RODRI Foot and Mouth Disease....

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
RODRI Foot and Mouth Disease....

Post by txj »

:oops: Shouldn't have said that son!

Manchester City midfielder Rodri has told ESPN FC he has learned "tactical fouling" while working under manager Pep Guardiola.

The midfielder, 23, became City's record signing when he joined from Atletico Madrid in the summer for a €70 million fee.

Rodri acknowledged he plays in an important position on the pitch, but is relishing the responsibility.

"I think it's a big challenge for me because I never used to play this position particularly," Rodri told ESPN FC. "I didn't have this exact role in the team.

"We have lots of offensive players and many other teams try to counterattack you and a lot of the time you're alone but it's good for me.

"I am learning new things, how to go, when to stay, when I have to do a tactical foul :oops: :oops: , when I have to jump. It's good for me to learn these things. And for the team it's good because we need those offensive players to be able to play our game."

City are second in the Premier League -- eight points behind leaders Liverpool -- and Rodri said his side will have to overcome the "best team in England and in Europe" if they want to win a third consecutive title.

Jurgen Klopp's side finished just a point behind City last season and then went on to win the Champions League. And they have started this campaign in superb form with eight wins from eight in the league.

Asked whether Manchester United or Liverpool were now City's main rivals, Rodri said: "I don't know, I had never been in the city before, I don't know how people in the city feel.

"But the team to beat is Liverpool now and that has been seen the last two seasons. They are the champions of Europe so everyone wants to beat them, not just us.

"They're a great team, they have improved a lot of things, they're a very good team, and they're the best team in England and in Europe."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester- ... city-rodri
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: RODRI Foot and Mouth Disease....

Post by danfo driver »

its news that the checkbook manager is a cheat? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:its news that the checkbook manager is a cheat? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He's not a cheat. Just maximizing whatever advantage he can get...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:
danfo driver wrote:its news that the checkbook manager is a cheat? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He is actually a cheat.

if there is one thing I have never complained about Guardiola is his "interesting" tactics. There is one fantastic one that his Barca used to always do. One player will stay offside. Very visibly offside. The opposing team will leave him there. However, one other Barca player will make that late run behind the defense, receive the ball from an on-side position and then pass the ball to the formerly offside player, who usually scored. They did that thing almost every game. :clap: :clap: I was in awe! And I respect that.

However, anyone who knows Guardiola's teams knows that he gets them to dive and to foul players over and over again. Busquets was fantastic at this and fernandinho, surprisingly to every one (but not to me, because I know this move) almost never got booked and everyone complained about that. Now, Rodri is learning the trade.

Then when he played in Italy, he was banned for cheating when he was caught taking a banned substance on MORE THAN ONE OCCASION.

These are just THREE THINGS. I can name more.

We can be romantic about him, if we like. But the fact is simple, The man is a cheat. Has always been. Doesnt take anything away from his abilities.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:
He is actually a cheat.

if there is one thing I have never complained about Guardiola is his "interesting" tactics. There is one fantastic one that his Barca used to always do. One player will stay offside. Very visibly offside. The opposing team will leave him there. However, one other Barca player will make that late run behind the defense, receive the ball from an on-side position and then pass the ball to the formerly offside player, who usually scored. They did that thing almost every game. :clap: :clap: I was in awe! And I respect that.

However, anyone who knows Guardiola's teams knows that he gets them to dive and to foul players over and over again. Busquets was fantastic at this and fernandinho, surprisingly to every one (but not to me, because I know this move) almost never got booked and everyone complained about that. Now, Rodri is learning the trade.

Then when he played in Italy, he was banned for cheating when he was caught taking a banned substance on MORE THAN ONE OCCASION.

These are just THREE THINGS. I can name more.

We can be romantic about him, if we like. But the fact is simple, The man is a cheat. Has always been. Doesnt take anything away from his abilities.

Committing tactical fouls is what it is- maximizing the rules of the game. When a player is touched slightly in the box and goes down (as opposed to simulating contact), he is maximizing whatever advantage is available to him in the game. He cannot be considered a cheat.

On the doping issue, he was first exonerated by the Italian FA in 2007 and finally cleared of all charges in 2009, at which time he was already coach at Barca.

You need to stop lying or falsifying issues...

Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Since when did tactical fouling become cheating?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu