The making of Aribo....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
The making of Aribo....

Post by Enyi »

Since Rohr is here to learn, that translates to defend for your life and play dull alar Croatia....

I am more interested to see how Aribo does with Ndidi beside him and against strong opposition. This could be the game that cements his place in the side and relegates Etebo to the bench or vice versa.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The making of Aribo....

Post by maceo4 »

Etebo was our best CM vs Ukraine and is having a great season so far, Aribo is a good backup but Etebo is a beast. I dunno when we will stop this campaign against him, he was our best midfielder at the WC, best midfielder at ANC, but some newcomer is just gonna take his spot?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Etebo eas even better than their king Ndidi at World Cup, ANC but they want him out for Aribo just because of 1 game. Anyway, all 3 of them can play at the same time sha

Etebo. Ndidi. Aribo

Iwobi

Chukwueze.
Osimehn
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:Etebo eas even better than their king Ndidi at World Cup, ANC but they want him out for Aribo just because of 1 game. Anyway, all 3 of them can play at the same time sha

Etebo. Ndidi. Aribo

Iwobi

Chukwueze.
Osimehn
Why do you always say things like this?
Are you not a fan of your national team players?
If fans want a player out its their prerogative. They are fans, just like you.

You talk about Etebo being our "best midfielder" at AFCON and use it to justify his position but when we show how your Emir Ahmed Musa was the worst attacker at AFCON you disregard the evidence and STILL insist he should be a starter.

Can you see the problem here? :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Etebo is a fighter but alas, he lacks the class to cut it at the highest level, which is why nobody has tried to buy him from Stoke City. He loses the ball too often and against quality opposition, if you do that, you will be punished severely.

This season, Etebo has arguably been Stoke City's best player and I love his tenacity as he fights for every ball but alas, when the counter attack is on, Etebo cannot find a team mate. Nine times out of 10, he ends up giving the ball back to the opposition.

In contrast, both Ndidi and Aribo can keep the ball. Having said that, we still need a passer in that midfield of the calibre of Mikel and Oliseh, who can deliver a crossfield ball on a six pence!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

doc I'm saying it because I don't like biased criticism. the way people pick on unfavorable players is what get me upset. as for Musa, he is a striker being played at the wings dik what else to add
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Etebo is a fighter but alas, he lacks the class to cut it at the highest level, which is why nobody has tried to buy him from Stoke City. He loses the ball too often and against quality opposition, if you do that, you will be punished severely.

This season, Etebo has arguably been Stoke City's best player and I love his tenacity as he fights for every ball but alas, when the counter attack is on, Etebo cannot find a team mate. Nine times out of 10, he ends up giving the ball back to the opposition.

In contrast, both Ndidi and Aribo can keep the ball. Having said that, we still need a passer in that midfield of the calibre of Mikel and Oliseh, who can deliver a crossfield ball on a six pence!
Ayo

most things you say are always the opposite .when u say keep the ball or ball carriers , is that what they really do in their clubs? Because when you watch them in there clubs they both break plays and pass to the ball carriers . Etebo breaks plays and controls play Howe er Ndidi and Aribo are both of the same type difference is aribo has more pace to recover.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I hope this argument ends here and now. Our best midfield trio is Ndidi, Aribo and Iwobi. Anyone arguing for anything else is just being a saboteur!

It is unpatriotic or even treasonable to think of altering that arrangement. It is blatant vandalism!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Aribo is a freaking quality class player..my goodness, I am super impressed
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The guy is class but he is a completely different player to Etebo. Anyway it is awesome to have him in the mix.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:Etebo was our best CM vs Ukraine and is having a great season so far, Aribo is a good backup but Etebo is a beast. I dunno when we will stop this campaign against him, he was our best midfielder at the WC, best midfielder at ANC, but some newcomer is just gonna take his spot?
Brah, sorry but this guy is a complete midfielder. Bobo nah automatic starter henceforth. Love his energy and keeping it simple. Guys reminds me of Steven Gerald
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I hope this argument ends here and now. Our best midfield trio is Ndidi, Aribo and Iwobi. Anyone arguing for anything else is just being a saboteur!

It is unpatriotic or even treasonable to think of altering that arrangement. It is blatant vandalism!
Please remove Iwobi from the equation.
I am happy
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Dude is our best player by a country mile
airwolex wrote:The guy is class but he is a completely different player to Etebo. Anyway it is awesome to have him in the mix.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I hope this argument ends here and now. Our best midfield trio is Ndidi, Aribo and Iwobi. Anyone arguing for anything else is just being a saboteur!

kpom.

Etebo will still play a key role, whenever there are injuries or suspensions, as well as to close out games.

Now we need to cap Ejaria and Eze and this team is set.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:

kpom.

Etebo will still play a key role, whenever there are injuries or suspensions, as well as to close out games.

Now we need to cap Ejaria and Eze and this team is set.
KPOM, we are one or two legit CAM's away from a complete team.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

I am genuinely surprised with how quickly he has taken to this level. I watched him at Charlton (League One) just some months back and whilst he clearly had ability and was performing extremely well. I was skeptical as to whether he could emulate those performances at a higher level. He has looked very good playing for the SE so far.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

nanijoe wrote:Dude is our best player by a country mile
airwolex wrote:The guy is class but he is a completely different player to Etebo. Anyway it is awesome to have him in the mix.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He is very physical and appears to have good stamina. He is a solid two way midfielder who can move the ball forward. He is a very different player from Etebo who is great at being the outlet to distribute the ball. I am not convinced Aribo cab play Etebo’s role but based on what I saw today, his play was such that he is in contention for a staring role. It’s definitely a good problem to have for Nigeria.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

YUJAM wrote:He is very physical and appears to have good stamina. He is a solid two way midfielder who can move the ball forward. He is a very different player from Etebo who is great at being the outlet to distribute the ball. I am not convinced Aribo cab play Etebo’s role but based on what I saw today, his play was such that he is in contention for a staring role. It’s definitely a good problem to have for Nigeria.
The goal was awesome. The move he had against Tiago Silva too. He definitely cannot do what Etebo does. Like you say, great problem to have. I hear he can play the number 10 and even second striker role as well.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yup it just gives Rohr more tactical options. Depends how he wants to play it. I can see it being a 4-3-3 with Oshiminen, Chikwuze and Musa or Iwobi with Etebo, Ndidi and Aribo in the middle.

airwolex wrote:
YUJAM wrote:He is very physical and appears to have good stamina. He is a solid two way midfielder who can move the ball forward. He is a very different player from Etebo who is great at being the outlet to distribute the ball. I am not convinced Aribo cab play Etebo’s role but based on what I saw today, his play was such that he is in contention for a staring role. It’s definitely a good problem to have for Nigeria.
The goal was awesome. The move he had against Tiago Silva too. He definitely cannot do what Etebo does. Like you say, great problem to have. I hear he can play the number 10 and even second striker role as well.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Aribo is a freaking quality class player..my goodness, I am super impressed
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Who discovered him?
Who?
Say it! Say it!!!!!!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Aribo is a freaking quality class player..my goodness, I am super impressed
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Who discovered him?
Who?
Say it! Say it!!!!!!
You too like trouble...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Etebo is not better than Ndidi or Aribo.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx