NIGERIA U17 4 HUNGARY U17 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA U17 4 HUNGARY U17 2

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:Every one is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is I am not really interested in the U17 world cup. The reality is the U20 level is where you find the next generation of stars. I think it is time for Nigeria to win the U20 world cup.
...don't worry soon u17 will graduate to u20. Keep eye on them, and I hope when their time come you don't go ask for foreign born to come play.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Senegal looking good. Leading the USA 4-1
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Naturally talented players, but disappointed with the technical quality of both the players and the team...Need to modernize our approach to development of young players.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Lolly wrote:Senegal looking good. Leading the USA 4-1

After watching Senegal vs USA, I am beginning to think Senegal will beat the common sense out of the young Eagles. They are that good. Above all they have strikers, of which I do not see in the Nigerian squad. But we pray Nigeria improves with as the tournament lasts.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

After watching Senegal vs USA, I am beginning to think Senegal will beat the common sense out of the young Eagles. They are that good. Above all they have strikers, of which I do not see in the Nigerian squad. But we pray Nigeria improves with as the tournament lasts.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

txj wrote:Naturally talented players, but disappointed with the technical quality of both the players and the team...Need to modernize our approach to development of young players.
What you really mean by “modernize” is import a bunch of oyibo coaches to take over the handling of Nigerian youth teams. What else is new :?: :!:

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
txj wrote:Naturally talented players, but disappointed with the technical quality of both the players and the team...Need to modernize our approach to development of young players.
What you really mean by “modernize” is import a bunch of oyibo coaches to take over the handling of Nigerian youth teams. What else is new :?: :!:

Cheers.
Txj should get up and put his money where his mouth is.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cheers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Igugu wrote:
I’m sure if you had seen Hungary at the Euro championships, you would think they would beat us too... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Gotti wrote:
Igugu wrote:
I’m sure if you had seen Hungary at the Euro championships, you would think they would beat us too... :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
They said the same thing about Amuneke's U17 team.
The rest is history.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cheers.
It means exactly what I said- modernize our training of young players. Its not rocket science; it just requires everyone concerned from the NFF to coaches and academies to raise their game....

The technical quality of the players is not good...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote:

Cheers.
I'm not a coach.

You are, as I gather a physician. Just b/c you comment on football does not mean you should coach in order to justify your opinions...

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Cheers.
I'm not a coach.

You are, as I gather a physician. Just b/c you comment on football does not mean you should coach in order to justify your opinions...
You're not a coach? :huh: I could have bet my right testicle that you coach coaches. Thanks for saving one of my ekpon :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:
txj wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Cheers.
I'm not a coach.

You're not a coach? :huh: I could have bet my right testicle that you coach coaches. Thanks for saving one of my ekpon :tic:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Focus on the issue. We need to improve our training methods for young players.

Simply churning out the same kind of naturally talented but technically average players is not good enough...

Pajimoh is a Spuds fan and follows the academy. Do the Spurds youngsters exhibit the kind of poor technique and understanding of the team game you see from our boys?

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

txj wrote:

Cheers.
It means exactly what I said- modernize our training of young players. Its not rocket science; it just requires everyone concerned from the NFF to coaches and academies to raise their game....

You keep bandying the word “modernize” about without explaining what it means in this context. Tell me what Nigerian coaches are not doing that’s hampering the development of our youth teams... and then tell me what youth team foreign coaches are doing or have that Nigerian coaches, in your estimation, don’t seem to be getting a grasp of; that is besides the facilities at the disposal of oyibo coaches :!:

Cheers.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

txj wrote:

Cheers.

You keep bandying the word “modernize” about without explaining what it means in this context. Tell me what Nigerian coaches are not doing that’s hampering the development of our youth teams... and then tell me what youth team foreign coaches are doing or have that Nigerian coaches, in your estimation, don’t seem to be getting a grasp of; that is besides the facilities at the disposal of oyibo coaches :!:

Cheers.
Tiger Killer, you go wait tire to get answer from this guy.
Na to just pose with big grammar and make blame him sabi.

BTW, if this team manages to do well in this tournament, he will shift to his favorite expertise,
of deciphering kids' ages from pictures and video.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

txj wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.

You should research training methodologies for youth players without waiting for me. Its all over the internet.

But even without this, just put the Nigeria/Hungary game side by side with the Brazil/AUST game and the difference is stark....

Don't focus on the talent of the players (we know they are talented), but pay attention to technical traits they exhibit; for eg: how they receive the ball, including first touch, body shape, etc.

Plus the first instinct of nearly every Nigerian player is to run. Now its not a bad thing to have instinctive players, but you need to teach players how/when to apply this...

From the team perspective, look at the spacing and the consistency of the spacing; what types of runs they make, with and without the ball, etc...

And BTW, I have actually watched a few training sessions of a number of Nigerian academies in the past.

Perhaps things have changed- Ugbowo can correct me. But I'm not seeing it in the players....

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

JACKAL wrote:I read there is a fifa link ?

[/video]
Kai, na wa-ooo! I missed this game also, damn. Well, God-dey, sha
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

How come African countries do extremely well at U-17 tournaments?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chei , that was some serious sucker punches by the Nigerian kids ...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Rawlings wrote:How come African countries do extremely well at U-17 tournaments?
Professor Rawlings, what you think is the reason? I know you have an idea
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Rawlings wrote:How come African countries do extremely well at U-17 tournaments?
They spend more training time than the others. They are camped for longer periods. The number of teams are about equal relative to other continents.