Chukwueze: Madrid & Barca's low cost alternative to replace.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chukwueze: Madrid & Barca's low cost alternative to repl

Post by deanotito »

felarey wrote:
deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:Chukwueze should be allowed to develop nicely. What he needs is a manager that would guide him and give him the opportunity. The only thing a big club will offer him now is a successful team. It's important his team continues to be successful while he's developing especially given his game at this point is fantasy and frustration in equal measure. He still needs other ways of hurting a team apart from running and dribbling e.g freekicks.
You think Gabriel Jesus and Rashford would have been better off developing in Palmeiras and Southampton respectively? Look, no one knows where the best spot for a player is. We are not God. What I do know is that young south americans and europeans are snapped up by the biggest clubs as quickly as they can do so....but generally, not young Nigerians. We win the U17s/U20s and the people we beat start getting big transfers to european teams, while our best players are sent to Porto B team. Can anyone say Nwakali was not one of the brightest talents coming out of the age-group tournaments? He dwarfed people who are now in the biggest clubs....You may want to blame it on him and his play, but I TOTALLY DISAGREE. I've seen this movie far too many times to buy that. There is just some bias against these boys.

If Barca is looking for a right sided winger, BY ALL MEANS, I hope they go for Chukwueze. Why not?
Nothing wrong in going to a big club, but for a young phenom, you need a manager that's willing to guide and play you because the spotlight will be on your every move but it helps if people know you have the backing of the manager. It's what Fergie did for a young C. Ronaldo. Nacho had it with Pellegrini but didn't with Pep and subsequent Leciester bosses after the one that bought him got fired.
One thing I know....the world of soccer is extremely unpredictable. You can lose that your manager that is guiding you at your small club, and the new one may come there and have no time for hand-holding, on his quest for results....and then bench you. Now what are you? A bench warmer at Real Betis when you could have been in Barca????

I just don't buy all this 'let him stay at the small club so he can develop bizness'. Strike when the iron is hot. The only time I would advise against a big club move is if I honestly believed there were several players competing for your position who had better quality than you do. But the word is Barca are on the hunt for a right-sided winger....they have a vacancy there.....Why would I advise Chukwueze not to move there?? Why?? He's got what it takes
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:Chukwueze should be allowed to develop nicely. What he needs is a manager that would guide him and give him the opportunity. The only thing a big club will offer him now is a successful team. It's important his team continues to be successful while he's developing especially given his game at this point is fantasy and frustration in equal measure. He still needs other ways of hurting a team apart from running and dribbling e.g freekicks.
You think Gabriel Jesus and Rashford would have been better off developing in Palmeiras and Southampton respectively? Look, no one knows where the best spot for a player is. We are not God. What I do know is that young south americans and europeans are snapped up by the biggest clubs as quickly as they can do so....but generally, not young Nigerians. We win the U17s/U20s and the people we beat start getting big transfers to european teams, while our best players are sent to Porto B team. Can anyone say Nwakali was not one of the brightest talents coming out of the age-group tournaments? He dwarfed people who are now in the biggest clubs....You may want to blame it on him and his play, but I TOTALLY DISAGREE. I've seen this movie far too many times to buy that. There is just some bias against these boys.

If Barca is looking for a right sided winger, BY ALL MEANS, I hope they go for Chukwueze. Why not?
Nothing wrong in going to a big club, but for a young phenom, you need a manager that's willing to guide and play you because the spotlight will be on your every move but it helps if people know you have the backing of the manager. It's what Fergie did for a young C. Ronaldo. Nacho had it with Pellegrini but didn't with Pep and subsequent Leciester bosses after the one that bought him got fired.
One thing I know....the world of soccer is extremely unpredictable. You can lose that your manager that is guiding you at your small club, and the new one may come there and have no time for hand-holding, on his quest for results....and then bench you. Now what are you? A bench warmer at Real Betis when you could have been in Barca????

I just don't buy all this 'let him stay at the small club so he can develop bizness'. Strike when the iron is hot. The only time I would advise against a big club move is if I honestly believed there were several players competing for your position who had better quality than you do. But the word is Barca are on the hunt for a right-sided winger....they have a vacancy there.....Why would I advise Chukwueze not to move there?? Why?? He's got what it takes
This is why I said a successful team is needed. Big clubs tend to guarantee this. A manager on a sinking ship is good for no one.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Nigerian players generally do not develop the rest of their game. They stagnate when the money flows in. Those African players that do are rewarded. Look at how Mane, Salah refined their game and are playing at the top level.

Chukwueze is very young and should take a tip from players like Etoo. Etoo was raw at Mallorca and relied on speed but developed his shooting and positioning to become a lethal striker. Chukwueze has to do the same and work on his movement off the ball and his striking of the ball.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

danfo driver wrote:Speaking of Osimehn!

Just imagine if we heard he was going to Lille 1 year before the transfer took place. Many here would have screamed! They would have told him to sit down in belgium and be "learning the trade." They will claim he is too young and not ready! That Leao, who is failing in Milan, will be the starter and old man Remy will be playing, while Osimehn will struggle to get on the team bus! They will cry and cry and twerk and tell us how Osimehn needs to buff up and his attitude problem that the sick demented German **** fabricated will prohibit him from . starting for Lille.

Look at Osimehn today!

Tufia! God forbid! Say no to loser mentality and the mentality of 'we are never good enough!"

Chukwueze! if you are reading this, WHEN (NOT IF) Barca and Madrid come! TAKE THE FOOKING OPPORTUNITY! TAKE IT! They dont have 2 heads there! they are humans like you.
Lille is no Barca, Madrid, Manchester City. They are on the same level as Porto, which many of our fans prefer our young Nigerian talent to go to develop their game.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
deanotito wrote:

I think if the Barca’s are a real option for these boys they should take it, but none of them put in offers for any of our boys this offseason. To me that’s because our best boys are about 1 or two seasons away from such a move. I’m definitely not saying don’t make those moves if available that would be defeatist, but are those moves actually available to our boys?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Synopsis wrote:

Just imagine if we heard he was going to Lille 1 year before the transfer took place. Many here would have screamed! They would have told him to sit down in belgium and be "learning the trade." They will claim he is too young and not ready! That Leao, who is failing in Milan, will be the starter and old man Remy will be playing, while Osimehn will struggle to get on the team bus! They will cry and cry and twerk and tell us how Osimehn needs to buff up and his attitude problem that the sick demented German **** fabricated will prohibit him from . starting for Lille.

Look at Osimehn today!

Tufia! God forbid! Say no to loser mentality and the mentality of 'we are never good enough!"

Chukwueze! if you are reading this, WHEN (NOT IF) Barca and Madrid come! TAKE THE FOOKING OPPORTUNITY! TAKE IT! They dont have 2 heads there! they are humans like you.
Lille is no Barca, Madrid, Manchester City. They are on the same level as Porto, which many of our fans prefer our young Nigerian talent to go to develop their game.
Are you saying that if Osimehn had been linked to Lille last year, Lille that finished 2nd in the league, you guys would have encouraged the move? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: abeg stop telling lies! We know your kind. You guys want our players to die and be buried in backwater leagues and sh1t clubs!

Ndidi is the BEST DM in the league and many Nigerians still think he should rot in leicester for the next 3 years. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

danfo driver wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Look at Osimehn today!

Are you saying that if Osimehn had been linked to Lille last year, Lille that finished 2nd in the league, you guys would have encouraged the move? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: abeg stop telling lies! We know your kind. You guys want our players to die and be buried in backwater leagues and sh1t clubs!

Ndidi is the BEST DM in the league and many Nigerians still think he should rot in leicester for the next 3 years. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yes. Lille is not the type of club that gets big names often. Osimhen would have thrived last season. There wasn't much competition in the CF position. If a big club goes after Osimhen, I would encourage the move. Same with Ndidi.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Synopsis wrote: Yes. Lille is not the type of club that gets big names often. Osimhen would have thrived last season. There wasn't much competition in the CF position. If a big club goes after Osimhen, I would encourage the move. Same with Ndidi.

You are telling lies and there simply is no need to do so. You think you are speaking to someone who doesn't know football? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Last season, Lille had Pepe (Arsenal), Leao (Milan) and Loic Remy. And they ended up 2nd in the League.

I know for a fact that many of you would have cried had Osimehn dared to be linked to Lille. Afterall, you guys will remind us that he failed at Wolfsburg and has only been in Belgium for 1 year, so he should continue to learn his trade there,
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

DD is absolutely right. infact, some Nigerians still feel pep and man city are responsible for Iheanacho downfall now at Leicester while some are even blaming Mourinho for Mikel performance. my own is that if a bug club come for you, Sign for them. las las, you fail and transfer to another big club or midrated team in a big league. as long as you keep improving, working on yourself and dont be lazy you will be fine. why should I refuse 100k a week offer to 25k a week offer just because my manager likes me. fork all that likeness $#% let's be professional like C ronaldo
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

danfo driver wrote:
Synopsis wrote: Yes. Lille is not the type of club that gets big names often. Osimhen would have thrived last season. There wasn't much competition in the CF position. If a big club goes after Osimhen, I would encourage the move. Same with Ndidi.

You are telling lies and there simply is no need to do so. You think you are speaking to someone who doesn't know football? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Last season, Lille had Pepe (Arsenal), Leao (Milan) and Loic Remy. And they ended up 2nd in the League.

I know for a fact that many of you would have cried had Osimehn dared to be linked to Lille. Afterall, you guys will remind us that he failed at Wolfsburg and has only been in Belgium for 1 year, so he should continue to learn his trade there,
Pepe is not a CF. Lille is not a big club. The only club in Ligue 1 that I would not advise an inexperienced Nigerian to sign with is PSG.

I bet you were one of the people begging Iheanacho to sign with Manchester City instead of Porto. Look at how that turned out. Clubs like Manchester City don't have time to develop young players. They are always looking replace players with more expensive players. Inexperienced players usually rot on the bench... You think Sadio Mané's career would be the same if he went to Liverpool at 19?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

however, Chukwueze must have a tough skin to sign for Barca or real Madrid because their fans are absolutely ungrateful and despicable. look at how they treated Romaldo/bale/ronaldinho
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

synopsis how did iheanacho turn out? I hope you're not trying to blame man city for his present predicament? infact, he had his best period at football at man city thus far
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:DD is absolutely right. infact, some Nigerians still feel pep and man city are responsible for Iheanacho downfall now at Leicester while some are even blaming Mourinho for Mikel performance. my own is that if a bug club come for you, Sign for them. las las, you fail and transfer to another big club or midrated team in a big league. as long as you keep improving, working on yourself and dont be lazy you will be fine. why should I refuse 100k a week offer to 25k a week offer just because my manager likes me. fork all that likeness $#% let's be professional like C ronaldo
Bros if those clubs come for our players I doubt CE is where they’ll look for advice on what to do, so it’s a pretty pointless ‘point’ he’s trying to make. Bottom line is these clubs haven’t come from our players, the last one was Barca apparently approaching Ighalo which according to him he refused because of the terms of the deal...and if Samu was to pack his load and drive to Camp Nou to force a deal he’ll be the first to laugh at him like he did Osaze lol...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You are repeating yourself. Let me go through your post step by step, so you are fully aware where I stand because repeating yourself does not change the fact.
Synopsis wrote: Pepe is not a CF.
I agree.

Do you know what position he played at Lille?
Lille is not a big club.
I agree
The only club in Ligue 1 that I would not advise an inexperienced Nigerian to sign with is PSG.
Cool.
I bet you were one of the people begging Iheanacho to sign with Manchester City instead of Porto.
I dont know Iheanacho. I have never met him and i dont want to meet or speak to him.

Had he asked me whether he should join Porto over Man City, I'd have given him a dirty slap! No person with a brain will even contemplate such a move.

After all, Yahaya and Awaziem both chose Porto and we all see where their career has gone at Porto. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Clubs like Manchester City don't have time to develop young players.
Yet, Iheanacho was very competitive under Pellegrini and the likes of Sterling, Laporte, Jesus and Sane all went there with their one head and two legs.
They are always looking replace players with more expensive players.
Every big club is. That is why you raise your game and continue to do so every season! It will make you a world class player!

its the same in every work of life. If you work for the top hedge funds or law firms in the world, if you do not raise your game every year and bring in business, you will NOT make partner. You will be moved out like trash! Are you then going to advise your child to settle for a mcdonalds or walmart job after college, learn the ropes and then in 20 years try to get into the hedge funds or top law firms? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The kids who get into those hedge funds upon graduation, do they have 2 heads? Tufiakwa!

Inexperienced players usually rot on the bench...
This is a lie! Sh1t players rot on the bench! Inexperienced players who are fantastic talents and who bring their A game end up getting experience.

The truth is that if Chukwueze played for a small club somewhere and you guys heard Villareal wanted him, you guys would have cried and cried again and told us how he will rot on the bench and he will never play! Tufiakwa!
You think Sadio Mané's career would be the same if he went to Liverpool at 19?
It would be

1. the same
2. worse, or
3. better.

Do you know for a fact that he wouldnt have been a better player?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

danfo driver wrote:You are repeating yourself. Let me go through your post step by step, so you are fully aware where I stand because repeating yourself does not change the fact.
Synopsis wrote: Pepe is not a CF.
I agree.

Do you know what position he played at Lille?
Lille is not a big club.
I agree
The only club in Ligue 1 that I would not advise an inexperienced Nigerian to sign with is PSG.
Cool.
I bet you were one of the people begging Iheanacho to sign with Manchester City instead of Porto.
I dont know Iheanacho. I have never met him and i dont want to meet or speak to him.

Had he asked me whether he should join Porto over Man City, I'd have given him a dirty slap! No person with a brain will even contemplate such a move.

After all, Yahaya and Awaziem both chose Porto and we all see where their career has gone at Porto. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Clubs like Manchester City don't have time to develop young players.
Yet, Iheanacho was very competitive under Pellegrini and the likes of Sterling, Laporte, Jesus and Sane all went there with their one head and two legs.
They are always looking replace players with more expensive players.
Every big club is. That is why you raise your game and continue to do so every season! It will make you a world class player!

its the same in every work of life. If you work for the top hedge funds or law firms in the world, if you do not raise your game every year and bring in business, you will NOT make partner. You will be moved out like trash! Are you then going to advise your child to settle for a mcdonalds or walmart job after college, learn the ropes and then in 20 years try to get into the hedge funds or top law firms? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The kids who get into those hedge funds upon graduation, do they have 2 heads? Tufiakwa!

Inexperienced players usually rot on the bench...
This is a lie! Sh1t players rot on the bench! Inexperienced players who are fantastic talents and who bring their A game end up getting experience.

The truth is that if Chukwueze played for a small club somewhere and you guys heard Villareal wanted him, you guys would have cried and cried again and told us how he will rot on the bench and he will never play! Tufiakwa!
You think Sadio Mané's career would be the same if he went to Liverpool at 19?
It would be

1. the same
2. worse, or
3. better.

Do you know for a fact that he wouldnt have been a better player?
Pepe played as a winger in Lille.

Sterling, Sane, etc. had years of senior experience before moving to Manchester City. In my opinion, Chukwueze needs to refine his skills at Villarreal for another year before moving to a big club like Barca to avoid chopping bench.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I don't think Barcelona is a good destination for anyone under Valverde but that's another discussion.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He may actually blossom in a better team where he would not be the only offensive threat, hence less attention would be on him.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nah, not Real of Braca, leave him alone
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

They haven’t officially approached him so he just needs to keep doing what he’s doing with an attitude to improve, if he’s approached by a major club from La Liga or elsewhere it just means he’s doing something right!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

vancity eagle wrote:chukwueze should stay at Villareal and refine his game.

He needs to improve on using his right foot, beacuse his over reliance on his left makes him easy to mark out of games.

He also needs to improve on his decision making at times.

He is not ready for Barcelona yet.

Get playing time and refine your game.

Villareal is the perfect team for him believe it or not. I hope he stays there for another season or 2.
Players rejected by Barcelona do end up in good clubs. He is ready for Barcelona, but they still have to brush him up.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
deanotito wrote:

I think if the Barca’s are a real option for these boys they should take it, but none of them put in offers for any of our boys this offseason. To me that’s because our best boys are about 1 or two seasons away from such a move. I’m definitely not saying don’t make those moves if available that would be defeatist, but are those moves actually available to our boys?
If he was brazillian, his value would've been £40/£50mil or even more.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sir V wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
felarey wrote:
deanotito wrote:

If he was brazillian, his value would've been £40/£50mil or even more.
I hear his buy out clause is 63 mil so he’s already valued higher than that sha...
Super Eagus 4 Life!