With the inconsistency of Iwobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: With the inconsistency of Iwobi

Post by Lolly »

Cito wrote:In this game Iwobi was awful. Simple!

Does that make him a bad player? No. He just wasn’t at the races most of the game.

The coach should have pulled him after the first 45 as he was a gear or 2 below the standard acceptable for his role in the game.
Iwobi needs to get a fitness coach to work with him. He is just too lightweight hence why its easy to get the ball off him and he doesn't shield the ball very well. And his stamina is not very good for the position we are asking him to play. I am also beginning to suspect the Everton move could end up being a mistake. The team are currently low on confidence and it might affect Iwobi's game too.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Ebere is another box-to-box midfielder like Aribo. If he joins the team, they will be fighting for the same shirt alongside Ndidi in front of the defence.

For now, Iwobi is the only playmaker we have. I hope some of you can see why I am so fixated on Nwakali. Just imagine where we would be if Iwobi and Nwakali were playing at the same level and fighting it out for the playmakers shirt!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Ebere is another box-to-box midfielder like Aribo. If he joins the team, they will be fighting for the same shirt alongside Ndidi in front of the defence.

For now, Iwobi is the only playmaker we have. I hope some of you can see why I am so fixated on Nwakali. Just imagine where we would be if Iwobi and Nwakali were playing at the same level and fighting it out for the playmakers shirt!
One day you will come back to reality :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

who said you can't have 3 box to box midfielders??
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:who said you can't have 3 box to box midfielders??
A playmaker gives you an added attacking option. A World Cup winning team needs several options upfront. Ideally we need:

[1] A targetman who can hold the ball up and bring team mates in
[2] Box-to-box midfielders who can score from midfield
[3] A playmaker who can open up defences with flicks and tricks
[4] Pacy wide forwards like Kalu and Chukwueze
[5] Fullbacks who can whip in crosses
[6] Centrebacks good at set pieces who score from freekicks and corners
[7] A natural goalscorer, which Osimhen is on the way to becoming
[8] A passer like Oliseh and Mikel who can deliver crossfield balls
[9] A goalkeeper with a good kick who can set up goals using that is known as "Route One"
[10] An anchorman who shoots from distance. Remember that France 98 goal against Spain?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

you can have 3 powerful box to box midfielders and see boss your midfield like the ghanaians did with Essien, Muntari and appiah era because there's no way iwobi performance against Brazil would be tolerated. it's his lackadaisical and laziness attitude that even got me offended the most. 3 powerful box to box midfielders will make your midfield strong, energetic and powerful
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:you can have 3 powerful box to box midfielders and see boss your midfield like the ghanaians did with Essien, Muntari and appiah era because there's no way iwobi performance against Brazil would be tolerated. it's his lackadaisical and laziness attitude that even got me offended the most. 3 powerful box to box midfielders will make your midfield strong, energetic and powerful
Appiah was their playmaker!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Personally, Iwobi is overrated. Nigerians expect him to be the JJ of this time. Truth is he can't.....He is an average player. I can't wait to see Eberechi Ezeh donning the number 10 shirt for Super Eagles.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Cito wrote:In this game Iwobi was awful. Simple!

Does that make him a bad player? No. He just wasn’t at the races most of the game.

The coach should have pulled him after the first 45 as he was a gear or 2 below the standard acceptable for his role in the game.
Iwobi was awful in this game? Awful? What game do you fellows watch? I just can't believe what I read on this forum sometimes. How anyone can say Iwobi was awful with a straight face is just...anyways I tire.

May I suggest you and those with your same opinion go watch this game again?

Some people have made up their minds about Alex, and they simply regurgitate same opinion game after game. Watch during the game, its the same. Any single mistake by Alex gets called out, but you never read or hear that about the 'favorites'. Iwobi plays the position that requires taking risks and there are bound to be turnovers when that happens. This young man works his socks off every game, always moving the ball forward, sniffing out opportunities to create scoring chances, and not being afraid to shoot when he can. Yet for some reason, some people will criticize him every single time.

It is what it is with Iwobi. Glad Rohr and his team mates know his value. Nonsense.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Iwobi played fine in this game. His problem is that everyone will keep comparing him with his uncle JJ so he will never be good enough unless he lights the place up with world class brilliance.

I would put Ndidi and Iwobi on a par for instance against Brazil but nobody has criticised Ndidi so far. Did Chukwueze and Simon play better than Iwobi? I doubt it.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

iworo wrote:Personally, Iwobi is overrated. Nigerians expect him to be the JJ of this time. Truth is he can't.....He is an average player. I can't wait to see Eberechi Ezeh donning the number 10 shirt for Super Eagles.
I wonder how many people actually watched the game critically. Our best pass in that game came from Iwobi when he put Osimhen through with a lovely ball around the 12th minute, forcing a great save from the Brazilian goalkeeper.