MOSES SIMON HANGS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
MOSES SIMON HANGS

Post by Gotti »

Header in the 86th minute...
Nantes lead Nice 1-0 late in the game.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MOSES SIMON HANGS

Post by Gotti »

Substituted in the 90th minute...
As Nantes seeks to hold on to their lead with an extra holding midfielder.
Last edited by Gotti on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Simon is quietly very good season with Nantes. One f our most underated players, certainly the best 2 way winger we have.

Thank you for your service Simon. :clap: :clap: :clap:

F***! Tomori and Abraham. :woot: :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Nantes win 1–0 on Moses Simon’s goal...
Retains its 2d place position in Ligue 1 behind PSG.

:thumbs:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Look at the same people abusing Simon vs Ukraine :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Robotnik wrote:Look at the same people abusing Simon vs Ukraine :rotf:

Must be Gotti cos I’ve never abused him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Started watching the game but got distracted (to complete items on my 'honey-do...' list :().
Anyhow, he had some cracks at the keeper in the first half.
Glad he was able to put one behind the keeper.
Nice confidence booster for him before the Brazil game.
Gotti wrote:Header in the 86th minute...

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Started watching the game but got distracted (to complete items on my 'honey-do...' list :().
Anyhow, he had some cracks at the keeper in the first half.
Glad he was able to put one behind the keeper.
Nice confidence booster for him before the Brazil game.
Gotti wrote:Header in the 86th minute...

Oh jeez with Kalu out we might see his underwhelming self from the start...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I am still trying to figure out why all the hate for this player........ was joint top scorer for the Eagles in qualification for the last World Cup provided the most assists during the last cup of nations. Is a threat at set pieces, tracks back and works hard for the team. While a complete and utter waste-pipe thats only job is to score and only manages it occasionally was is given some much love and lots of hype
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote:I am still trying to figure out why all the hate for this player........ was joint top scorer for the Eagles in qualification for the last World Cup provided the most assists during the last cup of nations. Is a threat at set pieces, tracks back and works hard for the team. While a complete and utter waste-pipe thats only job is to score and only manages it occasionally was is given some much love and lots of hype
Dude has regressed, he’s barely able to beat his marker from open play these days and has become a very predictable winger.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I am still trying to figure out why all the hate for this player........ was joint top scorer for the Eagles in qualification for the last World Cup provided the most assists during the last cup of nations. Is a threat at set pieces, tracks back and works hard for the team. While a complete and utter waste-pipe thats only job is to score and only manages it occasionally was is given some much love and lots of hype
Dude has regressed, he’s barely able to beat his marker from open play these days and has become a very predictable winger.
Mace

I actually think several aspects of his game have improved . For instance, he has toned down the penchant to take on a defender every time he has the ball. Second, he is a more complete player. He is far more defensively aware and participates in ball recovery instead of being only interested when he has the ball.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Mace

I actually think several aspects of his game have improved . For instance, he has toned down the penchant to take on a defender every time he has the ball. Second, he is a more complete player. He is far more defensively aware and participates in ball recovery instead of being only interested when he has the ball.
Defensively he's gotten better (so has Kalu by the way), but with Simon it seems he sacrificed his offensive game in the process while Kalu still has a bag of tricks, and speed of thought to outwit defenders, something Simon is lacking these days.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Its funny that when he opted to refine his game by becoming more 'disciplined', vs. taking on defenders with reckless abandon, he is being said to have 'regressed'.
Be that as it may, the Nantes coach believes he is important enough that he walked right into the starting squad of a very solid looking Nantes team that is currently 2nd in Ligue 1.

Quoting his FC Nantes Coach Gourcoff: "He (Simon) is a joy to watch. His all round attitude is positive and he works very hard for the team. Always looking to pass to others in better position to score that’s a good part of his game many don’t appreciate. We are happy to have him here with us”.
maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Mace

Defensively he's gotten better (so has Kalu by the way), but with Simon it seems he sacrificed his offensive game in the process while Kalu still has a bag of tricks, and speed of thought to outwit defenders, something Simon is lacking these days.
Last edited by Otitokoro on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Its funny that when he opted to refine his game by becoming more 'disciplined', vs. taking on defenders with reckless abandon, he is being said to have 'regressed'.
Be that as it may, the Nantes coach believes he is important enough that he walked right into the starting squad of a very solid looking Nantes team that is currently 2nd in Ligue 1.
maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Mace

I didn’t say anything about taking on defenders Willy nilly but the fact is when he does choose to take them on he’s now poor at it. You don’t find that as a problem for a winger? Inability to beat their defender?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He is too short and offers nothing special. Martins is short too but was a special player and with a brain.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Its funny that when he opted to refine his game by becoming more 'disciplined', vs. taking on defenders with reckless abandon, he is being said to have 'regressed'.
maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Mace

I didn’t say anything about taking on defenders Willy nilly but the fact is when he does choose to take them on he’s now poor at it. You don’t find that as a problem for a winger? Inability to beat their defender?

He is one of the top dribblers in the French league, last time I checked. That is impressive.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Mace

He is one of the top dribblers in the French league, last time I checked. That is impressive.
Hopefully he brings that form to the NT, I’m basing my comments on his play with the SE, just look at the Ukraine game Kalu was getting all types of penetration then Moses comes in and is no longer able to beat that previously porous RB, same thing was happening in the ANC when he replaced Samu...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Look at people who have not played the game one day tearing their shirts over a quality player. Those that have played the game (and I have played at the highest level ...the Clear lake / Bay Area Co-ed League), know what Moses brings to the table. He will start every SE game he is invited for if he is healthy, period.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

1naija wrote:Look at people who have not played the game one day tearing their shirts over a quality player. Those that have played the game (and I have played at the highest level ...the Clear lake / Bay Area Co-ed League), know what Moses brings to the table. He will start every SE game he is invited for if he is healthy, period.
:lol:
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abbey wrote:
1naija wrote:Look at people who have not played the game one day tearing their shirts over a quality player. Those that have played the game (and I have played at the highest level ...the Clear lake / Bay Area Co-ed League), know what Moses brings to the table. He will start every SE game he is invited for if he is healthy, period.
Na wa o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

:rotf: :rotf:
maceo4 wrote:
Abbey wrote:
Na wa o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: