Nigeria Never Shown Interest In Me – Tomori

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
Nigeria Never Shown Interest In Me – Tomori

Post by Next »

https://www.brila.net/nigeria-never-sho ... me-tomori/
Chelsea defender Fikayo Tomori has opened up on his decision to represent England at the senior international level over Nigeria.

Tomori was eligible to play for the Super Eagles but chooses to go with three lions after he was called up for the Euro 2020 qualifiers with Czech Republic and Bulgaria few weeks back.

The 21-year-old has now revealed that Nigeria never try to get him, and it was only England that showed interest in him and it would have been difficult to say no to them.

”I just wanted to go as far as I can and that also involves playing for the national team. ”It was a difficult choice for me.

It was something I had to think about for a year or two and I was previously at the U-21 Euros, so I wasn’t thinking too far ahead, but then there was a lot of talk and questions and I had to make a decision.

”England called me up in September, and I didn’t get a call up from anyone when they called me up, it was hard to say no to them.”

Tomori who however still eligible to switch allegiance to Nigeria, because he not been capped by the Garrett Southgate, said he loves Nigerian culture, food and the music.

”I enjoy Nigerian music, I’m Nigerian, it’s my culture and I’m very proud of it. I enjoy the food too -pounded yam and Jollof especially.”
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Nigeria Never Shown Interest In Me – Tomori

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mods shangalo this to the multiple tomato abi mori threads
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

My take is it is still of EN interest since it relates to SE callup. So it remains for now.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote:My take is it is still of EN interest since it relates to SE callup. So it remains for now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so predictable .... what a tool
SuperEagles

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Tomori's folks are proper Ibadan folks. His dad went to GCI and I think his grandad was a prof at UCH.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

We need to leave these young men alone. He has made his choice & we should wish him well. He made the best choice for his football career.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Goldleaf wrote:Tomori's folks are proper Ibadan folks. His dad went to GCI and I think his grandad was a prof at UCH.
I didn't know he's Prof Tomori's grandson.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Typical xxxxx duplicitous ways,backstab somebody, blame them for it then claim love for them. GTFOH! :curse:

Edited by moderator.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is ridiculous! The player is not an Eagle, how can this be on Eagles Nest?

And he needs to go fook himself! He loves England and wants England! He needs to stop lying and insulting our intelligence! I have no issues with him playing for England, but he is an idi0t for the comments he made here.. what does he take us for? fools? :rolleyes: If you really wanted to play for Nigeria, you will reject England. Stup1d idi0t of a person. He thinks he has sense.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

At the end of the day, people will treat you exactly how you treat yourself. honestly, I can't even blame these dual-nationals for these insults. Nigerians are the ones to blame because the moment NFF start showing interest after players has publicly Signified their Intentions of playing for Nigeria, the better for us. Until then, we would constantly be Used, Abused, Disrespected etc. Afterall, Shola Ameobi had a WC appearance despite his SE rejection
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Nigerians won't learn from all these insult/rejection. next, they will ask that we embarrass ourselves once again and get Saka
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Nigerians won't learn from all these insult/rejection. next, they will ask that we embarrass ourselves once again and get Saka
Doesn’t hurt to try esp if they don’t need to file papers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

The boy is a monster of a player. Too bad, he won’t play for us.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

okidoki wrote:The boy is a monster of a player. Too bad for him, he won’t play for us.
corrected your post, he can conyinue to sit in the stands behind maguire, keane, mings, tarowski, jones, etc etc
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

maceo abeg it hurts to try. we can't keep embarrassing ourselves
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:maceo abeg it hurts to try. we can't keep embarrassing ourselves
That’s like saying because a chick can say no you won’t even try to approach, check ya ego abeg. If a player can help us you approach them worse they can say is no...and you keep it moving.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cchinukw wrote:My take is it is still of EN interest since it relates to SE callup. So it remains for now.
So we can open game threads about tomari?

Thanks
SuperEagles

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This Tomori guy is a liar. If he really wanted to play for Nigeria he would have turned down the last call up he got from England and indicated to the NFF that he wanted a switch. Also i find it hard to belive the NFF never looked his way all this time. Dude is just trying to save face. People need to move on from him. The guy was never interested in Nigeria from the beginning.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

bret- hart wrote:This Tomori guy is a liar. If he really wanted to play for Nigeria he would have turned down the last call up he got from England and indicated to the NFF that he wanted a switch. Also i find it hard to belive the NFF never looked his way all this time. Dude is just trying to save face. People need to move on from him. The guy was never interested in Nigeria from the beginning.

I wouldn't say he is a liar but as I mentioned in an previous thread, these boys are not just naive twenty-something year olds as some may like to think. They know exactly what they are doing. Read his quotes rather than the writer's paraphrasing and headlines, everything Tomori said is most likely true. Technically, he never did receive a call up from Nigeria and maybe that is his definition of a real and confirmed interest. He knows Nigeria made contact were indeed interested but is playing it off as something unofficial which to be fair, one could say is true. At the end of the day, he only received an official invitation from one country.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Zelex wrote:
bret- hart wrote:This Tomori guy is a liar. If he really wanted to play for Nigeria he would have turned down the last call up he got from England and indicated to the NFF that he wanted a switch. Also i find it hard to belive the NFF never looked his way all this time. Dude is just trying to save face. People need to move on from him. The guy was never interested in Nigeria from the beginning.

I wouldn't say he is a liar but as I mentioned in an previous thread, these boys are not just naive twenty-something year olds as some may like to think. They know exactly what they are doing. Read his quotes rather than the writer's paraphrasing and headlines, everything Tomori said is most likely true. Technically, he never did receive a call up from Nigeria and maybe that is his definition of a real and confirmed interest. He knows Nigeria made contact were indeed interested but is playing it off as something unofficial which to be fair, one could say is true. At the end of the day, he only received an official invitation from one country.
Yup that's likely how it happened, he also told Canada that he isn't ready to accept a call up from them yet.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
I no tok am! Demonic liar! You love England, no problem. No one cares! But to tell lies so you can play for the country you love, while continuing to curry favor of shameless natives is disgusting! Now, i hate this chap!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Zelex wrote:
I wouldn't say he is a liar
Dude! he literally told a lie, which makes him a liar! WTF!!??