ManU 1 : 1 LVP (Match Thread)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ManU 1 : 1 LVP (Match Thread)

Post by txj »

just simply a carp game all round.

why Klopp always goes so conservative at OT is beyond me...

Atkinson came here to do a job on LFC. Not one Manure player got a YC in spite of numerous hacking jobs......
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]txj[/color] wrote: just simply a carp game all round.

Atkinson came here to do a job on LFC. Not one Manure player got a YC in spite of numerous hacking jobs......
Which team hacked more?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

green4life wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:The same shoulder Dele used to control the ball to score yesterday is the one used to clear the ball for Manure.
Translation: E sweet when VAR favor you abi? :lol:

no mind am. If not for VAR ojoro, Spuds would get relegated this year :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I won a local bet. Predicted match will end in a draw, 1-1, and that United will score first. My prize, large hand tossed pizza with all the meats and trimmings :biggrin:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

A draw was the best possible result for united! We lacked creativity, the Rashford substitution was strange, he was playing well today! We seriously need players
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:just simply a carp game all round.

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

Numerous hacking jobs? Who was fouling who? :lol:
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

Fabinho got a yellow card and rightfully so but he got fouled twice the same way and no card for either player
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Tough game. Now every one sees what Salah brings even when he isn’t scoring. Point is Origi gets us those moments but his anticipation can be spotty. If he is going to play, he has to play in middle and that means he plays when Firmino is resting. I was screaming for Keita. The defense knows he can dribble so he wasn’t pressed and allowed the easy pass to Robertson. I will take the point. This is the premier league. There are no easy games
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:A draw was the best possible result for united! We lacked creativity, the Rashford substitution was strange, he was playing well today! We seriously need players
Really? :rotf: :rotf: Kai!!! i miss TFCO! He would have slapped your fat mouth! I thought you didnt need any players and united had asquad that can rival PSG's? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

The United college team :roll: didn't do too bad today against the UCL winner.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

You actually made my point.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

this was a derby, forget form, united Liverpool games are always close, today was no different, Liverpool finished stronger because they have a coach that can change things and get impact, OGS is limited in that department
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

Trying to sound smart when caught with pants down :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

Are you always this consistently stupid, or just affecting to be?

If you don't call the fouls then there won't be a foul count in your favor...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

:lol: :lol: :lol: why you do ATF like this nah? anyways Liverpool are fouling machines... the game vs Chelsea, all they did was foul , foul and foul
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

I understand your concern. ManU should have had 1 or 2 yellows but also keep in mind that this was a derby game in addition to the fact that a higher foul count generally leads to more cards. This is also against the backdrop of VVD, Matip, and Fabinho routinely dishing out rough tackles some of which went unpunished as 50/50 derby inspired challenges. The bottom line is the ref was par for course on the day in consideration that Liverpool out fouled ManU at more than 2 to 1 ratio.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

No, problem is you are biased and try to sound clever.
Liverpool fouls were so many that the ref had no choice but to call most of them.
So you have no point, better to move on :biggrin:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

Odiegwu! so everybody come see ATF small black yansh? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

I understand your concern. ManU should have had 1 or 2 yellows but also keep in mind that this was a derby game in addition to the fact that a higher foul count generally leads to more cards. This is also against the backdrop of VVD, Matip, and Fabinho routinely dishing out rough tackles some of which went unpunished as 50/50 derby inspired challenges. The bottom line is the ref was par for course on the day in consideration that Liverpool out fouled ManU at more than 2 to 1 ratio.

A widespread criticism of LFC is that they did not match MU's intensity and physicality which was clear the entire game, save for late in 2hf. How is it the team that was pressing more intensely gets half the fouls? It doesn't make sense, which is why most pundits today acknowledge that Atkinson was quite poor...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

Liverpool fouls were so many that the ref had no choice but to call most of them.

The problem is you are too stupid to tell the difference...

Here is Dermot Gallagher on Skysports. I guess he too is biased:

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Foul, but VAR right not to overrule.

DERMOT SAYS: "What I need to explain is that this isn't a VAR decision, it's Martin Atkinson's decision. When it goes in the net, VAR asks whether it was offside, no, was there a handball, no, was there a foul in the build-up - and the referee is the closest person to it.

"He says no, there was a vote this morning with 50,000 people voting, about half said yes, half said no, so the VAR can't call it clear and obvious and go against the referee. I did think it was a foul, though.

"Martin waved it away, and once he does that it's out of the VAR's hands. It's such a subjective decision, such a controversial decision, someone says yes, someone says no, they can't go with it."

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:

Man United ... 6 fouls

Liverpool ... 14 fouls

The problem is you are too stupid to tell the difference...

Here is Dermot Gallagher on Skysports. I guess he too is biased:

DERMOT'S VERDICT: Foul, but VAR right not to overrule.

DERMOT SAYS: "What I need to explain is that this isn't a VAR decision, it's Martin Atkinson's decision. When it goes in the net, VAR asks whether it was offside, no, was there a handball, no, was there a foul in the build-up - and the referee is the closest person to it.

"He says no, there was a vote this morning with 50,000 people voting, about half said yes, half said no, so the VAR can't call it clear and obvious and go against the referee. I did think it was a foul, though.

"Martin waved it away, and once he does that it's out of the VAR's hands. It's such a subjective decision, such a controversial decision, someone says yes, someone says no, they can't go with it."
No, it doesn't matter, i don't need to read or listen to this Dermot whatever, i watched the game.
And you can call me all the stupidity you want thank you :biggrin: