HBO MARADONA Documentary

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
HBO MARADONA Documentary

Post by kalani JR »

Premiering tonight.

[/video]
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: HBO MARADONA Documentary

Post by kajifu »

Maradona 86 never seen a player dominate a world cup from start to finish.
My fav player of all time,since he left Argentina they are yet to dominate or win major trophy
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

kajifu wrote:Maradona 86 never seen a player dominate a world cup from start to finish.
My fav player of all time,since he left Argentina they are yet to dominate or win major trophy
:clap: :clap:
It's insulting to hear little kids proclaim Messi or Ronaldo as the greatest. Maradona was a boss. 86 was world cup I was old enough to understand football and Maradona gave a convincing and thorough individual performance thats not been repeated since. Without him that Argentine side would have been very pedestrian
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

saw it last night, but fell asleep will finish it up later
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

messi was better imagine higuain in Argentina 86 squad ask yourself if Maradona would had won a WC
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

john12 wrote:messi was better imagine higuain in Argentina 86 squad ask yourself if Maradona would had won a WC
They probably still would have won, Maradona was such a force of personality. Messi is the better player but Diego will always be the bigger legend.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

john12 wrote:messi was better imagine higuain in Argentina 86 squad ask yourself if Maradona would had won a WC
Maradona was too influential on the pitch. He literally carried the team on his back in 1986. I had his poster on my wall in Owerri back then. It wouldn't have mattered who their striker was. He was too good period. :clap:

At first, I wasn't sure I'd watch it but after writing this post, the memories have come back. Will certainly watch it now.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Some time you don't need to post if you have nothing to say,was Higuaín this last Copa that Messi failed to lift it?
2022 you will still blame Higuaín.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kalani JR wrote:
They probably still would have won, Maradona was such a force of personality. Messi is the better player but Diego will always be the bigger legend.
What make Messi a better player than Diego?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Whenever one asks this question expect to be bombarded with stats that don't give context
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Better goal scorer, better creator, better dribbler and probably more versatile.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Saw it in the cinema a few months ago and enjoyed it. Remarkable life and an interesting reminder of how football has changed on and off the pitch - especially in regards to celebrity.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kalani JR wrote:
kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Better goal scorer, better creator, better dribbler and probably more versatile.
I am assuming that you watch Diego, He was one of the most influential player in a game,better dribbler,one of the best creator, better game reader, leader on the pitch, one of the game changer.
Messi only have better goal scoring as he play more as a striker.
Messi is not on Diego level.What he did with Napoli has never been done,what he did with Argentina has never been repeated.
It's an insult to even compare Messi to Diego,only thing they share is from same country,play for same national team and he wear #10 like Diego and both names start with M.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
I am assuming that you watch Diego, He was one of the most influential player in a game,better dribbler,one of the best creator, better game reader, leader on the pitch, one of the game changer.
Messi is not on Diego level.What he did with Napoli has never been done,what he did with Argentina has never been repeated.
It's an insult to even compare Messi to Diego,only thing they share is from same country,play for same national team and he wear #10 like Diego and both names start with M.
Messi reads the game better and is a better creator, game changer. I think Diego's on field personality shines and influences the game more but Messi is similarly missed by his team when he doesn't play just look at Barcelona's games earlier this season.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

after watching this, maradona nah real yeye person, give woman belle , pick race, party and used cocaine like tomorrow no dey, fake drug test 24/7, used performance enhancing drugs to ball etc... the Italian football is full of corrupt officials , etc ... They are racist and described Nepales as Africa etc...
SuperEagles

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Samora Machel wrote:
kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Whenever one asks this question expect to be bombarded with stats that don't give context
:lol: yahi...correct correct ooo
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kalani JR wrote:
kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Messi reads the game better and is a better creator, game changer. I think Diego's on field personality shines and influences the game more but Messi is similarly missed by his team when he doesn't play just look at Barcelona's games earlier this season.
Go watch Maradona when he play and when he is not his team will move from been like City when he play to like Swansea.
There is a reason he remain the only player to dominate a world cup from start to finish.Win 86,took Argentina to world cup final in Italy a nd he would have won it in 94 if not the ban.
Maradona has won the biggest trophy and influence it,Messi is yet to do same.Messi only shine playing for Barca,/diego dominate every where he goes.Its an insult to compare both.I have said it if Argentina want to win major trophy drop Messi
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
kajifu wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Go watch Maradona when he play and when he is not his team will move from been like City when he play to like Swansea.
There is a reason he remain the only player to dominate a world cup from start to finish.Win 86,took Argentina to world cup final in Italy a nd he would have won it in 94 if not the ban.
Maradona has won the biggest trophy and influence it,Messi is yet to do same.Messi only shine playing for Barca,/diego dominate every where he goes.Its an insult to compare both.I have said it if Argentina want to win major trophy drop Messi
Messi has won multiple champions league and league titles himself. Maradona struggled in both his spells in Spain, and no the country would not have the World Cup in 94, the whole reason he was banned was because he was struggling to lose weight before the tournament since he had hardly played games. If Argentina dropped Messi from 2008 to 2018 they might not have made any of the World Cups in between.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

When Diego played Italy had thr best league in the world, he took relegation dog fighters Napoli to the top a d eventually league and European champions.. won The worldcup, back to back worldcup finals .. messi can't clean Diego's short shorts

We all know kalani was born in 2001 , so bobo is clueless when it comes to the greats of prior3 decades
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:When Diego played Italy had thr best league in the world, he took relegation dog fighters Napoli to the top a d eventually league and European champions.. won The worldcup, back to back worldcup finals .. messi can't clean Diego's short shorts

We all know kalani was born in 2001 , so bobo is clueless when it comes to the greats of prior3 decades
Napoli became UEFA Cup champions with Maradona not European champions. They were also regular qualifiers to European competition before Maradona.

It doesn't matter when I was born I know enough football to make up our age gap and more.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:When Diego played Italy had thr best league in the world, he took relegation dog fighters Napoli to the top a d eventually league and European champions.. won The worldcup, back to back worldcup finals .. messi can't clean Diego's short shorts

Napoli became UEFA Cup champions with Maradona not European champions. They were also regular qualifiers to European competition before Maradona.

It doesn't matter when I was born I know enough football to make up our age gap and more.
The problem with your argument is when Diego arrived at Napoli, their primary concern was avoiding relegation. They were that poor. He subsequently won 2 scudettos, 1 Italian League Cup and 1 UEFA Cup with Napoli. In fact the only 2 scudettos they have won in their history were inspired by Diego and they likely would have more had the Italian FA not vengefully & prematurely forced him out of Italy as retribution for Argentina eliminating Italy from the 1990 WC partly fueled by his courting Neapolitans to root against their country in Naples.

The key difference between Diego and Messi is Diego has a strong personality that transcends the football pitch and therefore able to convince his teammates to believe that the impossible is possible.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

green4life wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

The problem with your argument is when Diego arrived at Napoli, their primary concern was avoiding relegation. They were that poor. He subsequently won 2 scudettos, 1 Italian League Cup and 1 UEFA Cup with Napoli. In fact the only 2 scudettos they have won in their history were inspired by Diego and they likely would have more had the Italian FA not vengefully & prematurely forced him out of Italy as retribution for Argentina eliminating Italy from the 1990 WC partly fueled by his courting Neapolitans to root against their country in Naples.

The key difference between Diego and Messi is Diego has a strong personality that transcends the football pitch and therefore able to convince his teammates to believe that the impossible is possible.
I'm not downplaying Diego I've pretty much said everything you said in the second half of your post somewhere in this thread.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
green4life wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

I'm not downplaying Diego I've pretty much said everything you said in the second half of your post somewhere in this thread.
you are clueless, just go buss it down

[/video]
SuperEagles