Sam ALLARDYCE Is A Joke!!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sam ALLARDYCE Is A Joke!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

:P :P No wonder JJ became an atilogwu dancer under him.
'I don't know if he even knew football because he only spent five minutes on the pitch in training': Ex-Everton star Kevin Mirallas BLASTS Sam Allardyce...
:lol:
.. also sensationally hit out at former Everton boss Sam Allardyce for 'only spending five minutes on the training pitch' during his six-month tenure at Goodison Park.
And while he was full of praise when it came to the likes of Roberto Martinez, David Moyes and Ronald Koeman, Mirallas had a bone to pick with Allardyce.

Martinez and Koeman wanted to play football but after, there was Allardyce,' Mirallas told The Athletic. 'I don't know if he even knew football because he only spent five minutes on the pitch in training. Nobody knows this, but it's true. That's difficult. You have to pick players at the weekend but you don't watch training.

'I only stayed for one month while he was there but I spoke to some players and they told me it was very difficult. It's true he won a lot of games, but they didn't enjoy it.'
Allardyce responded to Mirallas's claims by telling The Athletic that training sessions would have been shared between himself and fellow coaches Sammy Lee, Duncan Ferguson and Craig Shakespeare.

Mirallas only spent one month at Everton during Allardyce's reign that saw him loaned out to his former club Olympiacos.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ennon.html
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sam ALLARDYCE Is A Joke!!

Post by cchinukw »

I think that after Bolton, Big Sam got distracted. Maybe his head was turned by money from wheeling and dealing players.

He was definitely a decent coach at Bolton.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Pool. Tete. Lottery.

All of the above is his bane.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bolton, he was more than a decent coach, at the same time, he had quality players that were in their twilight years, Campo, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Gardiner, Davies who was brilliant in the air, can remember, one season, they finished 6th, they were giving teams like united, Arsenal, Liverpool a tough time

Remember Okocha got a new lease of life at Bolton, thats when English fans noticed his talent and till this very day, they still talk about him!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

marko wrote:Bolton, he was more than a decent coach, at the same time, he had quality players that were in their twilight years, Campo, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Gardiner, Davies who was brilliant in the air, can remember, one season, they finished 6th, they were giving teams like united, Arsenal, Liverpool a tough time

Remember Okocha got a new lease of life at Bolton, thats when English fans noticed his talent and till this very day, they still talk about him!
I may be wrong, but I read at the time he was one of the first English coaches to start using data for his game prep.

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Like Fergie, Redknapp, etc, most of those guys are managers not coaches.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Big Sam has used cutting edge methods to prepare his teams for a long time.

In the modern game the manager, "manages" players, coaches, trainers, therapists, other support staff and issues.
They almost have no time to coach but they have coaches to fill the void.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Kabalega wrote:Big Sam has used cutting edge methods to prepare his teams for a long time.

In the modern game the manager, "manages" players, coaches, trainers, therapists, other support staff and issues.
I think it's the other way round. The English are finally phasing out the old version of manager for the European version where the director of football is responsible for other aspects and the coach does the coaching. The likes of Emery, Pochetino, Klopp, and Pep are modern coaches not managers. They might have a role to play in terms of recruitment and other roles but their sole remit is coaching.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

bk-one wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Big Sam has used cutting edge methods to prepare his teams for a long time.

I think it's the other way round. The English are finally phasing out the old version of manager for the European version where the director of football is responsible for other aspects and the coach does the coaching. The likes of Emery, Pochetino, Klopp, and Pep are modern coaches not managers. They might have a role to play in terms of recruitment and other roles but their sole remit is coaching.
Great views from you guys and Cicob.