2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] BHA vs TOT [WK 8]

Post by Cito »

kenmega wrote:PS. Wishing Lloris a speedy recovery after that horrific injury.
No one likes to see that kind of injury.

This team doesn't look like the hardworking team of last few seasons.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Where is the clown John pajimoh Barnes?
Sitting on the lap of the Massa :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kenmega wrote:I don't know what to say.

I am still backing Poch to make changes, but I hope he resigns from this cursed football club owned by East London's finest cockney bald headed four eyed pair of dictators ruining this football club.

Keith Burkinshaw once said after winning the UEFA Cup in 1984 when he left Spurs - "There Used to Be a Football Club Over There"

Crisato, IAG, Moh, others will disagree with me but no manager even crackheads like Tim Sherwood and Sol Campbell wont work under Levy and Lewis dictatorship.
I have been saying this for close to a decade! This curse on this club is unbreakable and will destroy even the greatest man.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Will be madness to dispense of Oga Pochettino, least of all with the prospects of a buyout by Igwe Madrid. Spurs are in a rut, too many strays, too many wantaways. Nothing beyond the remedial powers of Pocahontas, change would be far more dangerous and damaging than sticking with the cards dealt.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
kenmega wrote:

This team doesn't look like the hardworking team of last few seasons.
Everything comes to an end. Its not easy to motivate the same team, year in and year out! Its very difficult. This is not the Fergie and Wenger years.

Pochettino fooked up! He should have left at the end of last season. United needed him and I said he should have jumped ship, but he let them convince him to stay. His reputation is taking a battering right now.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

kenmega wrote:PS. Wishing Lloris a speedy recovery after that horrific injury.

I just watched the incident. Wow. Not even a forced error. Wishing him quick recovery.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:Will be madness to dispense of Oga Pochettino, least of all with the prospects of a buyout by Igwe Madrid. Spurs are in a rut, too many strays, too many wantaways. Nothing beyond the remedial powers of Pocahontas, change would be far more dangerous and damaging than sticking with the cards dealt.
I agree, but Oga Poch needs to dispense of them RIGHT NOW, or they will destroy whatever is left of his reputation.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I wish Lloris well. Bad result but we will get better.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:Will be madness to dispense of Oga Pochettino, least of all with the prospects of a buyout by Igwe Madrid. Spurs are in a rut, too many strays, too many wantaways. Nothing beyond the remedial powers of Pocahontas, change would be far more dangerous and damaging than sticking with the cards dealt.
I agree, but Oga Poch needs to dispense of them RIGHT NOW, or they will destroy whatever is left of his reputation.
...a simple floated ball, why not tip it over for corner. Safety first.
Good goalies do make dumb decisions sometimes.
That elbow looked hyper-extended, gonna hurt bad.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Poch has done well for THFC over the last 5-6 years. Even so, I think it’s now time for a change. It sometimes gets to a stage where the dynamic between a manager and his players deteriorates irreparably and I think that time is now. We have a very good squad of players. I don’t buy this argument that he is lacking players. This same set of players in the hands of someone like Mourinho will produce results, even though it may not look pretty. This international break is an ideal time to implement change.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Terrible injury to Lloris, looked like both ulna and radius snapped, definitely gone for the season, hopefully no more than that.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

ogiso wrote:Poch has done well for THFC over the last 5-6 years. Even so, I think it’s now time for a change. It sometimes gets to a stage where the dynamic between a manager and his players deteriorates irreparably and I think that time is now. We have a very good squad of players. I don’t buy this argument that he is lacking players. This same set of players in the hands of someone like Mourinho will produce results, even though it may not look pretty. This international break is an ideal time to implement change.
Jeepers creepers. At what point does the reality of Mourinho’s recent run of form lend itself to public opinion.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Wishing Iloris a speedy recovery from that terrible injury.

As for Spurs, the Bayern loss is one thing but losing 0-3 to BHA is a signal of deeper unresolved issues. Anyway, still early days for una.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

There's fire on the mountain, so I'm running from Spurs at the moment. They've been plummeting since end of last season. They are in relegation form.
The biggest stadium in the championship? Hmmmm
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

pajimoh wrote:There's fire on the mountain, so I'm running from Spurs at the moment. They've been plummeting since end of last season. They are in relegation form.
Not so fast - OGS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:There's fire on the mountain, so I'm running from Spurs at the moment. They've been plummeting since end of last season. They are in relegation form.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Pa Barnes. Please, take tissue. Inugo?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Too many wantaways and too much misplaced trust. Lamela, no reason to ever start a game for Spurs besides nationality bias.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

ogiso wrote:Poch has done well for THFC over the last 5-6 years. Even so, I think it’s now time for a change. It sometimes gets to a stage where the dynamic between a manager and his players deteriorates irreparably and I think that time is now. We have a very good squad of players. I don’t buy this argument that he is lacking players. This same set of players in the hands of someone like Mourinho will produce results, even though it may not look pretty. This international break is an ideal time to implement change.
Why would Mourinho work with Levy and Lewis?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
Not so fast - OGS
of course not they are the biggest threat to city, right? :)
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

kalani JR wrote:
Not so fast - OGS
Who’s at fault regarding the Man United situation? Woodward or OGS?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Not so fast - OGS
of course not they are the biggest threat to city, right? :)
I didn't think Vertonghen was a follower of the Kalani system.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kenmega wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Not so fast - OGS
Who’s at fault regarding the Man United situation? Woodward or OGS?
Woodward but OGS is now equally as culpable, similar to your situation.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Football is a very funny game indeed. No one could have forseen all the challenges facing Spurs.

I think that alone should keep us humble.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051