England about to get Saka

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
England about to get Saka

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/18/e ... o-nigeria/

England is about to clean our clocks, this boy would be a great addition to SE in the future but looks like the queen has given orders.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: England about to get Saka

Post by john12 »

Oga mi forget that thing. Only Saka can stop/decide if he wants to play for us or England
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

England are about to get Saka by playing him in the U-21's .. :dream: :dream:

Slow news day
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

If they get him, they deserve it. They gave him the opportunity.

He is an English man.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Southgate has even spoken about calling him up for the senior squad. Way too soon in my opinion....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

The YeyeMan wrote:Southgate has even spoken about calling him up for the senior squad. Way too soon in my opinion....
I've mentioned this in a previous thread. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Tomori was invited after a few games as a starter. Calum Hudson-Odoi was invited and capped last season without having started a game for Chelsea at that point (only sub appearances). England over the last few years have been far more open to the idea of inviting those that they believe have great potential rather than solely basing invitations on a sustained period of form. I'm pretty sure Iwobi would have been capped also by England during his debut season, if not that Nigeria were proactive.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

NFF shouldn't even dare fight this one out and embarrass us like they did with Tammy... tired of the mind games nonsense, if Saka wants to represent Nigeria in his heart of hearts, then I wish him all the best in fending off England's call. At these point we should just get the remaining Anglo-Nigerians like Ebere, Lookman, and Ejaria who are all definitely out of England's radar for good as it seems... Tbh we need more quality defenders right now than wingers/forwards anyway.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:NFF shouldn't even dare fight this one out and embarrass us like they did with Tammy... tired of the mind games nonsense, if Saka wants to represent Nigeria in his heart of hearts, then I wish him all the best in fending off England's call. At these point we should just get the remaining Anglo-Nigerians like Ebere, Lookman, and Ejaria who are all definitely out of England's radar for good as it seems... Tbh we need more quality defenders right now than wingers/forwards anyway.
Nigerians fight for what is theirs.
They even fight for what is not theirs.

Saka might be the biggest talent to come out of England’s youth ranks yet.
There is no shame in fighting for him. He becomes a world star destroying defenses and what will we be doing?
Pointing out the fact that he is a Nigerian, like we do Bayern’s David Alaba.

We should go for broke for any potential world star.

He who dares wins.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Why even bother trying to fight for anyone?

In any relationship, it takes 2 sides to commit. If Bukayo wants to represent Nigeria, he will. If he wants to represent England, he will.

Fighting to get him to commit to the super eagles is totally counter productive.

Besides, we really dont need him.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

The YeyeMan wrote:Southgate has even spoken about calling him up for the senior squad. Way too soon in my opinion....
If what you stated is correct, why do you think the calling is 'way too soon?' Obviously, England is acting on their designed plan, I think
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

charlie wrote:Why even bother trying to fight for anyone?

In any relationship, it takes 2 sides to commit. If Bukayo wants to represent Nigeria, he will. If he wants to represent England, he will.

Fighting to get him to commit to the super eagles is totally counter productive.

Sentiment.
No-one will remember the "shame'' of fighting for a player when he starts banging in the goals.

Like has been predicted recently, this tug-of-war over players is only just beginning.

Once upon a time, footballers were expected to stick to their local teams. Then when that era passed, they were expected to stick with (ie remain 'loyal' to) the team they chose to play for.
That era has long passed too and is recognised as how the game has changed.
Now a player plays for where his heart leads him - could be anything responsible for that.

National teams are going to be fighting over players for a long while to come, especially the top footballing countries in the world that have large immigrant populations.
It is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

If we like we can remain in the 90s and be doing 'gentuman' while others are ready to go all out and by all means necessary to give their national teams the cutting edge.

I believe it might even get nasty at some point.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

I think many should look at these dual-national players as a bonus. If Nigeria can get them to commit, good, if not we keep it moving. You can't miss what you never had. I've never seen Tammy Abraham and others as a loss to the SE.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Daft thread.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:NFF shouldn't even dare fight this one out and embarrass us like they did with Tammy... tired of the mind games nonsense, if Saka wants to represent Nigeria in his heart of hearts, then I wish him all the best in fending off England's call. At these point we should just get the remaining Anglo-Nigerians like Ebere, Lookman, and Ejaria who are all definitely out of England's radar for good as it seems... Tbh we need more quality defenders right now than wingers/forwards anyway.
Ebere, lookman and jara are not on the same level as Saka, he's a potential game changer for us and a chip for them. The jebu boy has a higher ceiling, we must make a play for him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Zelex wrote:I think many should look at these dual-national players as a bonus. If Nigeria can get them to commit, good, if not we keep it moving. You can't miss what you never had. I've never seen Tammy Abraham and others as a loss to the SE.
That's the decent thing.
We don't live in a decent world anymore. Its cut throat, even in sport.
It is "war by other means". :P
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Zelex wrote:I think many should look at these dual-national players as a bonus. If Nigeria can get them to commit, good, if not we keep it moving. You can't miss what you never had. I've never seen Tammy Abraham and others as a loss to the SE.
THE SAD PART IS THAT...

…Nigeria, that is to say the NFF, has begun to see this as the way of building a national team ignoring the more certain approach of doing it by developing local talent.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS...

...I've been wondering if there's another country in the world that has come to rely on the diaspora more than Nigeria. I doubt even the US, which once relied on citizens that had never been to America before, exceeds Nigeria in this shameful dependency.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS...

...I've been wondering if there's another country in the world that has come to rely on the diaspora more than Nigeria. I doubt even the US, which once relied on citizens that had never been to America before, exceeds Nigeria in this shameful dependency.
Bell
I posted a breakdown of local v foreign based players in the squads of the top national teams present in Russia 2018 some weeks ago.
Guy, it is a global trend.

Unless you have a top level domestic league (and I am talking top 4, cos France isnt even sticking to their local players) then I'm sorry, you have to look outside. Let Belgium be restricted to local players and see whether they will smell a top 10 FIFA ranking, talk less world no 1.

Your problem is obviously place of birth.
That suggests you do not recognise millions of people like myself as Nigerians. You say it is "shameful". I could choose to take that personally. But its okay. :tic:

The game is changing in a global village and Nigeria can decide to stick with old sentiments and be left behind, or simply keep up and become competitive at the TOP level.

Do you recognise the social and political upheaval caused when only recently, countries like Germany, Poland, Italy first started fielding black 'not-one-of-us' players? Do you know how much resentment and subtle racism even players like Ozil attract for their 'foreign' origins? Spain, Argentina and Russia are not even there yet. That's what they call "shameful".

We have easily identifiable Nigerian talents of the same skin colour all around the world and we are still procrastinating because 'we didn't develop them in Nigeria'.

Did oyibo have a problem utilising the skills of all our Nigerian doctors, engineers, accountants, IT consultants, bankers they never paid a penny to develop? All trained at Nigeria's expense?

Like I said sentiment will get us nowhere. You 'strong' your face and take what you can, no apologies.

AND THIS IN NO WAY SUGGESTS WE SHOUDN'T GO ALL OUT TO DEVELOP OUR LOCAL LEAGUE.

They are not mutually exclusive and can only enrich our football.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

charlie wrote:Why even bother trying to fight for anyone?

Yeah but you have to signify interest in the relationship.

Nothing wrong in the NFF making contact behind the scenes to feel the kid out.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bell wrote:OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS...

Bell
Morocco and to some extent Algeria.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bell wrote:
THE SAD PART IS THAT...

…Nigeria, that is to say the NFF, has begun to see this as the way of building a national team ignoring the more certain approach of doing it by developing local talent.
Bell
The Super Eagles have moved on from a team made up of local talents. It's a Pan Nigerian team, made up of Nigerians from all over the globe and that adds to it's attraction.
If only we could market this team effectively on a global scale.
I am happy
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

That's the best way to look at it. :agree:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Odas wrote:
If what you stated is correct, why do you think the calling is 'way too soon?' Obviously, England is acting on their designed plan, I think
He's done little to warrant a call up for any senior national team.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.