Eagles Squad For Benin, Lesotho Clash – Esiti, Otabor Out, M

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Eagles Squad For Benin, Lesotho Clash – Esiti, Otabor Out, M

Post by Tobi17 »

The list of players for the senior national team of Nigeria next round of games which is the 2020 Africa Cup of Nations on the 14th and 19th of November against Benin Republic and Lesotho respectively is near completion according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial team.

Nigeria will first play Benin Republic on the 14th before taking on Lesotho five days later and already coach Gernot Rohr has started fine tuning his team after the two friendly games against Ukraine and Brazil played within a space of a month.

Rohr has decided to drop some players to make way for players who were missing from the game due to injury and those who didn’t impress during the games played or in training ahead of the games.

PAOK of Greece midfield powerhouse Anderson Esiti is favourite to miss out with Rohr settling for Ramon Azeez who impressed as a second half substitute against Brazil while Esiti failed to do same when he was introduced against Ukraine.

DONT MISS ==> Why Teams In Top Leagues Don't Sign Players From NPFL Teams - Agent Reveals
Viv Solomon-Otabor might have had his last invitation to the team for now with Samuel Kalu set to return for the AFCON 2020 Qualifiers as he is expected to be fit. Otabor didn’t do enough in training to be considered as a substitute in the game against Brazil.

Team captain Ahmed Musa will return to the squad if he is fit alongside Oghenekaro Etebo who missed the last game to be with his wife who was expected to give birth according to reports from players close to the Stoke City midfielder.

Sources close to Rohr also revealed that QPR midfielder Ebere Eze has been discussed extensively by the technical crew of the Super Eagles and he could get his chance in the upcoming games. His decision is however subject to international clearance which is not expected to be tedious as he only played for England in a friendly game.
https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/15/e ... gles-call/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Eagles Squad For Benin, Lesotho Clash – Esiti, Otabor Ou

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:The list of players for the senior national team of Nigeria next round of games which is the 2020 Africa Cup of Nations on the 14th and 19th of November against Benin Republic and Lesotho respectively is near completion according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial team.

Nigeria will first play Benin Republic on the 14th before taking on Lesotho five days later and already coach Gernot Rohr has started fine tuning his team after the two friendly games against Ukraine and Brazil played within a space of a month.

Rohr has decided to drop some players to make way for players who were missing from the game due to injury and those who didn’t impress during the games played or in training ahead of the games.

PAOK of Greece midfield powerhouse Anderson Esiti is favourite to miss out with Rohr settling for Ramon Azeez who impressed as a second half substitute against Brazil while Esiti failed to do same when he was introduced against Ukraine.

DONT MISS ==> Why Teams In Top Leagues Don't Sign Players From NPFL Teams - Agent Reveals
Viv Solomon-Otabor might have had his last invitation to the team for now with Samuel Kalu set to return for the AFCON 2020 Qualifiers as he is expected to be fit. Otabor didn’t do enough in training to be considered as a substitute in the game against Brazil.

Team captain Ahmed Musa will return to the squad if he is fit alongside Oghenekaro Etebo who missed the last game to be with his wife who was expected to give birth according to reports from players close to the Stoke City midfielder.

Sources close to Rohr also revealed that QPR midfielder Ebere Eze has been discussed extensively by the technical crew of the Super Eagles and he could get his chance in the upcoming games. His decision is however subject to international clearance which is not expected to be tedious as he only played for England in a friendly game.
I'll believe it when I see it.
But I predicted a long time ago that the more the SE profile rises, the more attractive it becomes to players of dual eligibility and consideration. Iwobi, Aina and Aribo are living example of how your career can actually fly despite choosing Nigeria.

The draw with Brazil will certainly turn heads and my instinctive feeling is that Eze will accept a Nigerian invitation.
We'll see....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:The list of players for the senior national team of Nigeria next round of games which is the 2020 Africa Cup of Nations on the 14th and 19th of November against Benin Republic and Lesotho respectively is near completion according to reports exclusively gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com editorial team.

But I predicted a long time ago that the more the SE profile rises, the more attractive it becomes to players of dual eligibility and consideration. Iwobi, Aina and Aribo are living example of how your career can actually fly despite choosing Nigeria.

The draw with Brazil will certainly turn heads and my instinctive feeling is that Eze will accept a Nigerian invitation.
We'll see....
I will hold you to account on this. Hope you don't turn out to Pinnik no 2.
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:

We'll see....
Ebere long accepted an invitation, remember he was part of the the team that trained last 2 years ago during the Serbia and Czech pre world cup friendy prepations, it was just a question of when the NFF would call him up.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:

We'll see....
Ebere long accepted an invitation, remember he was part of the the team that trained last 2 years ago during the Serbia and Czech pre world cup friendy prepations, it was just a question of when the NFF would call him up.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

We'll see....
I will hold you to account on this. Hope you don't turn out to Pinnik no 2.
If your dislike of Pinnick is blinding you to the skills of Eze, then there is a problem somewhere bro. :lol:
Eze is an undoubted talent who we will be stupid to ignore. He is young and on an upward trajectory and it is widely predicted that he won't stay in The Championship beyond this season.

Maybe there are local NPFL talents even better than him, in which case kindly point them out. But I don't recall you complaining when Aribo punched in the two goals for the SE recently, despite the fact that he is a 'cockney' lad. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

We'll see....
Yeah, I read that and there are pictures to prove it.
I wonder what the delay is all about - unless things are already happening behind the scenes.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:

We'll see....
:taunt: :shock: :evil: what are we - a disease ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

We'll see....
I wonder what the delay is all about - unless things are already happening behind the scenes.
I get the feeling the Fifa nationality switch process was undergoing while NFF kept it a secret (you never know, England could suddenly come sniffing around) maybe they learned from the Tammy situation which was badly handled. But inevitably, Ebere was always going to a Super Eagle, it was just a question of when.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

We'll see....
:taunt: :shock: :evil: what are we - a disease ?
No.
But we all know that it is a career choice that is fraught with controversy ad not a little uncertainty on how it might impact on their future prospects.
Let's not pretend it is an easy choice to make.
When I was the same age, it was a difficult choice for me to leave Nigeria believe it or not.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.

We'll see....
I get the feeling the Fifa nationality switch process was undergoing while NFF kept it a secret (you never know, England could suddenly come sniffing around) maybe they learned from the Tammy situation which was badly handled. But inevitably, Ebere was always going to a Super Eagle, it was just a question of when.
I see him as direct competition for his good friend Alex Iwobi.
He strikes me as being a little physically stronger and more adventurous.
Likes to nutmeg his opponents too... :P
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

We'll see....
I see him direct competition for his good friend Alex Iwobi.
He strikes me as being a little stronger and more adventurous.
The most pleasing thing is imagining what a midfield dynamic of Ndidi, Ayodele-Aribo, Etebo, Eberechi/Iwobi, and Ramon Azeez midfield will look like... the rebuilding journey is more or less almost over.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

We'll see....
The most pleasing thing is imagining what a midfield dynamic of Ndidi, Ayodele-Aribo, Etebo, Eberechi/Iwobi, and Ramon Azeez midfield will look like... the rebuilding journey is more or less almost over.
True, though someone asked a question in another thread which I haven't an answer to: Who backs up Osimhen?
No obvious natural choice. I'm hoping Okereke comes good.
But assuming Osimhen continues to rise, the drop in quality behind him seems at the moment to be significant.

I'd also like a very solid central defender to add to the ranks because the trio of Balogun, Omeruo and Ajayi seem a little inconsistent.

Full backs I am actually happy with and I am VERY impressed with Awuziem at RB; so much so I believe he should just stay there.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

It was reported weeks ago that 3 players will be seeking FIFA approval to hopefully be ready for the Benin match. I knew Eze was likely one of them. This is the perfect time to cap him. He is lighting up the championship and nowhere on the England radar
He must be capped next window.

I'm wondering if Lookman is also one of the other 3 and perhaps Ejaria as well. The more options the better.

I think the NFF have learned from Abraham and are keeping these switches on the low. It was stupid for Pinnick to boast publicly about Abraham.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:It was reported weeks ago that 3 players will be seeking FIFA approval to hopefully be ready for the Benin match. I knew Eze was likely one of them. This is the perfect time to cap him. He is lighting up the championship and nowhere on the England radar

I'm wondering if Lookman is also one of the other 3 and perhaps Ejaria as well. The more options the better.

I think the NFF have learned from Abraham and are keeping these switches on the low. It was stupid for Pinnick to boast publicly about Abraham.
"All we are saaaaaaying....
Give us Eze..."

I'm not too fussed about Lookman or even Ejaria at the moment.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:It was reported weeks ago that 3 players will be seeking FIFA approval to hopefully be ready for the Benin match. I knew Eze was likely one of them. This is the perfect time to cap him. He is lighting up the championship and nowhere on the England radar

Give us Eze..."

Eze is not good enough for SE just yet. Ejaria is the one we need to Cap :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Give us Eze..."

Eze is not good enough for SE just yet. Ejaria is the one we need to Cap :thumb:
Eze has been in better form than Ejaria though, if we end up getting both then fine, but it seems Eze has a higher ceiling right now, and is more likely to don the GWG soon before Ejaria and the others.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Give us Eze..."

Eze has been in better form than Ejaria though, if we end up getting both then fine, but it seems Eze has a higher ceiling right now, and is more likely to don the GWG soon before Ejaria and the others.
Both are different in their style. Eze is a luxury No 10. His defensive game is very suspect and his work rate is too low to it in the middle of our MF. Dude does nothing whatsoever when he doesn't have the ball.Iwobi for all his fauts is a good defensive player that covers a lot of ground and helps on defense. If you play Eze next to Ndidi the defense will get over run .
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Give us Eze..."

Both are different in their style. Eze is a luxury No 10. His defensive game is very suspect and his work rate is too low to it in the middle of our MF. Dude does nothing whatsoever when he doesn't have the ball.Iwobi for all his fauts is a good defensive player that covers a lot of ground and helps on defense. If you play Eze next to Ndidi the defense will get over run .
Nonsense and ingredients, I've watched Eze this season and last for QPR, and he more than contributes his fair share of defensive inputs for his team, look up his stats and see for yourself. With that been established, we already have enough defensive solidity in Ndidi, Etebo, and even Azeez... what we've been lacking for a while is a complete No 10 to be a back up to Iwobi, and Eze couldn't come more factory fitted for the type of system we play.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Ebere Eze has been capped by England (youth team) since his invite to train with the SE in 2017. In fact he was invited to England u-21 squad just last month. Now, it is possible the process for the switch has already begun but I would be quite surprised if it was approved by the next window. I would have thought possibly Spring 2020. That if he is still on board with the idea of wearing the GWG. Hopefully, he does end up playing for the SE in the near future, would be a useful addition to the squad.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Zelex wrote:Ebere Eze has been capped by England (youth team) since his invite to train with the SE in 2017. In fact he was invited to England u-21 squad just last month. Now, it is possible the process for the switch has already begun but I would be quite surprised if it was approved by the next window. I would have thought possibly Spring 2020. That if he is still on board with the idea of wearing the GWG. Hopefully, he does end up playing for the SE in the near future, would be a useful addition to the squad.
Actually he wasn't selected for the U21 England team
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... ke&ampcf=1
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Tobi17 wrote:
Zelex wrote:Ebere Eze has been capped by England (youth team) since his invite to train with the SE in 2017. In fact he was invited to England u-21 squad just last month. Now, it is possible the process for the switch has already begun but I would be quite surprised if it was approved by the next window. I would have thought possibly Spring 2020. That if he is still on board with the idea of wearing the GWG. Hopefully, he does end up playing for the SE in the near future, would be a useful addition to the squad.
Actually he wasn't selected for the U21 England team
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... ke&ampcf=1
I meant the previous international window (in September) shortly after the European season starts. I believe Eze was in the England u-21 team, where he was on the bench. This was 4-5 weeks ago. Even if the switch to Nigeria had begun after, I doubt it would be finalised by next month. More like the March 2020 window hopefully (that if the process to transfer allegiance has started).
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

We'll see....
Please add Kingsley Michael to the list.
I am happy