Breaking News: SE List for ANC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Breaking News: SE List for ANC

Post by Otitokoro »

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Breaking News: SE List for ANC

Post by vancity eagle »

Honestly I would find a place for Iheanacho in that team.

I dont see what Onuachu is bringing.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Akpeyi's return to the fold was predictable - seems to be in good form with his club :thumb:

Happy for Bryan Idowu and Mikel Agu - deserving call ups, considering their very good performance in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League, respectively.

Huge question Marks: Shehu Abdullahi (well behind Awaziem and Ola Aina on the RB depth chart and offers zero value to the team) and Ahmed Musa (just coming off injuries). Also, Paul Onuachu has proven time and time again that he adds zero value to the team. Would have preferred Umar Sadiq of Partizan Belgrade, based on his superb performance against Manchester United in Europa League.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Why is Akpeyi still invited? I thought he was finished with the SE team? Hmm, maybe he is better than the others we have available
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Odas wrote:Why is Akpeyi still invited? I thought he was finished with the SE team? Hmm, maybe he is better than the others we have available
To be fair to him he has been in good form
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:Honestly I would find a place for Iheanacho in that team.

I dont see what Onuachu is bringing.
Rohr is a robotic moron, how Onuachu fits into this team js beyond me
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

GCFR IS BACK! :thumbs: :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Squad selection is fine. Not much to complain about IMO.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

A bit disappointed Eberechi Eze is not part of the squad.
But we don't know what was happening behind the scene.
He might have declined a call-up.
We are a few quality players short from having a very capable squad in all departments.
Nonetheless the best possible players available have been called up - only the inclusion of Onuachu and Shehu are questionable. We have better options in this department, especially in the central striker position. Even a match rusty Iheanacho brings more to the table than Onuachu.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: the Squad...Akpeyi don come back, chei.... then onuachi
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

shehu this shehu that people just like picking on northern players unnecessary. Shehu isn't even as bad as you some of you guys portray him and he is definitely good enough to deputize for Aina in the absence of ebuehi. #stopcomplainingpurposelessly
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

DAgrin wrote:A bit disappointed Eberechi Eze is not part of the squad.
But we don't know what was happening behind the scene.
He might have declined a call-up.
We are a few quality players short from having a very capable squad in all departments.
Nonetheless the best possible players available have been called up - only the inclusion of Onuachu and Shehu are questionable. We have better options in this department, especially in the central striker position. Even a match rusty Iheanacho brings more to the table than Onuachu.
I'm a big Eberechi fan, but judging by the reports I've read about him not necessarily declining a call up, but holding out for more time (apparently in hopes that he will be called up to England's U21 squad next week) seems to me like another Tammy Abraham type situation, seems the bobo no dey serious so at these point we should just maintain our lane and stop begging this guys like we owe them something. The midfield with the inclusion of Mikel Agu and Azeez has the needed finesse to take care of any team we face, much less against Benin and Lesotho (with due respect to them). Then add Ndidi, Aribo, Iwobi we are pretty much fine... another good player we have forgotten is Ejaria, seems he will be more interested in playing for Nigeria.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Is Etebo injured? He has to be careful and leave that useless league even though he's clearly been the best midfielder in the league. And he played the AM postiiom in the last Stoke game he played.

Azeez and Aribo are the new super regulars of the SE. Fantastic. Azeez starting in the team Currently 2nd on the laliga table and playing as an AM though he's a great and experienced CM and DM.

Aribo on the other hand is, infact, Steven Gerrard a world class midfielder in his own time said
“He's got the soft feet in the box to create exciting things, and I still have to pinch myself that we got him here.

"Joe can be whatever he wants to be. If he stays as humble as he is, stays as professional and keeps showing effort and desire, Joe can make his career whatever he wants it to be."

Two players I recommended heavily here but BigP accuses me of been a KGB agent while Gotti just hates any mention of Azeez. :bump:

So Emmanuel Dennis replaces benchwarning onyekuru. He deserves it. He's playing in the highest level of world football bar the WC, the Uefa champions league.

Rohr can't do away with his captain. Ahmed Musa deserves to be on this team like Mikel deserved to be in the SE in the last 4yrs. Musa can also play as a striker and support striker. Rohr prolly feels hes more useful to the team than Olayinka, or no game playing nacho, or that Bulgarian dude.

Onuachu, hmmmm. Apart from Osimhen, which other striker is doing a better job than him on a high level. Champions league is not beans o. He'll click. He's a handful for any defense. Klopp confirmed that recently. SE must learn to play with him. He's a yekini type striker. The team must learn to play to his style. For onuachu, they have to give him the type of balls he feeds on, crosses.

Almost a world class defense. Idowu seems to have tied down a permanent starting shirt in lokomotiv. Playing in the CL is not cocoyam. Great job.
What's shehu doing there?

Abeg, Akpeyi is the best we have abeg.

Fantastic league. We 2 seasons and 3 players away (and 1 goalkeeper away) from a world class team.

Rohr has proven to be a master. He needs to modernize his technical knowledge though.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Akpeyi's return to the fold was predictable - seems to be in good form with his club :thumb:

Happy for Bryan Idowu and Mikel Agu - deserving call ups, considering their very good performance in the UEFA Champions League and Europa League, respectively.

Huge question Marks: Shehu Abdullahi (well behind Awaziem and Ola Aina on the RB depth chart and offers zero value to the team) and Ahmed Musa (just coming off injuries). Also, Paul Onuachu has proven time and time again that he adds zero value to the team. Would have preferred Umar Sadiq of Partizan Belgrade, based on his superb performance against Manchester United in Europa League.
True, Rohr though seems very loyal once you are in his good graces he sticks with you till you piss him off like Kelechi seems to have done. But I can’t really argue for Kelechi over Onuachu because he’s not been active lately. Musa is the captain of the team so will be recalled ASAP. I’m hoping Umar’s time will come.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

I am very surprised he Dropped Etobo… Azeez is not a kid anymore. He is a real Veteran. I can see why Rorh is keeping him.

I said Aribo is world class from the first time I saw him play for us. You know them when you see them. They don't need 1/2 a season to start producing.. They are never awed or intimidated in whatever game they find themselves...that's Aribo…. NO Sadiq ?? I tire for Rorh O !
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

JACKAL wrote:I am very surprised he Dropped Etobo… Azeez is not a kid anymore. He is a real Veteran. I can see why Rorh is keeping him.

I said Aribo is world class from the first time I saw him play for us. You know them when you see them. They don't need 1/2 a season to start producing.. They are never awed or intimidated in whatever game they find themselves...that's Aribo…. NO Sadiq ?? I tire for Rorh O !
Etebo is out injured https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stokes ... 481235.amp
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Glad to see Mikel Agu getting a chance. Dude has busted the tail the last year or so, he just now catching a break.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Onuachu :clap: :clap: :clap:

Big Fan. Rohr got this right :thumbs:
Peter Obi For President 2023
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Babalawo wrote:Onuachu :clap: :clap: :clap:

Big Fan. Rohr got this right :thumbs:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Just as I predicted, Akpeyi gets a recall...
Given the circumstances it would have been INSANE to do otherwise.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=297586
Gotti wrote:People just like to verbally perambulate as if unaware of Rohr's conservative ways...
Please get ready for the RETURN OF AKPEYI! Not my cuppa tea, but makes sense under the circumstances.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Yup, in a crucial qualifiers we can't risk playing a rookie like Maduka or an out of form Ezenwa, Akpeyi is our crap, needless to say he has been immense for Kaiser Chiefs! we will love and appreciate him like that!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Tobi17 wrote:Yup, in a crucial qualifiers we can't risk playing a rookie like Maduka or an out of form Ezenwa, Akpeyi is our crap, needless to say he has been immense for Kaiser Chiefs! we will love and appreciate him like that!
We have never lost a game with Akpeyi at the post so why all the hating; Apkeyi is our number 1 deal with it or go hug a transformer
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

jette1 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Yup, in a crucial qualifiers we can't risk playing a rookie like Maduka or an out of form Ezenwa, Akpeyi is our crap, needless to say he has been immense for Kaiser Chiefs! we will love and appreciate him like that!
We have never lost a game with Akpeyi at the post so why all the hating; Apkeyi is our number 1 deal with it or go hug a transformer
Algeria says hi :taunt: