic? He is dripping like a tap :shock:
Yeah, blood scares everyone. :D
But its just an indication of the severity of the skin cut, remedied by stitching.
Forget the blood.
Its the skull and its contents (brain) that is always the real worry. No loss of consciousness is always a great sign in any head injury.
Unless that blood was coming from his ear, (or nose/mouth) I'd not worry too much.
They'll scan and then monitor him for a few hours regardless.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Joe Aribo injury latest as Rangers boss Steven Gerrard reveals gruesome extent of star's head knock
The midfielder was forced off during Rangers' Betfred Cup victory over Livingston after a collision with Rickie Lamie.
Steven Gerrard fears Joe Aribo won't feature again before the international break as he detailed the gruesome extent of the midfielder's head injury.

The Rangers star required twenty stitches on a wound Gerrard revealed was cut all the way to the bone during Wednesday night's 1-0 win over Livingston.

Aribo was forced off after just 22 minutes as Rangers reached the Betfred Cup semi-final, albeit at a cost after Livi's Rickie Lamie clattered into him. He was left with blood pouring from his head and Rangers took no chances in withdrawing him immediately.

Gerrard confirmed the 22-year-old will miss the visit of Aberdeen on Saturday at the very least as the club await a doctor's verdict on when he'll be clear to return.
"I spoke to Joe this morning, he is pretty sore and shocked but he is OK," Gerrard said.

"After getting 20 stitches in his head he is OK, the doctors did a fantastic job on him as he was cut all the way to the bone.
"The doctor will decide in the coming days when he will back.
"He will definitely miss the game at the weekend and potentially the next few after this.
"I don't think the player has gone in to intentionally hurt him but that in my book is serious dangerous play and in any other league it is a red card."
Gerrard was left furious on Wednesday night but has turned attention to his players following a gruelling battle at the Tony Macaroni Arena.

He added: "Livingston are very direct and physical, they pushed us hard in the second half but I am proud of the lads that they stood together and stood up to it.

"Sometimes you have to stand up as men and it was a fantastic result for us."

Earlier this week, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp revealed he sees Gerrard as the heir-apparent to his Liverpool throne, backing the former Anfield captain to take over from him.

Gerrard admits he was "surprised and flattered" to the Champions League-winning gaffer back him for the top job on Merseryside, but expects and hopes Klopp to be in position or many years to come.

"I was surprised and flattered at the same time," Gerrard said when asked about Klopp's comments. "But when you read the quote really carefully, like I have, it said, 'if I get sacked tomorrow' he thinks Steven Gerrard should be the next Liverpool manager.

"Jurgen Klopp's not getting sacked tomorrow. I don't want him to get sacked tomorrow. He's doing a fantastic job."
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... s-20234787
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damn! Get well Joe
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

That was in the World cup. This is a meaningless friendly.
Cmoke wrote:No Kain.
Taribo West played WC 02 against Argentina with head cut and bandage!

We need warriors
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Major blow: Rangers ace with 16 appearances this season set for extended absence – Ibrox Sources
Date: 1st October 2019 at 5:20pm
Written by: Wayne Veysey

Joe Aribo is set to be sidelined until the end of October in a major blow to Rangers, Football Insider understands.

The versatile midfielder, 23, suffered a head injury in the Light Blues’ League Cup win over Livingston last Wednesday that kept him out of the weekend mauling of Aberdeen.

Ibrox sources have told Football Insider that Aribo is now expected to miss the mouthwatering Europa League tie away to Young Boys on Thursday night and Sunday’s home SPL clash against Hamilton.

The earliest Steven Gerrard can hope to call upon the summer signing is the trip to Hearts on 20 October.

But even that is not guaranteed as Aribo recovers from a sickening injury that Gerrard claimed last week “cut all the way to the bone”.

He is also set to miss out on playing for Nigeria against Brazil in Singapore on 13 October, having recently won his first cap.

The former Charlton Athletic midfielder has made a big impact for Rangers since his arrival on a free transfer.

He has made 16 appearances for Rangers, 14 of which have been starts, and scored four goals as well as supplied two assists.

Gerrard has spoken highly of Aribo’s contribution and how his versatility – he can play in central midfield as well as a number of attacking midfield roles – makes him a real asset.

Aribo’s extended absence is likely to lead to further opportunities for Greg Stewart.
https://www.footballinsider247.com/majo ... x-sources/
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:
Major blow: Rangers ace with 16 appearances this season set for extended absence – Ibrox Sources
Date: 1st October 2019 at 5:20pm
Written by: Wayne Veysey
Sad news...
Get well soon bro!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damn, get well soon.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Feel for the boy missing out on the Brazilian game but it’s only about 4 weeks out. It could have been worse.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... g-20385783

Joe Aribo returns to Rangers training wearing protective skull cap after brutal head knock
Midfielder is expected to be out of action until after the international break but was seen with his teammates at Auchenhowie on Wednesday morning.

Joe Aribo has returned to Rangers training sporting a Peter Cech-style protective skull cap following the brutal head knock he suffered against Livingston last week.

Aribo required 20 stitches to his head after being flattened by Ricki Lamie in the Betfred Cup quarter final in West Lothian.

The summer signing was seen bleeding heavily before being taken off after half an hour at Livi. He sat out the weekend thrashing of Aberdeen and is expected to miss this week's Europa League clash with Young Boys and Sunday's Premiership meeting with Hamilton.

But the 22-year-old was spotted training with his team mates at Auchenhowie this morning with his injury protected by both the protective head gear and bandaging underneath.

Steven Gerrard insisted last week that Lamie should have seen red for the challenge - deeming it serious foul play.The Livi midfielder escaped without a caution but Gerrard said: "I don't think the player has gone in to intentionally hurt him but that in my book is serious dangerous play and in any other league it is a red card."

Gerrard added: "After getting 20 stitches in his head he is OK.

"The doctors did a fantastic job on him as he was cut all the way to the bone.

"The doctor will decide in the coming days when he will back.
"He will definitely miss the game at the weekend and potentially the next few after this."

Aribo is in a race to be fit for Nigeria's friendly against Brazil in Singapore on October 13. Owngoalnigeria.com claim the player could line-up for the Super Eagles wearing a face mask.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

damunk was trying so hard to jinx the guy, Aribo will be available vs Brazil
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:damunk was trying so hard to jinx the guy, Aribo will be available vs Brazil
:rotf: :rotf: you dis guy sef :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bigpokey24 wrote:damunk was trying so hard to jinx the guy, Aribo will be available vs Brazil
Personally, would rather not risk it out of an abundance of caution...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He's posting from Singapore, watched the Brazil game earlier today with the rest of the SE, so seems he's available...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

maceo4 wrote:He's posting from Singapore, watched the Brazil game earlier today with the rest of the SE, so seems he's available...
Seems he was ready last weekend. Was on the bench for Rangers but they won 5-0. Was not needed