Luis Ocampos: On Osimhen...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Luis Ocampos: On Osimhen...

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
deanotito wrote:Whoever oversaw his sub-par utilization at Wolfsburg should be fired
How about the one that oversaw his sub-par utilization 3 months ago? Giving him 45 mins of football in 7 matches..

In Wolfsburg, you could argue he was an 18 year old getting a first taste of European football
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: that one should be beaten and naked at balogun market

It could be argued, he laid the foundation for his subsequent emergence as leading striker for the SE, based on how he managed his minutes....

There are many things I do not like about Rohr, but thus far his personnel management has been spot on...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
deanotito wrote:Whoever oversaw his sub-par utilization at Wolfsburg should be fired
How about the one that oversaw his sub-par utilization 3 months ago? Giving him 45 mins of football in 7 matches..

In Wolfsburg, you could argue he was an 18 year old getting a first taste of European football
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: that one should be beaten and naked at balogun market

It could be argued, he laid the foundation for his subsequent emergence as leading striker for the SE, based on how he managed his minutes....

There are many things I do not like about Rohr, but thus far his personnel management has been spot on...

Cool
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:If everything goes properly, Osimhen will be playing in the final game of the 2022 WC ...
Ol boy na wa o, CIV with Drogba, Gervihno, Yaya Toure couldn't even make it out of their group. Having a good striker doesn't mean we will be going far...way too may variables...
You this man, why alway on default negativity mode? :taunt:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:Luis Campos: The transfer chief with the Midas touch: Portuguese sporting director has helped unearth over £500m of footballing talent

One of the most wanted men in football may not be the most familiar.

Sporting director Luis Campos has unearthed over £500m worth of footballing talent during his time at Monaco and Lille, and in an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, gives a fascinating insight into his methods.

His CV is quite something, helping unearth Kylian Mbappe, Nicolas Pepe, James Rodriguez, Anthony Martial, Fabinho, Bernardo Silva and Benjamin Mendy.

The 55-year-old has been sporting director at Lille since 2017, helping them return to the Champions League after discovering some of Europe's best talents while at Monaco from 2013.

Here, he talks through the key players he found, how he is determined to see players live - even for a few minutes - and whether he could be tempted out of Lille, having been linked with a number of European clubs over the summer, including Chelsea.

Victor Osimhen

His latest find, 20-year-old Nigerian forward Osimhen, has scored seven in 10 games for Lille, including against Chelsea last week.

"I went to Lagos to see the U17 World Championships. After one match I wanted him. But his price was very expensive for a 17-year-old. I spoke to my CEO. I called him every night saying, 'Please give me this player, he is amazing. In two years he will be one of the best in Europe'.

"In the end the player went to Wolfsburg. I went to Wolfsburg just to see him play. Sometimes he only played for five minutes, sometimes only two. I was crazy for him! Then he had a virus and had five or six months not playing and went to Charleroi in Belgium. Two months later I signed him. So itʼs a nice story. I lost the player but then got him back.

"If all is normal at the end of the season there will be a big move for him because he's like a cat. You know, if you have a cat and give it a ball! Heʼs unbelievable. In the last 20 metres he attacks every ball. Every ball. Like a cat."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... idas-touch
Thanks for sharing. Yesterday or so, I watched the 5 min YouTube interview which wasn’t complete (didn’t mention Osimhen). But, having watched his performance against Chelsea in a game where he got very little service, the boy’s overall capabilities leading the line is evident and with a high ceiling. I told my son before the game that he’s definitely going to a big team in a year or 2 max. Guaranteed.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

[/video]
Last edited by green4life on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:If everything goes properly, Osimhen will be playing in the final game of the 2022 WC ...
Ol boy na wa o, CIV with Drogba, Gervihno, Yaya Toure couldn't even make it out of their group. Having a good striker doesn't mean we will be going far...way too may variables...
You this man, why alway on default negativity mode? :taunt:
Show me where I lied? You want to live in fake la la land, then na me go bring you back to reality by force by force :thumbs: :rotf: :rotf: :mrgreen:

I mean look at someone saying we will be in the finals of a World Cup and yet we don’t even have a functioning local league and are going around begging for left overs from other countries. Abeg guys stop dreaming and face our reality... :dream:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »