Kelechi related: Samuel Eto on what Pep does to players

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Interesting Interview with The Great Samuel Etoo

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

shagalo this one to thr world football forum. Nattin concern us here.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote:I stumbled into this and was shocked at what happened between Etoo and Guardiola's disrepect for him at Barca.
Enjoy
[/video]

Not the right Forum.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

This interview has been posted how many times?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=283820
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kelechi related: Samuel Eto on what Pep does to players

Post by marko »

They sold Ihenacho with a buy back clause, he should make city eat their words and start playing regular football like Ndidi, what exactly is wrong? I can remember him at the under 17, thought he will be the next big thing, perhaps City was the wrong club in the 1st place
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

okidoki wrote:It's not intelligence that Pep was upset with Kele over, he needed more running and pressing.
Simple and short.. :clap: :clap:

Watching city vs CP today , this was all the commentators moaned about - How city player's movement with and without the ball was the best thing since ogbono soup :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Brendan Rodgiola? Another hand at the helm and again, Oga Kelechi overlooked. Let him not befall the same bright lights that made the promise of Isaac’s success, a moth.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I can understand why African football is crap. Too much favoritism. Is it possible that Kele wasn’t as good as we all thought? He’s not doing too well at Leicester, Guardiola doesn’t have time to massage Nigerian egos.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Mr. Piffington wrote:I can understand why African football is crap. Too much favoritism. Is it possible that Kele wasn’t as good as we all thought? He’s not doing too well at Leicester, Guardiola doesn’t have time to massage Nigerian egos.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Personally i think he is too stiff and not nimble and not quick reacting in the box in same way say Aguero is is
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Samora Machel wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:I can understand why African football is crap. Too much favoritism. Is it possible that Kele wasn’t as good as we all thought? He’s not doing too well at Leicester, Guardiola doesn’t have time to massage Nigerian egos.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Personally i think he is too stiff and not nimble and not quick reacting in the box in same way say Aguero is is
Our people are too emotional to see anything, this is one reason why I don’t get excited about local coaches, they have their favorites and then refuse to see what everyone else sees. Now they are challenging Pep’s decision to get rid. They would have a point if City were crap or a mixed bag but they have gone on to win pretty much every trophy available domestically and doing it in style, breaking records left and right and yet people are questioning Pep, you couldn’t make this up! Hell, if Kele was tearing up Leicester I would give them that but he’s not doing that either and now the excuse is confidence! :rotf:
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I mentioned his stiffness and style of running even when he was scoring goals at City and people got carried away. I said there was something incomplete about his game which the goals has masked but will be unveiled when he is asked to do more. The days when a player waits around in the box to score is long over, modern football demands that everyone be involved in movement and pressing.

I repeat , he is fantastic goal poacher, today's football demands more movement, this is where he is found wanting.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:I mentioned his stiffness and style of running even when he was scoring goals at City and people got carried away. I said there was something incomplete about his game which the goals has masked but will be unveiled when he is asked to do more. The days when a player waits around in the box to score is long over, modern football demands that everyone be involved in movement and pressing.

I repeat , he is fantastic goal poacher, today's football demands more movement, this is where he is found wanting.
fair enough, why cant he get into Leicester 1st 11? he is still young and can improve his game, i had high hopes watching him at the under 17s in the UAE? he must leave Leicester to search for regular football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

marko wrote:
oloye wrote:I mentioned his stiffness and style of running even when he was scoring goals at City and people got carried away. I said there was something incomplete about his game which the goals has masked but will be unveiled when he is asked to do more. The days when a player waits around in the box to score is long over, modern football demands that everyone be involved in movement and pressing.

fair enough, why cant he get into Leicester 1st 11? he is still young and can improve his game, i had high hopes watching him at the under 17s in the UAE? he must leave Leicester to search for regular football
He cannot get into Leicestet team because he does not fit in. He came in as a striker, but Vardy remains there and Vardy suits the Leicesteway of play. The team will not bend that approach to suit, not when Vardy is still scoring and Nacho struggles to score when he is given the opportunity. They wont change their way to suit him, the Leicester way has worked for them so far. Slimani has come in failed to upstage Vardy and he has left. Musa has come failed to change the Leicester way and has left as well. So Nacho better be ready to adapt or better still , he needs to start asking his agents to get him away as well.

This is where his limitations becomes glaring. Look at the new guy Leicester signed form Newcastle, Ayooze, at Newcastle he was playing from the middle as a striker when he was at Newcastle but could also drift wide, at Leicester he has add to adjust to playing from the right, because Vardy aint going nowhere. The question is can Nacho adjust? So far the answer has been no.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

He cannot get into Leicestet team because he does not fit in. He came in as a striker, but Vardy remains there and Vardy suits the Leicesteway of play. The team will not bend that approach to suit, not when Vardy is still scoring and Nacho struggles to score when he is given the opportunity. They wont change their way to suit him, the Leicester way has worked for them so far. Slimani has come in failed to upstage Vardy and he has left. Musa has come failed to change the Leicester way and has left as well. So Nacho better be ready to adapt or better still , he needs to start asking his agents to get him away as well.

This is where his limitations becomes glaring. Look at the new guy Leicester signed form Newcastle, Ayooze, at Newcastle he was playing from the middle as a striker when he was at Newcastle but could also drift wide, at Leicester he has add to adjust to playing from the right, because Vardy aint going nowhere. The question is can Nacho adjust? So far the answer has been no.
Point there and Vardy is actually quite underrated and knows where the back of the net is, also very direct and gives defenders nightmares, perhaps joining city was the wrong move right from the very start

Marko
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oloye wrote:
marko wrote:

Oloye - I agree to an extent , Pellegrini played Kelechi in two formations and both worked one was when Vardy was injured and the other in cup games.

The first was as a lone striker but more box to box , so the team hustled and got the ball to Kele's left foot mostly and he scored.

The other was behind the japanesse guy in a false 9 ...decoy 8 kinda setup and i remember the guy always hustling and nodding down balls to Kele and he scored. When Vardy became fit again they promptly reverted to kick and run but I mention this to say the team can adapt if they need to , you are right though that as long as Vardy is fit they would stick to what works.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

how can people say joining city was bad when he had his best career and name thus far at city. if not for city, he wouldn't had gotten such lucrative contract at LC.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what kele is experiencing , is the same crap Pep did to Eto, however Eto had so much experience and was already in the game for a long time , so he had so many offers because he was very well established . Kele has been in Europe straight from Naija, remember Eto was at REal.... Hopefully Kele leaves during the window and go on loan to revive his career, I am not happy the way Rogers benches him, this same rodger did the same to Vic Mo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote:what kele is experiencing , is the same crap Pep did to Eto, however Eto had so much experience and was already in the game for a long time , so he had so many offers because he was very well established . Kele has been in Europe straight from Naija, remember Eto was at REal.... Hopefully Kele leaves during the window and go on loan to revive his career, I am not happy the way Rogers benches him, this same rodger did the same to Vic Mo
well you have to perform on the pitch so you dont get benched, the issue between Eto and Pep had nothing to do with football, it was more of an ego thing, eventually Eto went to Inter Milan and got one over Pep, kelechi should do the same

Marko