Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester United - News, Developments & Season

Post by YemiBrazil »

Coach wrote:Chukwudi Smalling will be taught the fine art, as opposed to the obscenity that assumes, simply stationing myriad men in the way of the ball, constitutes a science. No one masters the art quite like the Itals?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

DeGea face says it all! Against Liverpool, they better play 4-3-3 and if Pogba is fit, i will move him in that number 10 position
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:DeGea face says it all! Against Liverpool, they better play 4-3-3 and if Pogba is fit, i will move him in that number 10 position
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you can play 433 or 856 or 10-2-9, it will make no difference. i have locked your club and will sink it, until you bow before me and apologize to the Falcons
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Woodward is hiding from everyone, the international break came as a much needed relief for under fire OGS and the boards, the hope is united will have some players back from injury, Pogba, Shaw, martial, Bisaka, The question is why these players keep on getting injured? The 1st leg against PSG, about 3-4 players dropped, same thing is happening again, is it the training regime? I know OGS wants his team to press without the ball but the likes of City, Barcelona, Liverpool do this as well but in a different way

Woodward has overseen the worse possible period in united history and is still in a job due to the record revenue posted yearly, Can united realistically get relegated? it is definitely a possibility and will be the best thing for the board to wake up and sell, can you imagine united relegated? The likes of Pogba, Bisaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Rashford, Greenwood, Mctomminay, DeGea will leave the club as revenues will go down as much as 50%, sponsors will leave united in droves, Woodward will probably resign before he is sacked, they will possibly keep OGS as that will be his natural flying altitude

That is why the next 2 games are important, Liverpool will surely beat united, they are too clinical for a mediocre team, away against Norwich, i do not expect us to win, by then we will be in the relegation zone and Woodward will rather save his face and officially sack OGS but things are not going to change as far as he is in charge
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:Woodward is hiding from everyone, the international break came as a much needed relief for under fire OGS and the boards, the hope is united will have some players back from injury, Pogba, Shaw, martial, Bisaka, The question is why these players keep on getting injured? The 1st leg against PSG, about 3-4 players dropped, same thing is happening again, is it the training regime? I know OGS wants his team to press without the ball but the likes of City, Barcelona, Liverpool do this as well but in a different way

Woodward has overseen the worse possible period in united history and is still in a job due to the record revenue posted yearly, Can united realistically get relegated? it is definitely a possibility and will be the best thing for the board to wake up and sell, can you imagine united relegated? The likes of Pogba, Bisaka, Maguire, Lindelof, Rashford, Greenwood, Mctomminay, DeGea will leave the club as revenues will go down as much as 50%, sponsors will leave united in droves, Woodward will probably resign before he is sacked, they will possibly keep OGS as that will be his natural flying altitude

That is why the next 2 games are important, Liverpool will surely beat united, they are too clinical for a mediocre team, away against Norwich, i do not expect us to win, by then we will be in the relegation zone and Woodward will rather save his face and officially sack OGS but things are not going to change as far as he is in charge
Man U is looking at a draw with Liverpool and then a couple of away games after that.
Maybe something might click and they start scoring, but it's unlikely
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:Woodward is hiding from everyone, the international break came as a much needed relief for under fire OGS and the boards, the hope is united will have some players back from injury, Pogba, Shaw, martial, Bisaka, The question is why these players keep on getting injured? The 1st leg against PSG, about 3-4 players dropped, same thing is happening again, is it the training regime? I know OGS wants his team to press without the ball but the likes of City, Barcelona, Liverpool do this as well but in a different way

Man U is looking at a draw with Liverpool and then a couple of away games after that.
score from where? we are relying on luck rather than tactical ability, Tammy Abrahams will equal Rashford scoring record in a game or 2! This is Rashford 5th season as a seasoned professional, Martial cannot stay fit, Greenwood is still young so where exactly are we scoring from? Pogba is playing in CDM as well, we need stuctures in place but Woodward will never relinquish his overseer position until we get relegated, he will save face by sacking OGS!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

score from where? we are relying on luck rather than tactical ability, Tammy Abrahams will equal Rashford scoring record in a game or 2! This is Rashford 5th season as a seasoned professional, Martial cannot stay fit, Greenwood is still young so where exactly are we scoring from? Pogba is playing in CDM as well, we need stuctures in place but Woodward will never relinquish his overseer position until we get relegated, he will save face by sacking OGS!
Manu will beat Liverpool at old Trafford because it will be a do or die game for Manu,manu has pride and will end Klopp unbeaten run
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

Manu will beat Liverpool at old Trafford because it will be a do or die game for Manu,manu has pride and will end Klopp unbeaten run
That will be a great upset in world football

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, 'tis do or die for Ole Gunnosuofia, United will be up for it for the first 40 odd. If nothing comes of the initial gragra and gusto, they'll be smashed.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

International break may be a blessing in disguise for them as it will allow time for injured players to heal/rest. If they resume after the break with Pogba, Martial, AWB, Shaw, Lingard, Lindelof back in the squad and fully fit they will look a much better outfit.

They need bodies back ASAP. They have a run of playing 6 out of 7 games away.
benteke wrote: Man U is looking at a draw with Liverpool and then a couple of away games after that.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Perhaps Ole's problems at Man Utd are down to two words: "Ander Herrera" (or his absence). There is a remarkable symettry between Man Utd victories and him playing, and Man Utd defeats, and him not playing...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGWdfJZWkAA ... me=900x900
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Perhaps Ole's problems at Man Utd are down to two words: "Ander Herrera" (or his absence). There is a remarkable symettry between Man Utd victories and him playing, and Man Utd defeats, and him not playing...

I saw this as well on Youtube, if we had the proper structures in place, the likes of Herrera would have been offered a new contract but instead we have the likes of Young, Jones, Mata, Matic who are way past it been giving new contracts!

Things are likely to get really bad, i cannot see a way out this time, if we go down, let us go down! Woodward and the Glazers will learn the hard way

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
wiseone wrote:Perhaps Ole's problems at Man Utd are down to two words: "Ander Herrera" (or his absence). There is a remarkable symettry between Man Utd victories and him playing, and Man Utd defeats, and him not playing...

I saw this as well on Youtube, if we had the proper structures in place, the likes of Herrera would have been offered a new contract but instead we have the likes of Young, Jones, Mata, Matic who are way past it been giving new contracts!

Things are likely to get really bad, i cannot see a way out this time, if we go down, let us go down! Woodward and the Glazers will learn the hard way
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Remember when I predicted that young Man Utd GK Dean "Henderson is one of the most promising English GKs and will be an England international one day"? Well it happened sooner than I predicted/anticipated. He just got his first England call up. Good luck to the lad.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:Remember when I predicted that young Man Utd GK Dean "Henderson is one of the most promising English GKs and will be an England international one day"? Well it happened sooner than I predicted/anticipated. He just got his first England call up. Good luck to the lad.
Always liked him.

I mentioned last season that United should take the very brave step and should have sold De Gea and replaced him with henderson. He is not as good as De Gea, but he has the talent and could be. They should have been brave, but frankly thats too much to ask of this sh1t team and their executives.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:

Can you post the video for us, I'd like to watch it too. Cheers.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

benteke wrote:Disarray on the football pitch may start catching up

[/video]
There are some reports/rumours that Chevrolet may not be renewing the 400million shirt sponsorship deal due to bad form on the pitch
And there's always talk about Ed Woodward, let us have a look at the names that make up the so called Board.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Avram Glazer – Executive Co-Chairman and Director

Joel Glazer – Executive Co-Chairman and Director

Edward Woodward – Executive Vice Chairman and Director

Richard Arnold – Group Managing Director and Director

Cliff Baty – Chief Financial Officer

Kevin Glazer – Director

Bryan Glazer – Director

Darcie Glazer Kassewitz – Director

Edward Glazer – Director

Robert Leitão – Independent Director

Manu Sawhney – Independent Director

John Hooks – Independent Director

https://ir.manutd.com/corporate-governa ... ctors.aspx

A quick glance at their backgrounds from that link shows that they are all mostly commercial or law people.
But then again Alex Ferguson and Bobby Charlton are always mentioned as sitting in the United Board of Directors so i don't understand why their names don't appear on that list.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
benteke wrote:Disarray on the football pitch may start catching up

[/video]
There are some reports/rumours that Chevrolet may not be renewing the 400million shirt sponsorship deal due to bad form on the pitch
And there's always talk about Ed Woodward, let us have a look at the names that make up the so called Board.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Avram Glazer – Executive Co-Chairman and Director

Joel Glazer – Executive Co-Chairman and Director

Edward Woodward – Executive Vice Chairman and Director

Richard Arnold – Group Managing Director and Director

Cliff Baty – Chief Financial Officer

Kevin Glazer – Director

Bryan Glazer – Director

Darcie Glazer Kassewitz – Director

Edward Glazer – Director

Robert Leitão – Independent Director

Manu Sawhney – Independent Director

John Hooks – Independent Director

https://ir.manutd.com/corporate-governa ... ctors.aspx

A quick glance at their backgrounds from that link shows that they are all mostly commercial or law people.
But then again Alex Ferguson and Bobby Charlton are always mentioned as sitting in the United Board of Directors so i don't understand why their names don't appear on that list.
Ferguson, club ambassador, Charlton as well, non executive director

I heard about Chevrolet, why should a big brand with failure? Let the other brands pull out as well, that will send a message to the board, they have to perform on the pitch, united has been stealing a living for the past 5 years!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

This man is literally offering himself to United. But they will most likely ignore him.

[/video]
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Now De Gea limped off last night during the draw with Sweden, well i dont think united are bad in the goal keeping department, Romero is more than capable! dont think it will make any difference, if we play that stupid 4-2-3-1, we will get beaten, Liverpool key man is Sadio mane, world class hit man!!

Marko
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

GK is the only position in which Man Utd have the best strength in depth in the EPL (perhaps in the whole world). Dammit their 2nd choice GK has played in a WC final and their 3rd choice GK is an England international!
marko wrote:Now De Gea limped off last night during the draw with Sweden, well i dont think united are bad in the goal keeping department, Romero is more than capable! dont think it will make any difference, if we play that stupid 4-2-3-1, we will get beaten, Liverpool key man is Sadio mane, world class hit man!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:GK is the only position in which Man Utd have the best strength in depth in the EPL (perhaps in the whole world). Dammit their 2nd choice GK has played in a WC final and their 3rd choice GK is an England international!
marko wrote:Now De Gea limped off last night during the draw with Sweden, well i dont think united are bad in the goal keeping department, Romero is more than capable! dont think it will make any difference, if we play that stupid 4-2-3-1, we will get beaten, Liverpool key man is Sadio mane, world class hit man!!
Exactly, we should have sold De Gea when he wanted to leave and re-invested in the midfield, that been said, He made some serious world class saves last night against the Swedes

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Pogba officially out of the Liverpool game, where united are struggling to create chances, where exactly is this coming from? Mata? way past it, we can only hope and pray, like lambs to the slaughter!

Marko