Iwobi starts against Everton

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Iwobi starts against Everton

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mace the king of negative energy just killed the vibe of this thread.. I am out
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
rdokoye
Egg
Egg

Post by rdokoye »

maceo4 wrote:
lacidi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
lacidi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Sigurdson just shows why Iwobi can't replace him, kaiiii!
So how many of such has Sigurdson scored this season? You guys and self hate self.
Stop with your childish nonsense...Sigurdson is more of a no. 10 than Iwobi and it showed in this game. He had a point to prove when he came on and scored a harder goal than Iwobi missed. Its just the truth, Iwobi needs to do more to displace him, if he can do it fairly it will only be better for SE as that would mean he's improved in that position. He will have a good amount of chances to prove that he is better suited in that position because the current coach is who bought him and so will play him. However, he needs to take those chances to clearly show he is better, else fans will eventually turn on him and ask for Sigurdson back. I think at the end of the day the left wing suits Iwobi more than the no. 10 role, he is just too careless with the ball to play in the middle, but hopefully a longer run out there will help him improve on this part of his game.
Ok sir. Let's watch the great Sigurdson in the next match.
Even Iwobi just joked about it on his IG said he is going to be doing extra shooting practices this week but good win. BTW, didn’t say he’s great, I said he’s more of a no. 10 than Iwobi at this point in both of their careers...if they were competing for winger than Iwobi wins hands down...
So one shot is enough to erase everything Iwobi did throughout the match. Siggi has been playing the no.10 role, every game, and they've looked disjointed and chaotic in attack. That goal Siggi scored, was his first this season. With Iwobi playing as playmaker, Everton looked more coordinated in attack, and created real chances, something they couldn't even do with Siggi playing against Burnley.

Sigurdson is more of a forward than an attacking midfielder. He can score goals, but he can't do much of anything else.
Last edited by rdokoye on Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The Everton manager mentioned Iwobi at least three times during the post-match interview on Sky.
I didn't watch the match but he must have done something right.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

lacidi wrote:
So how many of such has Sigurdson scored this season? You guys and self hate self.
THank you my brother. This is the first game Sigusson did not start and he did not score in the 6 previous games. Iwobi creates chances, has an eye for a pass. No 10s will lose the ball as long as they have a balanced work rate. Here's the deal.....IWOBI will contest for man of the match. You see the ovation he got when he was subbed off? Commentators raving about him and his impact in the No 10 role.

He lost fewer balls than Richalison.

I wobi today showed that he can play that No 10. there's a reason why coach put him there in a do or die game. Does he need to be more clinical ? yes. I think 3 things are needed in his game

1. He needs to get to the point of security where he is more free to express himself (and less concerned about messing up. I see a bit of that concern in his play)

2. He needs to practice his free kicks - add that dimension to his game

3. Be more clinical
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

bushboy wrote:I'm starting to face the harsh reality about Iwobi. He is just not that good. He plays as if he he afraid to "mess up" so he spends extended periods of the game hiding from the ball. He also appears very lightweight and shys away from 50/50 balls. I am worried, he will soon become "bench material" at Everton and wind up in the Swanseas of the world.
This is a complete BS take. Iwobi was the best player on the pitch today hands down.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

maceo4 wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Stop with your childish nonsense...Sigurdson is more of a no. 10 than Iwobi and it showed in this game. He had a point to prove when he came on and scored a harder goal than Iwobi missed. Its just the truth, Iwobi needs to do more to displace him, if he can do it fairly it will only be better for SE as that would mean he's improved in that position. He will have a good amount of chances to prove that he is better suited in that position because the current coach is who bought him and so will play him. However, he needs to take those chances to clearly show he is better, else fans will eventually turn on him and ask for Sigurdson back. I think at the end of the day the left wing suits Iwobi more than the no. 10 role, he is just too careless with the ball to play in the middle, but hopefully a longer run out there will help him improve on this part of his game.
Did you even see the game or did you just watch highlights?
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Iwobi’s connection with Walcott was easy to see. I think their slide has more to do with Walcott’s injury than anything else, because nobody on this team can play at Iwobi’s level. That makes it seems like he’s bad, but when you have another player who anticipates the ball and is playing at the same level, it makes a big difference.

The bobo got a standing ovation. That tells you all you need to know. This is the best game I have seen Iwobi play...ever. That includes Arsenal and SE. He was magnificent today.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

You read some people’s comments on this thread, you wonder how exactly they live with other people. Iwobi aside the glaring miss, was the best player on a massively improved Everton side. Shame on the negative ones.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote:
lacidi wrote:
You done come again. Sigurdson came off the game and scored against tired legs so you won’t let us hear word. Na wa.

Meanwhile, for the first time all season their attack looked fluid and threatening all game long. They really should’ve scored 3 or 4 today and a lot has to do with Iwobi’s fluidity and pace centrally compared to the sluggish and slower Sigurdson. My brother that is why Everton fans gave Iwobi a standing ovation in the 87th minute today. :thumb:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I feel like mace is going through some major issues, the way the bobo has been overly negative this days defies logic itself... there's a fine line between keeping it real in a balanced/constructive type of way... and just been outrightly negative even when all the indices are against you.

I visited the Everton forum and saw how very highly they rated Iwobi today, it's only on here you will all shades of needles negativity.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Tobi17 wrote:I feel like mace is going through some major issues, the way the bobo has been overly negative this days defies logic itself... there's a fine line between keeping it real in a balanced/constructive type of way... and just been outrightly negative even when all the indices are against you.

I visited the Everton forum and saw how very highly they rated Iwobi today, it's only on here you will all shades of needles negativity.
That is Mace’s M.O. No be today wey he start. Iwobi’s best role is in the middle behind the striker. Everyone including their fans know this. They’ve been pretty much begging Silva to grow a pair and drop Sigurdson for Iwobi in the middle as opposed to playing Iwobi on the wing just to accommodate Sigurdson.

Now they’re better balanced and it’s shown today on the pitch. Anyone can clearly see except if your name is mace04 :taunt:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:I feel like mace is going through some major issues, the way the bobo has been overly negative this days defies logic itself... there's a fine line between keeping it real in a balanced/constructive type of way... and just been outrightly negative even when all the indices are against you.

That is Mace’s M.O. No be today wey he start. Iwobi’s best role is in the middle behind the striker. Everyone including their fans know this. They’ve been pretty much begging Silva to grow a pair and drop Sigurdson for Iwobi in the middle as opposed to playing Iwobi on the wing just to accommodate Sigurdson.

Now they’re better balanced and it’s shown today on the pitch. Anyone can clearly see except if your name is mace04 :taunt:
Good thing my name is maceo4 :biggrin: I already highlighted his ability to find a pass as a positive, however he needs to cut down his giving away of possession and be stronger on the ball - as he’s gonna get it much more in that position. But Sigurdson did make a statement with that goal, the bobo is not just gonna give up his position without a fight.

It would be good if Iwobi could hold him off at that position but I do think he’s a more natural no. 10 than Iwobi who has a lot to improve on to really be good there. There’s a reason he rarely played there at Arseanal. But as far as SE is concerned it’s good for him to play there and work on his game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

icee wrote:
lacidi wrote:
THank you my brother. This is the first game Sigusson did not start and he did not score in the 6 previous games. Iwobi creates chances, has an eye for a pass. No 10s will lose the ball as long as they have a balanced work rate. Here's the deal.....IWOBI will contest for man of the match. You see the ovation he got when he was subbed off? Commentators raving about him and his impact in the No 10 role.

He lost fewer balls than Richalison.

I wobi today showed that he can play that No 10. there's a reason why coach put him there in a do or die game. Does he need to be more clinical ? yes. I think 3 things are needed in his game

1. He needs to get to the point of security where he is more free to express himself (and less concerned about messing up. I see a bit of that concern in his play)

2. He needs to practice his free kicks - add that dimension to his game

3. Be more clinical
All Iwobi needs is the luck of a goal scorer. He does everything you can ask of an attacking midfielder/playmaker. He just needs the ball to bounce right for him :!:

Cheers.
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Damunk wrote:The Everton manager mentioned Iwobi at least three times during the post-match interview on Sky.
I didn't watch the match but he must have done something right.
true brow here

[/video]

:agree:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Iwobi was good today. Linked up really well with Walcott and Richarlison and rarely made the wrong pass. He almost got a goal too.

His main weakness when he plays the AM position is his errant final ball. Today's performance though was almost error free.

I hope he gets many more games as an AM for Everton this season so he gets more comfortable in that position. Sigurdsson may have something to say about that though. He scored a spectacular goal within minutes of replacing Iwobi and looked like a man trying to make a point. Iwobi is faster and a better dribbler, however, Sigurdsson is the better passer and rarely loses the ball.
Last edited by olu on Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

MOTD.....best player on the pitch apart from the miss which should have capped his game......

Mace04......nope, that’s when these guys support the current situation in the SE, you have to wonder...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.live ... 112652.amp

Just jump to the last sentence....makes you wonder what game that mace04 was watching or more importantly, where he got his satellite connection from
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Everton just got a huge chunk of Arsenal. What good taste. :taunt:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.live ... 112652.amp

Just jump to the last sentence....makes you wonder what game that mace04 was watching or more importantly, where he got his satellite connection from
Sure, but did you actually watch the game? You guys are acting like you didn’t all say the same thing vs Brazil, I guess it’s because Gylfi is involved you guys can’t see road again.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Jordan Pickford - 8

Probably the only thing he had to do throughout the whole match was make a fantastic save in the second half to deny Ogbonna equalising. That's the quality Everton fans all know their goalkeeper possesses.

Djibril Sidibe - 8

A solid first start in the Premier League. West Ham clearly tried to attack that flank whenever possible, but he dealt with the pressure well with the aid of Theo Walcott. His lung-busting runs forward never seemed to stop and he almost got an assist with a fantastic pass to Alex Iwobi.

Michael Keane - 7

A welcome return to form for the centre-back. Everton's back four were always going to be in for a physical battle against Sebastien Haller, but Keane was crucial in keeping him quiet and getting his side further up the pitch.

Yerry Mina - 9

Everton's most consistent performer this season did it again this afternoon. Haller is a handful, but Mina coped well with the pressure right up until coming off the pitch in added time. His standing ovation was extremely well deserved.

READ MORE
Thomas Meunier makes admission over why he did not sign for Everton

Lucas Digne - 8

Today's Everton captain has put in a solid shift as ever, getting forward whenever possible and rekindling that great partnership with Bernard down the flank. Getting into dangerous areas, on occasion his crossing could have been a little better though.

Andre Gomes - 8

Produced a few of those raking passes Everton fans were so used to seeing last season to open up this West Ham defence and really picked up his performance in the second half with bags of energy and desire. It's really good to see him back.

Tom Davies - 7

Looked very comfortable in his central midfield role, in particular using his body really well to shield the ball from opponents in tight areas. It won't have been easy to return to the side for such a crucial match, but the youngster did so very well.

Alex Iwobi - 9

A creative hub in the middle for Everton, looking to attack West Ham whenever picking up possession. They had no idea how to deal with him in the first half and his work rate never dropped until being replaced by Sigurdsson late on.

Everton 2-0 West Ham as it happened
Theo Walcott - 9

A vibrant and tireless display from the returning winger. A great ball to set up Bernard's goal and a lot of good defensive work from him helped Sidibe settle into his first Premier League start with ease. A superb display.

Bernard - 8

What a goal to put Everton in front, fantastic close control and a brilliant finish when the chance looked lost. Following that the Brazilian was a constant thorn in the side of the West Ham defence with his tricky and creativity. A very welcome return to the side.

Richarlison – 8

Was kept a little more quiet as the first half went on, but his link up play along with the rest of the front four was crucial. In the second period, his energy and commitment was on full display and the Everton fans were loving every minute.

SUBS

Moise Kean - 7

Stepped right into Walcott's shoes with a cameo full of energy and pace.

Gylfi Sigurdsson - 7

Produced the perfect remedy to being dropped by scoring a fantastic second goal for his side.

Mason Holgate – N/A
Last edited by kalani JR on Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't just copy and paste everything edit when necessary.
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Anyone who insults Iwobi with lies about his game, when wahala begin waya una for una houses no vex, u people are getting done yonda
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Anyone who insults Iwobi with lies about his game, when wahala begin waya una for una houses no vex, u people are getting done yonda
Make we hear word, check whoscored they are less biased.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/13760 ... n-West-Ham

Iwobi 6.9 - lowest rated on his entire team...
Super Eagus 4 Life!