Rangers/Shooting/NFA conspiracy against Bendel Insurance?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rangers/Shooting/NFA conspiracy against Bendel Insurance

Post by txj »

megapro wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Great thread. I just want to correct one thing, though.

I believe the 1980 Cup of Nations came a tad too late for that great Bendel Insurance team. Here is why. Yes, several Insurance players were invited for the Green Eagles preparation for the 1980 Cup of Nations, not all of them planned to be there. First, Chris Ogu never traveled to the training camp in Brazil. Instead, he stayed back in Nigeria seeking his traveling Visa to the United States for school at North Carolina State. Francis Moniedafe traveled to Brazil but left camp (with approval from one of the coaches -- Godwin Etemike) to leave for the United States for further studies.

Then, it seems that many of you forgot the problems in the club that robbed several players of their form. First, Ogboe was on a 1-man strike for several weeks before the Canon game in 1979 protesting the car gift given to the likes of Agboinfo, Omokaro, and Moniedafe. If you remember, by the time he came back to the team he was in very poor form. That was his shape as he headed for Brazil. Remember also that after the loss to Canon, the club (Insurance) moved Agboinfo, Ogboe, and Egharevba to the office on account of poor play. That was as good as their form going to Brazil. However, it must be stated that Egharevba was one of the last cuts made for the Nations Cup.

Although, these players were later put back into the Insurance team, it speaks volumes that in the 1980 Challenge Cup final against Stores, Agboinfo was on the bench and Ogboe played just 55 minutes before being rescued by George Omokaro. Remember, Omokaro was also one of those who had been invited to the Eagles camp. The point being made here, is that several of those Insurance players were perhaps not in the best of form in Brazil. For me, the most surprising cuts are not those being mentioned here. Instead it was Prince Afejukwu who was one of emerging young talents in 1979 and he was one of the last and for me surprise cuts headed to the Nations Cup. If you want additional details of these events I direct you to Moniedafe's biography (I co-authored) titled Moniedafe: My Life and Glory Years of Bendel Insurance FC.
Nonsense!!!!

I've never heard such a detailed and eloquent excuse for those Upper Sakponba footballers!!!

Strike or no strike, Ogboe was, to borrow from Cellular, Ogba na chance!

Its no wonder they were thoroughly schooled by Cannon; dem nefa finish rofo-rofo games for New Bini!!!!

And why the heck is a Vasco da Gama die hard fan making excuses for Up Bende?
This man just begin like this new term dey take am tab Insurance
1979 Canon did not school Bendel
It was 1:0 in Yaounde
0:0 in Nigeria

The scoreline was not a true reflection of the dominance of the platainians!

Up Bende was thoroughly schooled :oops: :oops:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

megapro wrote:OK
I'll post 1978 FA final commentry
Enjoy
Old news, bro....

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Great thread. I just want to correct one thing, though.

I believe the 1980 Cup of Nations came a tad too late for that great Bendel Insurance team. Here is why. Yes, several Insurance players were invited for the Green Eagles preparation for the 1980 Cup of Nations, not all of them planned to be there. First, Chris Ogu never traveled to the training camp in Brazil. Instead, he stayed back in Nigeria seeking his traveling Visa to the United States for school at North Carolina State. Francis Moniedafe traveled to Brazil but left camp (with approval from one of the coaches -- Godwin Etemike) to leave for the United States for further studies.

Then, it seems that many of you forgot the problems in the club that robbed several players of their form. First, Ogboe was on a 1-man strike for several weeks before the Canon game in 1979 protesting the car gift given to the likes of Agboinfo, Omokaro, and Moniedafe. If you remember, by the time he came back to the team he was in very poor form. That was his shape as he headed for Brazil. Remember also that after the loss to Canon, the club (Insurance) moved Agboinfo, Ogboe, and Egharevba to the office on account of poor play. That was as good as their form going to Brazil. However, it must be stated that Egharevba was one of the last cuts made for the Nations Cup.

Although, these players were later put back into the Insurance team, it speaks volumes that in the 1980 Challenge Cup final against Stores, Agboinfo was on the bench and Ogboe played just 55 minutes before being rescued by George Omokaro. Remember, Omokaro was also one of those who had been invited to the Eagles camp. The point being made here, is that several of those Insurance players were perhaps not in the best of form in Brazil. For me, the most surprising cuts are not those being mentioned here. Instead it was Prince Afejukwu who was one of emerging young talents in 1979 and he was one of the last and for me surprise cuts headed to the Nations Cup. If you want additional details of these events I direct you to Moniedafe's biography (I co-authored) titled Moniedafe: My Life and Glory Years of Bendel Insurance FC.
Nonsense!!!!

I've never heard such a detailed and eloquent excuse for those Upper Sakponba footballers!!!

Strike or no strike, Ogboe was, to borrow from Cellular, Ogba na chance!

Its no wonder they were thoroughly schooled by Cannon; dem nefa finish rofo-rofo games for New Bini!!!!

And why the heck is a Vasco da Gama die hard fan making excuses for Up Bende?
Txj,

You jus dey look for Waffi trouble. Make you wait and see.
I'll be waiting to deconstruct his hubris!!!

megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

txj wrote:
megapro wrote:OK
I'll post 1978 FA final commentry
Enjoy
Old news, bro....
All the same

megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold