IBADAN BOY: PETER OLAYINKA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
IBADAN BOY: PETER OLAYINKA

Post by JACKAL »

I have to say I don't like this new standard we have of Inviting new Players, or even forgotten players to the eagles. All you have to do is score 1 goal against a top team in the world and suddenly you are eagles material. That's absolute Nonsense. People should be invited for their body of work in their career and not because of a single goal no matter how the goal is conceived.

Based on what I have seen so far, I don't think olayinka is quite ready for the eagles yet.

He is a good player, but not quite ready. He may do very well with the U-23 team. He is tall and athletic but his fitness and Physicality are in question. Watching him against Inter Milan last week, even before he scored his goal he had faded in the game and had quite a bit of trouble getting up field in the last 25 minutes. He refused to get into any physical jostling with any of the Inter defenders. He is a smart player, tactically aware and seems like a very good team player in the sense that he passes well and moves well into position to receive passes. His technical skills are average at best. Maybe in the 3 years with a few more years of experience playing on a top team and a top league he can get there.

[/video]
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IBADAN BOY: PETER OLAYINKA

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Thanks for the Jackazz report. We will forward it to Rohr and ask him to drop Olayinka and Osihmen for Messi and Ronaldo. :roll: :roll: :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Thanks for the Jackazz report. We will forward it to Rohr and ask him to drop Olayinka and Osihmen for Messi and Ronaldo. :roll: :roll: :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JACKAL wrote:I have to say I don't like this new standard we have of Inviting new Players, or even forgotten players to the eagles. All you have to do is score 1 goal against a top team in the world and suddenly you are eagles material. That's absolute Nonsense. People should be invited for their body of work in their career and not because of a single goal no matter how the goal is conceived.

Based on what I have seen so far, I don't think olayinka is quite ready for the eagles yet.

He is a good player, but not quite ready. He may do very well with the U-23 team. He is tall and athletic but his fitness and Physicality are in question. Watching him against Inter Milan last week, even before he scored his goal he had faded in the game and had quite a bit of trouble getting up field in the last 25 minutes. He refused to get into any physical jostling with any of the Inter defenders. He is a smart player, tactically aware and seems like a very good team player in the sense that he passes well and moves well into position to receive passes. His technical skills are average at best. Maybe in the 3 years with a few more years of experience playing on a top team and a top league he can get there.

[/video]
Look at our depth chart.
Then look at our central striker position.
What do you see?

Osimhen (who you do not even rate).
So there is nothing there and it is obvious that Rohr is using these friendlies to see some of these potentials close-up.

Onuachu isn't it.
Nacho hasn't stepped up.
Success was unsuccessful.
Nwankwo wasn't it.
Okereke is still developing, as is Maja.

So unless you have an obvious rival to Osimhen who you don't even rate, I'm not sure what you expect to happen and who to invite.

Maybe you can tell us your thoughts.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Thanks for the Jackazz report. We will forward it to Rohr and ask him to drop Olayinka and Osihmen for Messi and Ronaldo. :roll: :roll: :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Normally do not agree with the dude of shifting identities...
But as I noted elsewhere, it would be surprising if Olayinka is more than a brief flirtation.

Granted that players can develop and blossom in new surroundings...
But personally followed dude long enough in Belgium not to raise my hopes too high.

It would be more than a pleasant surprise if he blooms in the SE...
But Peter couldn’t break into the Gent team in almost 3 years there and is not a star at Prague.

GOOD LUCK to him all the same...
The most one can ask for is to be given a shot and it’s up to him to hit or miss!
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Very impressed with this guy. Plays for the Czech champions Sparta Prague. Saw him again during in a Champions League qualifier. He is an absolute workaholic! Does not have the finesse or technical grace of other Nigerian attackers like Chukwueze, but the guy is like Forrest Gump. He never stops running! He just will not leave defenders alone or give them a moment of peace. Worth a look as a player who can unsettle defenders with his non-stop running.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

wiseone wrote:Very impressed with this guy. Plays for the Czech champions Sparta Prague. Saw him again during in a Champions League qualifier. He is an absolute workaholic! Does not have the finesse or technical grace of other Nigerian attackers like Chukwueze, but the guy is like Forrest Gump. He never stops running! He just will not leave defenders alone or give them a moment of peace. Worth a look as a player who can unsettle defenders with his non-stop running.
We don't really need runners anymore, we need more technical players.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
wiseone wrote:Very impressed with this guy. Plays for the Czech champions Sparta Prague. Saw him again during in a Champions League qualifier. He is an absolute workaholic! Does not have the finesse or technical grace of other Nigerian attackers like Chukwueze, but the guy is like Forrest Gump. He never stops running! He just will not leave defenders alone or give them a moment of peace. Worth a look as a player who can unsettle defenders with his non-stop running.
We don't really need runners anymore, we need more technical players.
Kpom
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Reminds me of Mario Mandžukić, not the most prolific goal scorer, somewhat awkward player to defend against.....

If he was Tokunbo, he might have had more caps or captured by our Database!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

We have quite a few technical players already: Chukwueze, Kalu, Iwobi etc. Might be worth looking at a player who can unsettle defences and create space for the technicians with his tenacity (like Tevez and Rooney used to do for CR7 at Man Utd).
Tobi17 wrote:

We don't really need runners anymore, we need more technical players
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Is he related to Peter
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."