The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2020

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2019/2

Post by Sleaky72 »

Chief Waffiman, I respect ur unique perspective on matters concerning Arsenal and generally agree with ur assertions. But regarding Emery I’ve been categorically clear and I’m sure u might disagree with me but I’ll say it anyway. If he is fired B4 Xmas and Fredo takes over, twill be becuz UV his mad Bromance with Xhak. I know ur a stats guy and will find a way 2 defend em but he will always fail the eye ball/ optics fest. He simply ain’t built 4 this league. I watched Juve/Inter and I clearly see this as a league in which a player of his mould would thrive in. As far as the EPL is concerned he will be the noose around the Emery’s proverbial neck. Now as for PEPE, I’m almost at the point in which I think he should be taken 2 a shrink or counselor. It’s almost there but his struggles are hurting the team. Simple as that.

Emery is at the pt, where I think the Xhaka thing has become personal with him and the fans. It’s a stupid and brainless tactic 2 employ and it might eventually cost him but I see a team that “is” very capable of competing once all the horses are fit and firing.

I know u luv Wenger but frankly I was so tired of his act that I’m just happy there’s a new face in the hot seat. Sorry and I know you hate that perspective but I’d had enough along with so many others .
We are 3rd because we have taken our chances whilst others have been rubbish. But you know it is going to get tougher unless our Coach makes changes.
Don’t u think Arsenal will get better when everyone is fit? Have you actually considered that perspective? If everyone is fit and he keeps tinkering with players who don’t belong I’d be the first one calling for his head. Listen Bruv not calling him the Spanish Jesus, I’m just saying the overreaction from so many is hysterical. It’s like they’re angry and salty that we won and can’t wait for the fall and subsequent “I told you so”. Sorry bt that’s absurd and pathetic for so called Gooners

My point is also that the hysterics are ridiculous because even if u look at a coach as accomplished as Pep, you can see how neutered his teams become once there are injuries 2 key players. And we are talking about one of the most expensive squads in football history talk less of Arsenal. Just saying!
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

The EPL is playing out as expected for me this season. Liverpool and City are a cut above while spots 3 and 4 are wide open. The only surprises are City have fallen back this early (I expected Liverpool to win the league in a closer battle) and Chelsea are better than expected. There is absolutely no excuse for Arsenal to finish 5th or worse this year. If that is the case then Emery should go.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Heliopolis wrote:The EPL is playing out as expected for me this season. Liverpool and City are a cut above while spots 3 and 4 are wide open. The only surprises are City have fallen back this early (I expected Liverpool to win the league in a closer battle) and Chelsea are better than expected. There is absolutely no excuse for Arsenal to finish 5th or worse this year. If that is the case then Emery should go.
Lampard and Chelsea are the surprise of the season. I have watched a few matches of theirs including when they lost 4-0 to Man U. It has been a pleasant surprise. Lampard is silently building a monster squad out there. Just imagine what happens when summer comes and the transfer ban is lifted.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Pierre Emerick Aubameyang was the leading goal scorer in the league last season. I wonder how many of those goals came from the boots of our all world maestro: The Artist formerly known as Mesut Ozil. But some self proclaimed geniuses will call that talk “simple”!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Sleaky72 wrote:Pierre Emerick Aubameyang was the leading goal scorer in the league last season. I wonder how many of those goals came from the boots of our all world maestro: The Artist formerly known as Mesut Ozil. But some self proclaimed geniuses will call that talk “simple”!
isnt he supposed to be on the field for him to be able to do that?

I am confused.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bk-one wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Pierre Emerick Aubameyang was the leading goal scorer in the league last season. I wonder how many of those goals came from the boots of our all world maestro: The Artist formerly known as Mesut Ozil. But some self proclaimed geniuses will call that talk “simple”!

I am confused.
The problem with you and some others is that ur clinging 2 the old geriatric and failed ways of Wenger ball and other styles that during another age used 2 believe in a “Loafing” #10! A lazy, defense and tactically free role that required no effort, no engagement but solely required a few slide rule passes here and there to make ur presence necessary. Well sorry that role in football, like the dinosaurs and ice age, have met the comets and meteors, and are now extinct.

Mesut Ozil featured 24 times and had one assist to Auba, two in total for the whole season (Marinate on that) and remember that Auba was the leading scorer in the league. He is up there again this season and how many do you think came from Ozil? Again if he isn’t contributing with assists, you know he ain’t covering ground and winning aerial or land duels, or do any other things to help the team.

I dnt want 2 keep piling on the dude but uv all been ruined by Wenger-Ball. Ask Cesc why he failed at Barca despite his Le Masia DNA? ‘‘Twas mostly because of his Wenger Ball DNA. He thought he was gonna waltz through games with pretty touches and passes with out any tactical and defensive responsibilities. Once that aspect of his game (it allegedly shocked the technical brass at Barca how tactically deficient he was) was exposed, he was on borrowed time at Camp Nou.

Again you all can cling to the Ice age theory of the tinker bell #10 (like the guy from Villarreal of days gone by ) but modern football likes the Kevin De Bruyne’s and David Silva’s of this world. Or even guys of an older generation like Nedved and Zidane, who were creators and piled up assists, but did so much more 4 the teams they played on.

Gifted and adaptable and hard working players who can play multiple forward positions and also fill in the spaces with an incredible work rate are what’s needed in today’s game. Especially in the EPL. Ozil has none of those traits and his time and usefulness at Arsenal football club and on the money he is on make him very expendable! U can hv the last word on Ozil. Like Xhak B4 him, I’m so done arguing ova them. All it does is annoy and exasperate!

His contract extension was the last middle finger gesture from Wenger to the club. Merci Arsene!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Sleaky72 wrote:
bk-one wrote:

I am confused.
The problem with you and some others is that ur clinging 2 the old geriatric and failed ways of Wenger ball and other styles that during another age used 2 believe in a “Loafing” #10! A lazy, defense and tactically free role that required no effort, no engagement but solely required a few slide rule passes here and there to make ur presence necessary. Well sorry that role in football, like the dinosaurs and ice age, have met the comets and meteors, and are now extinct.

Mesut Ozil featured 24 times and had one assist to Auba, two in total for the whole season (Marinate on that) and remember that Auba was the leading scorer in the league. He is up there again this season and how many do you think came from Ozil? Again if he isn’t contributing with assists, you know he ain’t covering ground and winning aerial or land duels, or do any other things to help the team.

I dnt want 2 keep piling on the dude but uv all been ruined by Wenger-Ball. Ask Cesc why he failed at Barca despite his Le Masia DNA? ‘‘Twas mostly because of his Wenger Ball DNA. He thought he was gonna waltz through games with pretty touches and passes with out any tactical and defensive responsibilities. Once that aspect of his game (it allegedly shocked the technical brass at Barca how tactically deficient he was) was exposed, he was on borrowed time at Camp Nou.

Again you all can cling to the Ice age theory of the tinker bell #10 (like the guy from Villarreal of days gone by ) but modern football likes the Kevin De Bruyne’s and David Silva’s of this world. Or even guys of an older generation like Nedved and Zidane, who were creators and piled up assists, but did so much more 4 the teams they played on.

Gifted and adaptable and hard working players who can play multiple forward positions and also fill in the spaces with an incredible work rate are what’s needed in today’s game. Especially in the EPL. Ozil has none of those traits and his time and usefulness at Arsenal football club and on the money he is on make him very expendable! U can hv the last word on Ozil. Like Xhak B4 him, I’m so done arguing ova them. All it does is annoy and exasperate!

His contract extension was the last middle finger gesture from Wenger to the club. Merci Arsene!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I would say head-strong because close-minded is quite a strong word to use........try to read your statement again but this time around....do it slowly.....maybe you will realize the holes on it...the so-called wengerball actually scored more goals and won trophies for the team you are claiming to support......the hard work you are talking about...meaning what exactly....conceding more goals and scoring less......stats dont back your assertions.....regarding my support for your so-called geriatric ways....yes I did support them because they(ways) won trophies for the club I support(till they didnt) and as soon as I realized that it was not working...I wanted him gone(give me any proof I did otherwise).....just like it is not working out with Emery right now(dont expect you to see that coz your loyalty is with emery not the club). You cant change history to suit your assertions.....wenger you are constantly bashing won titles for arsenal and please next time you dare bash wenger to defend your blindsided obsession with emery....do it with something tangible....trophies maybe.....or better goal difference....not mere assertions.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

bk-one wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
bk-one wrote:

I am confused.

I would say head-strong because close-minded is quite a strong word to use........try to read your statement again but this time around....do it slowly.....maybe you will realize the holes on it...the so-called wengerball actually scored more goals and won trophies for the team you are claiming to support......the hard work you are talking about...meaning what exactly....conceding more goals and scoring less......stats dont back your assertions.....regarding my support for your so-called geriatric ways....yes I did support them because they(ways) won trophies for the club I support(till they didnt) and as soon as I realized that it was not working...I wanted him gone(give me any proof I did otherwise).....just like it is not working out with Emery right now(dont expect you to see that coz your loyalty is with emery not the club). You cant change history to suit your assertions.....wenger you are constantly bashing won titles for arsenal and please next time you dare bash wenger to defend your blindsided obsession with emery....do it with something tangible....trophies maybe.....or better goal difference....not mere assertions.
Wow, Wow, and Triple Wow? WTF?

So this is ur response? Really? Really? I swear, You People! I’m Bloody Done With This Crap! Have a Wonderful Day!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Sleaky72 wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
bk-one wrote:

I am confused.

Wow, Wow, and Triple Wow? WTF?

So this is ur response? Really? Really? I swear, You People! I’m Bloody Done With This Crap! Have a Wonderful Day!
I would advice you to do so
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Guys it's Monday, we will be back with club football in 2 weeks time,let's not beat ourselves here .
The team need to improved and Emery need to actually used this international break figure the best way forward. Good thing we have not even hit form,Liverpool and city will drop points ,you just want to be closer to them. WE can shocked the world if Emery adjust.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people when is Laca coming back ?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Arsenal had 2 shots on target yesterday.

Auba had absolutely NO supply.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Nkume wrote:Arsenal had 2 shots on target yesterday.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/07/arsenal- ... -10875714/
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Saka, Auba and Pepe were on an Island called Alcatraz yet again.

Again manager went with a midfield that cannot connect with front 3 and is easily overrun by the opposition.

Anyone who can't see how midfield of Xhaka-Cebellos-Guendouzi does not work is being obtuse.

Anyone who can't see how Ozil would not benefit Auba and Pepe again is being irrational and obtuse.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Sleaky72 wrote:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/07/arsenal- ... -10875714/
This is one reason I like Laca,he offer alot while not scoring,he hussle put defenders under pressure.Auba some time kind of stroll around and allow defenders to relax instead of pressure them.He did same against Manu even cost us 2 poi ts drop.
But villagers are blaming someone else, watch them come blame Martin Keown for not knowing anything.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:

Saka, Auba and Pepe were on an Island called Alcatraz yet again.

Again manager went with a midfield that cannot connect with front 3 and is easily overrun by the opposition.

Anyone who can't see how midfield of Xhaka-Cebellos-Guendouzi does not work is being obtuse.

Anyone who can't see how Ozil would not benefit Auba and Pepe again is being irrational and obtuse.
@TG, let say Ozil was available who will you have drop from those 3 MF?I agree the MF is not working I doubt Ozil is the answer, Playing Ozil and benching Saks is no go for me,the kid should be starting games unless Laca is back.
May be Ozil should have start ahead of Cebellos or Xhaka?
He was not even in the bench.

When is Laca coming back?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote::clap: :clap: well done boys,league is tough some time you just need to pick the 3 points and move on.

@TG How will you want Emery to set up the team for you to be satisfy?
Emery will used his own hand and get the sacked with his crazy love for Xhaka...
Guys if we adjust small we can go for the title. Liverpool next two games is Manu and spurs .
City will drop points soon again,crystal palace away is another tough one for them...
When everyone is fit....

4-3-3

Leno

Bellerin---Holding---Chambers---Tierney

Willock---Torreira---Guendouzi

Pepe--Laca---Auba

Today Ozil should have started over Saka and Torreira and Willlock over Xhaka and Cebellos.

Pepe and Auba were dying for a foil like Ozil today, at Man Utd and vs Aston Villa.
I will not have start Ozil over Saka,so you really think Emery will bench a fit Xhaka his captain?Your line up when all is fit is interesting but knowing Mery he will never start such.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Xhaka is the odd man out. Even Ceballos is better. I would platoon Ceballos and Willock, while maintaining the duo of Guendo and LT.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I don’t want to call out people on this forum but Tunis Goon has been all over the forum calling people who don’t agree with him names like “obtuse, stupid and simple” but here are just a few of his flip flopping gems. The guy blames Emery and Xhaka for all the ills of the club but these are his own quotes on Xhak.
“Can't wait to see Xhaka in Arsenal CM. Arsenal finally have legit complete CM.”
This guy is like a bloody wind vane. Next thing we know he will demand a return of Wenger to the Emirates and insulting anyone who disagrees with him irrational and unforgiving!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
kajifu wrote::clap: :clap: well done boys,league is tough some time you just need to pick the 3 points and move on.

@TG How will you want Emery to set up the team for you to be satisfy?
Emery will used his own hand and get the sacked with his crazy love for Xhaka...
Guys if we adjust small we can go for the title. Liverpool next two games is Manu and spurs .
City will drop points soon again,crystal palace away is another tough one for them...
When everyone is fit....

4-3-3

Leno

Bellerin---Holding---Chambers---Tierney

Willock---Torreira---Guendouzi

Pepe--Laca---Auba

Today Ozil should have started over Saka and Torreira and Willlock over Xhaka and Cebellos.

Pepe and Auba were dying for a foil like Ozil today, at Man Utd and vs Aston Villa.
I will not have start Ozil over Saka,so you really think Emery will bench a fit Xhaka his captain?Your line up when all is fit is interesting but knowing Mery he will never start such.
Ozil in hole with his vision, movement, touch and passing...Arsenal would have beat Spurs and brushed off both Aston Villa and Bournemouth in routine fashion. Ozil presence alone would have forced said sides to adapt to Ozil and created space not only for Pepe and Auba but the midfield and our FB's.

Auba-Pepe-Saka is a basic front 3, to excel they require as midfield that moves quickly, requires a midfield via their tempo and athleticism can force opposition to move deeper into their own territoriality and ensure Auba-Peoe-Saka have space to exploit. As it stands there is a moat around Auba-Pepe-Saka, which none shall pass.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sleaky72 wrote:I don’t want to call out people on this forum but Tunis Goon has been all over the forum calling people who don’t agree with him names like “obtuse, stupid and simple” but here are just a few of his flip flopping gems. The guy blames Emery and Xhaka for all the ills of the club but these are his own quotes on Xhak.
“Can't wait to see Xhaka in Arsenal CM. Arsenal finally have legit complete CM.”
This guy is like a bloody wind vane. Next thing we know he will demand a return of Wenger to the Emirates and insulting anyone who disagrees with him irrational and unforgiving!

Hey simpleton check date of that post. Care to post anything from last 2 years+

Are you the type of person that buys a stock and never sells despite new info, data and results...again stay simple my friend!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a utter moron!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

BTW as Waffi was saying about Pepe.....

Detective Bunk Moreland

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:I don’t want to call out people on this forum but Tunis Goon has been all over the forum calling people who don’t agree with him names like “obtuse, stupid and simple” but here are just a few of his flip flopping gems. The guy blames Emery and Xhaka for all the ills of the club but these are his own quotes on Xhak.

Hey simpleton check date of that post. Care to post anything from last 2 years+

Are you the type of person that buys a stock and never sells despite new info, data and results...again stay simple my friend!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a utter moron!!!!
Earl Flip Flop so you’re doubling down on abusive language to mask for your exposed Con man persona? Ok how long ago was it that you were defending Emery and abusing Ozil? Ah yeah, speaking of stocks, trading and frauds ... You are Bernie Madoff!! Con Artist !!