2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] 6th [CL] Rd-16 [FA] Rd-16

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [PL] BHA vs TOT [WK 8]

Post by Coach »

@Ken, despite recent failures, Mourinho's name is still pitched at positions he'd certainly prove an absolute pariah within a couple of weeks. Jose is done in competitive leagues, next stop PSG or an ill-fated second spell at Madrid.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:@Ken, despite recent failures, Mourinho's name is still pitched at positions he'd certainly prove an absolute pariah within a couple of weeks. Jose is done in competitive leagues, next stop PSG or an ill-fated second spell at Madrid.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Truly hurts you to the bone marrow, doesnt it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Not at all, ten kings, ten eras. Oga Jose is done, next stop, WWE aka Celtic, PSG or Juve. The annoyance perhaps comes from indigenous Cyberians championing Yooropes spent forces for big positions, Sol Campbell, Darren Moore and Chris Hughton still dey.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Coach wrote:Not at all, ten kings, ten eras. Oga Jose is done, next stop, WWE aka Celtic, PSG or Juve. The annoyance perhaps comes from indigenous Cyberians championing Yooropes spent forces for big positions, Sol Campbell, Darren Moore and Chris Hughton still dey.
it hurts, i know :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Poch like Wenger is now crumbling under the weight of “expectations”. For years, Wenger hid under the guise of “we have no money” or “building for the future and self financing” until season after season with no trophies led to unrest of fans, and the eventual ouster of a dictator, once thought untouchable! Poch has done an amazing job without the kind of investment other clubs have had, but with money spent on the new stadium and big money signings this season, he was finally being asked 2 deliver. So far it doesn’t look like can. Maybe I’m wrong but playing with freedom when seen as a scrappy underdog is much different to being the hunted and bearing the weight of high expectations!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Sleaky72 wrote:Poch like Wenger is now crumbling under the weight of “expectations”. For years, Wenger hid under the guise of “we have no money” or “building for the future and self financing” until season after season with no trophies led to unrest of fans, and the eventual ouster of a dictator, once thought untouchable! Poch has done an amazing job without the kind of investment other clubs have had, but with money spent on the new stadium and big money signings this season, he was finally being asked 2 deliver. So far it doesn’t look like can. Maybe I’m wrong but playing with freedom when seen as a scrappy underdog is much different to being the hunted and bearing the weight of high expectations!

Not true.

1. AW won 3 PL titles and 7 FA cups, Poch has won fook all

2. In order to cover for stadium debt and the property deal that went to shite from invincibles to era Cesc, Hleb, Flamini, Ade to RVP, Clichy etc AW watched best teams taken apart. Poch has been able to retain his squad+ add likes of Ndombele and Moura.

3. AW never sought a move away from Arsenal, Poch has been pimping his CV out to Man Utd, PSG and Real Madrid.

4. AW saved Arsenal post Den-Fiszmen fallout, post Edelmen getting the sack. AW held the club together for nearly 2 years without a word of compliant, Poch has been whining non stop for over a year.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Poch like Wenger is now crumbling under the weight of “expectations”. For years, Wenger hid under the guise of “we have no money” or “building for the future and self financing” until season after season with no trophies led to unrest of fans, and the eventual ouster of a dictator, once thought untouchable! Poch has done an amazing job without the kind of investment other clubs have had, but with money spent on the new stadium and big money signings this season, he was finally being asked 2 deliver. So far it doesn’t look like can. Maybe I’m wrong but playing with freedom when seen as a scrappy underdog is much different to being the hunted and bearing the weight of high expectations!

Not true.

2. In order to cover for stadium debt and the property deal that went to shite from invincibles to era Cesc, Hleb, Flamini, Ade to RVP, Clichy etc AW watched best teams taken apart. Poch has been able to retain his squad+ add likes of Ndombele and Moura.

3. AW never sought a move away from Arsenal, Poch has been pimping his CV out to Man Utd, PSG and Real Madrid.

4. AW saved Arsenal post Den-Fiszmen fallout, post Edelmen getting the sack. AW held the club together for nearly 2 years without a word of compliant, Poch has been whining non stop for over a year.
I will not compare Wenger to Ponch because Wenger has doen more to the game not just Arsenal,he is a legend that over stay and he has a point that Poch like Wenger crumble later after expectation was high.Ponch should have left after stable spurs to be a top 3 teamn when big clubs come calling .CL final should have been his last season.Same like Wenger should have left couple of years ago than stay
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
Coach wrote:@Ken, despite recent failures, Mourinho's name is still pitched at positions he'd certainly prove an absolute pariah within a couple of weeks. Jose is done in competitive leagues, next stop PSG or an ill-fated second spell at Madrid.

Truly hurts you to the bone marrow, doesnt it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did you mention Pep and Klopp? :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Not true.

Let's be fair. The Weng only won things when the club actually spent money. At that time the club owner's heart was in the right place.

So yeah, the fact Poch still hasn't won but still managed to get Spurs to the final of last season's CL is no mean feat. Arsenal at it's height still couldn't win the CL. Let's not forget that.

Pimping your CV like the Poch if that's what you want to call it is looking for a challenge in other people's. No manager just wants to sit there looking at a paycheck without winning things. That attitude should be applauded. Look where the opposite attitude landed us over 15 plus years.

It's a bold new world. There are no more jobs for life.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

CiToTo, how far? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Finally the trash small club who've been pushing above dem weights and been qualifying via fluke for champs league....let them go back to relegation dog fight when they had players like ledley king etc..

Glad john pajimoh Barnes can be gone from my forum...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT v BAY [GP-B GM2]

Post by Waffiman »

Thunder wrote:Please, has anyone seen my friend and my brother,IAG? :D
I dey find am myself. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:There's fire on the mountain, so I'm running from Spurs at the moment. They've been plummeting since end of last season. They are in relegation form.
The biggest stadium in the championship? Hmmmm
I know you are joking. But seriously, your team needs you more than ever now. Time to stand up and be counted.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: 2019/2020 Spurs Season: [CL] TOT v BAY [GP-B GM2]

Post by Waffiman »

pajimoh wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Now I know how arsenal fans felt
:mrgreen: Arsenal never chopped 7 from Bayern in one game. You are on your ................ own :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It took you long to find your way in here :rotf: :rotf: Are you showing your love for Poch with your avatar? :tic: :sneaky:
My bro, I have had to show mercy on you especially. Some Spurs guys like IAG and Cristao also, have made me gone soft.

My dear friend and neighbour, has also made me soft. I cannot laugh at him. He skipped work because he could not handle the digs from work mates after the Bayern game. Instead of schdafrende, I find myself commiserating with his woes.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Not true.

Let's be fair. The Weng only won things when the club actually spent money. At that time the club owner's heart was in the right place.

So yeah, the fact Poch still hasn't won but still managed to get Spurs to the final of last season's CL is no mean feat. Arsenal at it's height still couldn't win the CL. Let's not forget that.

Pimping your CV like the Poch if that's what you want to call it is looking for a challenge in other people's. No manager just wants to sit there looking at a paycheck without winning things. That attitude should be applauded. Look where the opposite attitude landed us over 15 plus years.

Your hate for Wenger morphed into untruths. Don't worry, your revisionism can't change history.

You dismiss Wenger's loyalty to Arsenal as sitting and not winning things. What a load of pure rubbish. He got us top 4 for 11 years consecutively paying off a huge stadium debt. He won trophies also. Wenger won things. Wenger won 40% of Arsenal's total trophy haul. That what Wenger's loyalty got us. That's a fact. Another fact, it was not 15 years, it was 12 years. Try to get these things right and stop exaggerating.

Wenger had to sign a deal with the banks that he will stay for at least 5 years to guarantee CL football before the club could get a loan to build its stadium. This is another fact which the club directors and Wenger himself has confirmed. He made sure he stayed and paid off the colossal debts at the club when all of Europe's giants wanted his signature.

Spurs are now entering a very dangerous phase, their best players, like Arsenal's, are seeking the big fat pay checks from other clubs. They must somehow sustain top 4 to help with stadium debts, or their squad and stadium will be reliant on EPL and income from gate receipts. It could all go horribly wrong but I guess a buyer will step up and pick it all up for a fraction of its real value or pay full value.

The Arsenal that played Barcelona and played on it's way to the final was not peak Arsenal. For example, they played Eboue and Flamini at full back positions to get to the CL final.

A lot of Wenger outers now appreciating what a great manager he actually was, as truths about his final years come to light. But you can continue spilling revisionist bile.

Do you remember when Sanchez disrupted and destroyed our dressing room, leading to fights creating major divisions in the set up. Do you remember Sanchez being on the bench on our visit to Anfield? Wenger finished top 4 that season. What chance Spurs finishing top 4 this season as things are?

BTW! Wenger is gone. The fans that wanted him gone now want this manager out. This despite the fact that we have better players than Wenger ever had in the last years of his tenure. The youth academy and team he lovingly built over 10 years is now delivering the players.

I have a football game today at the Emirates, the last game against Villa saw a little bit of the toxicity in Wenger's final 2 seasons return to the Emirates. If that toxicity grows, Emery has no chance, no one is enjoying Emery's football, but if he keeps winning, it is fine.

Like I insisted for years, changing Managers is not the answer, loyalty and stability are far better basis for success, if Poch leaves Spurs now, they will be in serious trouble. Maybe that is what you actually want.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Not true.

Your hate for Wenger morphed into untruths. Don't worry, your revisionism can't change history.

You dismiss Wenger's loyalty to Arsenal as sitting and not winning things. What a load of pure rubbish. He got us top 4 for 11 years consecutively paying off a huge stadium debt. He won trophies also. Wenger won things. Wenger won 40% of Arsenal's total trophy haul. That what Wenger's loyalty got us. That's a fact. Another fact, it was not 15 years, it was 12 years. Try to get these things right and stop exaggerating.

Wenger had to sign a deal with the banks that he will stay for at least 5 years to guarantee CL football before the club could get a loan to build its stadium. This is another fact which the club directors and Wenger himself has confirmed. He made sure he stayed and paid off the colossal debts at the club when all of Europe's giants wanted his signature.

Spurs are now entering a very dangerous phase, their best players, like Arsenal's, are seeking the big fat pay checks from other clubs. They must somehow sustain top 4 to help with stadium debts, or their squad and stadium will be reliant on EPL and income from gate receipts. It could all go horribly wrong but I guess a buyer will step up and pick it all up for a fraction of its real value or pay full value.

The Arsenal that played Barcelona and played on it's way to the final was not peak Arsenal. For example, they played Eboue and Flamini at full back positions to get to the CL final.

A lot of Wenger outers now appreciating what a great manager he actually was, as truths about his final years come to light. But you can continue spilling revisionist bile.

Do you remember when Sanchez disrupted and destroyed our dressing room, leading to fights creating major divisions in the set up. Do you remember Sanchez being on the bench on our visit to Anfield? Wenger finished top 4 that season. What chance Spurs finishing top 4 this season as things are?

BTW! Wenger is gone. The fans that wanted him gone now want this manager out. This despite the fact that we have better players than Wenger ever had in the last years of his tenure. The youth academy and team he lovingly built over 10 years is now delivering the players.

I have a football game today at the Emirates, the last game against Villa saw a little bit of the toxicity in Wenger's final 2 seasons return to the Emirates. If that toxicity grows, Emery has no chance, no one is enjoying Emery's football, but if he keeps winning, it is fine.

Like I insisted for years, changing Managers is not the answer, loyalty and stability are far better basis for success, if Poch leaves Spurs now, they will be in serious trouble. Maybe that is what you actually want.

That avatar has to be coming from the depths of sheer wickedness :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kai!!!

Everytime Gnabry stirred that hot okro soup, I could see Waffi's grin widening.... :rotf:

Kai!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Mazi Conductor, Na innocent question I been ask ohh.

I know both have been dishing daily pain inducers to one keke operator here. Do you know how the said man is doing with all the dual dose he keeps getting?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Mazi Conductor, Na innocent question I been ask ohh.

I know both have been dishing daily pain inducers to one keke operator here. Do you know how the said man is doing with all the dual dose he keeps getting?
Na wowwww o! The said keke operator sent his wolves hunting today and they came back with 2 pounds of flesh! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Not true.

That avatar has to be coming from the depths of sheer wickedness :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kai!!!

Everytime Gnabry stirred that hot okro soup, I could see Waffi's grin widening.... :rotf:

Kai!!!
There used to be a song they sang at White Heart Lane before Wenger came and silenced them. Yep. It is about an ex-spurs player called Nayim.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Ok. I’ve changed my mind. My angst has mellowed somewhat. Poch to stay. Recalibrated expectations for this season. Let those players who are out of contract or peering over the wall go - Jan, Toby, Rose, Aurier, Eriksen, Wanyama. Start blooding some of the youth alongside recent signings as they return from injury. Take a deep breath and press the start button for the roller coaster. Pinch what you can from this season, but look towards the next. But will Levy play ball?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

ogiso wrote:Ok. I’ve changed my mind. My angst has mellowed somewhat. Poch to stay. Recalibrated expectations for this season. Let those players who are out of contract or peering over the wall go - Jan, Toby, Rose, Aurier, Eriksen, Wanyama. Start blooding some of the youth alongside recent signings as they return from injury. Take a deep breath and press the start button for the roller coaster. Pinch what you can from this season, but look towards the next. But will Levy play ball?
I really don't get why people are putting pressure on Daniel Levy. He is at fault? How? Pochettino knew how Spurs was before he joined. The players were aware of Spurs and salary structure. I too have written this season off and to be honest would rather Pochettino use it to blood players. I don't know what the issue is. Either way I trust Levy to sort it out like he has almost always done. If the manager needs to go, then let him go. If it is the players, then deal with them. Spurs are not going to destroy their wage structure. I have often mentioned that it is the same players whining about moving to a bigger club who let us down when the big games are afoot. I am now looking forward to the release of the Amazon series on Spurs. The roots of this problem were sown the night of our final match at WHL.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
ogiso wrote:Ok. I’ve changed my mind. My angst has mellowed somewhat. Poch to stay. Recalibrated expectations for this season. Let those players who are out of contract or peering over the wall go - Jan, Toby, Rose, Aurier, Eriksen, Wanyama. Start blooding some of the youth alongside recent signings as they return from injury. Take a deep breath and press the start button for the roller coaster. Pinch what you can from this season, but look towards the next. But will Levy play ball?
I really don't get why people are putting pressure on Daniel Levy. He is at fault? How? Pochettino knew how Spurs was before he joined. The players were aware of Spurs and salary structure. I too have written this season off and to be honest would rather Pochettino use it to blood players. I don't know what the issue is. Either way I trust Levy to sort it out like he has almost always done. If the manager needs to go, then let him go. If it is the players, then deal with them. Spurs are not going to destroy their wage structure. I have often mentioned that it is the same players whining about moving to a bigger club who let us down when the big games are afoot. I am now looking forward to the release of the Amazon series on Spurs. The roots of this problem were sown the night of our final match at WHL.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »