Which of these will be the first to hit world class?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Which of these will be the first to hit world class?

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
john12 wrote:once again, with all due respect, how come do epl and worldwide pundits don't feel similar about him? statistically, he has the best "ball winning" percentage in The EPL but overall as a DM, he isn't ranked as Top 5 in EPL or top 10 in Europe by Foreign journalists/pundits. to me, when rating a player, you have to consider all facts and like I said, Ndidi is very good at "winning balls" but his offensive abilities/passing are limited and even his long range abilities has diminished. to be fair to you guys sha, Foreign pundits will always rate their own higher than a Nigerian and maybe that's why Ndidi isn't ranked as the top 5 DM in EPL or top 10 in the World like some of you guys claim.

Your so called pundits are idiots. Show me 2 DMs in the EPL that YOU honestly say are better than Ndidi. Forget pundits. YOU
Deano huh? Fernandinho, Kante, Wilnajldum are definitely better DMs...there are others arguably better.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

so you think ndidi is better than Kante, Fernandinho, wilnajldum? there's a big difference between being the best at "winning balls" vs being an All round Best DM. ndidi is exceptional at Winning balls but below par at almost everything else. I remember prior to 2018 World cup how you guys were ranting about how ndidi will pepper "old man" Modric, rakitic until our midfield were taught a football lesson. you can win balls as much as you want, but if you dont excel or improve at other areas in the middle, you can't be the best
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
john12 wrote:once again, with all due respect, how come do epl and worldwide pundits don't feel similar about him? statistically, he has the best "ball winning" percentage in The EPL but overall as a DM, he isn't ranked as Top 5 in EPL or top 10 in Europe by Foreign journalists/pundits. to me, when rating a player, you have to consider all facts and like I said, Ndidi is very good at "winning balls" but his offensive abilities/passing are limited and even his long range abilities has diminished. to be fair to you guys sha, Foreign pundits will always rate their own higher than a Nigerian and maybe that's why Ndidi isn't ranked as the top 5 DM in EPL or top 10 in the World like some of you guys claim.

Your so called pundits are idiots. Show me 2 DMs in the EPL that YOU honestly say are better than Ndidi. Forget pundits. YOU
Deano huh? Fernandinho, Kante, Wilnajldum are definitely better DMs...there are others arguably better.
No they’re not. Wilnajldum, certainly not. Fernandinho, no. Kante, debatable. There is something soccer fans do when they equate big clubs with the best players. Though on average, this is true, there are always exceptions.

Defensively, which is the better team? Leicester or Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea?? Ok now, have you watched Leicester’s defensive organization and figured out how they do it? And this all on top of the fact that teams don’t play defensively against them, as they would against Man City or Liverpool. Then, let’s leave that and talk about the stats. What do I want my DM to do and how well does Ndidi do it? What do the stats tell you?? Leading the league in tackles, interceptions etc. and you want to tell me Fernandinho is better than him at that?? That’s like saying Otamendi is the best CD in the league.

I’m not talking about some fancy Pep Guardiola system where the rules for keepers and outfield players have been changed. I’m talking about the basic DM. What do I want him to do...and you think Wilnajdum is better than Ndidi at doing that??? Bruh. No!!
Last edited by deanotito on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:so you think ndidi is better than Kante, Fernandinho, wilnajldum? there's a big difference between being the best at "winning balls" vs being an All round Best DM. ndidi is exceptional at Winning balls but below par at almost everything else. I remember prior to 2018 World cup how you guys were ranting about how ndidi will pepper "old man" Modric, rakitic until our midfield were taught a football lesson. you can win balls as much as you want, but if you dont excel or improve at other areas in the middle, you can't be the best
Deano dey wear thick green tinted glasses :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:

No they’re not. Wilnajldum, certainly not. Fernandinho, no. Kante, debatable. There is something soccer fans do when they equate big clubs with the best players. Though on average, this is true, there are always exceptions.

Defensively, which is the better team? Leicester or Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea?? Ok now, how you watched Leicester’s defensive organization and figured out how they do it? And this all on top of the fact that teams don’t play defensively against them, as they would against Man City or Liverpool. Then, let’s leave that and talk about the stats. What do I want my DM to do and how well does Ndidi do it? What do the stats tell you?? Leading the league in tackles, interceptions etc. and you want to tell me Fernandinho is better than him at that?? That’s like saying Otamendi is the best CD in the league.

I’m not talking about some fancy Pep Guardiola system where the rules for keepers and outfield players have been changed. I’m talking about the basic DM. What do I want him to do...and you think Wilnajdum is better than Ndidi at doing that??? Bruh. No!!
Well in that case the best teams should be breaking the bank to buy him soon :thumbs: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Defensively, which is the better team? Leicester or Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea?? Ok now, how you watched Leicester’s defensive organization and figured out how they do it? And this all on top of the fact that teams don’t play defensively against them, as they would against Man City or Liverpool. Then, let’s leave that and talk about the stats. What do I want my DM to do and how well does Ndidi do it? What do the stats tell you?? Leading the league in tackles, interceptions etc. and you want to tell me Fernandinho is better than him at that?? That’s like saying Otamendi is the best CD in the league.

Well in that case the best teams should be breaking the bank to buy him soon :thumbs: :clap:
Been saying for 3 years that I don't know why they are not. You want to tell me that Arsenal wouldnt improve by buying Ndidi? Or Man U? But Man U goes to buy that Leicester defender, Maguire, for 80M pounds??

I am no Nigeria-is-always-better guy. If our players are good to my eye, I will shout it. If they are bad, I will shout it too. I don't play patriotism when it comes to soccer talent evaluation. Ndidi is the REAL deal.

I've said it earlier, moves of the top clubs are on average, moves for the best players...but in some cases, they goof...both in overestimating players, and in underestimating players. And with Ndidi, they clearly have. My only knock on Ndidi is that for Nigeria, I have seen a lot of good performances, but I am yet to see the type of dominating performance I see him turn out for Leicester.

In Leicester colors, he is amazingly good at what he does.
Last edited by deanotito on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I want you guys to look at the following article and see the clear bias:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-13812928

The top 10 DMs in the EPL are listed, and Ndidi is given position #9. Ok, now let me break down what they did. There were 4 statistical categories they listed: Interceptions, Tackles, Clearances and Passing. There were 2 DMs who placed ahead of Ndidi for whom they did not list any stats -Toreira and Fabinho (My guess is their stats were bad, and the writer still wanted to force them into the list). But for the other 8, they listed Interceptions, Tackles and Clearances. On those 3 measures, Ndidi was 3rd, 1st and 1st. But he was still listed as 9th best??????

On the final stat....Passing....only stats for 5 players out of the 10 were listed. Ndidi was 5th with 76% pass accuracy. 4 of the 5 players who placed ahead of him had no passing stats listed (go figure).

So I look at this data, and look at what I see on the field and say again, how can anyone say he is not top 2 in the EPL with 3rd, 1st and 1st. The writer rated those who he wanted to rate at the top, but if we are to go by how DMs are usually rated, its frankly ridic that 3rd/1st/1st is rated 9th while a player like Widnaldum whose stats are 7th/7th/6th (out of 8 players) is rated 2nd. He benefits from positive bias from the "pundits". They will make up anything to support their theories.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote:I want you guys to look at the following article and see the clear bias:

The top 10 DMs in the EPL are listed, and Ndidi is given position #9. Ok, now let me break down what they did. There were 4 statistical categories they listed: Interceptions, Tackles, Clearances and Passing. There were 2 DMs who placed ahead of Ndidi for whom they did not list any stats -Toreira and Fabinho (My guess is their stats were bad, and the writer still wanted to force them into the list). But for the other 8, they listed Interceptions, Tackles and Clearances. On those 3 measures, Ndidi was 3rd, 1st and 1st. But he was still listed as 9th best??????

On the final stat....Passing....only stats for 5 players out of the 10 were listed. Ndidi was 5th with 76% pass accuracy. 4 of the 5 players who placed ahead of him had no passing stats listed (go figure).

So I look at this data, and look at what I see on the field and say again, how can anyone say he is not top 2 in the EPL with 3rd, 1st and 1st. The writer rated those who he wanted to rate at the top, but if we are to go by how DMs are usually rated, its frankly ridic that 3rd/1st/1st is rated 9th while a player like Widnaldum whose stats are 7th/7th/6th (out of 8 players) is rated 2nd. He benefits from positive bias from the "pundits". They will make up anything to support their theories.
just write your own article , end of discussion
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
deanotito wrote:I want you guys to look at the following article and see the clear bias:

just write your own article , end of discussion
That's what some fans need to make up their minds. Articles are good, but aren't always correct. And neither would mine - if I ever decided to take your advice.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

^ I want to read yours as well
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Bigpokey24 wrote:^ I want to read yours as well
Ah, hit the search link.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The top 10 DMs in the EPL are listed, and Ndidi is given position #9. Ok, now let me break down what they did. There were 4 statistical categories they listed: Interceptions, Tackles, Clearances and Passing. There were 2 DMs who placed ahead of Ndidi for whom they did not list any stats (Toreira and Fabinho). But for the other 8, they listed Interceptions, Tackles and Clearances. On those 3 measures, Ndidi was 3rd, 1st and 1st. But he was still listed as 9th best??????

On the final stat....Passing....only stats for 5 players out of the 10 were listed. Ndidi was 5th with 76% pass accuracy. 4 of the 5 players who placed ahead of him had no passing stats listed.

So I look at this data, and look at what I see on the field and say again, how can anyone say he is not top 2 in the EPL with 3rd, 1st and 1st. The writer rated those who he wanted to rate at the top, but if we are to go by how DMs are usually rated, its frankly ridic that 3rd/1st/1st is rated 9th while a player like Widnaldum whose stats are 7th/7th/6th is rated 2nd. He benefits from positive bias from the "pundits". They will make up anything to support their theories.
I hear you but there are varying types of DM's from the destroyer/ball-winning DM like Ndidi, to the Controlling type like a Mikel, to the regista/playmaker type like Pirlo/Jorginho. The purely destroyer types are currently less favored by the top teams in the world its why Kante has to show more variation of his game in Chelsea than what he was doing when he was at Leicester, you need to have more of those abilities of the controller or regista which don't lend themselves as much to stats. We are talking about:

- Being super comfortable on the ball where they rarely lose it in dangerous positions (what is Ndidi's dispossession rate?) - we saw a lot of him doing this at the ANC and already this season for a bad goal in one of his early games.
- Ability to dictate the pace of the game, being the engine room of the team that keeps the game flowing with clean crisp accurate and smart short/long/cross field passing (good use of the ball - what stat do you use to measure that?)
- Ability to push the team forward and join the attack when necessary
- Ability to see the spaces behind the defense along with the ability to get accurate passes into those spaces consistently.
- Ability to dispossess cleanly without fouling - we saw how his persistent fouling in dangerous areas cost us in the ANC

You mentioned pass accuracy of 76% but do you know the likes of Busquets are consistently in the 90+% season after season? That's a huge difference in class. These are the things we are talking about and Ndidi needs to improve on...but in your opinion he's already there, and I hope you are right and a big team will come scoop him up so he can consistently show this class!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:

The top 10 DMs in the EPL are listed, and Ndidi is given position #9. Ok, now let me break down what they did. There were 4 statistical categories they listed: Interceptions, Tackles, Clearances and Passing. There were 2 DMs who placed ahead of Ndidi for whom they did not list any stats (Toreira and Fabinho). But for the other 8, they listed Interceptions, Tackles and Clearances. On those 3 measures, Ndidi was 3rd, 1st and 1st. But he was still listed as 9th best??????

On the final stat....Passing....only stats for 5 players out of the 10 were listed. Ndidi was 5th with 76% pass accuracy. 4 of the 5 players who placed ahead of him had no passing stats listed.

So I look at this data, and look at what I see on the field and say again, how can anyone say he is not top 2 in the EPL with 3rd, 1st and 1st. The writer rated those who he wanted to rate at the top, but if we are to go by how DMs are usually rated, its frankly ridic that 3rd/1st/1st is rated 9th while a player like Widnaldum whose stats are 7th/7th/6th is rated 2nd. He benefits from positive bias from the "pundits". They will make up anything to support their theories.
I hear you but there are varying types of DM's from the destroyer/ball-winning DM like Ndidi, to the Controlling type like a Mikel, to the regista/playmaker type like Pirlo/Jorginho. The purely destroyer types are currently less favored by the top teams in the world its why Kante has to show more variation of his game in Chelsea than what he was doing when he was at Leicester, you need to have more of those abilities of the controller or regista which don't lend themselves as much to stats. We are talking about:

- Being super comfortable on the ball where they rarely lose it in dangerous positions (what is Ndidi's dispossession rate?) - we saw a lot of him doing this at the ANC and already this season for a bad goal in one of his early games.
- Ability to dictate the pace of the game, being the engine room of the team that keeps the game flowing with clean crisp accurate and smart short/long/cross field passing (good use of the ball - what stat do you use to measure that?)
- Ability to push the team forward and join the attack when necessary
- Ability to see the spaces behind the defense along with the ability to get accurate passes into those spaces consistently.
- Ability to dispossess cleanly without fouling - we saw how his persistent fouling in dangerous areas cost us in the ANC

You mentioned pass accuracy of 76% but do you know the likes of Busquets are consistently in the 90+% season after season? That's a huge difference in class. These are the things we are talking about and Ndidi needs to improve on...but in your opinion he's already there, and I hope you are right and a big team will come scoop him up so he can consistently show this class!
Fair. 76% does not set the world on fire. But hard to understand that a player that ranks so high on 3 out of 4 categories is 9th, and then Wijnaldum is ranked 2nd. You can make the case that passing is preeminent but I disagree. And tbh, I exclude the soccer alchemist teams (Barcelona, Man City) from my analysis. The alchemists are not the end all of world-class teams though. For instance, Pep might want a goalkeeper that has the ball skills of a number 10, but that does not mean that other keepers without those skills can't be world-class.

At the end of the day, you need someone tackling and intercepting in your team. That person is generally the DM.....and we have a guy that is possibly at the top of those statistical categories in Europe. If his passing was 30%, I can hear you, but bro, in balance, 76% cannot disqualify him from the discussion
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Spanish sports paper, marca, conducted an online voting for an African XI yesterday. No Nigerian was in the final team, only Iwobi was considered for an attacking midfield role.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ndidi may be the best tackler in the English Premier League but is he worldclass? No!

We all know world class players:

Nwankwo Kanu
Austin Okocha
Taribo West
Sunday Oliseh
Finidi George
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ndidi may be the best tackler in the English Premier League but is he worldclass? No!

Nwankwo Kanu
Austin Okocha
Taribo West
Sunday Oliseh
Finidi George
How world class was Kanu really?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Dammy wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:

Spanish sports paper, marca, conducted an online voting for an African XI yesterday. No Nigerian was in the final team, only Iwobi was considered for an attacking midfield role.
Ndidi got a higher percentage of votes than Alex did. None the less, votes are all fan chatter and should not be held as expert opinion by those that are wise.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kalani JR wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ndidi may be the best tackler in the English Premier League but is he worldclass? No!

Nwankwo Kanu
Austin Okocha
Taribo West
Sunday Oliseh
Finidi George
How world class was Kanu really?
Kanu was just lazy. If he had put 20% more in, he would have been up there with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi. The Brazilian Ronaldo once said he had never known a player who could do so much with the ball as Kanu.

Remember that hat trick he scored against Chelsea? He could have put in performances like that every week for five years if he applied himself.