The making of Aribo....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The making of Aribo....

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Etebo was our best CM vs Ukraine and is having a great season so far, Aribo is a good backup but Etebo is a beast. I dunno when we will stop this campaign against him, he was our best midfielder at the WC, best midfielder at ANC, but some newcomer is just gonna take his spot?
And you were saying.... :roll: ?
That Etebo is good, has that suddenly changed because we are seeing the emergence of another good midfielder?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Aribo get stamina, no be small! There was a ball he won back towards the end of the game that Ndidi appeared to have given up on as he was tired.
I am happy
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Aribo is good, quite possibly current SE best player. But Etebo is needed if not for anything for his free kick ability. His free kick against South Africa, reminds of Okocha’s 2004 free kick against Cameroon.
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Aribo is good, quite possibly current SE best player. But Etebo is needed if not for anything for his free kick ability. His free kick against South Africa, reminds of Okocha’s 2004 free kick against Cameroon.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Aribo is a freaking quality class player..my goodness, I am super impressed
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Who discovered him?
Who?
Say it! Say it!!!!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:bump: :bump:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Elexus wrote:Aribo is good, quite possibly current SE best player. But Etebo is needed if not for anything for his free kick ability. His free kick against South Africa, reminds of Okocha’s 2004 free kick against Cameroon.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Not even close.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Aribo is a freaking quality class player..my goodness, I am super impressed
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Who discovered him?
Who?
Say it! Say it!!!!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
**** :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

He's a good scorer and times his runs well, that's for sure.

I am worried about his play in midfield though, ball distribution, tackling, positioning, control of the game...don't think it's at that elite level yet.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enyi wrote:Since Rohr is here to learn, that translates to defend for your life and play dull alar Croatia....

I am more interested to see how Aribo does with Ndidi beside him and against strong opposition. This could be the game that cements his place in the side and relegates Etebo to the bench or vice versa.
After Aribo’s performance vs Brazil this your post is getting closer to reality. Ukraine is one this but Brazil is just about as good as it gets or there about. In both things he’s gone above and beyond from etebo’s contributions. That said it’s still early days but he’s on the right path towards being a regular starter for the SE.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
Enyi wrote:Since Rohr is here to learn, that translates to defend for your life and play dull alar Croatia....

I am more interested to see how Aribo does with Ndidi beside him and against strong opposition. This could be the game that cements his place in the side and relegates Etebo to the bench or vice versa.
After Aribo’s performance vs Brazil this your post is getting closer to reality. Ukraine is one this but Brazil is just about as good as it gets or there about. In both things he’s gone above and beyond from etebo’s contributions. That said it’s still early days but he’s on the right path towards being a regular starter for the SE.
:thumbs: Rohr is gonna have a serious selection headache which is a real positive for the team as we were almost bare after ANC losing Mikel and Ogu.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Aribo developing under the wings of Steven Gerrard at Glasgow Rangers is a major blessing. Aribo seems to have that positioning and impact thing that was the hallmark of Stevie G.

Rangers are under pressure to snatch the scottish championship from long reigning Celtic this year, which means Aribo will have to keep delivering some serious performances.

Long may his rapid development continue.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Not the most important, but I am not comfortable with him wearing the number 10 shirt. In our "culture," that shirt is heavy. Its a gift. its something that is earned. He shouldnt just walk in and pick it up.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
walesvilla
Egg
Egg
Re: Aribo is scoring against Brazil

Post by walesvilla »

vancity eagle wrote:I will take Aribo over Abraham any day.

In fact if we get Ejaria and Eze those will also be a better acquisition than Abraham IMO.

Let Abraham get his customary 2 or 3 minutes at the end of each game.
wow if we can get those 2 now - super eagles is done and finally cooked for me.

another top striker and CB defender -

wcup 2022 final here we come
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:Not the most important, but I am not comfortable with him wearing the number 10 shirt. In our "culture," that shirt is heavy. Its a gift. its something that is earned. He shouldnt just walk in and pick it up.
Blame Iwobi for not having the balls to pick up the 10 jersey with all man in naija waiting and expecting him to pick it up with confido. Aribo has jumped into the shirt and scored 2 goals from 2 games. Now fear will not gree anyone to ask him for the shirt given his current form while wearing 10 :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Not the most important, but I am not comfortable with him wearing the number 10 shirt. In our "culture," that shirt is heavy. Its a gift. its something that is earned. He shouldnt just walk in and pick it up.
Blame Iwobi for not having the balls to pick up the 10 jersey with all man in naija waiting and expecting him to pick it up with confido. Aribo has jumped into the shirt and scored 2 goals from 2 games. Now fear will not gree anyone to ask him for the shirt given his current form while wearing 10 :rotf:
Finally we are getting a good player wearing a number that had been inappropriately kidnapped as soon as JJ put it down and you guys are complaining? I guess you guys didn't mind when the previous owner couldn't even get PT at our last tournament, basically wasting the number....tufiakwa! :curse:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

walesvilla wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I will take Aribo over Abraham any day.

In fact if we get Ejaria and Eze those will also be a better acquisition than Abraham IMO.

Let Abraham get his customary 2 or 3 minutes at the end of each game.
wow if we can get those 2 now - super eagles is done and finally cooked for me.

another top striker and CB defender -

wcup 2022 final here we come
with Rohr as coach.....you are coming nowhere.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

maceo4 wrote:
Enyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Etebo was our best CM vs Ukraine and is having a great season so far, Aribo is a good backup but Etebo is a beast. I dunno when we will stop this campaign against him, he was our best midfielder at the WC, best midfielder at ANC, but some newcomer is just gonna take his spot?
And you were saying.... :roll: ?
That Etebo is good, has that suddenly changed because we are seeing the emergence of another good midfielder?

Thats not what your statement meant...but who cares..

Etebo is good but wont start before Aribo, shirt is Aribos and only him can lose it now.....Etebo needs to leave stoke to be taken seriously...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Finally we are getting a good player wearing a number that had been inappropriately kidnapped as soon as JJ put it down and you guys are complaining? I guess you guys didn't mind when the previous owner couldn't even get PT at our last tournament, basically wasting the number....tufiakwa! :curse:

Bigiponkey, Mikel4wife, somebody is looking for your trouble O!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

if Arsenal know what is good for them, they should sign Aribo to replace Ozil+Xhaka
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Other than Okocha and maybe Nwosu (who both got the number at 20) which ICONIC player wore it for Nigeria?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
No one actually cares about your opinion. #derision
west33637
Egg
Egg

Post by west33637 »

Enyi wrote:
Cito wrote:
Enyi wrote:Iwobi will play better under an attacking coach....Rohr is not it. It never occurred to him that we might win....he thinks , Like John12, that this team is average.

SE needs a coach that believes in them like Keshi, Siasia but can also leave the poor management, ego and bribery temptations on the side like Rohr
Offense or defensive formation did not prevent him from shielding his ball better, making the right passes, losing the ball and having the awareness of a 5 year old in some cases. He was the absolute worst player on that pitch today and no formation led to his diabolical play.
Now think...what wrong with Ozil at Arsenal? He doesn’t care? He is not talented? Or it just a shiiiit team? Or maybe Ozil don’t fit in Emery’s plan?

Now replace Ozil with Iwobi or anyone that ever played AM for the SE in that sentence and Arsenal for SE.

Mba looks more talented now than Iwobi, is it because he is or is it becos Keshi played good his strengths?

Iwobi is the centre of the team and the SE should be built around him or find someone else but I can guarantee you that whoever that is will find same fate.

Do u think that if Iwobi had 3-4 options to pass the ball to he wouldn’t? What is he shielding the ball from monsters? When is football about shielding the ball? How many times did Neymar with all his talent shield the ball?....

Am busy to continue this lesson....

I said this was Aribo’s match and he pulled it off despite some ppl here telling me that he was average and my judgement is based on one game....lol

I do this for a living not an arm chair coach throwing worthless insults.
we need a like button in this forum. This analysis is spot on. Where is the movement? Where are the outlets? Iwobi is a creative AM. He is the creative attacking link of our team. His job is not to hold up play. His job is to spring our attack. To open up the opponent. When he's receiving the ball and there is no movement or attacking intent around him, it does not play to his strength. He needs attacking options. The game was too conservative and defensive and he was left to do too much. We will never win anything with that kind of football. Play to his strengths.