Team list for Brazil friendly - Azeez, Olayinka called

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Team list for Brazil friendly - Azeez, Olayinka called

Post by john12 »

Friendly games are meaningless just way to test players chemistry, cohesion etc no sane person will try to terminate a coach based on friendlies
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

niyi wrote:Nacho missing
rightfully or wrongfully?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Jeez I just cannot stomach that wastepipe Esiti being called up for this match.

What da heck is Rohr thinking ? I thought he said our "best players" would be called.

Surely there must be at least 4 or 5 options better than him.

Also I dont agree with dropping Onyekyru for Olayinka.

Shehu really also needs to be finished with SE.

It’s diarrhea of the mouth time in CE again.

With Ebuehi still out injured, kindly inform us of a better NIGERIAN RB that should have been called ahead of Shehu or a more deserving DM than Esiti. Also, since you have to agree and approve everything Rohr does, why not tell us why he should call Onyekuru even though his work permit isn’t done yet and might end up with issues getting back to France.

As a world cup winning cyber cafe technical adviser your answers will be most cherished.

:clap:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

john12 wrote:Friendly games are meaningless just way to test players chemistry, cohesion etc no sane person will try to terminate a coach based on friendlies
Exactly bro! They are just used to 'learn'... 8-)
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

i like the midfield

DM - Nididi and Esiti
CM - Etebo/ Aribo
AM - Iwobi/ Azeez

Azeez can also play as DM and CM.
Aribo can also play DM and AM
Etebo can also play DM and AM.

For Esiti to get invited again, then he's left a good impression on Rohr. Esiti has played for the top belgian club (gent) for atleast 4seasons and he was a confirmed starter. played in Europa and Champions league. MOved to Greek champions, played in the champions league and a confirmed starter for Paok.

I think he is a better invite than Azu (for now).
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Azeez is no AM
chief nfachairman wrote:i like the midfield

DM - Nididi and Esiti
CM - Etebo/ Aribo
AM - Iwobi/ Azeez

For Esiti to get invited again, then he's left a good impression on Rohr. Esiti has played for the top belgian club (gent) for atleast 4seasons and he was a confirmed starter. played in Europa and Champions league. MOved to Greek champions, played in the champions league and a confirmed starter for Paok.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Esiti is pure rubbish. He was responsible for both goals against Ukraine. As soon as he came on we fell apart. This is very poor judgement on Rohrs part. Usually he does not act like this.

Mikel agu or Azuibikwe, hell even Kingsley Michael would have been a better call.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You’re acting like azubuike, age are a bigger upgrade. At the highest, they’re on the same level because all of them perform at Backwater leagues. We should start respecting coaches decisions except there’s a huge omission that everyone can attest. Ex (Dropping A Nigerian Messi)
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:You’re acting like azubuike, age are a bigger upgrade. At the highest, they’re on the same level because all of them perform at Backwater leagues. We should start respecting coaches decisions except there’s a huge omission that everyone can attest. Ex (Dropping A Nigerian Messi)
It's not a matter of which clubs they play.

And even so Azubikwe and Mikel Agu are playing at a higher level.

The fact is that Esiti was given just 20 minutes to play for SE. And in those 20 minutes he proved himself a pure wastepipe and effed up the game for us. We could have won if not for that horrific player.

His cameo certainly does not warrant a subsequent call up.

In fact I dont believe I have seen such a piss poor display since Rohr took over.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yes, their levels, clubsides etc matters and all of them are on the same level or marginally better which is why coaches decisions should be respected. Coaches will never impress everywith their 23 man squad but their decisions should be respected except there’s a big OMISSION (World class player?
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Bros i hail.

I am tempted to say wrongfully. Some players need a hand on the shoulder and a lot of encouragement. Nacho has had a lot of tough love from all his managers and I get the feeling a father figure, big brother type is what would work for him.

That being said, it's not the national team manager's responsibility to help players and the decision to not invite a struggling player is correct from the standpoint of a coach calling up his best players.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

niyi wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Bros i hail.

I am tempted to say wrongfully. Some players need a hand on the shoulder and a lot of encouragement. Nacho has had a lot of tough love from all his managers and I get the feeling a father figure, big brother type is what would work for him.

That being said, it's not the national team manager's responsibility to help players and the decision to not invite a struggling player is correct from the standpoint of a coach calling up his best players.
You ended up saying two different things.. which one then are you for? :woot:
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:
john12 wrote:You’re acting like azubuike, age are a bigger upgrade. At the highest, they’re on the same level because all of them perform at Backwater leagues. We should start respecting coaches decisions except there’s a huge omission that everyone can attest. Ex (Dropping A Nigerian Messi)

The fact is that Esiti was given just 20 minutes to play for SE. And in those 20 minutes he proved himself a pure wastepipe and effed up the game for us. We could have won if not for that horrific player.

In fact I dont believe I have seen such a piss poor display since Rohr took over.
You don't think it makes sense that the decision to recall him is based on more than just 20mins of football v Ukraine?
You are no expert on these matters by any stretch and you can go back to numerous threads where people had been calling for Esiti to be called up by Rohr before it eventually happened.
They are no less informed than you are and in fact, some have far more credibility.
So recalling Esiti is what it is.

I am not a fan either but I was taught to recognize that people given a responsibility have the right to do their jobs - and make the occasional mistakes.

If Esiti now has a blinder I'm sure all you'd do is slink away into some quiet corner and we won't hear pimm from you.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Otitokoro wrote:No Balogun, Musa, or Onyekuru.
Also, no Mikel Agu, Josh Maja or Akpom.
Yet we have scrubs like Shehu, Dennis and the mechanic Esiti (who offers zero value) in the squad.
This Rohr is just useless.
1. Balogun -too old, too slow
2. Musa - I agree
3. Onyekuru - Yet to cement his place, hence the testing of other upcoming strikers
4. Mikel Agu? - Abegi....
5. Josh Maja - not much to be said... KIV
6. Akpom? He can't walk into the team that easily

Vs

1. Shehu - If Ola Aina refuses to hold the spot as he should and XXX gets injured too often to come and stake claim on the spot, what do you expect. Besides Shehu trumps both in my books anyways
2. Esiti - I agree
3. Bonaventure - Another Kalu. So much dribling and running, terrible final ball. Well may be Rohr wants to observe him a little
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

olu wrote:Azeez is no AM
chief nfachairman wrote:i like the midfield

DM - Nididi and Esiti
CM - Etebo/ Aribo
AM - Iwobi/ Azeez

I agree but Rohr would try him there and prolly make him a back up AM. He's played that position for Granada this season.

Tho i believe he would be a better CM.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

You don't think it makes sense that the decision to recall him is based on more than just 20mins of football v Ukraine?
You are no expert on these matters by any stretch and you can go back to numerous threads where people had been calling for Esiti to be called up by Rohr before it eventually happened.
They are no less informed than you are and in fact, some have far more credibility.
So recalling Esiti is what it is.

I am not a fan either but I was taught to recognize that people given a responsibility have the right to do their jobs - and make the occasional mistakes.

If Esiti now has a blinder I'm sure all you'd do is slink away into some quiet corner and we won't hear pimm from you.
Last season, I covered Nigerian players weekly, Esiti was top 3 best performing midfielders in Europe and I kept calling for his inclusion based on pure facts. And he rightfully deserves the callup.

Good thing again is that, he was in camp the last time, and got called up again.

Now lets compare Azu and Esiti's records in the last 6yrs.

Azubuike
Yeni, D1, Turkey
Yeni, Prem, Turkey
Pyramids, Prem, Egypt
Rizespor, Prem, Turkey
Basaksehir, Prem, Turkey (Never been TUrkish champions or cup winners. Got promoted to Super League last season).

Appeared in 1 CL and currently in the Europa (1st one)

Esiti
Estoril, Prem, Portugal
Gent, Prem, Belgium (Top 4 Belgian team including League Champions, Cup champions and Supercup champions) - 4 season
Paok, Prem, Greece (Greek Champions - Unbeaten last season, Cup winners - did a double last season)

Appeared in 1 Champions league, 5 Europa and currently plying in his 6th Europa.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

vancity eagle wrote:Jeez I just cannot stomach that wastepipe Esiti being called up for this match.

What da heck is Rohr thinking ? I thought he said our "best players" would be called.

Surely there must be at least 4 or 5 options better than him.

Also I dont agree with dropping Onyekyru for Olayinka.

Shehu really also needs to be finished with SE.
:agree:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Mapet, my responses below.
mapet wrote:
Yet we have scrubs like Shehu, Dennis and the mechanic Esiti (who offers zero value) in the squad.
2. Musa - I agree
3. Onyekuru - Yet to cement his place, hence the testing of other upcoming strikers
4. Mikel Agu? - Abegi.... (You need to watch his performance against Uganda (pre-AFCON), as well as his most recent performance in the Europa League (Royal Standard de Liege vs Vitoria SC Guimaraes) in which he bossed the midfield. He has also been in the Portuguese TOTW this past month. He offers a whole lot more than that sluggish mechanic and will provide competition to Etebo as he sits very well in front of the back 4)
5. Josh Maja - not much to be said... KIV (see comments on Akpom below)
6. Akpom? He can't walk into the team that easily - He doesn't have to. The intent is to continously uplift the profile of the strikeforce. You have hanger's on currently in the team that offer zero value - case in point Onuachu. Akpom and Olayinka can add to the competition.

Vs

1. Shehu - If Ola Aina refuses to hold the spot as he should and XXX gets injured too often to come and stake claim on the spot, what do you expect. Besides Shehu trumps both in my books anyways (Shehu trumps who? Seriously? Slow as snails Shehu? You definately cannot be serious. Shehu cannot hold a candle to Aina or Ebuehi! Not even close! Besides, I will pick Awaziem over Shehu everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Pace, intelligence, height, tactical awareness? Check for Awaziem. Uncheck for Shehu. PULEASE!)
2. Esiti - I agree
3. Bonaventure - Another Kalu. So much dribling and running, terrible final ball. Well may be Rohr wants to observe him a little
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote:
john12 wrote:Friendly games are meaningless just way to test players chemistry, cohesion etc no sane person will try to terminate a coach based on friendlies
Exactly bro! They are just used to 'learn'... 8-)
:P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mapet wrote: 3. Bonaventure - Another Kalu. So much dribling and running, terrible final ball. Well may be Rohr wants to observe him a little
Kalu's dribbling vs Ukraine left about three defenders for dead and set up Iwobi's assist to Aribo's goal.
Furthermore, it was his trickery that won us the penalty vs Ukraine for the second goal which I guess counts as an assist.

Sometimes dribblers are a necessary 'evil' to do the unpredictable and thereby create chances.
If you remember, it was Bonaventure's wizardry on the left wing in the U23 game vs Libya that created the chance for Osimhen to set up his own assist.

I personally wouldn't say Kalu's final ball is that bad - certainly nowhere as bad as Musa's - but it can still be better.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

mapet wrote:
2. Musa - I agree
4. Mikel Agu? - Abegi....
5. Josh Maja - not much to be said... KIV
6. Akpom? He can't walk into the team that easily

Vs

1. Shehu - If Ola Aina refuses to hold the spot as he should and XXX gets injured too often to come and stake claim on the spot, what do you expect. Besides Shehu trumps both in my books anyways
2. Esiti - I agree
Too say Kalu's final ball is terrible is a huge exaggeration. He is one of the best passing attackers we have in the SE
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

kalu final ball isn't as bad as you guys make it seem.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:kalu final ball isn't as bad as you guys make it seem.
Yep his issue is selfishness, deciding when to pass vs dribble or shoot, but his final ball can be good when he chooses not to be selfish.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!