On Uzoho's Injury

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Uzoho our for 6 Months (allegedly) knee ligaments

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
1naija wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Who are our options during this period? I reckon Ezenwa gets in goal for the qualifiers.
The post says Uzoho is probably out for 6 weeks and your biggest concern is who will be his replacement?? Really?

And you wonder why our players pull out of friendlies?

I hope he gets back much sooner.
Six weeks or six months?
Months
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:
Robotnik wrote:Who are our options during this period? I reckon Ezenwa gets in goal for the qualifiers.
The post says Uzoho is probably out for 6 weeks and your biggest concern is who will be his replacement?? Really?

And you wonder why our players pull out of friendlies?

I hope he gets back much sooner.
U think these folks give to.crap.about the playets?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Uzoho

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wishing Nigeria's Number 1 a speedy recovery, this guy now gives me serious confidence in goal similar to Vince..ALREADY has 2 tournaments in the back the sky is the limit. See you back in March....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

This is quite frankly awful for this guy at this stage of his career. Hasn't even built a name or a consistent starting position, and is out for 6 months?? As a goalkeeper??
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: On Uzoho's Injury

Post by DIMKA76 »

Naija seem Jinxed in this position, first Ikeme now Uzoho.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

DIMKA76 wrote:Naija seem Jinxed in this position, first Ikeme now Uzoho.
Dosun
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Still no confirmation regarding the precise injury?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Cruciate ligament and out for a minimum 6 months.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Just one man’s opinion…..

I looked at that replay several times, and I think that that injury was caused mostly by a lack of confidence. Uzoho tried to pull a move that keepers pull every day in response to a cross, but when he landed, he twisted one of his knees awkwardly.

My sense is that that was possible because he jumped without conviction/half-heartedly, and really wasn’t sure what to do with respect to that cross. As a result, his legs were dangling under him and susceptible to being twisted on impact. I know this is a bit far out, but a lack of conviction can cause injuries due to the fact that the person fails to support a body part adequately. There is such a thing as bracing for impact. And I just dont think Uzoho was braced adequately...so his leg just wasn't ready

Again, its just an opinion. Hope he recovers quickly
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

deanotito wrote:Just one man’s opinion…..

I looked at that replay several times, and I think that that injury was caused mostly by a lack of confidence. Uzoho tried to pull a move that keepers pull every day in response to a cross, but when he landed, he twisted one of his knees awkwardly.

My sense is that that was possible because he jumped without conviction/half-heartedly, and really wasn’t sure what to do with respect to that cross. As a result, his legs were dangling under him and susceptible to being twisted on impact. I know this is a bit far out, but a lack of conviction can cause injuries due to the fact that the person fails to support a body part adequately. There is such a thing as bracing for impact. And I just dont think Uzoho was braced adequately...so his leg just wasn't ready

The Spurs keeper picking up a similar injury..Was a bad landing... it happens. Uzoho was looking confident all night.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Mr Shows wrote:

The Spurs keeper picking up a similar injury..Was a bad landing... it happens. Uzoho was looking confident all night.
Didn’t see the spurs keeper injury you’re talking about, but could very well have still been a lack of confidence as well….or not.

When it comes to knee ligament injuries, they happen for a variety of reasons. For some, it happens when they come to a sudden stop. For others, they happen as a result of unnatural twisting movements. With Uzoho, it was clearly the latter. And when I look at the replay over and over, it appeared to me that it was very likely because he wasn’t braced for impact.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ok, you can be as confident as ever but gravity is in control so just try not to land awkwardly but if you believe confidence would have prevented his injury you must know how to fly or levitate!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

Ok, you can be as confident as ever but gravity is in control so just try not to land awkwardly but if you believe confidence would have prevented his injury you must know how to fly or levitate!
I don't think you ready what I wrote. Gravity notwithstanding, you can land awkwardly and not land awkwardly. If your legs are not braced for impact, you can snap them right in 2. You have a situation here where a goalkeeper makes a very traditional leap and ends up almost snapping his knee due to the twisting that happens on impact. It is my guess (and I was very clear this was a guess) that he was not braced for impact…and that to me is either due to a half-hearted jump or a loss of concentration.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

It was a bad injury watching it on replay. He was unlucky as I don't feel it's something he can consciously prevent. Anytime you go up to grab or attack an aerial ball, there's more risk than sitting safely on your line. Get well soon Uzoho.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

deanotito wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

I don't think you ready what I wrote. Gravity notwithstanding, you can land awkwardly and not land awkwardly. If your legs are not braced for impact, you can snap them right in 2. You have a situation here where a goalkeeper makes a very traditional leap and ends up almost snapping his knee due to the twisting that happens on impact. It is my guess (and I was very clear this was a guess) that he was not braced for impact…and that to me is either due to a half-hearted jump or a loss of concentration.
Ok
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yeah it looked bad, watching it live

Wish him a speedy recovery.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uzoho

Post by cchinukw »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Typical Cockroach. When the light comes on they hide in the dark. Uzoho is fine. The stupendous performance of our team is what we're concerned about.
Stupendously disappointing you mean. :roll:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

he landed on his toes, when ever i am in goal I always aim to land in my heels, the weight is spread across a wider area. the pressure was way too much, landing on his toes. His knees subsequently gave way.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Akpeyi's pastor must really be one of a kind, get well soon our irreplaceable #1.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:This is quite frankly awful for this guy at this stage of his career. Hasn't even built a name or a consistent starting position, and is out for 6 months?? As a goalkeeper??

It's crazy, apparently, the other goalkeeper in his club also suffered a freak injury on national duties as well.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

A solution is on the way:

Bournemouth teenage goalkeeper Joseph Oluwabusola seeks to use U17 World Cup to become Nigeria's number one - See more at: https://bit.ly/32MXgeM

I for one shall be keeping an eye on this youngster when Nigeria's campaign gets going over the weekend. He appears to be a great prospect as everyone is already talking about him.

Nigeria should be looking to lift her sixth U17 World Cup[ in Brazil and expect a few youngsters to emerge for the SDuper Eagles. At the moment, we have Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen from the 2015 squad as Eagles starters, just as we have Francis Uzoho from the 2013 World Cup winning team.

Come Qatar 2022, I expect at least two members of the 2019 team to be in the World Cup squad. Who knows, this kid Joseph Oluwabusola may emerge as a revelation.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Nonsense $#% opinion. Pardon my language.

He landed awkwardly and got injured. Has nothing to do with confidence. I guess Victor Valdes who suffered a similar injury a while back also had confidence issues. It is quite common for goalies because they must jump and land accurately, else their knees or ankles will buckle. Tim Krul at Newcastle, Asenjo at Villareal, El Shanawy of Egypt, immediately come to mind. These injuries are also very common in basketball.

Anyway, these "explanations" just reflect the mindset of people who do not want to admit that accidents happen.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:A solution is on the way:

Bournemouth teenage goalkeeper Joseph Oluwabusola seeks to use U17 World Cup to become Nigeria's number one - See more at: https://bit.ly/32MXgeM

I for one shall be keeping an eye on this youngster when Nigeria's campaign gets going over the weekend. He appears to be a great prospect as everyone is already talking about him.

Nigeria should be looking to lift her sixth U17 World Cup[ in Brazil and expect a few youngsters to emerge for the SDuper Eagles. At the moment, we have Samuel Chukwueze and Victor Osimhen from the 2015 squad as Eagles starters, just as we have Francis Uzoho from the 2013 World Cup winning team.

Come Qatar 2022, I expect at least two members of the 2019 team to be in the World Cup squad. Who knows, this kid Joseph Oluwabusola may emerge as a revelation.
Why? Because you heard 'Bournemouth'?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you EVER seen him play? He couldn't get game time at the U17 AFCON even as we struggled with goalkeeping issues following the MRI exclusion of the GK at the U17 WAFU qualifying tournament. Anyway, I hope that the kid goes on to blossom into a good GK (even though there are indications he's on the way out at Bournemouth and he's currently NOT listed in their U18 squad).

Frankly, the only surprise is that you also did not list Daniel Jinadu of West Ham Academy, but that's probably because you have not fortuitously stumbled upon a story about him (in the manner that you stumble upon Joseph). In fact, the starting GK for the Eaglets at the U17 WC is more likely to be between Daniel and Abuja Football College's Shaibu Stephens (albeit Joseph remans in the frame).

Anyway, do not make this another Friday Onyekwu debacle...
Let these teenagers grow and hopefully blossom at a natural pace.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL