Nigeria Goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye Concedes 17 Goals In 6 Matc

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

emjay
Egg
Egg
Nigeria Goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye Concedes 17 Goals In 6 Matc

Post by emjay »

by emjayyoungwiz12: 8:13pm
Newly Invited Nigerian Goalkeeper Maduka Okoye who plays for Fortuna Düsseldorf II In the German lower division has raised serious Concern for the Super Eagles Goalkeeping department after Conceeding 17 goals in 6 Matches according to stats From TransferMarkt.

Maduka Recently Made is Debut for the Super Eagles Of Nigeria after coming in as a second Half substitute for Injured Francis Uzoho in the 1-1 draw with South American Giant Brazil in a friendly match Last weekend in Singapore.

Nigeria has continued to look for a long term replacement for out-of-favor super eagles Legend Vincent Enyeama. Daniel Akpeyi ,Francis Uzoho,Ikechukwu Ezenwa And Maduka Okoye are all in the running for the Post of Eagles first choice goalie but doesn't seem to happen anytime soon as they have all lacked consistency. The Recent stat of invited Goalie Maduka Okoye is an indication that Nigeria is yet to Get a perfect fit in the Goalkeeping Department.
https://www.footynaija.com.ng/2019/10/n ... okoye.html
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria Goalkeeper, Maduka Okoye Concedes 17 Goals In 6

Post by john12 »

chai the QUALITY of our team doesn't matter when we face the likes of Messi, Modric, Neymah etc afterall, we can fast for 40 days and expect miracles from coach ROHR
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

emjay wrote:by emjayyoungwiz12: 8:13pm
Newly Invited Nigerian Goalkeeper Maduka Okoye who plays for Fortuna Düsseldorf II In the German lower division has raised serious Concern for the Super Eagles Goalkeeping department after Conceeding 17 goals in 6 Matches according to stats From TransferMarkt.

Maduka Recently Made is Debut for the Super Eagles Of Nigeria after coming in as a second Half substitute for Injured Francis Uzoho in the 1-1 draw with South American Giant Brazil in a friendly match Last weekend in Singapore.

Nigeria has continued to look for a long term replacement for out-of-favor super eagles Legend Vincent Enyeama. Daniel Akpeyi ,Francis Uzoho,Ikechukwu Ezenwa And Maduka Okoye are all in the running for the Post of Eagles first choice goalie but doesn't seem to happen anytime soon as they have all lacked consistency. The Recent stat of invited Goalie Maduka Okoye is an indication that Nigeria is yet to Get a perfect fit in the Goalkeeping Department.

What kind of ignorance is this? Is the goalie the player on the field tasked with stopping the opponent? Every top goalie today has done the same and worse when they were 19yrs old. Pls find better topics to post about. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Can you take a break from this your self hate campaign? It got old a long time ago
john12 wrote:chai the QUALITY of our team doesn't matter when we face the likes of Messi, Modric, Neymah etc afterall, we can fast for 40 days and expect miracles from coach ROHR
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So what about the defence if he was that bad they probably wouldn’t have stopped using him unless he’s the only goalkeeper available at that level?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I sense some people are against Okoye's selection. Rohr needs to widen the net and invite other probables to compete with the ones he has already pencilled.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote:I sense some people are against Okoye's selection. Rohr needs to widen the net and invite other probables to compete with the ones he has already pencilled.
Some people are against the selection because he plays in the 4th division...
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:I sense some people are against Okoye's selection. Rohr needs to widen the net and invite other probables to compete with the ones he has already pencilled.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote:
Good point.

And how does it compare to the place and division Uzoho plays?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Good point.

Lolly, the motto is: abroad is better than home based.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Agents at work! Trying to discredit the new guy so their clients can have a shot ..

But 17 goals plenti sha ...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Good point.

Homebased got wired by Togo 4 - 1
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote:Agents at work! Trying to discredit the new guy so their clients can have a shot ..

But 17 goals plenti sha ...
:rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Good point.

And didn't concede in the second leg.... Your non existence point was?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

fabio wrote:
1naija wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Good point.

And didn't concede in the second leg.... Your non existence point was?
That you have no point ...

Imagine how pointless your point have to be for a non existent point to point that you have no point. :D
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

You must be a Kenyan who is 'very fed-up' with the poor performance of his nation's team :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Good point.

how about Madagascar?
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eaglezbeak wrote:So what about the defence if he was that bad they probably wouldn’t have stopped using him unless he’s the only goalkeeper available at that level?
No, the deficiencies of the defense matters not obviously. The writer of the article seems to forget 'defense' is the job of the entire team, not just the keeper's.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:
fabio wrote:
Lolly wrote:
fabio wrote:
Good point.

how about Madagascar?
You will surely go wrong against any team when you have Mikel, Ogu, and Akpeyi in your line up.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE DOES FOR CLUB; ONLY EAGLE'S PERFORMANCE MATTERS

As I've always said, a keeper is only as good as his defense. And the defense is only as good as their keeper. Heck, you can even throw in the forwards - every dept affects the other. That's why you win or lose as a team. Anyway, before this takes root, let's recall that it's not too long ago that people started, without justification, questioning the abilities of Uzoho. See what they are saying about him now.
Bell
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

17 goals across 6 matches is not that bad as it sounds, it is less than 3 goals per match. And yes you could have a disastrous match where you end shipping 4 and another maybe 2. The bottom line is what is the quality of the team he plays for?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:17 goals across 6 matches is not that bad as it sounds, it is less than 3 goals per match. And yes you could have a disastrous match where you end shipping 4 and another maybe 2. The bottom line is what is the quality of the team he plays for?

KPOM. More info needed. For what we know he may well have been in good form reducing number of goals conceded. :rotf: :rotf: IMHO, it is best to judge these guys based on their individual and not by their club, league, or where they play.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

but Kepa chopped 4 vs united, assanal's leno don chop so many , talkless of Watford goalie who chopped 8 and the Southampton GK who chopped 9
SuperEagles