Semi Ajayi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Semi Ajayi

Post by Gotti »

metalalloy wrote:And where is Egwuekwe today? When did the HB players last play a league game? Thats who you want to go and face Brazil? for confidence?
Where is Musa Mohammed? Where is Echiejile? Where is Uche Agbo? Where is Alampasu? Etc, etc, etc...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Semi Ajayi (Oluwasemilogo Ajayi) is from my home town. He will go down in history as the first Omo Oba-Ile to dorn the GWG jersey. Hurrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

What has happened to Fabio. Goodness, what a bad belle guy!! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

airwolex wrote:What has happened to Fabio. Goodness, what a bad belle guy!! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
Airwolex, what is bad belle is stating a point of view backed logic and empirical evidence?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Fabio is just stuck in analog mode, maybe it's just blind patriotism or just misinformation... though both diagnostics are not mutually exclusive, but someone needs to tell him we are better for it anymore when it comes to the rather poor quality of our league, and inevitably by extension the players that ply their trade there. Can the NFF do better? Heck yeah, but that's a issue for another day... Gernot Rohr is only contracted to work with what he has(which is ready made players), for a certain amount of time. It's only sheer buffonery to expect a German sexagenerian to attend all the league matches been played in Nigeria, scouting for the so called talents who are either booking the next available flights to some backwater league in Serbia- thanks to their ambitious agents... or performing woefully in one continental tournament or another... waste of time.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

You can easily tell when people have an agenda, logic or superior argument does not sway them. How anyone can advocate for players in our poor league to be included in the SE is beyond me. They come up with arguments about good players in the league but ask them to mention one player from the NPFL, that can step into the SE, they keep quiet but keep on with the same mantra.
There are obviously rough diamonds in the NPFL, but the SE is not the place where they will be polished.
I am happy
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

fabio wrote:
airwolex wrote:What has happened to Fabio. Goodness, what a bad belle guy!! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
Airwolex, what is bad belle is stating a point of view backed logic and empirical evidence?
Bros...this na pure bad belle. This is a feel-good thread about Semi Ajayi, a boy that has rebuilt his career through hard work and dedication. You don bring your HB katakata again. Haba take a break.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:You can easily tell when people have an agenda, logic or superior argument does not sway them. How anyone can advocate for players in our poor league to be included in the SE is beyond me. They come up with arguments about good players in the league but ask them to mention one player from the NPFL, that can step into the SE, they keep quiet but keep on with the same mantra.
There are obviously rough diamonds in the NPFL, but the SE is not the place where they will be polished.
The SE is the place where rough diamonds 2nd, 3rd and 4th Divisions in Europe are to be polished.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

airwolex wrote:
Bros...this na pure bad belle. This is a feel-good thread about Semi Ajayi, a boy that has rebuilt his career through hard work and dedication. You don bring your HB katakata again. Haba take a break.
We are all entitled to our freedom speech and expression... CE is a classic place for derailment of threads (rightly or wrongly). You are perfectly entitled to label me bad belle (although, there is no evidence to back it up). No one has addressed the issue highlighted here, just abuse and the occasional somewhat, maybe sensible reply (which once faced with facts, they are found wanting).

It is okay, to believe that Everything good and perfect thing comes from abroad, It´s perfectly okay, to disagree.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

fabio wrote:
airwolex wrote:
We are all entitled to our freedom speech and expression... CE is a classic place for derailment of threads (rightly or wrongly). You are perfectly entitled to label me bad belle (although, there is no evidence to back it up). No one has addressed the issue highlighted here, just abuse and the occasional somewhat, maybe sensible reply (which once faced with facts, they are found wanting).

It is okay, to believe that Everything good and perfect thing comes from abroad, It´s perfectly okay, to disagree.
Congratulate the young man and move on! Baba oropo! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:You can easily tell when people have an agenda, logic or superior argument does not sway them. How anyone can advocate for players in our poor league to be included in the SE is beyond me. They come up with arguments about good players in the league but ask them to mention one player from the NPFL, that can step into the SE, they keep quiet but keep on with the same mantra.
The SE is the place where rough diamonds 2nd, 3rd and 4th Divisions in Europe are to be polished.
Name them!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Says who, Chief?
Another strawman from you.

And which "facts" have you presented that haven't been debunked quite easily?
The facts are not on your side. Feelings are.
How you are seeing the direct opposite is truly baffling.
:idea: :idea: :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Says who, Chief?

Kindly read what Enugu II for the facts.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Says who, Chief?

Kindly read what Enugu II for the facts.
We are talking about you, not Enugu II.
Besides, Enugu II's factual contribution doesn't necessarily help your argument.

For example he says "not that I disagree with scouting 4th division players, BTW. I actually support such scouting..."
He also says "It is true that majority of Nigeria's best players are outside the country. No one would dispute that..."
Personally I don't agree with the former and agree with the latter.
You disagree with both.

Where we all should be agreeing is that quality players in the NPFL still exist but are few and far between and are diminishing by the day thanks to raiding. This is reflected in our poor CHAN, WAFU and continental club performances.

But no, you cant even agree with that but prefer to set up strawmen or engage in "emotional" back and forths, labelling all dissenters 'WOWOs'.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Uncle Damunk, let's keep this discussion 'clean'. Please kindly show me where I am labelled those who disagree with my argument 'WOWOs'?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:Uncle Damunk, let's keep this discussion 'clean'. Please kindly show me where I am labelled those who disagree with my argument 'WOWOs'?
I haven't got time to start trawling through your posts but your long-standing position is that those of us that are not joining you in diminishing Rohr's achievements and bashing him at every turn are simply besotted by the colour of his skin.
If that isn't the very definition of 'WOWOism' then I don't know what is. :rotf:

There is no greater insult to our collective intelligence than that. Which is why I say your arguments are emotional and not factual.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
Besides, Enugu II's factual contribution doesn't necessarily help your argument.

For example he says "not that I disagree with scouting 4th division players, BTW. I actually support such scouting..."
He also says "It is true that majority of Nigeria's best players are outside the country. No one would dispute that..."
You disagree with both.

Where we all should be agreeing is that quality players in the NPFL still exist but are few and far between and are diminishing by the day thanks to raiding. This is reflected in our poor CHAN, WAFU and continental club performances.

But no, you cant even agree with that but prefer to set up strawmen or engage in "emotional" back and forths, labelling all dissenters 'WOWOs'.
Using CHAN, WAFU and continental club performance was a theory to claim that quality players in the league are few and far between is frankly a joke which shows inadequate history of Nigerian record in such competitions. Nigeria record in those competitions have not been 'good'. As, Enugu II also pointed out in a similar argument about continental tournaments awhile ago that the late Ogunjobi devised a means of loaning players from clubs to booster clubs playing the continent.

This is my theory: Nigeria has won Afcon three times. The first I was not yet born. The second and third i witnessed and studied what both coaches did. Both coaches built from the league (their teams were not necessarily dominated by HB players, the building of the team started with players from the league). This building process resulted to two Afcon and WC second round (excluding France '98). France '98 team which was an anomaly in the theory, was built upon the Atlanta'96 team (which itself was built from an home based team, until the nil-nil draw with Kenya. When the FB likes Jay Jay, Oliseh etc were drafted to the team. I believe Willy Bazuaye was the coach, until Jo Bonfrere took over the team).

Until evidence is presented to contrary, outlined above is the formula that has produced results for the SE.

This should be thrown out to avoid the labelling and name calling. Every Naija should be given a chance to play for the SE, regardless of their location or place of birth. This hegemony of, no HB players is good enough for the SE practiced by current NFF leadership team is wrong which was confirmed by the SE spokesman is wrong.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:Uncle Damunk, let's keep this discussion 'clean'. Please kindly show me where I am labelled those who disagree with my argument 'WOWOs'?
I haven't got time to start trawling through your posts but your long-standing position is that those of us that are not joining you in diminishing Rohr's achievements and bashing him at every turn are simply besotted by the colour of his skin.
If that isn't the very definition of 'WOWOism' then I don't know what is. :rotf:

There is no greater insult to our collective intelligence than that. Which is why I say your arguments are emotional and not factual.
You haven't got time trawling through post, because it doesn't exist. :taunt:

My critic of Rohr has nothing to do with the perceived colour of his skin. My critic of Rohr has always been on his coaching and management methods. Keep using emotions to have the upper hand.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I like how a thread I created to SPECIFICALLY celebrate Semi Ajayi has been beautifully turned into a HB vs FB debate... surely you guys can't enough of yourselves can you? Abeg fabio create another topic if you're itching for a debate , have some respect for other members, and stop deflecting threads with your trolling(I'm sure you' won't fancy it if the same was done to you) SMH.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:

You disagree with both.

Using CHAN, WAFU and continental club performance was a theory to claim that quality players in the league are few and far between is frankly a joke which shows inadequate history of Nigerian record in such competitions. Nigeria record in those competitions have not been 'good'. As, Enugu II also pointed out in a similar argument about continental tournaments awhile ago that the late Ogunjobi devised a means of loaning players from clubs to booster clubs playing the continent.
If it has not been 'good' it is still not good, if not even worse. So where does that leave us?
With a problem - and that problem is that our 'local' players (and teams) are not performing.
U can't on the one hand be blindly critical of the SE for winning bronze at the last AFCON and then make excuses based on history for the HB Eagles not being 'good' enough - in fact, not even qualifying - for CHAN.
So how you can try and turn this around to argue for local players to be included in the full SE team defies logic. That local players are suffering an injustice and are not being given a chance is an emotional argument. The whole idea of CHAN is to give them exposure and a chance to show what they can do.
Keshi got the bronze in CHAN 2014 and chose some of his players for his WC squad. But it seems you believe Keshi's decision must now be prescriptive for everyone at all times.
What's with that? :?:

This is my theory: Nigeria has won Afcon three times. The first I was not yet born. The second and third i witnessed and studied what both coaches did. Both coaches built from the league (their teams were not necessarily dominated by HB players, the building of the team started with players from the league). This building process resulted to two Afcon and WC second round (excluding France '98). France '98 team which was an anomaly in the theory, was built upon the Atlanta'96 team (which itself was built from an home based team, until the nil-nil draw with Kenya. When the FB likes Jay Jay, Oliseh etc were drafted to the team. I believe Willy Bazuaye was the coach, until Jo Bonfrere took over the team).

Until evidence is presented to contrary, outlined above is the formula that has produced results for the SE.
:D :D :D
Your theory deserves respect and not condemnation; if only you could do the same with those theories that do not agree with you rather than blame it all on WOWOism.

Having said that, your theory is based on very limited data. There are far too many variables you have overlooked to reach your preferred conclusions. The game is changing very rapidly and yesterday's methods don't necessarily apply today. For example, the revered 'tiki-taka' isn't what it once was.

- The NPFL seems to be even worse than it ever was.
- The Raiders are stripping our teams of their assets in even greater numbers, including our younger players in academies.
- Foreign born Nigerian players are flooding the youth ranks of the world's top-tier leagues (mostly the EPL understandably) like a tsunami. It was once a mere trickle, its now unstoppable.

What Keshi or Bazuaye did yesterday is almost certainly not what they'd do today.
Its not as if Keshi's squad selections were not questionable, but he got away from deep scrutiny by producing results which, being fans, rightly or wrongly pacified us. :idea:
This should be thrown out to avoid the labelling and name calling. Every Naija should be given a chance to play for the SE, regardless of their location or place of birth. This hegemony of, no HB players is good enough for the SE practiced by current NFF leadership team is wrong which was confirmed by the SE spokesman is wrong.
But nobody here is denying this.
Sorry, but this is your strawman argument you keep repeating.
The question is, who are the local players that can and should make the SE on merit?
Where are they?
Your position is identical to the quota system argument. Everyone must be 'represented', regardless of quality.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:

You haven't got time trawling through post, because it doesn't exist. :taunt:

My critic of Rohr has nothing to do with the perceived colour of his skin. My critic of Rohr has always been on his coaching and management methods. Keep using emotions to have the upper hand.
Is this an attempt to get me to start reading your posts all over again? :lol:
Check your own posts.
You have used the term WOWO yourself and have given your full backing to those who use the term to dismiss any arguments against your position.

I don't need to call you ni&&a to call you ni&&@.
Deny it and you will be lying. :idea:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:I like how a thread I created to SPECIFICALLY celebrate Semi Ajayi has been beautifully turned into a HB vs FB debate... surely you guys can't enough of yourselves can you? Abeg fabio create another topic if you're itching for a debate , have some respect for other members, and stop deflecting threads with your trolling(I'm sure you' won't fancy it if the same was done to you) SMH.
Celebrating Semi is celebrating Rohr...and they can't stand it.
Its an emotional problem. :rotf:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk, sorry i dey naija. Can't reply as much as i would like...

Your position is identical to the quota system argument. Everyone must be 'represented', regardless of quality.
That's not my position. If my position isn't clear, asking for clarification would be apt. Never advocated for invitation based quota, just equality of opportunity.