" I don't know if Nigeria still wants me"- Udokhai

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: " I don't know if Nigeria still wants me"- Udokhai

Post by oloye »

Dammy wrote:Udokhai is a quality CD. He obviously wants to play for us, let's meet him half-way.
He wants to play for us indeed :lol: :lol:

Dammy if nor be say na you, I for use my cyber koboko to whip you. Anyways since we are third world country, it is okay for us to be treated as second class as well.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

I spoke to Udoukhai about Nigeria last year. At the time, he was not ready. But things have changed. He lost his starting position in Wolfsburg and faced prospects of becoming irrelevant in German football. Until Augsburg came calling. He is highly talented and gifted as CB and uses both feet.

I understand his "concerns" about playing for Nigeria. Time will tell if he has changed his mind. If Augsburg survives the Bundesliga and Schmidt is not sacked, then he could be bought by Augsburg. Right now, he starts regularly but still rusty due to staying on the sidelines for quite a while.

Na Munich bobo and one of our own!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote:This is no different from having two babes only one of whom you can marry.
You might choose one but if you had the opportunity of keeping the other as a side chick, you would.

Bottom line is if you choose one it in no means implies you didn't or don't love the other.
And if the first choice fokks up, marry the other.
U might even find you end up loving her more than you ever coulda loved the first.
Be like say Damunk dey talk from personal experience
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Dammy wrote:Udokhai is a quality CD. He obviously wants to play for us, let's meet him half-way.
Which kain halfway. He straight up said 'if there's no chance for Germany then he will consider Nigeria'. Abeg no and carry go :arrow: :arrow:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

green4life wrote:
Which kain halfway. He straight up said 'if there's no chance for Germany then he will consider Nigeria'. Abeg no and carry go :arrow: :arrow:
Make all of una enter latrine.

If any of our kids decide they want to play for that useless country, we should send an entourage to go and beg dem.

Playing for that country is a BIG (HUGE) sacrifice. Yes, even as an afterthought.

More and more of our better players are overseas... we are fortunate that another country has developed and nurtured them and we stand a chance of poaching them from their country of origin... and we are here doing shme-shme?

Anyone with a remotely Naijarian heritage is a Naijarian.

We need more of these kids in ALL aspects of human endeavor. Some will be like Saul on the way to Damascus.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Yiba wrote:I spoke to Udoukhai about Nigeria last year. At the time, he was not ready. But things have changed. He lost his starting position in Wolfsburg and faced prospects of becoming irrelevant in German football. Until Augsburg came calling. He is highly talented and gifted as CB and uses both feet.

I understand his "concerns" about playing for Nigeria. Time will tell if he has changed his mind. If Augsburg survives the Bundesliga and Schmidt is not sacked, then he could be bought by Augsburg. Right now, he starts regularly but still rusty due to staying on the sidelines for quite a while.

Yiba, please keep talking to the boy.
He will enjoy his experience playing with players from similar backgrounds while playing for Naijaria.
Heck, he might even feel fulfilled as a human being resolving his identity crisis.
We want the best playing for Naijaria. And he is a quality footballer.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://owngoalnigeria.com/2019/10/20/i ... h-germany/

I guess his hold out for Germany isn't going as planned. Hell naw we don't want you! :laugh:

Akpoguma also seems to be having regrets. No Germany for these useless boys. :laugh:

Where is Torunarigha these days? :laugh: :laugh: 2022 will be sweet O! These boys will all be begging by then. :laugh:

[/video]

I'm loving this shhht, can't wait for the Tomori "I should've played for SE thread".
Hmm, is it me or what? I didn't hear him say he doesn't know if Nigeria still wants him or not
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Yiba wrote:I spoke to Udoukhai about Nigeria last year. At the time, he was not ready. But things have changed. He lost his starting position in Wolfsburg and faced prospects of becoming irrelevant in German football. Until Augsburg came calling. He is highly talented and gifted as CB and uses both feet.

Yiba; I was wondering how good he is. I think your writing as I have highlighted in above answers my question. For now, I don't think we need him - in my opinion
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Odas wrote:

Yiba; I was wondering how good he is. I think your writing as I have highlighted in above answers my question. For now, I don't think we need him - in my opinion
Felix Uduokhai can easily displace any of our defenders right now Facts not feelings, the boy is pure quality of the German breed (always rated him even if he ended up playing for Germany or not). I love Semi, Omeruo, Ekong, Balogun... but there's still some element of quality lacking in their football.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:

Felix Uduokhai can easily displace any of our defenders right now Facts not feelings, the boy is pure quality of the German breed (always rated him even if he ended up playing for Germany or not). I love Semi, Omeruo, Ekong, Balogun... but there's still some element of quality lacking in their football.
So why couldn’t he make it at Wolfsburg and have to go to Augsburg if his quality is higher than those starting for Udinese and Leganes?? These guys aren’t exactly pushovers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:

So why couldn’t he make it at Wolfsburg and have to go to Augsburg if his quality is higher than those starting for Udinese and Leganes?? These guys aren’t exactly pushovers.
I'm not privy to the reasons why he didn't make it at Wolfsburg (even though I'm sure it was largely due to injuries). Either way, Felix has always been a quality player, I've watched him play and I know he can bring a step up quality we are fundamentally lacking in that defence... I'm not a disciple of drooling over every foreign born Tom or Harry to don GWG like some folks shamelessly do here... But abeg if the player is good enough, I DON'T CARE IF HE USES AS A PLAN B, call me shameless... well we are particularly good enough to produce even one decent player in our local league right now so what gives?
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:

So the guy is quality because he is of “German Breed"? You sound like a White supremacist.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:

I'm not privy to the reasons why he didn't make it at Wolfsburg (even though I'm sure it was largely due to injuries). Either way, Felix has always been a quality player, I've watched him play and I know he can bring a step up quality we are fundamentally lacking in that defence... I'm not a disciple of drooling over every foreign born Tom or Harry to don GWG like some folks shamelessly do here... But abeg if the player is good enough, I DON'T CARE IF HE USES AS A PLAN B, call me shameless... well we are particularly good enough to produce even one decent player in our local league right now so what gives?
I have no problem trying any of these bobos out, the deeper our player pool is the better.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ogasir wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:

So the guy is quality because he is of “German Breed"? You sound like a White supremacist.
If that's how your reasoning or lack thereof deciphers such idiotic deduction on the context of what I mearnt, then by all means knock yourself out... I've got no time to stupidity.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

ogasir wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:

Not to be answering for Tobi17 but I believe he meant German "bred" as in his football education. Yeah, I agree that using "breed" does seem a tad racist...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Tobi17 wrote:
ogasir wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:

If that's how your reasoning or lack thereof deciphers such idiotic deduction on the context of what I mearnt, then by all means knock yourself out... I've got no time to stupidity.
Bros, you for just clarify yasef. I am assuming you meant "bred" and not "breed"?

Personally, I am strong proponent that those overseas-born and tutored footballers if good enough should be recruited and wooed.

One thing for certain is that they are the age they claim they are.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:

Yiba, please keep talking to the boy.
He will enjoy his experience playing with players from similar backgrounds while playing for Naijaria.
Heck, he might even feel fulfilled as a human being resolving his identity crisis.
We want the best playing for Naijaria. And he is a quality footballer.
This is an aspect many people just do not and cannot get.
Though it might be a little patronising calling it a 'crisis', for many of them it is still a major epiphany nonetheless.

For those of us born and/or bred in Naija we actually take our origins for granted and we are preoccupied spending the majority of our time badmouthing the "useless" country.

But for others who have spent a lifetime not quite feeling accepted in society, it transcends NEPA and APC/PDP, bad roads, no water and pandemic corruption.
It is a far deeper experience, maybe even a spiritual one.

Many of those that saw Balogun weeping have no clue what was going on in his head and heart.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Come.....is this thread about Udokhai or Akpoguma? :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Of course Naija want him. Welcome son
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:Come.....is this thread about Udokhai or Akpoguma? :blink:
Oga, it was supposed to be about Udokhai, according to the 'heading' of the thread, but as usual, it's gradually changing into another thing. With that, I believe very soon, it will be about coach Rohr :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:

If he was half as good as you make him out to be, he would be starting for Germany and say Bayern Munich today. Bear in mind Germany currently has a centreback problem.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Odas wrote:

FYI, Felix lost his position in Wolfsburg due to injury with his knee for 6 months. He is very good at taking chances and turning them to gold. I have followed his career from his Munich days and can attest that he is quality. He only needs to be consistent.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ogasir wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Odas wrote:

:lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved