End of Season: Nigeria's Top 20 players 20/21 season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tracking: Top Nigerian players 2019/20 season

Post by Gotti »

NFA's list is quite depressing...
Shows more quantity than quality. :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

https://www.marca.com/futbol/villarreal ... b4601.html

Samu is in line for a new contract. Release clause of 60 million.

Strangely they quote owngoal.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Gotti wrote:NFA's list is quite depressing...
Really? I think it’s the best looking list since the mid nineties. Don’t recall Naija having so much quality since the golden age 1994 -1997, and even then, there wasn’t so much depth...
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Where is Brigh Osayi Samuel on this list??? Dude is balling for QPR and unlike Ebere Eze, does not need FIFA approval to play for Nigeria.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

NFA chairman is nothing but one massive agent, however this effort he put in towards our players is top notch...regardless, the guy still lacks basic intelligence....
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Victor Osimhen hangs to make it 2-2!
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Gotti wrote:NFA's list is quite depressing...
You are right. and interestingly, about 8 are not in Top quality bracket because they are regular bench warmers in their clubs.

NIgeria is the third highest exporter of footballers worldwide after Brazil and Argentina.

Its time we start investing in our football so we can export more finished quality products that would play and earn higher abroad.

Nigeria is a human resource exporting country. We also have NIgerians doing it in basketball, athletics, medicine, technilogy, law, science, smallbusinesses, etc.

But our current state is the best we've ever had since 94 partly helped by Nigerians in Diaspora.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Enugu II wrote:nfachairman,

It really will be a shame if Bazee never plays for Nigeria with his ongoing injury issues that do not seem to abate. Na real waa.
It would be really sad. He's one talent ive been looking forward to.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

bret- hart wrote:Where is Brigh Osayi Samuel on this list??? Dude is balling for QPR and unlike Ebere Eze, does not need FIFA approval to play for Nigeria.
Didnt list lower Div players except they are SE players like Semi.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

If we going by the most inform players also considering status of league, this would be Rohr's first 11 Vs Brazil.

******************uzoho***************

****Awaziem*****Ekong****Semi*****Collins

************Ndidi********Ramon Azeez******

******************Iwobi****************

***Chukwueze****Osimhen******Simon Moses

Bench:
Ezenwa
Onuachu
Aribo
Etebo
Dennis
Shehu
Balogun

Etebo, semi, uzoho, Shehu and Balogun are the odd men in that list. Either playing in low leagues or not playing at all.
Last edited by chief nfachairman on Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

chief nfachairman wrote:If we going by the most inform players also considering status of league, this would be Rohr's first 11 Vs Brazil.

Bench:
Ezenwa
Onuachu
Aribo
Etebo
Dennis
Shehu
Balogun

semi, uzoho, Shehu and Balogun are the odd men in that list. Either playing in low leagues or not playing at all.
Yea, but Ramon would only dream to start over Etebo, not in this world...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

maceo4 wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:If we going by the most inform players also considering status of league, this would be Rohr's first 11 Vs Brazil.

Bench:
Ezenwa
Onuachu
Aribo
Etebo
Dennis
Shehu
Balogun

semi, uzoho, Shehu and Balogun are the odd men in that list. Either playing in low leagues or not playing at all.
Yea, but Ramon would only dream to start over Etebo, not in this world...

I agree. "Raw" would rather go with a midfield's thats blended instead of putting in someone trying to get a hand of the team style. Even Aribo is ahead of Azeez in Raw's books.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chief nfachairman wrote:I agree. "Raw" would rather go with a midfield's thats blended instead of putting in someone trying to get a hand of the team style. Even Aribo is ahead of Azeez in Raw's books.
Not just in Rohr's books tbf...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Bench:
Ezenwa
Onuachu
Aribo
Etebo
Dennis
Shehu
Balogun

Etebo, semi, uzoho, Shehu and Balogun are the odd men in that list. Either playing in low leagues or not playing at all.
I was one man off compared to Rohr's list. However, mine was based on form and quality in Europe. Form and quality would def win you an invite but not a starting shirt.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chief nfachairman wrote:

Bench:
Ezenwa
Onuachu
Aribo
Etebo
Dennis
Shehu
Balogun

I was one man off compared to Rohr's list. However, mine was based on form and quality in Europe. Form and quality would def win you an invite but not a starting shirt.

I agree that form and quality should win a player an invite but that should not be restricted to Europe. I assume here that quality refers to the individual player and not to his team or to a league.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Enugu II wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Bench:
Ezenwa
Onuachu
Aribo
Etebo
Dennis
Shehu
Balogun

I agree that form and quality should win a player an invite but that should not be restricted to Europe. I assume here that quality refers to the individual player and not to his team or to a league.

EII,
just seeing this.

While form doesn't have to be in any particular league but with QUALITY, the better the league standard, better the quality. An in form player in Emyimba cant be compared to an in form player in Barca.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Ive been extremely tied up in the past 6weeks. Ill be updating this list by end of this month to cover both Oct and Nov.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chief nfachairman wrote:Ive been extremely tied up in the past 6weeks. Ill be updating this list by end of this month to cover both Oct and Nov.
you tied up :lol: :lol: dude get a hold of yourself, no one noticed you
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Bench:
Ezenwa
Onuachu
Aribo
Etebo
Dennis
Shehu
Balogun

EII,
just seeing this.

While form doesn't have to be in any particular league but with QUALITY, the better the league standard, better the quality. An in form player in Emyimba cant be compared to an in form player in Barca.
Nfachairman,

I will not disagree with that. However, an in-form player at Enyimba may well be technically better than an in-form player at Galatasary (in theory). Let's assume, for moment that we have a spectacular U17 guy, who is in Nigeria and signs to play for a Nigerian club (e.g. MFM), he may be better than a player currently at Bordeaux. Yet, because of his age, it is difficult for him to be in Europe. That is just one example. (2) Note that some Nigerian players with supposedly poor "football education" leave the NPFL and immediately start for an elite club in a Scandinavian country. Guess What? They had just been chosen ahead of players who had supposedly top "football education" beginning from their academy years. :rotf: (3) third is that because of compensation issues playing in Nigeria, our players want out and they do not necessarily care where to go. They simply want to a play where due compensation exists because they have a family to feed. This means that they will not necessarily seek out the high level club.

The bottomline is that using clubs to determine the better players will not lead to the call up of the best players. Sure, it will give us some of them but there are several others lurking around elsewhere. These things are far more complex and complicated than merely using the pedigree of a club to determine who is a quality player and who is not. Such methods are rife with errors especially in the Nigerian situation where compensation issues throw such rationality out of whack.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:

Bench:
Ezenwa
Onuachu
Aribo
Etebo
Dennis
Shehu
Balogun

EII,
just seeing this.

Nfachairman,

I will not disagree with that. However, an in-form player at Enyimba may well be technically better than an in-form player at Galatasary (in theory). Let's assume, for moment that we have a spectacular U17 guy, who is in Nigeria and signs to play for a Nigerian club (e.g. MFM), he may be better than a player currently at Bordeaux. Yet, because of his age, it is difficult for him to be in Europe. That is just one example. (2) Note that some Nigerian players with supposedly poor "football education" leave the NPFL and immediately start for an elite club in a Scandinavian country. Guess What? They had just been chosen ahead of players who had supposedly top "football education" beginning from their academy years. :rotf: (3) third is that because of compensation issues playing in Nigeria, our players want out and they do not necessarily care where to go. They simply want to a play where due compensation exists because they have a family to feed. This means that they will not necessarily seek out the high level club.

The bottomline is that using clubs to determine the better players will not lead to the call up of the best players. Sure, it will give us some of them but there are several others lurking around elsewhere. These things are far more complex and complicated than merely using the pedigree of a club to determine who is a quality player and who is not. Such methods are rife with errors especially in the Nigerian situation where compensation issues throw such rationality out of whack.
The cream will rise to the top.
I am happy
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Southampton set to offer £8.5 million to sign Real Valladolid's Mohammed Salisu
https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news ... d-defender
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rawlings wrote:Southampton set to offer £8.5 million to sign Real Valladolid's Mohammed Salisu
https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news ... d-defender
Probably the best transfer any Ghanaian footballer can boast of, how sad!