Victor Osimhen had no preseason

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Victor Osimhen had no preseason

Post by Bigpokey24 »

and the bobo is about to score 10 goals so far way before Thanksgiving , this guy is a goal machine, how can't you like his intensity, fighting spirit , power , belief etc..I am just concerned that we have a coward manager who goes with the notion that we are going to tourneys just to learn.. We need to find a way to instill such intensity on every SE player out there. This way we can eradicate the coward mentality set by ****. Enough is enough
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Victor Osimhen had no preseason

Post by john12 »

being humble isn't a coward mentality. this is lme of the reasons why Nigeria is where we're at. often times, you here Nigerians bragging about being "the giant of africa" most educated in Africa blah blah blah only to visit nigeria and there's no good roads, no 24 hours electricity, extremely jobless undergraduates, etc then you ask wheres the arrogance stemming from?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

[/video]
SuperEagles

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Our manager told us Osimhen had attitude issues and he wasn't strong enough. Didn't give him a single minute of PT. Absolutely indefensible at that time and even more so in retrospect.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

niyi wrote:Our manager told us Osimhen had attitude issues and he wasn't strong enough. Didn't give him a single minute of PT. Absolutely indefensible at that time and even more so in retrospect.
can you imagine , and AFCON was just 3 months ago ..kai ..we are being played by a coward
SuperEagles

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Is there any reason to believe he is not the lead striker going forward in Rohr’s book. If so just what the #$*& are you guys complaining about. His time is now and he is showing he owns it going forward. If he continues like this and Rohr does not play him then feel free to complain. Until then may be a little more reasoning and less whining?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kawawa wrote:Is there any reason to believe he is not the lead striker going forward in Rohr’s book. If so just what the #$*& are you guys complaining about. His time is now and he is showing he owns it going forward. If he continues like this and Rohr does not play him then feel free to complain. Until then may be a little more reasoning and less whining?
some complaining and whining about others complaining :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

kawawa wrote:Is there any reason to believe he is not the lead striker going forward in Rohr’s book. If so just what the #$*& are you guys complaining about. His time is now and he is showing he owns it going forward. If he continues like this and Rohr does not play him then feel free to complain. Until then may be a little more reasoning and less whining?
Are you saying we should forgive past dishonesty and bad decisions because everything is now ok?

If you actually reason well, you'd join the whining too. Looking at the past to predict the future is wisdom. With your coach, the same favouritism, unfairness and questionable decisions we saw at the AFCON and at the world cup will keep coming back again and again. It's not one bad decision in the past, it's a litany of bad decisions and a fundamental flaw.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

past dishonesty is benching osimehn for ANC top scorer or dropping fairly EXPERIENCEd kelechi for osimehn? if there's one person that had always believed in Osimehn, its Rohr. if not, osimehn would had not near our anc 23
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

john12 wrote:being humble isn't a coward mentality. this is lme of the reasons why Nigeria is where we're at. often times, you here Nigerians bragging about being "the giant of africa" most educated in Africa blah blah blah only to visit nigeria and there's no good roads, no 24 hours electricity, extremely jobless undergraduates, etc then you ask wheres the arrogance stemming from?
:huh:
:clap: ......No running water,Presidents go abroad for medical care, when will our people learn talk is cheap!I’ve met Nigerians that think talking without substance gets them somewhere but exposed themselves, it’s time to grow!
As for football Nigeria don’t need to talk they need to improve!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
some complaining and whining about others complaining :lol: :lol: :lol:
Every man has his limit. Your cumulative whines don torture person finish. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

niyi wrote:
Are you saying we should forgive past dishonesty and bad decisions because everything is now ok?

If you actually reason well, you'd join the whining too. Looking at the past to predict the future is wisdom. With your coach, the same favouritism, unfairness and questionable decisions we saw at the AFCON and at the world cup will keep coming back again and again. It's not one bad decision in the past, it's a litany of bad decisions and a fundamental flaw.
What dishonesty. He made the cut. Former forum favorite Nacho did not ( in hindsight wise decision). Camp invites for Victor while warming bench at Wolfsburg( good decision). Bench who at ANC? the guy who led the whole continent in scoring ( also right decision). Look at the data. Victor’s time is now and it is the right time. He stays healthy and plays this way and we get him for 5-6 more ANCs and a couple of WCs. No regrets for me. I prefer to think forward!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

I think the setback he suffered at Wolfsburg and the two failed trials at Belgium really built his character as a footballer.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:being humble isn't a coward mentality. this is lme of the reasons why Nigeria is where we're at. often times, you here Nigerians bragging about being "the giant of africa" most educated in Africa blah blah blah only to visit nigeria and there's no good roads, no 24 hours electricity, extremely jobless undergraduates, etc then you ask wheres the arrogance stemming from?
24/7 power ? U must be kidding. 90% of Nigerians don’t have Water bro.
OCCUPY NFF!!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ive been running my gens for 3 days straight.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
ive been running my gens for 3 days straight.
onigbese, who send you message to go buy I better pass my neighbor gen? Pay your debt ...askari
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kawawa wrote:
niyi wrote:

What dishonesty. He made the cut. Former forum favorite Nacho did not ( in hindsight wise decision). Camp invites for Victor while warming bench at Wolfsburg( good decision). Bench who at ANC? the guy who led the whole continent in scoring ( also right decision). Look at the data. Victor’s time is now and it is the right time. He stays healthy and plays this way and we get him for 5-6 more ANCs and a couple of WCs. No regrets for me. I prefer to think forward!
You get time.
Our people are masters at adjusting the narrative to suit their agenda.
Unbelievebale to find people still stubbornly making the argument that Osimhen should have benched the guy that won the AFCON Golden boot.
I mean, WTF? :roll:

If you hear their evidence for"dishonesty" you can only laugh. Ask dem.
A coach's close-up opinion which they do not agree with, based on watching TV clips is now classified as 'dishonesty'.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Kongi, I said “no 24 hours power”
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Damunk wrote:
kawawa wrote:
niyi wrote:

You get time.
Our people are masters at adjusting the narrative to suit their agenda.
Unbelievebale to find people still stubbornly making the argument that Osimhen should have benched the guy that won the AFCON Golden boot.
I mean, WTF? :roll:

If you hear their evidence for"dishonesty" you can only laugh. Ask dem.
A coach's close-up opinion which they do not agree with, based on watching TV clips is now classified as 'dishonesty'.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Great strawman. Build it up and break it down. Most of the complains are about Rohr not giving a single minute to Osimhen till the 3rd place match. Nobody is asking him to bench Ighalo.

There are many reasons why you can have other strikers play even when you have a high scoring striker.

1. You're chasing a game - like we were doing against Madagascar and Algeria. There's no law saying 2 strikers can't be on the field.

2. You're giving your striker a rest. We had qualified and could have given other players a chance vs Madagascar.

3. You're trying to avoid injuries in unimportant games. Ighalo got injured in our third place match and has been out for 3 months

4. You're keeping important players sharp for when they may be needed.

All of this ignores the fact (that can be backed up by stats) that Ighalo's game was lacking in many other aspects even though he was the top scorer...
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!