Remembering one-goal wonder (wild celebration)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Remembering one-goal wonder (wild celebration)

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

[/video]

Aghahowa sure knew how to celebrate! The NSFW part comes at 30 seconds. Naija has changed surely.
Last edited by Field Marshall Ogolo on Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Remembering one-goal wonder (wild celebration) NSFW

Post by john12 »

First of all, aghawonder wasn’t a one goal wonder. He actually performed for us in that 1999 - 2002 era. Unfortunately, he wasn’t consistent and was allegedly person papa (if you know) now, look at aghawonder a player that scored only 1 World Cup goal and how high he is held in Nigerian supporters mind compare that to the disrespect that musa gets despite scoring 4 World Cup goals. My guy, to score 4 World Cup goals isn’t beans
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

john12 wrote:First of all, aghawonder wasn’t a one goal wonder. He actually performed for us in that 1999 - 2002 era. Unfortunately, he wasn’t consistent and was allegedly person papa (if you know) now, look at aghawonder a player that scored only 1 World Cup goal and how high he is held in Nigerian supporters mind compare that to the disrespect that musa gets despite scoring 4 World Cup goals. My guy, to score 4 World Cup goals isn’t beans
it is, when all the goals were scored against 2 teams ,,,( with one from ICELand full of photographers and school teachers )
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Argentina 2014 world cup finalist as small team
Iceland 2016 EU quarter finalist as small team play o continue
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He wasn't a one goal wonder kid, and had a solid run in the SE though somewhat short. His problem was he spent the best years of his career in Ukraine and moved to the EPL late in his career.

I also have a feeling he shaved some years of his reported age which may be why his career seemed so short. I have no evidence to back that claim though. Wonder how his career would have turned out of he made it to Europe when he was truly "18 or 19".
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

What a cross from Yobo who sadly retired following that game leaving his entire career as a Super Eagles as the greatest what-if of all time.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

olu wrote:He wasn't a one goal wonder kid, and had a solid run in the SE though somewhat short. His problem was he spent the best years of his career in Ukraine and moved to the EPL late in his career.

I also have a feeling he shaved some years of his reported age which may be why his career seemed so short. I have no evidence to back that claim though. Wonder how his career would have turned out of he made it to Europe when he was truly "18 or 19".
Aghahowa shaved 13 years off his real age.
I am happy
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

The Jagaban wrote:Aghahowa sure knew how to celebrate!
He has also scored more World Cup goals than the whole of East Africa combined.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

I always liked Sorunmu .... and I still like him now ....

.... but even when I was watching him during his prime years, never mind looking back from the future, I always got the impression that a lot of the goals he conceded .... well .... lets just say I feel Enyeama and Rufai in their respective primes would not have conceded those goals.

I used language like "got the impression" and "I feel" because there is no scientific way to be certain that another keeper would have saved any particular goal conceded by a keeper .... but .... its just .... sometimes the goals Sorunmu conceded seemed kind of soft.

He'd make all these saves, no problem, but then he'd concede to an Ogoloesque shot. Or two.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The Eagle wrote:I always liked Sorunmu .... and I still like him now ....

.... but even when I was watching him during his prime years, never mind looking back from the future, I always got the impression that a lot of the goals he conceded .... well .... lets just say I feel Enyeama and Rufai in their respective primes would not have conceded those goals.

I used language like "got the impression" and "I feel" because there is no scientific way to be certain that another keeper would have saved any particular goal conceded by a keeper .... but .... its just .... sometimes the goals Sorunmu conceded seemed kind of soft.

He'd make all these saves, no problem, but then he'd concede to an Ogoloesque shot. Or two.
I was very much 98 Rufai that year, was unfit played too few games that year, should have been sidelined for the rest of the AFCON after the Ghana game etc.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

kalani JR wrote:What a cross from Yobo who sadly retired following that game leaving his entire career as a Super Eagles as the greatest what-if of all time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't let 1Naira catch you o....
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:
olu wrote:He wasn't a one goal wonder kid, and had a solid run in the SE though somewhat short. His problem was he spent the best years of his career in Ukraine and moved to the EPL late in his career.

Thanks for your glaring honesty. I joined C.E on the day he scored that cheeky j goal. Sadly , he was at the twilight of his career. Okocha was at least in his early 30's in the video.
Eagle, How did the match end anyway?
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

I bet all you gentlemen have forgotten the pre-2002 World Cup friendly we played against Kenya in May of 2002.

The match ended 3-0 with goals from Pascal Ojigwe (remember him?), Wilson Oruma and Femi Opabunmi.

Among the players to see action that day were Seyi Olajengbesi, Rabiu Baita, Christopher Kanu and Eric Ejiofor.

It is almost like we were not taking the match seriously.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

The Eagle wrote:I bet all you gentlemen have forgotten the pre-2002 World Cup friendly we played against Kenya in May of 2002.

The match ended 3-0 with goals from Pascal Ojigwe (remember him?), Wilson Oruma and Femi Opabunmi.

Among the players to see action that day were Seyi Olajengbesi, Rabiu Baita, Christopher Kanu and Eric Ejiofor.

We did not...

Most of the players for the WC 2002 squad were already set...
But it gave coaches an opportunity to look at fringe players (it was Enyeama's debut btw).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:

Have no clue of his 'real' age, but seriously doubt that...
Julius was still with Shakhtar Donetsk until 2012, that would have put him in his 40s.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:Aghahowa shaved 13 years off his real age.
Furthermore, that would mean that he made his SE debut at 31...
Why would he be an international quality player in his 30s but not so in his 20s?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Dammy wrote:

The only thing a waste pipe like you excels in is misusing your mouth. You wouldn’t make a stupid, thoughtless statement like that if you had even a smither of talent in your pathetic body, moron :!:

Cheers.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Dammy wrote:

The only thing a waste pipe like you excels in is misusing your mouth. You wouldn’t make a stupid, thoughtless statement like that if you had even a smither of talent in your pathetic body, moron :!:

Cheers.
TTK's posts always make me laugh because of the Cheers signature. Like here he woozes you in two sentences but then adds the cheers like you're old friends.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:

So in 2002 he was already 33 years old?
Which 33 yr old do you know that can effortlessly do those kind of multiple backflips?
Even professional gymnasts have retired by that age!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chei dammy, 13 years, because you follow them born Aghawonder? Stop making crap up... so , you this dammy, wants the world to believe Aghahowa was born in 1969? That is 9 years after I independence:rotf: you are a huge joke...so 2002 minus 1969 is 33.. :rotf: so today you are telling us Aghahowa is 50 years old....

You are full of it....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

The Jagaban wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Thanks for your glaring honesty. I joined C.E on the day he scored that cheeky j goal. Sadly , he was at the twilight of his career. Okocha was at least in his early 30's in the video.

Game unfortunately ended 1-2 in favor of Sweden
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

kawawa wrote:
The Jagaban wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Game unfortunately ended 1-2 in favor of Sweden
Thanks kawawa. There are still some good people in Naija.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

The Eagle wrote:I bet all you gentlemen have forgotten the pre-2002 World Cup friendly we played against Kenya in May of 2002.

The Kenyan squad was a "B" squad. We did not want to risk injury. :biggrin:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga