BUL (0) ENG (6) - Match could be abandoned!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: BUL (0) ENG (6) - Match could be abandoned!

Post by Sleaky72 »

charlie wrote:Mr. Sleazy

Take your patronizing tone and shove it up your rectum. I dont care about you or english football. I came to express my frustration about continous racism in football.

If you dont like what I have to say you dont have to read my posts, which shouldn't be too difficult for you anyway given your ability to comprehend simple english.

Now leave me alone and I will do likewise.
Awww I’m so hurt. Considering U brought ur drama 2 my post which didn’t reference U, I’m left wondering whether you need professional help. Since u also referenced your issues of PMS, it’s quite clear it’s ur time of the bloody month!!!. How can u bring drama and then ask the person you brought your stink to ... 2 then leave u alone? U ok? Nah u crazy as hell!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Very pleased to read this statement from Greg Clarke, FA chairman.
“I would like to see a very stringent review by Uefa. I know they take racism very, very seriously. If we say we’ve got zero tolerance for racism, then one person making money chants is the same as a hundred. To be perfectly frank, we also need to address racism in England. We have it throughout the pyramid. We shouldn’t take the moral high ground; we should join a movement to drive it out of the game.
It's not enough to talk though. What are you going to propose concretely as solutions to this problem in Europe and the UK?
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BUL (0) ENG (4) - Match could be abandoned!

Post by The YeyeMan »

charlie wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Barnes has been so colomentalized, he cant tell his arse from his elbows.

It's one thing creating a hostile environment, it's another using racist calls and chants.

Bulgaria FA must be punished regardless of the result, otherwise Eufa are enabling racism in football.
I should point out that the tweet is a parody and not an actual quote. :!:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

OK now this one below is not a parody, this is John Barnes at his finest :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BUL (0) ENG (4) - Match could be abandoned!

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Kai! Pa Jimoh don put on weight o
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Na wa o! Tammy no play? Even without Vardy and Lingard dem? Odiegwu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

How many minutes did tammy and tomatoes play vs Czech and Bulgaria? Whereas Aribo is scoring against 5 times world cup champions
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote:OK now this one below is not a parody, this is John Barnes at his finest :rotf:
It's sad to see such a great man appease whoever pays him with nonsense like this. Sad
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

charlie wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:Slavs being racists? Oh the irony :twisted:
They are not all racist. Visited Montenegro a year ago. Some of the nicest unassuming people I have ever met.

Every society has their extremist, but if the Bulgarian FA refuse to weed them out, then they must be punished severely until they choose to do so.

Btw, in the interest of full disclosure, #$%$ England. Up Scotland!
:thumbs:
Yay now there are two Scotland fans on the forum and I'm no longer alone. Are you in Scotland chief?

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Samora Machel wrote:
charlie wrote:
They are not all racist. Visited Montenegro a year ago. Some of the nicest unassuming people I have ever met.

Every society has their extremist, but if the Bulgarian FA refuse to weed them out, then they must be punished severely until they choose to do so.

Yay now there are two Scotland fans on the forum and I'm no longer alone. Are you in Scotland chief?
Not recently chief. I was a resident Dubliner and then Glaswegian in the late 90s, so especially as a Nigerian, I had grown up cultivating a healthy dislike for English colonial mentality. Scots are some of the best and funniest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

charlie wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
charlie wrote:

Not recently chief. I was a resident Dubliner and then Glaswegian in the late 90s, so especially as a Nigerian, I had grown up cultivating a healthy dislike for English colonial mentality. Scots are some of the best and funniest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
True dat. Especially the funny part - jokes spoken with that drunken accent. :lol: :lol:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Uefa charges Bulgaria and England over behaviour in Euro 2020 qualifier
- BFU charged over fans’ racist chants and Nazi salutes
- FA charged over anthem disruption and stewarding
- Aleksander Ceferin demands ‘war’ on discrimination

Ed Aarons in Sofia, Simon Murphy and Rowena Mason

Tue 15 Oct 2019 17.07 BSTFirst published on Tue 15 Oct 2019 08.58 BST
Shares
1:44
Bulgaria v England: 'One of the most appalling nights in football' – video report

Uefa has charged the Bulgarian football union over the racist behaviour of its fans at Monday’s Euro 2020 qualifier against England. The Football Association is also facing sanctions after being charged for the disruption of the Bulgarian national anthem by England supporters and for having an insufficient number of travelling stewards.

On a lengthy Uefa charge sheet the most significant aspect was the reference to chants and Nazi salutes by Bulgaria fans. However both national associations were also charged over the disruption of national anthems and among the other charges was one for the BFU relating to the throwing of objects from the stands.

The move came as Uefa’s president, Aleksander Ceferin, defended its punishments for racism as “among the toughest in sport” and called on for a “war” on discrimination after the game in Sofia was twice halted because of persistent racial abuse from home supporters.

Bulgarian football president to resign after racist abuse in England game
Read more
Ceferin said the help of governments and the whole “football family” was required to tackle racism on the day Downing Street accused Uefa of not dealing adequately with the problem and called for strong action against the BFU, whose president, Borislav Mihaylov, resigned on Tuesday.

With the anti-racism charity Kick It Out leading calls for Uefa to consider excluding teams from major tournaments to tackle discrimination, it remains to be seen whether the governing body will go further than ordering Bulgaria to play their next home game behind closed doors. That was Montenegro’s punishment after England’s players endured similar racial abuse during the qualifier in Podgorica in March. No date has been set for hearing the charges relating to Monday night.

“Believe me, Uefa is committed to doing everything it can to eliminate this disease from football,” Ceferin told the Associated Press. “We cannot afford to be content with this. We must always strive to strengthen our resolve. More broadly, the football family – everyone from administrators to players, coaches and fans – needs to work with governments and NGOs to wage war on the racists and to marginalise their abhorrent views to the fringes of society.”

Ceferin added: “Football associations themselves cannot solve this problem. Governments too need to do more in this area.”

A section of the Vasil Levski Stadium in Sofia was closed on Monday after Uefa imposed sanctions over racist incidents during Bulgaria’s qualifiers against Kosovo and the Czech Republic in June, and the punishment is also due to cover the home game against the Czech Republic next month.

“Uefa’s sanctions are among the toughest in sport for clubs and associations whose supporters are racist at our matches,” Ceferin said. “The minimum sanction is a partial closure of the stadium a move which costs the hosts at least hundreds of thousands in lost revenue and attaches a stigma to their supporters.”

In a further defence of his organisation’s approach, Ceferin said: “Some of the views expressed about Uefa’s approach to fighting racism have been a long way off the mark.”

The Football Association chairman, Greg Clarke, has called for authorities to show “zero tolerance”.

Downing Street said Nigel Adams, the sports minister, was to write to Uefa to demand immediate action. The prime minister’s official spokesman said: “The racism we saw and heard last night was vile and has no place in football or anywhere else. The England players and management showed tremendous dignity. The prime minister commends the players who were targeted for this despicable abuse for their response. Uefa need to face up to facts. This stain on football is not being adequately dealt with.

“Racism and discrimination must be driven out of football once and for all. We support the FA’s calls for an investigation with tough penalties to follow. We are writing to Uefa today to ask for this to be conducted swiftly.”

England’s Tyrone Mings stands tall with composure off and on the pitch
Read more
In the House of Commons, Rosena Allin-Khan, the shadow sports minister, said:

“Uefa has a duty to act here, the world is watching. A fine is not enough, so I am asking our government to ensure that we are backing up the FA to seek the harshest possible punishment. Stadium bans are a must, forfeiting matches and expulsion from tournaments must not be ruled out.”

The anti-discrimination group Fare has said it will help Uefa build a “legally safe” case to prosecute Bulgaria.

Kick It Out’s chief executive, Roisin Wood, said: “I think there has to be a massively thorough investigation. The fines from Uefa we don’t think are enough. There have to be serious steps now, and that should include looking at expulsion or not letting people enter tournaments, because there has to be a clear message. This is 2019. These are professional players going out to play. You would never expect to get this in your workplace so why should professional players get it in theirs?”

The Bulgaria goalkeeper Plamen Iliev said the home fans had “behaved well” and that Gareth Southgate’s players “overreacted a bit”. He said: “If I am honest, I believe they [the fans] behaved well today. There wasn’t any abuse [as far as I could hear] and I think they [the England players] overreacted a bit. The public was on a good level – I didn’t hear any bad language used towards their or our players.”

Bulgaria’s manager, Krasimir Balakov, has faced criticism for claiming in post-match interviews that he did not hear any racist chanting. One English football reporter, Simon Peach of Press Association, wrote on Twitter: “A few locals tutted when I asked a follow-up question about whether he was surprised the match was halted given he was unaware of any racism.”

Another English journalist at the game, Kaveh Solhekol, reported that Gareth Southgate’s post-match press conference was interrupted by a Bulgarian journalist “convinced racism at the game was not as bad as we witnessed”.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ia-england
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Big props to the Bulgarian PM!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...did the Bulgarian PM sack their football chief because of racist chants or because of the huge embarrassing lost at home?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

charlie wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
charlie wrote:

Nice one. Scots are good people unlike the pompous English