Bulgaria PM called for BFU boss to resign - No FIFA ban???

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
iworo
Egg
Egg
Bulgaria PM called for BFU boss to resign - No FIFA ban???

Post by iworo »

FIFA insists that governments shouldn't interfere in soccer affairs, right? We are seeing a double standard applied by Infantino here. Why the double standard when it comes to Afican countries? Is my reasoning not clear or am I missing something here?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50054475
Earlier on Tuesday, the Bulgaria prime minister "strongly condemned" the fans' behaviour and called for Mihaylov to resign "immediately".

"After yesterday's shameful loss of the Bulgarian National Team and given the bad results of our football, I ordered to end any relationship with BFU, including financial, until the withdrawal of Borislav Mihaylov from the post," he added.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... story.html
In his post, Borissov also called for Mihailov to resign because of the team’s poor results. He said he ordered sports minister Krasen Kralev to terminate any relations with Mihailov until he quits.

Zapryanov, however, at first said Mihailov would not step down. The resignation announcement came a short time later.

Not long after that, more than 50 uniformed police entered the federation offices, according to local media.

Bulgaria is last in its Euro 2020 qualifying group but will have a second chance to advance through playoffs in March.

Mihailov played in England after the 1994 World Cup and later was elected to the UEFA executive committee for eight years until February.

FIFA has rules protecting soccer federations from government interference, including suspension as a possible punishment.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bulgaria PM called for BFU boss to resign - No FIFA ban?

Post by danfo driver »

Dude! Let it go! Tammy Abraham is NOT an Eagle.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Haba it just happened yesterday abi? Give them a chance to act.

The BFU boss resigned. E be like sey dat dia president get ties to mafia too.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

metalalloy wrote:Haba it just happened yesterday abi? Give them a chance to act.

The BFU boss resigned. E be like sey dat dia president get ties to mafia too.
:) :) We go see my brother.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...did he resign because of huge embarrassing lost at home or the racist chant from their fans? Smokes screen I see.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

iworo wrote:FIFA insists that governments shouldn't interfere in soccer affairs, right? We are seeing a double standard applied by Infantino here. Why the double standard when it comes to Afican countries? Is my reasoning not clear or am I missing something here?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50054475
Earlier on Tuesday, the Bulgaria prime minister "strongly condemned" the fans' behaviour and called for Mihaylov to resign "immediately".

"After yesterday's shameful loss of the Bulgarian National Team and given the bad results of our football, I ordered to end any relationship with BFU, including financial, until the withdrawal of Borislav Mihaylov from the post," he added.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... story.html
In his post, Borissov also called for Mihailov to resign because of the team’s poor results. He said he ordered sports minister Krasen Kralev to terminate any relations with Mihailov until he quits.

Zapryanov, however, at first said Mihailov would not step down. The resignation announcement came a short time later.

Not long after that, more than 50 uniformed police entered the federation offices, according to local media.

Bulgaria is last in its Euro 2020 qualifying group but will have a second chance to advance through playoffs in March.

Mihailov played in England after the 1994 World Cup and later was elected to the UEFA executive committee for eight years until February.

FIFA has rules protecting soccer federations from government interference, including suspension as a possible punishment.
Valid point you raised here! i am expecting FIFA to throw the hammer on the Bulgarians for interfering but i think not, it is embarrassing what the fans did, FIFA are scared to act because of their, the day players start walking off the pitch, they will surely act
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Spot the difference:

- Dissolve FA and fire the FA President

- Call on the FA President to resign
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp